Psych Fan Fiction ❯ One Flew into the Cuckoo's Nest ❯ Psycho ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Psych or Psycho or anything else.
A response to the "Psycho" challenge.
The power cord to my laptop melted and I'm not getting a new one until next week. Since all the outlines and notes for my other stories are on that computer, I bring you this fic, written on my brother's computer. Enjoy.
I'm one of those strange people that's actually seen Psycho. Therefore, I'm here to tell you that it actually takes place in my home state of Arizona. I hope that helps you to understand the flashback.
 
Santa Barbara, 1987
 
Shawn watched in horror as the scene unfolded before him. The blonde woman was backlit with light leaking through the motel shower curtain behind her. She was pleasantly oblivious to the approaching danger, but he knew better. His rapid heartbeat mingled for a moment with the sound of running water. Suddenly, but not altogether unexpectedly, a large shadow blocked the light and pulled back the curtain. He and the woman screamed in unison. As the chocolate syrup blood trickled lazily down the drain, Shawn decided that he was never, ever going to Arizona.
 
Santa Barbara, 2008
 
It was a strange image from the cameras that lured Ralph Edgecumbe from his seat in the security room. One of the many small television screens lined up on the wall had shown a woman dressed in white wandering through the empty halls. When the figure disappeared from the screen and failed to reappear on another, the security officer decided to go searching for her.
 
As he walked throughout the facility, the cameras kept running. Eventually, he made his way up a set of stairs. The distant screams of the more disturbed residents distracted him for a moment. It was then that the figure of a woman, clad in white, emerged from a nearby doorway with a knife held high above her head. With a sudden burst of speed, she pounced.
 
The knife flashed red in the dim lighting as it plunged in and out of his chest. His screams and gurgling gasps were lost in the symphony of maddened cries. Throughout it all, a camera was steadily rolling in the corner.
 
Review?