Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Youkai in Furinkan?! ❯ New Moon Dilemma ^-_-^ ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part IV: New Moon Dilemma ^-_-^

Inu-Yasha cursed his rotten luck.

After coming to pick Kagome up, he'd found out from her little brother that she had no 'test'. No… Kagome had skipped town to go on 'vacation'. VACATION! A vacation while Naraku was causing god-knows-what trouble and there were still Shikon shards to find! What was the stupid wench thinking?! And no… She can't go on vacation anywhere nearby where he can easily get to her and drag her back. No… She had to go out to a town he had never heard of to visit an old friend. If it hadn't been for Kagome's little brother he'd be searching all of Japan for her now. At least the kid and told him what to do. He showed the 'train' station that Kagome had taken and pointed out the 'train' she'd taken to get to the town. Inu-Yasha had ridden the stupid thing to get to the damn town, digging his claws into its metal back so he wouldn't go flying off.

And then, just as he got to the town, the sun set… and his powers faded.

Inu-Yasha cursed his luck, his bad timing and Kagome.

Now he had to wander all over the god-forsaken town looking for one girl without being able to sniff her out. Kami, how he hated his human form. He wished he could be rid of the damn nuisance. The only good thing about it was now he wouldn't draw too much attention.

Inu-Yasha growled, frustrated. Not like anyone was wandering the streets of this town so late at night!! His best bet was to ask a local about Kagome, and there wasn't a damn one in sight! What was the damn point of his human form?!

It was then that Inu-Yasha heard the footsteps. He looked up and saw a boy walking on the wall next to him. Inu-Yasha smirked. Looked like his luck was changing. Now he could ask a local about Kagome… Inu-Yasha jumped up and landed in the guy's path. Too late, he realized he should have probably been polite. Well, he was pissed, in a very bad mood, and itching to break something. He was allowed.

"Oi, koitsu," Inu-Yasha said, sizing up the guy before him. A pigtail and Chinese clothing…even the shoes? Kami, humans in this time had no taste in clothes. What is with that outfit?

"Excuse me?" the guy said back with an attitude. Oh boy. Inu-Yasha smirked. This guy was already getting on his nerves. He could practically smell the smartaleck comment that was coming up. And right now his sense of smell sucked. "And what's with the samurai get up? That sword just for show?"

Samurai? Those stupid humans that go around making wars? He shouldn't have said that. "You shouldn't talk China-boy. What did you do? Just swim from opium country? Or can't you afford any real Japanese clothes?"

The guy's eyes narrowed. "Nani…?"

Inu-Yasha grinned. He didn't care if he was riling the guy up or not, or if he was supposed to find Kagome anytime soon. He was pissed and he was aching for a good fight. He needed to pound something before he found Kagome again. Inu-Yasha cracked his knuckles. "Doshita, Pigtails? Or do you just want to get pounded?"

The guy snapped. Inu-Yasha could see it in his eyes. Oh, did he pick good or what? A hothead. Just the kind of guy he felt like fighting right now. Someone he could pound. But the stance the guy got into had Inu-Yasha lifting his eyebrows. Oh? This guy was actually a fighter? And by his stance, he looked to be good. Was he actually going to get a challenge? Oh yeah. He picked well.

Inu-Yasha grinned and got into a stance as well. "Come on, teme. Let's see what a stupid human like you can do, eh?"

Ranma cursed. He had just gotten out of a fight with Akane. He had just wanted to walk around and fume before he broke or killed something. And then, out of nowhere, this punk with long black hair and violet eyes in a red samurai get up-down to the sword and he had no shoes to boot-just comes along and picks a fight? Did the guy have a death wish?

But after the guy's smirk and his taunting and then the stance he gave, Ranma felt his blood heat and a grin twisting on his face. Oh, this guy wasn't just a punk. He was good. Ranma had been itching to break something and then this guy just came and offered his face. Well, at least he hoped it would be a challenge. It'd be no fun if the guy turned out to be a wimp.

He made the first attack, sending a roundhouse kick into the guy's face. The guy stopped the kick before it made contact by grabbing Ranma's leg, and tossed him into the wall on the other side of the street. Ranma winced as he pulled himself out of the concrete wall, pieces of it falling onto the floor. The guy had a surprised look on his face.

"Not bad, teme, for a human anyway," he said. "I'm surprised you can still stand after that one." He dropped down from the wall and faced Ranma again. "Let's see what else you got."

Ranma smirked and put his fists up. "I don't know what you mean with that 'human' crap of yours buddy, but I'll show you what this 'teme' can do. I never lose."

"You will tonight."

"Ugh! Damn him!" Akane fumed at the walls of her bedroom.

Kagome sighed. "You know Akane, it wasn't his fault. Just because Shampoo and Ukyo throw themselves at him, doesn't make him the culprit. Haven't you realized yet that your fiancée is a sucker for weepy girl? He's mush! All you, Shampoo or Ukyo have to do is put on a weepy face and he's all yours. He can't stand to see a girl cry. He's too nice for his own good."

"And that's what makes him a jerk! He finally tells Shampoo to buzz off when he and I are trying actually have a… serious… discussion and then she gets all teary eyed. And Ranma just gives in! That jerk!! Why does he always give in?!"

Kagome shook her head and grabbed Akane by the shoulders. That had been a real mistake on Ranma's part. And Akane had dug him into the concrete with her mallet for it. The argument that had resulted afterward had been very unpleasant. "Unfortunately, Akane, you were cursed with a fiancée that is too nice for his own good. He can't stand to see a girl cry whether he likes her or not. He won't hurt you or anyone else willingly. And you know it."

Akane's eyes became teary-eyed and her lip trembled. She sighed. "I know, Kagome. That's what makes me want to pound him even more! Because of that, he's making other girls fall in love with him too and where the hell does that leave me?!"

Kagome grinned at her friend. "As the fiancée that he actually accepts."

Akane blinked. Kagome shook her head. "Hadn't you noticed, Akane? Out of all of his supposed 'fiancée's the only one he's actually acknowledged is you. He calls you his fiancée. He doesn't say that with any of the others, now does he?"

Akane sniffed. "No…"

"Then…?"

"Sorry to interrupt the girl talk about boys, but you two better come see this," a new voice said from the door.

Akane and Kagome turned to see Nabiki grinning at them. "Akane, your fiancée is picking a fight. Obviously, he was little upset after your last encounter so he looked for someone to pound on."

Akane shrugged. "So what? He's always fighting someone. What's different this time, Nabiki?"

Nabiki smirked. "He's fighting someone new that's actually giving him some trouble. I'm making a hefty profit with bets."

Both Akane and Kagome looked up in surprise. Akane stepped toward her sister. "Are you serious? He picked a fight with someone off the streets and this guy is actually giving him some trouble?"

Nabiki nodded. "Oh yeah. They've gathered a heck of a crowd. I think all the wackos are here except for Ryoga and Happousai. They should be around soon, though. If I know them, the old man is probably stealing underwear and Ryoga is probably looking for the place where Ranma's fighting and somehow ended up in Hokkaido."

Kagome blinked, a strange suspicion crawling into her heart. "Nabiki, what does this guy Ranma's fighting look like?"

Nabiki grinned. "Oh, I thought you'd never ask. Long black hair, painfully good-looking-I mean the guy is downright yummy-violet eyes, oh and get this. He's wearing a red samurai outfit. Down to the sword and no shoes. What is it with these weird outfits? Why can't guys nowadays wear normal clothes?" Nabiki shrugged. "Oh well. Are you coming or not? Want to place bets?"

Akane shook her head, her gaze on Kagome. "No, Nabiki. We'll be right out."

Nabiki nodded. "Oh, by the way, I say you get on the roof to watch. That's the safest place as far as I'm concerned. Who knows what moves they're going to pull out of their ass. Ja-ne!" Nabiki winked at them and closed the door.

Akane and Kagome met each other's eyes. Akane shook her head at Kagome. "It's not…"

Kagome nodded. "Red samurai outfit, no shoes, a sword he's not using, black hair and violet eyes. Ah, that's him."

"But didn't you say he has white hair, claws, gold eyes and doggy ears? And didn't you say he used his sword, Tetsuaiga, too?"

Kagome nodded. "Normally. But tonight's not normal."

"What do you mean?"

Kagome pointed to the window. "Tonight's the first night of the new moon. It's the time of the month that Inu-Yasha turns completely human… at least till dawn. Then he turns back to normal." Kagome headed for the door. "I say we head to the roof and watch."

Akane rushed up to her. "You don't want to make them stop?"

Kagome grinned sheepishly. "I hope you don't mind, Akane, but Inu-Yasha is probably pissed as hell at me right now and he's taking it out on Ranma. I'd like him to vent a bit before he turned his anger on me. Is that okay for me to use your fiancée as Inu-Yasha's punching bag?"

Akane waved it off. "Don't worry about it. That's what Ranma's there for. Besides, that punching bag punches back."

Kagome grinned at her friend and the two rushed up to the roof to watch the fight.

Inu-Yasha wiped his bloody lip with the back of his hand. This guy wasn't too bad at all. This was the first time a human had given him any kind of trouble before. Probably because he was human himself for the night. They'd even gathered a crowd. Inu-Yasha hadn't meant to do that. Gathering attention hadn't been his goal, he'd just wanted someone or something to beat up on before he found Kagome. Now this had turned into a spectacle.

Inu-Yasha grinned. He was having a great time.

Having darted in forward for another attack, Inu-Yasha's punches flew toward his opponent. The guy blocked them and tried to get a counter-attack off with his own punches and kicks, but Inu-Yasha successfully blocked many of them. His opponent did, however, land a strong kick onto Inu-Yasha's flank, and his adversary flinched as Inu-Yasha landed an uppercut that hit the jaw. He smirked and jumped back.

Ranma cursed and grinned, flicking the blood away from his lip. He couldn't believe this! This was the first fight in a long time that he was actually having trouble in! And he hadn't even used his any of his special attacks yet. Maybe he should just see what this guy was made of. Time to go all out. They had a crowd now, and if Ranma knew Nabiki, she was probably running the bets. And he knew somewhere in the crowd Akane was watching too. He wouldn't lose.

"What are you waiting for?" the longhaired guy said tauntingly.

Ranma smirked. Oh, you're going to get it now. "Time to get serious."

The guy lifted an eyebrow. "It's about damn time."

Ranma leaped high into the air, staring intently down upon the samurai-boy. The guy grinned and jumped up, meeting Ranma in the air.

"CHESTNUTS-ROASTING-ON-AN-OPEN-FIRE!!" [Jack Frost nipping at your nose… ^_^ Sorry, I always wanted to do that. And for hardcore Japanese fans…] "KACHYU TENSHIN AMAGURI KEN!"

Ranma bombarded his opponent with his flying fists, knowing damage was being dealt. The two landed back on the ground, but Ranma's fists still pounded on his adversary. Samurai-boy skidded back from the force of Ranma's blows, even though many were blocked…

Inu-Yasha tried desperately to block that walnut attack but found himself at the mercy of this pigtailed boy until it stopped. He found himself being battered by what seemed like hundreds of fists slamming into him one after another. Then, suddenly, Inu-Yasha saw a fleeting opening. Without hesitation, he grabbed Ranma's left arm and blocked his right. Inu-Yasha grinned maniacally and head-butted Ranma.

Ranma stared at his contender in disbelief. The guy was bent forward, breathing hard, his head bloody, but he was smirking too. His forearms were crossed in front of him. There was a hush in the crowd. No way! He countered the Kachyu Tenshin Amaguri Ken?! Ranma thought as he straightened. He lifted his hand to his forehead and felt the blood on his head. He cursed. What kind of counter was that?! Ranma grinned, this fight had suddenly gotten a lot more interesting.

This guy is damn good. Inu-Yasha thought as he faced the boy. That attack had been faster than he thought a human could do! He grinned. This wasn't an ordinary human. Inu-Yasha cracked his neck and straightened, lowering his arms. "Not bad, pigtails. But can you do better? Let's see what else you got."

Inu-Yasha knew that it was risky, taunting the kid, and not knowing what he might pull next. If it hadn't been for his fire-rat's fur, who knew what kind of damage that last attack could have dealt. He had to move faster. This kid was quick and strong. Inu-Yasha knew he relied too much on his powers as a hanyou, not training enough to become stronger and faster when he was in human form… After all, he was only human once a month. If this little battle was doing anything for him, it was showing him that he had to train even when he was human. How else was he going to protect Kagome?

Inu-Yasha smirked. It didn't really matter what else the guy would do. Though Inu-Yasha had no 'special' attacks when he was human, he still fought dirty. In the end, even with Tetsuaiga at his hip, he was still a fist fighter. The brat was going down.

"This is a hell of a fight, isn't it, Shampoo! I've never seen anyone counter Saotome's Chestnuts attack!"

"Shampoo know Ranma won't lose! Ranma beat Shampoo! Ranma always win!"

"My son-in-law does seem to be having a rough time of it though. That other boy is quite skilled… for having no technique but brute force and speed."

"Okonomiyaki! Get your okonomiyaki! Ranma honey, if you beat him, I've got a free okonomiyaki for you!"

"It seems Saotome is having some difficulties. If it were I, Tatewaki Kuno, the Blue Thunder of Furinkan High, I would have defeated the infidel with my bokken by now!"

"Brother dear, don't flatter yourself. That longhaired boy seems to actually have a real sword. Ranma darling! I'll have your favorite foods ready for you once you win! Oh ho ho ho ho ho!"

"All right people! The second round is starting! Place your bets now. How much for you and who do you place your winnings on? Come on people this is a one shot opportunity! Bet now!"

"Oh my. Ranma is having a bit of trouble, isn't he? I wonder who that other boy is?"

"Ranma! What are you doing, boy?! Why haven't you beaten that ruffian yet?! I'm ashamed to call you my son!"

"Ranma~! How dare you disgrace the Anything Goes School of Martial Arts like this~?! T-T What will become of Akane if you lose? You must win, Ranma~!"

Ranma's eye ticked. "You guys are acting as if I already lost!" He cracked his knuckles as he turned to face Inu-Yasha again. "This fight's only just begun."

"It seems you're pretty popular, teme. Too bad you're going down now."

Oh, that's it. He'd had it. Time for his best technique. Ranma smirked. "I wouldn't talk so big if I were you, samurai-boy."

"What do you think?" Akane said to Kagome.

Kagome hummed in thought for a moment. "We should let them do another round of attacks, see if they do something neat and then call it off."

Akane shook her head. "Just so you're warned, knowing Ranma, he'll probably be doing the Hirryu-Shouten-Ha next. That's a nasty one. You sure, Inu-Yasha will be able to withstand against it?"

"If he can withstand youkai spider poison and being in the stomach of a giant man-eating hermit, he'll be able to stand something called the Hirryu-Shouten-Ha."

"I meant in his human form, Kagome."

"I was talking about his human form."

"Oh. Nevermind then."