Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Saotome Men ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 3

Almost 5 years have past since the last World Tournament. Genma announced that after this tournament was over, they would be leaving America to head back to Japan. During those five years, they climbed mountains, fought in local street fighting contests, and did what ever else they could find along the way.

They also visited any historical site they could think to visit along the way. Ranma thought back to before his father started of their trip and recalled wishing he could go visit the all places they were currently getting to see. Now that he was, he decided it was the most boring thing he could be doing. He'd rather find some more fights to participate in

Later, the trio walked down a forgettable street in a town Ranma wish he could have skipped. It was as boring as could be, lacking in any real fighter at all. It was during his mental put down of the town that he noticed a boy walking towards them. Oddly, this boy's hair was completely shaven into a buzz cut style. The odd scene wasn't helped by the fact that this kid was carrying a wooden sword in one hand and a book of poetry in the other. The poor kid must be studying it for school, though with that sword in his hand, Ranma decided he must be a fighter. The kid kept on walking towards them and with his attention stuck to the book, he ran right into Ranko.

"Who dares step in the way of Takewaki Kuno!..." his eyes meet with Ranko's and he fell silent. 'A goddess.... Perhaps my coming to America for a vacation was for this meeting...'

His brain stopped working and he could only stand there starring.

"What a pervert." Noticing that the boy was out of it, the group walked on.

"If I ever see that guy again, I think I'll be sick" Ranko stated as everyone else shook their heads in agreement. "What did he say his name was?"

"I'm not sure, something about teriyaki sumo. Why, you like him Ranko?.." Ranma teased. At Ranma's comment, Ranko began to fume.

"I just wanted to know so I could look him up and kill him later for running into me like that!"

"What ever..."

"Look Ranma, it's a tour guide! Maybe we can get him to show us around."

"Sounds good Ranko, but this guy looks a bit Chinese."

"Hmmm... Your right. " The kids began to sized up the odd fellow in front of them. He was dressed in a brown suit. He held a large sign that stated in Japanese, 'Tour Guide to the World."

"Hey, we were wondering if you'd be willing to show us around this town?"

"Ah, yes. I show you around for 200 zenny."

"Thank goodness we got that prize money. Otherwise we'd only have yen to pay with."

The guide promptly began to show them all the wonders of the town and even though there weren't that many, the guide made each seem very special.

"Here sirs, we come to famous Chinese 'Cursed Gift Shop.' Very tragic legend of merchant who receive truck load of cursed item 1200 year ago."

"Why's it in America if it's Chinese?"

"Not sure. Perhaps driver was lost." The guide paused to try and remember the name of the driver. 'I think it was something Hibiki...'

"Let's go inside pop. Maybe we can find something for mom."

"Sirs, very bad you go in store." The guides cautions fell on deaf ears as they entered the shop. "Maybe I need new job. Perhaps something in China where I could see my family every day."

Inside, the store smelled like old books and a few odors no one could figure out. Ranma wasn't sure, but he was certain the floor was a bit wet as his feet kept making a slight squishing sound. He looked around, but nothing caught his eyes as being worth his money.

Ranko on the other hand quickly spotted a pair of mirrors.

"I've found something I want to buy. Hello? Is anyone here?" Her called brought out a creepy looking American. His skin was a pale white and he was dressed in a tux that was a bit small for a man of his height.

"Ahhh I see you found my Nan-ban mirror set. Those mirrors contain a powerful magic,. The triggers for each of the mirrors are different. Long time ago, a young goddess saw good people suffering because of simple errors in their lives. She thought it was unfair to let the suffering continue so she forged the twelve magic mirrors of emotions. Six of these are activated by the tears of the users. The other six are activated by the joy of the user along with a strong desire. Unfortunately, I am unaware as to which those mirrors are."

"Wow! I'll take both. How much?"

"Sorry, a person can only own on of those mirrors."

"Hey Ranma, would you buy the other one?"

"Sure." He didn't really care since his dad was paying for anything they found.

"Very well. Your total comes to five thousand zenny each."

"What! That's high way robbery." Genma was clearly a bit mad that such old looking mirrors would cost so much.

"Trust me when I say that those mirrors are worth ten times more then this, however I'll lower the price to... two thousand a piece." Genma still shook his head defiantly. "Fine, one thousand for both." 'if can just sell on thing, I can end my curse.'

"Sold!"

"I must tell you one other thing about those mirrors. Should one be the sadness mirror, the way to return is simple. Allow another tear to fall on the surface and wish to return home. However, if you have the joy mirror, you must have a feeling of contentment in what you have seen or determined to right a seen wrong to return to your own time."

The group bowed and left the still slightly angry clerk alone with his wears. As they walked out of the store, Genma thought he heard the clerk saying something about karma would catch up to him one day and make him sorry. Genma quickly realized he'd left his shoes inside and was about to go back in when he noticed the store wasn't there anymore.

'Odd... I've never heard of a store that could wonder off...' After a quick stop to a local shoe store, the group got back on track.

"Hey pop, where'd the guide go?"

"Guide? I don't recall any guide..."

"You don't remember that Chinese guy?"

"Now that you mention it.... No. I wasn't really paying attention." Genma's attention shifted left as he spotted a perfect place to camp. "Let's set up the tents here."

"Pop, that's where that cursed gift shop was."

"Cursed?"

"Yes, the guide told us before we went in."

"That's right..."

"You remember the guide yet?"

"... Nope." Ranma face vaulted. "Pop, for a martial artist, you can be kind of clueless sometimes."

"What did you just say?" Genma's face showed he wasn't really listening.

"Never mind pop. Let's just set up the tents..."

They all said good night and turned in. Ranma laid down quietly in his tent and began to think once more about the trip he was still on.

'From street fighting to professional tournaments, I've fought and won them all. In a good deal of those fights, I felt the need to hold back for the safety of the other fighters. I wish I knew where all this is going to lead me to when I'm older.' The mirror he had sensed his emotions and began to glow. Soon, a flash of light filled his tent and his mind was flooded with images.


(Thank you for reading this chapter. I'm probably going to release one more chapter after this to show what Ranma saw during his experience with the mirror. After that, I'm going to publish a sequel based of this story titled "Musabetsu Kakuto Ryu". Have a great day.

PS: Sorry I've made Genma so clueless at the end of this. I just needed a laugh.)