Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Past Revealed ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A crossover between Sailor Moon and Ranma ½

Author's Note: Any characters used in this story that are not involved in either one of the original series belong to me.

Disclaimers: Ranma ½ is property of Rumiko Takahashi. Publication Rights are held by Viz in The US and Shogakukan in Japan. Sailor Moon is property of Naoko Takeuchi. Publication rights held by Kodansha Ltd. in Japan and Mixx Entertainment in the US. "Successful Mission" is the theme song from the anime, Saber Marionette

And special thanks to: Louis-Philippe Giroux, and all the others who took the time to write to me to compliment me on my stories. ^_^

E-mail your comments to: star_moon_strata@yahoo.com

Come visit my web page at: http://www.geocities.com/angel_skye2001/

________________________________________
A Past Revealed
Chapter 4
By Angela Nebedum
________________________________________

"Successful Mission"

I came to this land to protect you.
I was born to be with you.
The moment I awoke...
...prisms surrounded me.

I'm here to love you now.
I was born to hold you.
Lies and truths...
...are all within ourselves.

The days I abandon my true feelings...
...won't get to me.
Tenderness and caring...
...can be ours once again!

Day in, day out, like a puppet on a string.
Wandering in the void between zero and infinity
The strength to sever the tangled wires...
...is still sleeping inside of you.

Serena, Rini, Diana, and Luna sat in Serena's room as they got ready for the night. Serena sits in front of her mirror brushing her hair while Luna spoke.

"Rini, Diana what brought the two of you back to the 20th century?" Luna asked. "We didn't expect you back so soon."

Rini lay stretched out on the bed with Diana on her next to her. "Mommy and Puu sent me back. They said that I still need to train with the senshi of the past."

"And learn a little of your family history, Small Lady." Diana added in quietly.

"I only came along to keep Rini company, Luna-mama." Diana said, her head resting on her front paws, an unhappy expression on her features. "I can't believe that Ranma-san doesn't like me..."

Rini reaches over to pull Diana into her lap to stroke her. "It's not that he doesn't like you in particular, Diana. He said he doesn't like cats. You saw how he freaked out when all you did was just jump into his lap and tried to be friendly with him."

"Something must have happened to him that caused this kind of fear in him involving cats." Luna began slowly, her eyes narrowing a bit, "Ranma was more than just scared of Diana, he was terrified of her."

Serena remained silent during the exchange for a 5 minutes before finally deciding to speak up on Ranma's behalf. "As we were coming back from the train station today, Ranma told me, dad and Sammy about what his father made him go through since the last time I saw him all those years ago." she said quietly. "Though seeing his reaction to Diana, I think that's another thing that Uncle Genma has done that Ranma won't tell me about."

"What did Genma do to Ranma???" Rini asked curiously.

Serena closed her eyes and then put her brush down onto the dresser, before turning around to face them. "I don't know if I should tell you or not. Ranma didn't seem to like the idea of talking about it at all. I think it may have brought up too many bad memories for him."

"It couldn't be that bad, Serena-san." Diana said softly. "Please tell us."

Luna jumped to the floor, then walked over to Serena. "We may need to know what's wrong so Diana and I can avoid any further problems with him."

Serena shook her head, as she walked over to her bed and sits down, "I can't. Not right now. I'm too sleepy to worry about it." she said.

"But..." the other three chorused.

"Not now!" Serena yelled out, as she lay down to stare at the ceiling. "I want to go to bed, and I'm supposed to be meeting the girls at the mall. Maybe I should ask Ranma if he would want to go with me... Anyways out you guys. Go to your own room." she said with a yawn.

"Okay, okay. We're going." Rini said. Rini and Diana were already heading towards the door, and Rini turns around to say goodnight only to see that Serena was already sound asleep. Luna just sits there next to Serena, staring at her in exasperation, before turning her attention back towards Rini, shaking her head.

"She's impossible." Luna muttered as she curled up next Serena. "Good-night, Rini. Diana." She said sleepily.

"Good-night Luna." Both Rini and Diana called out as they closed the door behind them as they made their exit.


~Dreams~

A 6 year old girl, with long blond hair done up in twin pigtails with twin buns on the top of her head, on her forehead was a golden crescent moon, ran through the forest following the musical notes of a flute as she went, ignoring how her clothes got caught on branches.

Stopping once to look up into the sky, she gazes fondly at the Earth with longing before continuing on her way. "Kanaeda!!" She called frantically.

In the middle of an alcove, sitting on a boulder, a young boy, with long black hair, of 9 years dressed up in royal clothes played a silver flute stopped when he hears the girls voice, his face hidden within the shadows as he turned to look in the direction the voice had come from, the only view of his face was a glowing crescent moon on his forehead.

Around his neck was a silver dragon with a golden star on its forehead. At the sudden movement, the dragon that had wrapped itself lightly around his masters' neck in order to take a nap, woke up with an angry squawk and moved itself from the boys neck.

"It's Princess Serenity." the dragon said telepathically, still sounding sleepy as he sent the message. "That girls going to be the death of us one of these days..."

"I know that, Tiamat." Kanaeda chided his beloved pet, "Serenity, over here!" he called as he jumped off the rock just as Serenity appeared in the alcove. "What are you doing out of the palace? Does anyone know you're out here?"

"Kane-chan!" Serenity she yelled as she flung herself into his open arms. "I've been looking all over for you!" she whined, tears pooling in her eyes. "You missed dinner, and mama's upset with you. And everybody's looking for you. I knew you'd be here, so I came to fetch you back."

"I know, I know. I just wanted some time to myself, okay, brat? I was so busy that I forgot to watch the time." Kanaeda said placating the little princess as he lifted up into his arms easily. "Let's go back to the palace before we both get into trouble, ne? It's time for you to go to bed."

"Don't wanna. Want to hear you play some more," Serenity said, but despite her protests she let's out a yawn, and shivers as a cold wind comes up on them. "I'm not sleepy at all." she insisted as she pushed at his body until he finally relented and put her back down.

Kanaeda just shakes his head, his face still hidden from sight, as he moves in front of her and bends down, cupping his hands behind his back. "Don't argue, meatball head, we always have this argument. Now climb on to my back and I'll carry you back home as usual, ok? I'll play for you tomorrow."

"Come on Princess." Tiamat calls over telepathically. "I want to go to bed too."

"Awwww...." Serenity whines and pouts and stomps her foot a little, but then concedes and moves to climb onto Kanaeda's back, sitting on his hands, as she wraps her arms around his waist.

Making sure that he had a good grip on Serenity, Kanaeda stands up almost stumbling from the newly added weight on his back, but rights himself before they tumble over. "All right let's go." he said, as Tiamat resumed her spot around Kanaeda's neck, and started down the path that would take them back to the palace. As they walked Serenity slowly began to fall asleep.

"Kanaeda?" Serenity's sleepy voice called out, as she rests her head on his back.

"Yeah?" Kanaeda asked.

"Will you always be around for me?" she asked.

"Of course I will. I've always protected you when you needed me, haven't I?" Kanaeda asked, his tone sounding surprised by the question.

"Mmm-hmmm..." Serenity mumbled. "I just wanted to make sure. I don't want you to ever go away and never come back." she said.

"I'm not planning on going anywhere soon, Sere-chan. I'm the crown prince remember?" he said teasingly. "I'm going to inherit the throne one day. So I can't leave. Besides who'd be around to play tea with you? I watch out for you always."

Serenity giggled slightly, as a word escaped her lips just as her eyes closed, when...

"What the!!!" Kanaeda cried out, as he stopped. Serenity and Tiamat look over his shoulder and see a huge hulking monster shape in front of them charging at them at incredible speed...


~Waking World~

Serena woke up with a cry, her pajama's covered in sweat, as the sound of her alarm clock hitting the floor, signaling the beginning of another day. Her sudden movements sending Luna flying off the bed when Serena's arm hits her by accident.

"Serena, what was that for?!" Luna growled as she leaped back onto the bed. "What are you doing up so early? It's not even a school day, so there's no reason..." she began only to stop when she sees the pale, wide-eyed look on Serena's face. "Serena? Are you okay?" she asked.

"Luna, I had a strange dream. It started back when I was six years old and on the Moon."

"The Moon!?" Luna exclaimed in surprise as she leaped into Serena's lap to face her. "What do you remember, Serena? What happened in the dream? From the way you just woke up, it couldn't have been a very pleasant dream."

Serena shook her head as her gaze finally rested on Luna. "It's already starting to fade away, but I remember bits and pieces of it."

"Then tell me what you do remember." Luna said impatiently.

"I was running through a forest on the moon, searching for a boy. This boy I cared for a lot, I could tell even though I was asleep. He couldn't have been no older than two or three years older than me. I found him in an alcove playing a silver flute. With him was a small silver dragon with a golden star on its forehead draped around his neck, and... Luna! What's with that look?! You only get that look when you're thinking seriously about something."

"I don't know Serena..." Luna said thoughtfully. "When you started to tell me that description I began to remember something from back in the Silver Millennium, about the boy you were just describing. Could you see his face?"

Serena shook her head. "His face was always covered in shadows, so I couldn't see it fully. All I could see was that he had a mop of long black hair and... and he had a crescent moon on his forehead! Even in the darkness, I could see it glowing on his forehead as he turned to face me."

"A crescent moon?!" Luna exclaimed. "But only those belonging to the royal family of the Moon Kingdom have crescent moon. The boy does sound familiar, and so does that dragon you also described. Do you know their names?"

"I... Princess Serenity that is, called them Kanaeda and Tiamat. And Kanaeda-san was saying that he was going to inherit the throne one day. What does it mean? Was he talking about the throne on the Moon Kingdom? Who is he?"

"I don't know what to think, Serena. If he had the royal signia of the moon, he might have been a relative, but I just barely remember him at all." Luna said. "When you wake up in the morning, I want you to call a meeting. And I want all of the scouts there. Maybe Setsuna can give us some information on who Kanaeda was back in the Silver Millennium. Now go back to sleep. Worry about it in the morning."

"If you say so Luna." Serena said as she laid back down and instantly fell back asleep.

Luna lay on the bed with her eyes open as she became deep in thought. ~Kanaeda...~ she thought solemnly. ~Why would Serena be dreaming about him at a time like this? I just barely remember him. But something tells me that this might be bad news if the princess starts to remember him.~ she thought as she finally let sleep claim her.


~Morning~

Serena and Luna were the last ones downstairs the next day, to find out that her parents had already left for work. Heading towards the kitchen for a quick sandwich, and a cold can of soda, they turn towards the family room where they hear the sounds of Sammy and Rini's voices coming from.

Just as they near the entrance to the family room, they stop when they hear someone calling to Luna in a low whisper. Turning around they spot Diana trying to keep out of sight, under a chair stool.

"Luna-mama, don't go in there. Ranma's in there with Rini and Sammy, playing video games." Diana said. "Seeing how his reaction to seeing me last night was, I'm not taking any chances."

Luna leaped down from Serena's shoulder to join her daughter. "Good work, Diana." Luna said as she lies down next to her.

"You guys are just being paranoid." Serena told them, shaking her head in disbelief, as she continued on her way into the family room. "I'm going to go say hi to Ranma. See ya."

Ranma and Sammy sat in the family room in front of the TV playing Mortal Kombat Gold. Ranma was beating Sammy in the game 10-5 while Rini cheered him on.

"YEAH RAN-CHAN!" Rini called out as Ranma racked up another win. "Your doing great! I can't believe you made it this far."

Sammy shot daggers at Rini (from his eyes!), before turning his attention back to the game. "I can't believe that I'm loosing. I've never lost before at this game, while against someone else." he whined pitifully. "Are you sure you've never played this game before, Ranma?" Sammy demanded as he turned to looks at his elder cousin suspiciously.

Without turning around Ranma answered Sammy's question with a shrug of his shoulders. "Nope. I've never played any type video games before. I've always been too busy training or fighting to get into these kinds of things before. I figure that the only reason that I'm so good at this game is because I'm a martial artist, and this is a martial arts video game, so it's like I'm the one doing the fighting myself instead of the character in the game." he said with another shrug. "At least that's the way I see it."

Sammy looked thoughtful. "Man. If that's true, I need to get into martial arts. And I can win in fights and video games like you, Ranma."

"It'd take you a couple of years of training to get even half as good as me or any of my old friends in Nerima." Ranma told him as they finally finish the game. "I've been training since I was 6 years old, remember, and--"

All three of them turn around at the sound of clapping and see Serena standing in the doorway. "Finally, someone's shown the troll some humility when it comes to those video games of his." Serena said with a grin on her face.

"Good morning, Serena, or should that be afternoon?" Ranma said sarcastically as he looked over at a wall clock, while getting up to face her. "It's 1:30 pm, meatball head. I was hoping that you would show me around Tokyo."

"I was really tired and I..." Serena stuttered blushed at the comment, then her blush got deeper as she became upset. "Hey! Don't call me meatball head!" she yelled out heatedly. "Only Darien can call me that."

Ranma arched an eyebrow at that. "Darien? Who's this Darien, hmm?" Ranma asked as he got in closer to Serena, smirking as her blush got deeper. "Don't tell me that little Chibi-Bunny's got a boyfriend?"

"Chibi-Bunny?!" four voices (two which were kept to a whisper) chorused simultaneously.

"Yeah. That's a nickname that I had for Sere back when we were kids. She and Sammy were still in diapers back then. She used to go around pretending to be a rabbit. In fact I remember a time when she..." Ranma said in response, only to get interrupted by Serena's outraged shriek.

"Ranma! There's no need to drag up things that I did when I was still just a little kid!" Serena cried out as her face turned a deep maroon color.

Ranma smiled at Serena, and decided to change the subject. "Anyways, who's this Darien guy, and do I get to meet him anytime soon?" he asked innocently.

"Maybe, later. If your nice to me, Ranchan." Serena said mischievously, as she walked into the room towards them. "You'll like the my friends, they are real nice once you get to know them-- Whoah!" Serena shrieked as she suddenly trips. One end of the carpet is sticking up in the air, and her foot snags onto it, sending her flying, her food and soda flying out of her hands.

Hearing Serena cry out, Ranma turns around and sees her falling. As he moves to catch her, before she gets hurt, he doesn't notice the incoming can of soda coming straight at him, and barely notices as the can hits his chest and the rest of it's contents empty's out onto him causing the transformation to happen.

Catching Serena up into his arms, Ranma quickly gets off of the rug and back onto the floor. "Are you okay, Buns?" he asked, making Serena his main concern for the moment, his mind not registering the gasps of shock that spread through the room, or the eyes now on him and Serena.

Serena let out a gasp for air as she nearly had the wind knocked out of her, when Ranma grabbed her and lifted her up easily and out of harms way. Then as she rested her head on Ranma's chest, she noticed something that shouldn't have been there. "R.. r... Ranma?" she asked cautiously as she looked up into Ranma's face, pushing away from him.

"Yeah what is it, Sere?" a noticeably high and feminine voice demanded impatiently. "Are you okay, or not?" Ranma asked, then she finally noticed the shocked look on Serena's face, then glanced around the room to see the others had similar expressions.

"What? What's wro..." she stopped speaking as she finally noticed the familiar high pitch tone in her voice, felt the sticky wetness of the soda as it ran down her body, before she glanced down at her own body, and realizing that he was now a she once more.

"Aw damn..." she cursed quietly as she looked back at Serena who was now backing away from her.

To Be Continued...

Author's Notes: Sorry minna. I was hoping to make this chapter longer than this, but I decided to split up the rest of the story into the next chapter, so everyone doesn't have to wait too long. And I promise some action to start happening in the upcoming chapters. I've got something planned to happen. ^o^

E-mail me at: star_moon_strata@yahoo.com

Visit my web page: "Sailor Reality's Fanfic Archive" http://www.geocities.com/angel_skye2001/

PLEASE sign my guest book. From the read out on my counter, I've had tons of visitors yet no ones ever stopped to sign my guest book. (except me that is. ^_^)