Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Pearl ❯ Lapis, Senshi of the Tong Hae ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Pearl

A Ranma 1/2 crossover/Alternate universe

by Dianna Tsuki

cherryblossomelf@yahoo.ca

******************************

Chapter 3: Lapis, Senshi of the Tong Hae

******************************

It was aware. For the first time in a millenia, it was aware. It could sense the ambitions of those around It, and was pleased. It could feel the obvious material desires of them, but those were to be expected of ones so young. Yet, It could also feel...confusion. It emenated from the one with sand-like hair. That one was trying to make sense of something. It hoped that the sand-haired one would be able to solve the dilemna that plagued it so.

*****

Shampoo raced happily along the fence, the tires of her bicycle squeaking merrily as she did so. Balanced upon her hand was a lamen box that somehow managed to keep itself unspilled as its carrier pedalled with uncoscious ferver. She was excited about meeting her airen again.

Great grandmother had been acting quite strange recently, she was more irratible and very paranoid. Shampoo might have been worried or scared, if she didn't despise the old ghoul. She smirked every time she saw her Ranma make a fool of the decripit Amazon.

Her thoughts drifted back to her earlier childhood; the difficulty she had learning martial arts. The constant taunting she received from the others because of her suppossed dimwitted foolishness. Her great grandmother only taught her the katchu tenshin amaguriken, and the bakusai tenketsu. Why didn't she teach her the hiryu shoten ha or the soul of ice? She also suspected that Ranma had learned some of the darker Amazon arts, the ones from legend. Like the shin tora ha, or the infamous tsunami ya.

The Amazon's mouth watered with the possibility of the power that getting Ranma would lead to. And not just power, she'd be able to prove her place within the Amazons, with a slayer of Gods to command? She shivered and a smile passed across her cat-like features. Oh yes, she would get airen yet...

*****

The first thing was pain. A slow throbbing ache that flowed like blood from woundless lacerations. The figure hunched over in agony as the spear of destiny struck it, shattering walls that had been built in desperation.

The figure clutched its heart and it's mouth cracked open in a scream that whispered out between strong lips that slowly melted into soft, delicate ones. Hard muscles didn't fade, just reproportioned themselves into a kinder size.

The blades of agony receaded, but before the figure could recuperate, another rush struck. A veritable tidal wave of thoughts, suggestions, desires and daydreams. Incomplete and broken feelings, opaque experiences that were as incoherent as the murmerings of a man out of touch with reality.

Silver eyes opened as time mocked itself, stretching and distorting into a vortex of confusing nothingness. Then it stopped.

Herb slowly up, her silk sheets sliding off her form like water. She stumbled out of her rather lavish bedroom and entered what many would call an olympic-sized swimming pool, but she preffered bathing area. She paused for a moment above the waters edge before dropping herself unceromoniously into the hot water.

She wasn't sure how long she lay there, floating on her back. Her long silver tresses reaching out like the tentacles of some great monstrosity and her clothes clinging indignantly to her body.

She giggled.

"My body." she mused humerously as she let her fingers drift across HER barely cloathed flesh. HER fingertips rubbed against HER arms, passed across HER flat, muscled stomach before cupping HER breasts.

She twirled around and swam over to the side of the furo before rising out and turning around. She gazed into the rippling mirror-like depths and saw her face.

"This...is...me."the smile that plagued her lips cracked then crumbled, leaving an infectious grin in it's place

"YES!" she called out merrily as she dove into the water and began circling within it. Tiny vortex's trailed behind her as she flipped and twirled in the water, her silver mane streamlining behind her like a cape.

She halted and allowed herself to begin to sink down to the bottom of the pool. While the pool was big, that was nothing compaired to it's depth. The natural hot spring was at least as deep as the Musk castle was tall, and easily twice as big with a multitude of caves and air-pockets to discover.

She could still feel him inside of her. Figuratively. His personality was still with her: strong, proud,

"But not too proud" she reminded herself with a smirk, as was his impressive power. But his morals weren't. Gone was the facade she had put on, the mask of 'hating' the 'curse' that Jusenkyo had given 'him'. But in truth, when the peering eyes of her father vanished and the demanding cross of rulership was lifted from weary shoulders, she would creep away to the Amazon village were she would meet up with Rhu-Bei and the crimson tressed Amazon would allow her to be free.

A small pout of unconscious worry creased her features. She hadn't used the chitsuition on herself, but yet she was still swimming in a pool of warm water without changing, how was that possible. The second thing that worried her was that she hadn't hit an air pocket and wouldn't for a little while, yet her lungs weren't burning with the need for refreshing coolness, in fact the contrary seemed true. They were quite pleased with the constant air supply!

"Myuuu, how is that possible?" she pouted, she floated upside down for a moment, eyes looking towards her brow, with the index finger of her left hand pressed against the bottom of her pouting lips and her right arm wrapped around her body. The Chinese girl then shrugged.

"Whatever," she murmered, "It makes about as much sense as talking underwater."

A great roar shook the water.

*****

"Another?" the female groused, "They're awakening faster than the Sailor Brats." the male chuckled.

"Another Pirahanatron?" the female shrugged.
"Might as well, this one gave me more trouble than she was worth. I would rather not have her harrassing my armies anyways."

*****

Ranko flipped and rolled, a fearfull look etched on sleeping features. Her tireless movements resulted in her wrapping around the youngest Tendo, awakening her instantly.

Akane opened her eyes when she felt something latch onto her. She looked down and momentarily saw red. "How dare that pervert-" a selfish line of thought began until it was cut off by a calmer voice that seemed to weild more authority than the angry whispers that she had haunted her since the passing of her mother,

"That 'pervert' is your Queen. If she asked you two have sex with her, than you would be oblidged to, but she is; a) asleep and b) looking for comfort. So either hold her or leave!" the voice really didn't belong to Akane, but she listened to it none the less. First she pried the red-head off of her, and left the tent.

"You're pathetic." the voice sounded disgusted.

"Well, she's in love with Nabiki." Akane replied haughtily.

"And you're in love with her, but you've listened to your anger too often." Akane couldn't respond to that.

"If you can't even hold her when she's sleeping and obviously scared, what makes you even think you can defend her?" again, Akane couldn't answer.

"You're pathetic."

*****

Nabiki was only slightly surprised when she saw Akane crawl semi-silently out of the tent, but was startled when she felt something latch onto her in desperate fear. She instinctively wrapped an arm around the shuddering form, knowing it was Ranko. She hadn't slept since the battle, there was too much on her mind. Those thoughts took a back seat though, when she heard Ranko starting to whimper.

"It'll be alright, don't worry." she soothed. Normally she left this to someone like Kasumi, but the tent hadn't been big enough for the three of them, so Kasumi gladly volounteered to go in the tent that 'Waterworks' and 'Panda-man' had brought for Akane and Ranma. When Kasumi had volounteered for the single tent, Soun had started prancing around, chanting something about 'the schools will be joined' and 'threesome'. Akane had pounded him for that. Nabiki couldn't blame her, she wasn't about to share Ranko.

*****

Herb was terrified, a giant fish with four beady little eyes, a series of waving, angry looking tentacles and a mouth full of fangs had come crashing out of the ruins that sat under the Musk castle.

Somehow, the Musk princess had managed to duck, weave and dodge the multitude of blasts that shot her way, but she could only keep this up for so long. She had tried to get back to her furo, but the creature had blasted a section of the ceiling down, blocking off her only exit. She knew how to get through: a well placed ki blast would do it, but the fact was that between dodging the creatures tentacles, and the sick purple beams of light that spilled from its disgusting maw, she didn't have time to gather her ki. She also didn't have time to retaliate either, and she could only dodge for so long.

"Manta web!"

*****

"WHAT!?" the female roared in anger, "She's still living?" the female knew that this little game suddenly turned dangerous. The senshi of the Dead sea was still alive. Currenlty, she was more dangerous than Pearl, and had to be stopped.

*****

Herb didn't know where the shout came from, who's voice it was or they knew she was in trouble, but right now she also didn't care. She was just glad that the spray of tiny, silver featureless Manta rays came in perfect time. The rays protected her from the blasts of light that shot out of the fish's mouth.

"Herb of the Tong Hae, I release you!"again the strange female voice shouted but this time no sea animals came to her defense, but an adrenaline rush. She felt the power of the Japan sea rush through her veins. Then the change came over her. A silver wave of water washed up around her, changing her clothes into a silver battle skirt around her waist, a similarily coloured breastplate on her chest, silver shin guards and bracers and a mask of silver on her face. Finally as she descended onto the rocks beneath, two daggers materialized in her hands and she gripped them with practiced ease.

"I...am....Lapis!"

A simple set of spells and battle techniques for her daggers flooded her head, replacing her fear with amusement. This simple monster was hardly a threat, especially in her own element.

She whirled around and faced the monster, amusement written on her features. She didn't have all her memories, but she had enough to know that this thing was no match for her, even at her current power level.

The pirahanatron roared angrily and charged the silver senshi, Lapis shook her head, unsurprised.

"That impatient to be destroyed? Well then, I must oblidge you." she span her daggers at her sides and glared right at the oncoming fish. As her weapons twirled, misty grey spirals formed around the blades.

"Ether...Shackles!" she made a stabbing motion with her weapons and the spirals launched out, grey lightning crackling between the twin cirlces. The first ring clamped onto the pirhanatron's head, holding it still, the second spun around the fish's body, coiling it with the magic chain before the second ringlet clamed onto the tail, stopping any movements.


Lapis didn't waist time gloating, instead she channeled a heavy amount of ki into her blades and made an x-shaped slash in front of her. The unnamed blast rocketed out and slammed into the youma, utterly destroying it.

As Lapis recovered from her sudden transformation and the adrenaline wore off, she noted that the little manta's had vanished and she guessed that the owner was probably long gone as well. No matter. All that was left was writing on the wall, litterally.

"Go to Japan," she read out loud, "Ranko is waiting."Lapis frowned and adopted the same floating position she had used earlier,

"Myuu, who is Ranko, and what does she have to do with anything?"

*****

In her sleep, Ranko sneezed.

"Bless you." Nabiki murmered before slipping off to sleep, her arms wrapped lightly around a Ranko who had finally stopped shuddering.

End of Chapter 3

Oh, the plot sickens! Who is the senshi of the dead sea and who are these enemies? Ah, I love being the only one with answers!

Questions, comments, ideas, just want to chat?
cherryblossomelf@yahoo.ca