Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Youkai in Furinkan?! ❯ End of the Vacation T-T & a Promise \\// ^_^ \\// ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part XV: End of the Vacation T-T & a Promise \\// ^_^ \\//

"Chikusho…"

"What are you complaining about now, Ranma?" Akane said to him as they walked home from doing groceries.

"I didn't get the chance to have my rematch with Inu-Yasha. Him and Kagome are leaving today and I don't know when's the next time I'll see him again."

Akane grinned. "Guess you really made a good friend out of Inu-Yasha. Either way, after what you two did to Furinkan High with the Hirryu-Shouten-Ha and the Kaze no Kizu, I don't think anyone in town would agree to having you two fight here."

"I know… and that makes it even worse."

Akane sighed. "Pout all you like, it won't help." She fell silent as a smile spread across her face. "I'm going to miss Kagome and Inu-Yasha, too though. I've really had so much fun with them here these last two weeks."

"Yeah…"

"Though there were definitely scary moments…"

"Don't remind me, Akane! I don't want to think about that incident at all! Especially with what that perverted youkai was planning! Can we drop the subject?"

Akane giggled. She looked up at his still bandaged face. "You're going with me to walk them to the train station and see them off, right?"

"Of course!"

Akane smiled up at him and Ranma only turned bright red, turning his gaze away from hers. Akane felt all bubbly inside and only giggled. "Ranma…!"

He blinked as he saw her run in front of him with a grin. "You're just… wonderful!" she said before turning around and running in the direction of the dojo. His face flamed up as he stared after her.

"Akane…?" He shook his head and ran after her. "Oi, Akane! Wait up!"

Kagome sighed as she closed the last suitcase. "There! All done!" She turned and saw Inu-Yasha grumbling by the window. She put her hands on her hips. "Inu-Yasha!" He turned to her with a put out look. "What is wrong with you? I figured you'd be happy to go back! Don't you want to finish up Naraku and find the rest of the shards?"

"Ah… But I wanted to have one last fight with Ranma…"

"Osuwari."

B-TONNG.

"OI, KAGOME!! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!"

Kagome shook her head and crossed her arms over her chest as she looked down at him. "After what you two did to Furinkan High, you two are definitely not fighting in the city, period."

Inu-Yasha shot up. "Is this the thanks I get for saving you from that youkai and his sick intentions?! It's only one building!"

"And if you and Ranma get into an all out fight between the two of you, how many more buildings do you think will suffer?"

"…"

"Exactly. Too many! Now stop pouting and help me get my stuff downstairs. Once Akane and Ranma get back from grocery shopping we'll be going to the train station. We've got to say good-bye to the Tendo family before we go."

Inu-Yasha grumbled something under his breath.

Kagome lifted an eyebrow and turned to him. "What did you say?"

"Nan de mo-"

Kagome grabbed him by the ear and pulled him down toward her. "What did you say, Inu-Yasha?!"

"ACK!! Kagome don't do that!! Te-me! All I said that fighting Ranma wasn't the only reason I didn't want to go!"

She blinked and released him. After a beat, Kagome rolled her eyes and shook her head. "What other reason could you possibly have for staying here, when your priorities are Naraku and the Shikon no kakera?"

Inu-Yasha mumbled something else.

"Nani? I didn't hear you. And unless you want me to-"

"All right, already!" Inu-Yasha yelled at her. "If we go back we can't act like we've been acting here."

"Eh?"

Inu-Yasha turned to her and then pulled her into his arms, surprising Kagome. "I… can't hold you as much as I'd like…and I have to hide what I feel. Here I don't have to hide, because there's nothing to worry about. When we go back…"

"We have to deal with our problems all over again, huh?" Kagome murmured against his chest. She wrapped her arms around him. "I know how you feel, Inu-Yasha… We have to go back, but a part of me wishes we could just forget about everything, ne?"

"Ah…"

Silence…

"…Inu-Yasha?"

"Nani, Kagome?"

"C-Can we stay like this for a while? Just a little while longer?"

"Mm. I'd like that…"

"AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!"

"You got a problem, Pigtails?!"

Akane and Kagome rolled their eyes as Ranma doubled over from laughing so hard. Kagome had dressed (though with much effort) Inu-Yasha in one of Ranma's never used school uniforms (they pretty much have the same build). He had no shoes and a baseball cap (in order to hide his ears). Kagome refused to go on a public train with Inu-Yasha in his red samurai clothes, so she had hidden them along with Tetsuaiga in one of her suitcases. And if he didn't want to get 'sat' he would just have to deal with it.

Ranma thought it was hysterical and Inu-Yasha didn't like his laughter one bit. They were both outside in the yard having it out now. Ranma was having a bit of trouble avoiding Inu-Yasha's claws because he was laughing so hard, but he managed to evade mostly everything.

Inu-Yasha finally got the upper hand, grabbed Ranma and threw him head first into the small pond in the yard. Ranma came up sputtering, his red hair falling over his face. "Oi! Inu-Yasha!" he leapt out, dripping. "Why'd you do that?!"

"What are you going to do about it, on-na?!" Inu-Yasha said with a smirk.

"TE-ME~!!"

Akane rolled her eyes and got between them. "That's enough you two. We have to get to the train station now and I don't want either of you damaging my house. Ranma, you deserved it for teasing Inu-Yasha."

Ranma only grumbled. Kagome stood beside Akane. "Come on, you two. The train leaves in a couple of hours and we've got to get their early, ne?"

Both grumbled and headed back toward the house.

"Oi, Pigtails."

"What?"

"Are you going to stay looking like a woman?"

"It's too much of a hassle to always turn back whenever someone turns me into a chick. So I just deal with it until an opportunity comes to turn back into a guy."

"Turn back. It's really freaky to see you like that."

Ranma grinned. Maybe I did make a real friend out of this half youkai. "Does it bother you that much, Inu-Yasha?"

"Let's just say it doesn't do you justice."

Ranma clapped Inu-Yasha on the back. "That's good enough for me!" He turned and ran toward Akane. "Hey, Akane! Before we leave get me some hot water!"

Akane turned around and blinked at him. "Why bother?"

Ranma grinned and turned to Inu-Yasha. "Just call it pride, Akane."

"Why the hell are they all here?" Inu-Yasha grumbled. The train station was full of people and most, to Inu-Yasha's horror, he recognized as the weirdoes of the town. They had all come to say good-bye to him and Kagome? Why didn't he believe that for a single instant?

"Kagome honey, you've got to write and keep us updated on your demon-hunting thing. I'll send you some okonomiyaki if you ever want!" Ukyo said with a grin, slapping Kagome on the back.

Shampoo nodded. "You take Akane with you, yes?"

Akane gave Shampoo a pissed look, but Kagome shook her head. "Ii-Iie… I'm just going home with Inu-Yasha, that's all."

Shampoo shrugged. "Oh, well. Shampoo give you boxes of ramen!" Shampoo plopped down a duffel bag full of ramen boxes. "Inu-Yasha like, yes? Quick and fast!"

Inu-Yasha grinned. "I'll accept that."

Shampoo grinned back. "Next time you take Akane with you?"

Kagome and Inu-Yasha narrowed their eyes at her.

"Oh ho ho ho ho ho! It was definitely interesting with you two here. Pity you destroyed Ranma darling's school… But at least now, I can spend more time with him. Isn't that right, Ranma darling? Oh ho ho ho ho ho!!" Kodachi cackled.

Ranma paled as she tried to cling to him, but he moved out of the way, allowing Shampoo and Ukyo to keep her back.

"Ignore my twisted sister, my dear Kagome Higurashi. This city will be basked in darkness without your luminous presence, but I, Tatewaki Kuno, the Blue Thunder of Furinkan High, will hold you in my heart until your return." He abruptly took Akane's hand. "Only Akane Tendo and my pigtailed goddess will be able to ease my tortured heart."

Akane pulled her hands free while Kagome tried to calm Inu-Yasha down.

Kasumi smiled at Kagome and Inu-Yasha. "We will miss the both you. Things have so lively with the both of you here."

Tendo nodded. "Mm. Do say hello to your family for me, Kagome-chan."

Kagome smiled. "Hai, Tendo-san."

Genma, the panda, stood beside Tendo. He held up a sign that said, "Have a safe trip!" Kagome nodded and the panda flipped the sign. "Don't get into too much trouble Inu-Yasha! You're as bad as Ranma."

Inu-Yasha blinked. "Eh?" He rolled up his sleeves. "What was that?!"

Kagome put her hand in front of him. "Inu-Yasha! Mou!"

Mousse bowed before Kagome and Inu-Yasha. "Don't come back anytime soon, dog-demon."

Grandma Cologne bashed Mousse on the head and Shampoo tossed some water on him, turning him into a duck. Oba-ba turned to Inu-Yasha and Kagome. "Ignore him. He's a moron. Kagome-chan."

Kagome blinked and straightened. "H-hai, Cologne ba-san?"

"Be careful. I have sensed great danger for you, dear girl. Inu-Yasha, protect her and don't let others manipulate you. You have to protect Kagome-chan. Understand?"

Inu-Yasha rolled his eyes. "I know that already, ba-ba."

Cologne bashed him over the head and then flew away before he could attack. Kagome stopped Inu-Yasha from chasing after her.

"Kagome-chan…? Won't you leave me with any souvenirs?"

Kagome blinked and looked down to see Happousai coming at her. She let out a squeal before Inu-Yasha and Ranma sent the old man flying.

Nabiki shook her head and grinned. "That old man just doesn't give up, does he?" She winked at Kagome and Inu-Yasha. "Here. These are for the two of you. Memories of your time here." She handed them a packet of photos apiece. She smiled. "Free of charge, Kagome-chan."

Kagome smiled at Nabiki. "Arigato, Nabiki."

"No problem."

Akane smiled and stepped beside Kagome. "Well, your luggage is already on the train. I guess it's time for you to go…" The girls hugged each other. "Kagome… keep me updated and write a lot. Next time, I'll try to visit you, kay?"

Kagome nodded. "Ah. I'd like that, Akane."

Akane turned to Inu-Yasha. "You better take good care of Kagome, Inu-Yasha! Protect her and don't you break her heart, do you hear?!"

Inu-Yasha and Kagome turned bright red. "A-Akane…" Kagome murmured, but Akane just grinned.

"Someone's got to tell him, ne?"

Kagome only smiled back.

"Oi, Inu-Yasha."

Inu-Yasha turned to Ranma. "Nan da?"

Ranma held out his hand. "Next time we meet, we'll settle the score between us. Promise. Next time, we'll have it out."

Inu-Yasha grinned and took Ranma's hand. "Ah. It's a promise. Next time, teme, I rip you apart."

"You mean I'll blow you away."

Kagome rolled her eyes. "Sayonara, Ranma-kun. Thanks for everything and take care of Akane, ne?"

Ranma released Inu-Yasha's hand and nodded. "Ah. I will. Take care, Kagome."

Kagome nodded. She took Inu-Yasha's arm and led him to the train. Everyone watched them enter. And as the train began to leave, Kagome waved from her window.

"SAYONARA, MINNA! GENKI DE NE!!!"

"SAYONARA, KAGOME!" they all called back.

Inu-Yasha stuck his head out of the window. "OI, RANMA! DON'T FORGET! THE NEXT TIME WE MEET, WE'LL FINISH OUR FIGHT!!!"

Ranma grinned and waved at Inu-Yasha. "AH! IT'S A PROMISE!!!"

Kagome smiled at Inu-Yasha as he put his head back inside. "I guess you liked this little vacation, huh?"

Inu-Yasha grinned at her. "Ah. Pity it's over…"

Kagome grinned at him. "I'm glad you came, Inu-Yasha."

"Ah. Me too."

After the train was gone from sight, almost everyone dispersed. Akane turned to Ranma with a smile. "Ranma?"

"What, Akane?"

"This was fun, ne?"

"Yeah… Pity the vacation's over…"

"DAMMIT!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED THE TRAIN!!"

Ranma and Akane turned to see a heaving Ryoga. Ranma only grinned. "Sorry, Ryoga, but I don't think it was going wait for you."

"DAMN YOU, RANMA!!" Ryoga came at Ranma with a punch, but Ranma picked up Akane and dodged it.

"Whoa!" Ranma said as he jumped out of the way. Both him and Akane burst out laughing as they ran away, Ryoga running after them. Ukyo, Kodachi and Shampoo followed them, Mousse after Shampoo and Kuno after Akane.

"Ranma honey!"

"Ranma darling!"

"Ranma!"

"My beautiful Shampoo!"

"Akane Tendo!"

Akane and Ranma only laughed as they headed back toward the Tendo dojo.

THE END

[WHOA!! Finished at last! ^_^ But it was definitely fun!! Sorry for the long wait everyone, but midterms got in the middle and I've put off my research paper to finish this story so I hope you are all happy! WHEW!!! What relief... ^_____^ Now if you don't mind I'm gonna read my story ALL over again! Hey, this was two much fun! Ja, minna! <smooch> Love ya!!!]