Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ The power of love ❯ chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: The power of love

Fandom: POT/Tenipuri

Type: Multi-part

Genre: General/Romance

Rating: PG-13

Pairings: Atobe/Oishi, Gakuto/Oishi

Disclaimer: No, I do not own Prince of Tennis.

Author's notes: I wonder why I decided to start on this fic, when I have so many on-going fics. My muses just refuses to stop poking me, so this is the results.

***

Chapter 2

Oishi stared at the school building in front of him. Initially, he had been quite looking forward to his new school. He should have guessed something was not right when a sense of impending doom had befallen him upon waking up that morning. When his mom handed him his new uniform, he almost fell out of his chair in shock.

'Hyoutei Gakuen... how ironic.' Oishi couldn't help but mused at the mere thought.

Inwardly, he could not help but feel a little nervous and worried. It was not because of the sudden change of environment, that sort of factor had never been an issue for him. Instead, he was more worried about how his previous rivals would think or act towards him now that he was going to be in the same school with them. After all, Seigaku did crush Hyoutei badly in the Kantou tournament. 'No doubt, there will be another face off with Seigaku in the Nationals.' Oishi sighed.

Taking a deep breath, Oishi stepped into his new school with determination. He was heading towards the school administration office to collect his timetable when he crashed head on with someone. Picking himself up from the ground quickly, he hurried over to help the other person up; only to realize he had crashed head on with the resident redhead of the Hyoutei team, Gakuto Mukahi.

Words of apology died on his lips as the other boy finally registered his identity and let out a shrill exclamation.

"You... Seigaku..." Gakuto started, stumped on what to say as the redhead was equally surprised. Finally, he blurted out, "What are you doing here?"

Oishi fumbled for a while, uncomfortable with the glare Gakuto was giving him. "Erm... well, I transferred?" he replied hesitantly.

Gakuto was about to say more when Oshitari Yuushi appeared. He took an amused look at the ex Seigaku fukubuchou in Hyoutei garb and smirked. "Aa... so you're here eh?"

"Huh?" Oishi was bewildered, he have no idea what Oshitari was talking about. He was about to ask for clarification but Gakuto have beaten him to it.

"Yuushi, what exactly do you mean by that?" Gakuto's shrill voice caused them both Oishi and the tensai to wince slightly.

"Mukahi, calm down. I only knew he was transferring to a different school, but I had no idea that he was going to transfer here." Oshitari explained patiently as if he was talking to a five year old.

"Just how would you know about something like that?" Gakuto asked, before shaking his head "No, wait... I don't want to know anymore. I bet Fuji told you." The last bit had come out bitterly.

Oishi kept his comments to himself, though he had to admit that he was curious. He have no idea that Fuji had been talking with Oshitari, 'well... it's the only logical reason, otherwise how else would Oshitari managed to know I was transferring schools?

He was drawn back into reality when Gakuto's voice interrupted his trains of thoughts.

"Oi, are you coming or are you not?"

Oishi blinked. "Eh? You're talking to me?" he asked, pointing to himself.

Gakuto rolled his eyes at Oishi's actions, "Is there anyone else besides you?" he asked sarcastically.

"Oh..." Oishi echoed and followed Gakuto's lead dumbly.

After a moment of tensed silence, Oshitari left them and went into the gents; leaving the two to walk over to the administration office themselves.

"I assume you will join our tennis club then." Gakuto stated, an eye briefly flicking over to Oishi to see the latter's reaction.

"Yeah... that's for sure." Oishi responded, a frown marring his features.

"Well...I suppose Atobe will arrange it." Gakuto said, not caring if Oishi understood the underlying message.

Arriving at the office, Oishi was about to knock on the door seeking permission to enter when Gakuto merely pushed the door opened and stepped into it as if he owned the place.

Turning to Oishi, he grabbed Oishi's hand and dragged the latter in. Ignoring Oishi's muffled protests, he turned towards one of the clerk and said in a tone of superiority.

"We are here for his schedule." Gakuto stated, gesturing to Oishi.

The clerk took one look at Gakuto then at Oishi before asking, "I would need his name."

"Oishi Syuichirou, previously studying in Seishun Gakuen." Gakuto replied for Oishi, shocking the latter.

When they left the office, Oishi was looking at Gakuto strangely. Feeling self-conscious, Gakuto snapped.

"What are you looking at?"

Oishi blushed an interesting shade of red, "No... Nothing, I'm just surprised that you knew my name."

Gakuto snorted, and eyed Oishi as if the latter was stupid. "Who wouldn't know your name? After all, you and that idiot Kikumaru were Seigaku's golden pair. How could we not know your name?"

"Oh..." Oishi made a knowing sound, before studying his schedule. He was wondering which way to head for his class when he felt someone snatching the schedule from his hands. Turning around, he found Gakuto eyeing the schedule incredulously.

"Is something wrong?" Oishi started hesitantly.

Gakuto looked at him then back at the schedule, before shrugging. "Nothing's wrong, come with me. I'll bring you to your class, just my luck to be in the same class as you." The last part of the sentence had been muffled, but Oishi still heard it.

Pretending to be oblivious to that remark, Oishi followed Gakuto to their classroom without uttering another word.


~to be continued~

date started: 06/06/05

date completed: 06/06/05