Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Trapped ❯ A Pillow-fight and a Budding Relationship. ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Trapped
 
By. Enzeru
 
Disclaimer. Everyone here knows how much I don't own POT, right?…oh and I don't own Katzutaka Muraki.
 
An. Beta edited by Trumpet-Geek… Thank you so much.
 
 
 
Chapter Two: A Pillow-fight and a Budding Relationship.
 
 
 
 
Ryoma's game was slightly off today. He missed shots that, although they were complicated, should have been easy for him. This game was the longest so far, but he won in the end, seven games to five. As he went to meet his family, his father started ranting about how he would have beaten that opponent in five minutes due to his crappy playing style, and how Ryoma was so un-cute when he was scowling at him like he currently was. Ryoma ignored him as his mother congratulated him and told him that she and Nanjiroh were going away during the day to visit some old friends.
 
Ryoga and Kevin had noticed that Ryoma seemed a little off and they commented on that as soon as the parents were gone and they where back in the penthouse.
 
“Ryoma, what's wrong?” Kevin looked at Ryoma as Ryoga brought them some steaming tea.
 
“Nothing's wrong with me,” he said and took his cup. Ryoga scowled.
 
“Oh, yes, there is. If you were all right, you would have beaten that useless guy in half the time it took you. Now tell us what's going on with you.” Ryoma just stayed quiet and sipped his tea.
 
“Oh, come on! Is there something bothering you? Or, perhaps, someone?” At this Ryoma's eyes widened a fraction of a millimeter, but enough for the others' sharp eyes to notice. Ryoga's eyes narrowed and he glanced levelly at Ryoma.
 
“What happened? Who has done something to you?” Ryoma sighed. He felt so stupid. Maybe he was just getting upset over nothing. All the man had done was shake his hand, after all.
 
“It's really nothing. I'm just over reacting, that's all,” Ryoma attempted to placate his older brother.
 
“Well, maybe and maybe not. I would still feel better if you told us about it,” Kevin said.
 
“Oh, all right, but if you dare laugh at me I swear I will force you both to swallow your tennis rackets. Whole.” Ryoga and Kevin sweat-dropped because of the serious tone of Ryoma's voice and nodded carefully. As Ryoma told them of the silver-haired man and how his actions made Ryoma feel uneasy, they both frowned. When Ryoma stopped they just sat there, not saying anything and definitely not laughing. Ryoga looked seriously angry and told Ryoma firmly;
 
“If you ever see that man again, you'll tell us, okay? You never know with people nowadays. And from now on either I or Kevin will follow you to practice so that you won't be alone there.” Ryoma wanted to refuse, but that man really shook him. This was something he never felt before. He never got intimidated by anyone, so why now?
 
Ryoga, who was a little older, saw this as serious; he knew well enough that there were people out there who used young kids and teenagers for things he didn't even want to think about. But as Ryoma said, it could be that they where overreacting; so for now he or Kevin would accompany him to practice so that they could feel more at ease. After all this was agreed, Ryoma went to change clothes and take a nap, as he was very tired.
 
However, Kevin and Ryoga sat in the living room talking.
 
“What do you think, Ryoga? Is there a possibility that that man was… You know… Thinking of Ryoma like that?” Ryoga raised an eyebrow at him; this boy was more mature than he gave him credit for. Right now he looked so serious it was hard to think of him as a twelve-year-old.
 
“We can't know for sure. I mean, we weren't there and he might just have been a scary-looking person in general,” Ryoga replied.
 
“Yeah, but you know Ryoma doesn't let people intimidate him. Have you ever seen him afraid of anything?” Ryoga shook his head.
 
“No, I haven't seen him at all as much as I would have wanted, but from what I remember and what I have heard, he doesn't let anyone get to him. That's what worries me about this. If Ryoma feels intimidated by someone, then something really has to be wrong. Well, there's nothing we can do about that at the moment. Let's just follow him to practice so he won't be alone.” Kevin nodded. The two sat in silence for a while until Kevin broke the silence.
 
“So, you ever beaten Ryoma at tennis?” Ryoga shot a glare at the blonde.
 
“I've only played him once and lost. I bet I could win against him now, though. He doesn't seem too tough.” He smirked and puffed his chest as if to look big and strong. Kevin huffed.
 
“Yeah right, you couldn't even beat him in the arcade. I don't even think you could even beat me if you tried. I'm only a step behind Ryoma and will soon surpass him,“ the two boys glared at each other, a spark of challenge in their eyes.
 
“Why don't we try and find out if that is true, then? You and me, a one set match, tonight after dinner?” Kevin eagerly agreed.
 
“All right, you're on. Prepare to be humiliated, loser,” Kevin taunted.
 
“Loser? You little bra-” Ryoga didn't have time to finish as a pillow hit him in the face. He looked up in shock at Kevin, who ran away from the couch with a pillow in his hands. Ryoga smirked and grabbed a fluffy weapon of his own, following the blonde boy. They ran around the place, in and out of various rooms, laughing and having a great time.
 
XxXxXxXxXxXxXxX
 
Ryoma heard the ruckus but stayed in his bedroom. He let those two have their own fun as he opened the laptop his parents had brought for him. He wanted to check his e-mail and see if his friends had sent him anything.
 
He logged on and was surprised to see that there was one new mail in his inbox and three in the bulk. He opened the inbox and saw it was from Momo-senpai, but it had small letters from the others to.
 
 
Yo, Echizen!
So, how's everything going over there?
You winning a lot?
We are doing well in the nationals; I think we might win this thing, hehe.
I mean, we really can't lose, no we can`t.
But, I wish you could have been here. It's such a great feeling to be here, but I understand that the US Open is bigger and more important to you. If I where you, I would have gone, too.
Come back soon, okay? Make sure you bring a trophy with you.
It's your turn to buy the burgers, you know.
 
Momo-chan.
 
`Hmm? That Momo, always thinking of food,' Ryoma thought as he went on to the next message.
 
Echizen.
 
If you don't win, it will be 100 laps when you come back. Yudan seizu ni ikou.
 
Tezuka
 
Ryoma gulped at the thought, but also knew that, as a man of few words, this was his captain's way of saying good luck.
 
Ochibi-chan! Hoi hoi!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you won yet, nyah?
No?
Then do that soon.
I want you to come back, nyah! I miss you!
Well, good luck, and if you play against any acrobatic players tell me all about it when you get home, ne?
 
Good luck, Eiji
 
Ryoma smiled. Even if he never said it, he liked the energetic boy, but he could live without all those bone-crushing hugs.
 
Hello, Echizen.
 
I hope you are doing well and not over-exerting yourself in America.
Don't let the pressure of being in such a big tournament get to you.
You need to take care of yourself properly. Are you eating enough?
Eat healthy food and drink lots of fluids, or you might get sick.
 
I wish you the best of luck,
 
Syuichiroh Oishi
 
If I didn't already have a mother, Oishi-senpai could most definitely fill that role.
 
Dear Echizen Ryoma;
 
I hope you don't forget to drink your milk every day.
I would hate for you to come home no taller than before you left.
I could always make a drink for you that could help get you taller better than milk and send it to you, if you wish.
Just let me know.
 
I hope you win this thing and we will do our best to do the same here.
 
Inui
 
Ryoma's face took on a slight green hue as he threw up in his head. He hastily scrolled down to the next one.
 
Echizen.
 
I'm only writing this because they won't leave me alone otherwise.
So, I guess I should say good luck, then.
But know this, if you loose that thing and come back looking depressed, I will hit you. Hard. So there.
Kaidoh
 
Ryoma sweat-dropped. Okay, that was interesting. He figured he'd better win, then. He wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of Kaidoh's temper.
 
Hello Echizen!
I just wanted to say that I hope you are doing well, and I hope you will come back here soon.
I promise we will celebrate your homecoming at Dad's sushi restaurant.
Good luck, and we'll see you soon!
 
Kawamura Takashi
 
Taka-san was always so caring and nice. Ryoma wondered how an e-mail would sound from him if he held a racquet. The computer would probably not last long once Taka-san went into burning mode.
 
Hi Ryoma-chan! ^^
 
I hope all's well with you, and that you are sweeping the courts with your opponents.
Knowing you, several people have already cried of humiliation. Hehe.
I have bought a gift for you, but you won't get it if you don't win!
Well, keep showing the world what you're made of and come home glowing from your victory.
I'll be thinking of you.
Good luck and hurry back. We all miss you here.
 
Fuji Syusuke
 
Knowing who it is that has written that e-mail made Ryoma afraid to think of what the gift could be. Shaking his head, he went on to the next message.
 
Echizen;
 
I only have one thing to tell you; if you dare lose to any mediocre players and come back with your tail between your legs, Ore-sama will never grace you with his melodic voice again.
Atobe Keigo-sama
 
That guy has a serious crush on himself. Ryoma thought that if he could, he would marry himself. He went on to read Momo's finishing lines.
 
Well, anyway, good luck and we hope you come home soon.
And don't worry about Atobe's note, he just gave us a note one day during the nationals and told us to include it in our next letter to you.
 
Well, bye now Echizen. Ja ne.
 
Ryoma was happy to hear from his friends and wondered why Atobe would send him a note. He missed them dearly, but he would never admit to that, of course. He closed the laptop and noticed that the noise his friend and brother were making was still loud, but he didn't mind. He was tired enough to sleep through an earthquake. He needed rest. He had a dinner and then a meeting with his sponsor after that. His sponsor and he were going to look at some clothes that were new to his company and try to see if some of them could be worn.
 
XxXxXxXxXxXxX
 
Outside in another room, Kevin and Ryoga were having a fierce battle in which the pillows ripped open and the boys laughed their asses off as Ryoga collapsed on top of Kevin. There they lay panting and as they began to relax, they started to notice the position they where in. Ryoga rose to look down on Kevin, smiling.
 
“Heh, I won” he smirked, and as Kevin was about to protest, Ryoga crushed his lips to the younger man. Kevin was shocked, to say the least, but not displeased. Ryoga kissed him carefully and traced his tongue over Kevin's lips. Kevin opened his lips to allow Ryoga entrance. They explored each other's mouths for a while and soon they broke apart, blushing and panting for air. Ryoga stood and helped Kevin do the same. Neither of them spoke and Ryoga excused himself to go to the bathroom, leaving Kevin to his thoughts.
 
Now, Kevin was not as naïve as Ryoma, but this situation was confusing. Why had it happened? What was this feeling that been had stirred inside of him when it happened? He didn't know; all he knew was that he wanted to feel it again. It was nice and to be in that situation made him feel happy in a way he'd never felt before.
 
Ryoga was not feeling any better. He sat down on the side of the huge tub and touched his lips, thinking. Why on earth had he done that? Kevin was his little brother's friend. He was twelve, for God's sake. But something about him seemed more mature than a normal twelve-year-old. Well, nowadays it was more common for teens to indulge in relationships of a more serious sort. But still, he had to admit that he was very fond of Kevin, even though he had only known him for little more than a day. But that was not anything unusual. Most people started their romance on the first day they met, so it was not so strange; but it was all coming down to Kevin's age. Ryoga had to take it very easy with this and see how Kevin felt about this.
 
Well, now was not the time for this, anyway. They needed to get ready for dinner and still have time to wake Ryoma up. That was not always an easy task, or so he had heard.
 
XxXxXxXxXxXxX
 
When Ryoma woke up after twenty minutes of trying to get Ryoga and Kevin to disappear, he took a shower and then got dressed. Karupin was lying on a chair in the living room, watching her boy's friends and the looks they were giving each other. She could sense that there was something different with them and wondered if they belonged to each other now. Their scents where mingled to a certain degree. She flipped her tail and meowed, as if to show her approval in finding a strong match to them both. Kevin stroked Karupin and she soon fell asleep. The door opened not long after and in came the elder Echizen's.
 
 
They all went to a restaurant and as they sat there Nanjiroh could see the glances exchanged between his eldest and the young blonde. As he caught Ryoga's eyes, he gave the boy a look that clearly said to be careful. Ryoga just nodded slightly and smiled disarmingly.
 
As it neared seven, Ryoma had to be driven to Mr. Thomson's office for their meeting. He went alone in a company-supplied limo.
 
“Well, I have to leave now, but I'll see you all in an hour or so. And by the way, congratulations you two. You look good together.” Ryoma said with a smirk as he stepped out the door leaving two extremely flushed boys behind. Well, even Nanjiroh looked shocked. Wasn't Ryoma usually the most dense person to walk this planet if it didn't have anything to do with tennis? Only Rinko seemed to take it with ease. One could only guess that was what was called motherly instinct.
 
 
TBC…
XxX POT XxX POT XxX
 
An. Thank you so much for the reviews I love them.
 
I forgot to say it in the last chapter that I have borrowed Katzutaka Muraki from the fantastic Manga Yami no matsuei. Many of you who reviewed saw that right away, and I so agree he is a fabulous villain and I love him.
Nothing but him and his work as a doctor will appear here so it's not a crossover.
Okay Oriya will have a very teeny tiny role to.
 
I don't like OC's generally so I try not to create my own instead I borrow characters from other series.
The only OC's I can do are minor characters who play a less important role so Mr. Thomson is my own creation.
 
And as of next chapter the angst will begin.
 
Well I hope you liked.
 
See you next chapter.
 
Ja mata ne.
 
Enzeru