Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Street Fighter Fan Fiction ❯ Akane Grows Up ❯ Introducing Kaneda ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
DISCLAIMER: I don't own Ranma or any of the series in this story. This is simply fanfiction.

Akane grows up.

Chapter one

After Ranma fought Saffron, he went to Akane and held her. "Akane, are you okay?" Ranma asked with concern. Akane then went to sleep.


"Akane" woke up in a large bed. The bedroom "Akane" was in was not familiar and it seemed kind of masculine. There were even a couple pictures of half naked girls on the wall.


"Where am I?" "Akane" said. "Akane" noticed "her" voice was rather deep. Then "she" looked down. "Akane" did not see breasts but muscularly defined pecs. "Akane" gasped. Then "she" saw a older woman regarding her. "Grandmother?"


"Yes child it's me." Her grandmother said. "Let me explain some things. I've been watching you from beyond and have been rolling in my grave. The way you have been treating that nice boy Ranma. I know he can be a jerk sometimes but really.


Do you have to hit him every time another girl even looks at him? Well, I don't think you are a bad person. I think you need some perspective so before you go back to your own world as you were, you will have to live some time here as a man. Kaneda Akiyama."


"What!" Kaneda yelled. "I can't do that!"


"Of course you can." His grandmother said. "Ranma was able to handle it. You also can handle it. It will be easier for you because you will be a man all the time."


"Let me tell you about your new self. Your name is Kaneda Akiyama. You are 20 years old. Your parents died in Southeast Asia on a business trip.


Your father was a very good businessman; so you inherited a lot of money. You're quite wealthy. All you have to do is maintain his investments.


Here's what you'll like. In this this universe, you, Kaneda Akiyama, are a much better martial artist; you'll need to be because you will have to protect yourself."


Kaneda smiled at this. Am I better than Ranma? Kaneda asked with anticipation.


"Maybe, maybe not. That remains to be seen. But you are better than Shampoo; so I suggest you don't challenge her. You know the amazon laws; don't you?"


Kaneda gulped at this. "Do I still know Anything Goes?" Kaneda asked.


"Yes, in this timeline you showed an aptitude for martial arts at an early age. First, you learned a kung fu style based on acrobatics, breakfall and contortionism. You then mastered gung fu, iron skin, taichi and speed hitting. You also know a technique called zenchi; this will allow you to increase all of your abilities little by little over time.


Your ability to take on numerous attackers has increased from dozens to hundreds. This is mostly true if the assailants are not too good. You are very useful when it comes to taking on large numbers of henchmen.


You learned Anything Goes from Soun Tendo. Keep in mind that he is not your father here. You also learned how to whip out a hammer from subspace from him. You've learned how to use that hammer in a different way from some American comic book readers with vivid imaginations.


There are the other fighting styles you have mastered. the main ones are shorin kempo karate and aikido.You've also spent time training in American boxing, Thai kick boxing, wrestling(real and profesional), Brazillian jui jitsu, tae kwon do, hwang do, Korean military commando training, streetfighting, wing chun kung fu and a some others.


Your grandfather was a great chef. While you are only an expert chef, you're a lot better than you were before. Your cousin, Jan Akiyama, is a master chef; he lives with you in your mansion. Sometimes he insults your cooking.


You have another cousin named Miku who is ten years old and trains really hard to become a wrestler. Sometimes you train her. You also own a dojo and a gym attached to your mansion where you train other people.


You have participated in the Streetfighting Championship. You did pretty well but you did not win it. You gained some friends and some enemies.


You also have a butler named Tetsuo Koori. He has been your family's butler since before you were born. He was trained to be a butler in England. He also has been trained in many other skills as well.


Oh, let's see. There's one more thing. You are probably wondering how long you will have to live as a man. You have a mission. The mission is get your doppelganger Akane Tendo to fall in love with you.


"What!" Kaneda exclaimed. "How am I supposed do that? I am a supposed to be some kind of pervert?" Kaneda asked.


"Falling in love with yourself should not be to hard. However, when Mrs. Tendo died Soun was a wreck. He eventually lost all his students and faced financial ruin. Your parents knew you liked Akane; so they made a marriage arrangement. They paid Soun one and a half million yen for your right to marry Akane."


"Well then this shouldn't be to hard." Kaneda said with confidence.


"Really?" His grandmother said. "Some time after that Soun told you Akane had passed away. You were heartbroken over her death and left for South America. For a period of time you worked as a stuntman on that t.v. show Hercules. You'll find out why when you look in the mirror.


You visited different kinds of places. Since you believed Akane was dead and you were a young handsome virile man. Well I guess YOU were the pervert this time." His grandmother laughed.


"Oh yes, another thing you will have memories of everything you've done and endured in this life, as well as your past life. You will find yourself talking and acting like a man without thinking about it."


All the memories of his current life came to Kaneda. Even what he did with all those women. He blushed at the thought of what he did.


"Oh you bad boy." His grandmother said while raising her eye brows. "Well that's it. You might want to get up. You have a lot of work to do with all the training and students you have.


Don't forget the paperwork about your and Akane's intended marriage. Your father did a real good job of keeping paperwork organized. Bye bye." With that she vanished.
Kaneda suddenly realized he had a lot to do today. He got out of bed, put on his training clothes and worked out. He started with taichi and katas.Then he did an intensive martial arts workout. He then did his zenchi workout. He was impressed at how good he was.


After his intensive workout, he went to the bathroom and took a shower. He then looked at himself in the mirror. He was five feet ten inches tall. He weighed about one hundred and sixty-five pounds. He had long, golden brown hair. He was very muscular but not too bulky. Mostly he had muscular definition. And he was drop dead gorgeous. "I'm a hunk." Kaneda thought as he saw himself in the mirror.


He looked a lot like a Japanese version of Kevin Sorbo from that Hercules show. It then occured to him that he was a stuntman for the show until Kevin Sorbo learned enough martial arts and other skills to do all his stunts himself.


After getting dressed he went to his dining room where his butler, Tetsuo, had his breakfast ready. "Good morning sir." Tetsuo said. "Good morning Tetsuo." Kaneda said as he sat down. He looked at the newspaper. His stocks had gone up.


"Tetsuo, after my classes are done, I am going to Akane Tendo's house. Do you know where my father put the paperwork for my intended marriage to Akane Tendo?" Kaneda asked.


"Yes sir. But hasn't Akane Tendo passed away?" Tetsuo asked quizzically.


"I got it on good authority that she is alive and well. I'm going to go there and have a talk with Mr. Tendo." Kaneda answered.


"Very good sir. I will make a copy of the paperwork if you wish." His butler said.


Kaneda thought of how Genma in panda form could easily devour the paperwork. So he said to his butler "Make five copies of it."


"I know what a nice and sweet person I was; so this Akane is probably the same. Unless I get there too late, Akane will probably appreciate me a lot more than Ranma. She'll fall in love with me when I'm really nice to her. Then I'll be home free." Kaneda thought.



After his taichi, tae kwon do, kempo karate and aikido classes were done, he was preparing to leave when one of his employees who helped him to teach martial arts called out to him.


"Kaneda!" Dan Feng, the guy who helped him teach tae kwon do, yelled to him. "Kim Kaphwan is here, and he wants to talk to you."


Kaneda remembered Kim. His master had taught him tae kwon do and hwang do. Kim was more advanced in these martial arts, but on the whole they were about evenly matched.


"Go ahead and let him in." Kaneda ordered. Kim, his wife and children came in. Dan Feng was himself a Korean and was a big fan of Kim Kaphwan. He looked on at Kim with hero worship.


"Hey Kim.What can I do for you today?" Kaneda asked as they shook hands. He also noticed his wife and children were with him.


"Hey Kaneda. I can tell your tae kwon do is still really good for a Japanese guy." Kim said. That was as big a compliment from Kim a Japanese guy could get. Kim had a high opinion of Kaneda.


"I got some business to take care of in Japan. I would really appreciate it if you would let my family stay at your house for a couple days." Kim requested.


"Sure Kim no problem. You can stay here as long as you like!" Dan Feng said graciously. Kaneda shot him a look. But he realized how hard it would be to find a good place to stay at this time of the year so he relented.


"All right Kim." Kaneda relented. "Dan's exuberance not withstanding, your family can stay here. Is there some life and death business that you are involved in?"


"I would rather not talk about that. But letting my family stay here will be more than enough." Kim explained.


"It's no problem. But I can't stay here over night; I also have some business to take care of. But I'll be back here as soon as possible." Kaneda said.


"Hey! I can stay with them if you like it's no problem at all." Dan said wanting to impress Kim.


"That's fine but make sure you call your grandfather and tell him that you're going to be here. This way he won't be worried about you." Kaneda instructed.


"I really appreciate this Kaneda, you too Dan." Kim said with gratitude. "Now I have to go. See you later ." Kim said as he left.


Kaneda informed Tetsuo that they were having guests and to take care of them. Kaneda then left for the Tendo household.



On his way to the Tendo home Kaneda's way was blocked by a fighter he had beaten in the Streetfighter tournament. He was five feet ten inches tall, one hundred sixty five pounds, very strong and deadly looking. He was twenty one years old. He wore a dark blue suit that was a cross between a martial arts uniform and a school uniform. His name was Koga Kentaro


He looked a lot like a Japanese version of the actor who played Aries on Hercules. He no longer had the beard though. Just like Kaneda, he did stunt work for the Aries character just like Kaneda did for the Hercules character. And just like Kaneda he was let go when the actor who played Aries was able to do his own stunts.


He and Kaneda weren't the best of friends. They were almost enemies. Once in a scene where Hercules and Aries fought each other, Kaneda and Koga were doing the choreagraphed scene and the fight ended up being real! Fortunately "Hercules" won the fight as he was supposed to.


"Akiyama! I've been looking for you." Koga said. "I hate the fact that you beat me in the Streetfighter Tournament. The only reason you beat me is because you were invulnerable to my bladefist."


"We went toe to toe. And while I was hitting you with my bladefist, you were pummeling me with hundreds of punches and kicks. Even tually, I was knocked out. I realized later that you had mastered iron skin and gung fu, making you invulnerable to my bare handed killing attack." Ken said.


"You should have realized that your bladefist was not working and switched to another attack.Whose fault is it when you use the same attack over and over again when it doesn't work?" Kaneda responded and then realized he had done that when he was Akane in the other universe he was in.


Koga responded with anger. "How dare you judge me? If I had fought Ryu Hoshi or Ken Masters, I would have destroyed either one of them. No one could have resisted my bladefist except you. It's all your fault!" He said as he attacked Kaneda.


As he countered, Kaneda realized Koga had not improved all that much; he was still relying on his bladefist attack. He had some new attack combinations that Kaneda had never seen before, but Koga still lost and went down with a thud.


"You should improve a lot more before you challenge me again Koga. And I was beaten by Ken Masters so I doubt you could have beaten him or Ryu." Kaneda said as he left for the Tendo household.


"The guy was starting to sound like Ryoga. Nah. Ryoga's a nice guy, not the jerk Koga is." Kaneda thought.
When he arrived at the Tendo home he saw Shampoo leave crying and upset. He made certain to stay out of her way. He then went to the door and knocked.


Kasumi answered the door. It took some time but then she recognized him. "Kaneda! How have you been? We haven't seen you in a long time." Kasumi said politely. She noticed how much better looking he had become. And the muscles he had! But she still kept her cool.


"Greetings Kasumi." Kaneda answered. "It's weird seeing Kasumi like this but I have to act like an acquaintance, not a close relative."


"I have been just fine Kasumi. Is Your father and Akane here? I have something to discuss with them." Kaneda said. "I must have got here right after the incident with Shampoo; I know she'll be back with Cologne later." He thought.


"Oh yes, they're here, but we have some other guests. Come on in. I'll introduce you to everyone." Kasumi said happily.


As they entered the house, Kaneda saw everyone, Soun, Nabiki, Akane and Genma and Ranma in their cursed forms. "I have to do this right." Kaneda thought.


"Kaneda?" Akane said surpised. "Is that you?" Soun looked at Kaneda with nervousness. Genma and Ranma looked at him quizzically. Nabiki looked at him analytically and then remembered who he was.


"Hi Akane. Yes it's me, Kaneda Akiyama. You're looking as good as always Akane." Kaneda said with a charming smile. Akane blushed a little at this. Ranma shot Kaneda a look of wariness.


"Hello Mr. Tendo. Do you remember the agreement you had with my father? You don't? Well here's the paperwork for it." Kaneda said as he handed Soun a copy of the paperwork of his and Akane's intended marriage.


Soun read the papers nervously. Genma looked over his shoulder and read the papers as well. He then snatched the papers and stuffed them in his mouth devouring them. Then showed a sign saying "all gone."


"I didn't know your panda was so hungry. By the way that was a copy. Would your pet panda like seconds, thirds? I got plenty. "I thought Mr. Saotome would do something like that so I came prepared." Kaneda thought confidently to himself.


Nabiki took a copy and read it to everyone. "This says that Akane is supposed to marry Kaneda. It also says his father gave Soun one and a half million yen as a dowry. I wondered where that money came from. We would have been out on the street and broke if not for that money." Nabiki remembered.


"What? Daddy is this true?" Akane asked with shock and surprise.


"Well, Akane, I uh, our finances were in bad shape. His father offered all that money so what could I do?" Soun cried sadly. But that does not matter. You're engaged to Ranma and that's that." Soun exclaimed getting back his confidence. "Sorry my boy, things happen that way sometimes."


"Mr. Tendo, why did you tell me Akane was dead? When it's obvious she is alive and well. Is it because you had intended that she marry this Ranma person." Kaneda interrogated.


Soun's daughters and the Saotomes jaws dropped at this. "Looks like you have another fiancee Akane." Ranma said.


"The paperwork is all legit." Nabiki said matter of factually."I have to investigate Kaneda Akiyama and find out everything I can on him. I don't like having unknowns running around. Information is everything; second to money of course." Nabiki thought.


"Dad, are you saying I have to marry this guy?" Akane asked looking at Kaneda with a little hostility.


"No way!" Ranma exclaimed. Akane is engaged to me."


"I think I'll have some fun." Kaneda thought. "Young lady, who are you? Akane can't be engaged to a cute little girl like you. That does not make any sense." Kaneda said patronizingly.


"Why you!" Ranma started to say. But Kaneda interrupted. "By the way who is this Ranma person. Does he even exist?" Kaneda asked ignoring Ranma.


"Who ever he is." He said walking towards Akane and putting his hands on her shoulders and looking kindly at her. "Will you at least put me on equal footing with this guy? You can choose between the two of us. It will be your choice. Just give me a chance."


"Hey!" Ranma yelled. "Don't ignore me!"


"See here.You can't just.." Soun said as he was interrupted.


Akane then said "I understand my family's honor is at stake so all right. I will put you on equal footing with Ranma and I will choose between the two of you sooner or later. If at all. But since you're on equal footing with Ranma and I don't allow him to touch me the way you are touching me now. GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME!" Akane yelled as she malleted Kaneda into the stratosphere.


"No way would I have ever done that!" Kaneda thought as he went flying away."This is so disappointing!" He whipped out his hammer, which was made of concrete steel, swung it around and threw it and himself in the direction of his home.



AUTHOR'S NOTES: So what do you think? This is going to be more based on the manga than the anime. I'll put some of the episodes from the t.v. series in but this will mostly be based on the manga. I have the manga. All of it(some in Japanese but I've read translations of it on the internet) So I will be going in order of the manga.


I made Akane/Kaneda a lot tougher; in part because he'd have to protect himself and also so he could see how slow Akane was. He is also an expert chef so he can see how bad Akane's cooking is.


He is going to be on the receiving end of Akane's mallet a few more times. He also will have to deal with the amazons as well. You can probably guess how Nabiki will react to him.


In his past he has helped Guile and the streetfighters against M. Bison; so some of his henchmen will be looking for revenge.


He has not seen the last of Koga Kentaro. He will also find out why Kim Kaphwan wanted his family to stay with him. There will be fighters from other fighting games showing up as well.(Like from Fatal Fury and King of Fighters)


Jan Akiyama will be showing up as well.(Am I the only person apart from the Cooking babe who has reviewed my other fanfic who has read and liked Iron Wok Jan?)


Miku will eventually be showing up as well.(she is from Miku Metal Fighters) More of Kaneda's past will catch up to him.


By the way, the way Kaneda flies with his hammer is similar to the way Thor from Marvel Comics flies with his hammer. But Kaneda's hammer is to some extent magnetic. It's also based on his willpower.


He can do other things with his hammer as well. He wears and carries bracelets that are magnetic so that when he throws his hammer, it will come back to him. He often carries spares with him. He built all this himself with some help.


I've read a lot of fanfics where Ranma learns a lesson or grows up. In this fanfic Akane learns a lesson and grows up. I don't think of Akane as being evil.(Even though some people have told me she was evil) I do believe she is wrong about a lot of things.


Well that's it for now. Send me reviews telling me what you liked or what you didn't like. Or any questions you might have. Anything that will help my writing will be appreciated.