Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Mousse Muad Dib ❯ How Can I Help You ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mousse Muad Dib

By

Mari

Co-author by rob

Disclaimer: Ranma ½ is the Ó property of Rumiko Takahashi. Tenchi Muyo-Universe is the Ó property Kajishima Masaki.

Dune is the Ó property of Frank Herbert. Star Wars is the Ó property of George Lucas.

Chapter 09: How Can I help you

"Come on yer highness, let's finish the fight series we started. After all we're tied one to one." Mousse nudged the Young Emperor Sai Yuk.

Sai Yuk stared at the swirl designs in the Zen sand garden, a sad look upon his face. Lifting a toe , he broke part of a swirl pattern and felt the cold grains of sand sift softly through his toes. "Don't you ever wonder what its all about Mousse?" He questioned absentmindedly.

"What do you mean?"

"Why did she have to help me. I never met her, I never even saw her actually. Yet this image of her is in my mind. Of her battling that giant, how strong she was, how fast. Then like a leaf blowing on the wind, she is gone. Why for me? She never new me, she had never laid eyes on me till then. Was it because of my title?" He jerked his foot sharply at that moment. Standing he surveyed the damage his wandering foot had created in the pastoral image the sand had created. Picking up the sand rake he started to make new swirl patterns in the large sand garden. His arms swaying swiftly too and fro, creating a large flower pattern with his rake.

Standing and looking at the new design he smiled. "I've never understood why there is such a fuss over me. I don't feel special." Looking down at his clenched fists. "I don't think I'm any different than you, really."

Mousse laughed. "Yeah right. You are destined to rule this entire country. You have been granted a gift from the gods yes. For you are one who shall make destiny instead of having it make them." Sounding suddenly prophetic.

A shiver ran through Sai Yuk's small frame, "Yes I would like to see which of is the best. Lets do it without all the pomp and ceremony that they usually attribute to it. Just you and I ." Walking swiftly now that their course of action has been decided.

Reaching the Dojo they both find that it is deserted at this time of day. Taking off his shirt Mousse flex's his ample muscular frame, each muscle edged and defined after a lifetime of physical workout and practice. "One rule, this time. No hidden weapons, no nock-out drugs. Just martial arts. A physical contest to see who is fastest and strongest. Ok?" Sai Yuk asked imploringly.

"Fine by me." Mousse replied getting into an opening position called the flower opens. His both feet held wide and firm on the floor mats. His left arm back and up above his head palm facing Sai Yuk. The right arm extended straight out with palm up beckoning the young emperor to attack him.

Suddenly Sai Yuk jumps high into the air, screaming his Kai. Both legs press forward in a flying double-edged windmill kick, which Mousse blocks with his right arm. Sai Yuk seems to almost hang in the air defying gravity as his feet strike faster than the eye can see. Anger and frustration on his face at the ease in which Mousse blocks his fast flying kicks. Landing back on his feet, he doesn't spare a moment as he jumps again this time away from Mousse, as if he were being attacked. Yet Mousse still stands firm in the same spot he started. Arms still up and at the ready mark.

A slow smile grows on Mousse's lips. "I have had many opponents. Your kicks are fast Sai Yuk, yet the opponent I usually battle is much better than that." He was referring of course to Ranma and his continuous battles to beat his friend in Japan.

"Then I shall just have to improvise won't I" Sai Yuk grinned. His blood rushing through his veins pumping the adrenalin he needs to continue the battle. Shuffling closer to Mousse Sai Yuk raises his arm tentivly and taps the still figure of Mousse. Who still hasn't moved from his spot. As Sai Yuk's arm touches Mousse, Mousse reacts faster than a snake bite and grasps Sai Yuks extended arm and turns with all his force, throwing the young Emperor over his shoulder to have him land with a summersault back on his feet several arm lengths away.

Like an acrobat finishing a complicated routine, Sai Yuk stood with arms extended, feet firmly planted on the mat. Turning he surveyed the Dojo. Still empty, so quiet he could hear the both of their breathing sounds. His seemed to be in large gulps while Mousse stood calmly watching to see what Sai Yuk would do.

Sai Yuk looked at his opponent. Strangely Mousse had not attacked at all, but conserved his energy and just reacted to the physical attacks that he himself had initiated. 'How do I break that calm exterior?' Sai Yuk thought to himself.

Circling Mousse, he looked at his muscular friend and wondered what kind of training, and fights had caused him to be so confident in his abilities. Who had his opponents been? They must have been something because Mousse wasn't even turning to watch him as he came around to his back . 'I wonder if he can sense me cause he is not looking at me.'

"What is going on here?" An instructor entered exclaiming. He was Sum-Loe one of the head instructors Mousse's mothers employed to train the students . At the moment Sum-Loe spoke Sai Yuk attacked quietly jumping high and forward at the exposed back of Mousse. Hoping that the momentary distraction of the intrusion into the dojo would be enough of a lead to let him strike. As he hung over the air, over Mousse his arms snaked down and reached for the vital points in the back of the neck, but Mousse bending at the waist suddenly wasn't there. Instead Sai Yuk sailed over his opponent and landed on his feet on the opposite side now facing Mousse. Who was kneeling on the mat.

"It's ok" Sai Yuk exclaimed, "We are just finishing our contest."

"You should never fight without supervision, Your mother would not be pleased Mousse." Sum-Loe responded.

"Fine then you can watch, and help whoever needs it when it's done." Mousse replied softly. Standing he looked at the acrobatic Sai Yuk and grinned. "Your speed is good, but your timing is a bit off." He smiled.

Sai Yuk just grinned and stood arms at his side looking at Mousse's stance. Stepping up to Mousse he looked into his eyes and smiled. Then copied the stance he saw mirroring it. "I see your form, and stance are for quick reaction, but you don't attack, how is this style helpful?"

"It is very helpful in a fight, as it conserves energy, allows you to direct your opponents attacks to your strong points." Mousse tutored the young Emperor.

"But its flaw is that you don't attack." Sai Yuk smiled.

"Who said I can't attack?" Mousse lunged forward grabbed the out stretched arm of Sai Yuk and pulled him off balance. As Sai Yuk came forward Mousse bent at the waist and shot out a foot to contact the ribs of his opponent. Dropping to the mat while still holding Sai Yuk's arm he pivoted and with the foot as a fulcrum sent Sai Yuk spinning head over heals across the dojo to land hard against the wall. The shock of the impact rattled the weapons on the wall.

Panting Sai Yuk got up and shook off his momentary dizziness and looked at Mousse with new respect. This wasn't going to be easy. Walking forward he dusted himself off and with a grin jumped up and did a spinning swirl kick that Mousse dodged easily. Sai Yuk not finishing ended in a tight roll that caused him to roll right up to the feet of Mousse. Who looked down at the bundle in time to see Sai Yuk's feet coming up like a giant fist. Mousse launched into the air a moment too late and took half the impact on his chin as he sailed backwards and down onto his back. His jaw burned and felt tight and his breath was short. Only a second had elapsed since the kick but Sai Yuk was up and running at the still form of Mousse. Jumping in the air Sai Yuk yelled and came down with both feet. Landing where Mousse had been. For Mousse the instant his body had hit the mat, had rolled and thankfully for that he was safely out of the way of the second attack.

Not stopping Sai Yuk pressed the attack unmercifully. Stomping on the mat as Mousse rolled left and right to dodge the quickly thrust jabs of his opponent. Sai Yuk red faced started to get frustrated at the inability to actually connect with the fast moving son of his instructor. Mousse grinned stopped and raised both hands to grab at the descending foot and raised his own leg to counter the shock. Thus giving him ample purchase to grab and throw Sai Yuk backwards and down. Sai Yuk rolled quickly and stood up with a flip. Mousse who had previously been rolling all over the mat was now standing and again in his beginning stance.

"Argggg!" Sai Yuk yelled red faced and launched into a series of devastating kicks and punches. All of which Mousse blocked handily. Then something strange happened to Sai Yuk; he seemed to hear a voice in his head that said STOP. And he stood still. Look up glassy eyed at Mousse he puzzled at his body's sudden refusal to move. He could see Mousse's lips moving but could not understand what was coming out of his mouth. He watched as if in a dream as Mousse made picking up motions with his hands and again felt that unexplained tugging around him as if the air itself had compressed and grabbed him . He found himself aghast because he was floating several inches above the mat, unable to move. He watched fear crazed as Mousse still mumbling and seemingly in a trance lifted his arm made shooing motions. His perspective changed as his body raised and flew across the Dojo.

Sum-Loe stood watching as the two combatants fought. Admiring their skill and speed. He above all was shocked when Sai Yuk seemed to just float above the ground and then fly backwards to land heavily against the wooden wall. Pinned several feet in the air, he watched as Sai Yuk struggled but could not disengage or even say anything.

"Master!" Sum-Loe's voice echoed in the now still Dojo. "What manner of demon or trick is this."

Mousse startled out of his reverie looked at what he was doing and for just an instant could feel the weight of Sai Yuk on his mind. How had he done that. Shaking he ran up to Sai Yuk who stood looking at Mousse with fear. "I'm sorry." He sputtered. " I don't know what I did or how I did it."

"How…did…you…do…that?" Sai Yuk panted between each word while still recovering from that phenomenal attack. "Not even your mother even knew about that attack."

Mousse was now trembling with fear. He doesn't know how he did it nor where it came from. "I-I-I don't know." He tried to find an answer but there wasn't one. "I'm sorry Sai Yuk." Mousse apologized. "I didn't mean to hurt you." His voice was trembling and tears started to form in his eyes. 'By Kami! What have I done?' His mind rattled like crazy and ran off.

"Mousse! Wait!" Sum-Loe called out to him but Mousse could not hear him and ran out of the dojo. He helped Sai Yuk up to his feet. "Are you alright your Highness?" He asked with concern.

"I am. Thank you." Sai Yuk confirmed to the instructor. "But what is wrong with Mousse?" He questioned Sum-Loe, a bit troubled about his friend.

"I do not know, Sai Yuk." Sum-Loe gave him an honest answered. "He was speaking in some strange language. I don't think it was even Chinese or from any country. Then you were floating in the air as if you were lifted by some great wind. And then you went flying on to that wall."

"It felt just like it did when that old man used his magic and grabbed me, could they be connected some how?" Sai Yuk ponders.

"The young master has been gone along time, but I doubt that he would be as evil as that old man was." Sum-Loe responded. " I should try to find the young master before something bad happens."

"Yes I agree, we should." Running out the door the two split up and start to search the complex. Sum-Loe runs into the adjoining house yelling for Mousse, all the people he meets running from room to room tell him that they have not seen Mousse. Finally rushing into the main dining area Sum-Loe spots Stilgard and relates what he saw in the Dojo and the fact that Mousse has run off.

"This is not good." Stilgard says. "Although it is awesome that some of his powers are finally manifesting, it's not good that he doesn't have someone to help him understand the changes he is going through." Turning to several of the other staff members. "I want you all to go looking for Mousse and tell him to meet me at the Zen Garden" He orders the servants.

Everyone starts to dash off and look for the Young Master, Stilgard walks swiftly through the rooms towards the Zen Garden looking for his friend and student. Seeking him in every room, not leaving any chance for the Young Atreides heir to hide he continues to search until finally arriving at the opening called the Zen Garden. Looking over the sand platform he sees the flower that the young emperor had earlier designed and is impressed in its beauty and simplicity.

"Very nice." He comments to himself.

"Yes it is, isn't it." A voice responds.

"Mousse?" Stilgard questions.

"I don't know." Ponders the voice, "I am, and sometimes I wonder what I'm turning into, how I can do these things that I can do. There not natural, almost supernatural."

Stilgard searches the garden for Mousse. Not seeing any physical body, just the sound of his voice echoing in the large garden.

"Why don't you come out so I can talk to you about these changes to you." Stilgard pleads.

"I need to be alone Arwin, can you understand THAT, I need to find myself and come to peace with these changes within me." The voice comments bitterly.

"And how do you plan on doing that Young Master." Sum-Loe startles Stilgard, for he had not even heard the Martial Arts instructor arrive.

"Sum-Loe, you saw what I did." Mousse's voice quavers.

"Yes and I am sorry for what I said earlier." Sum-Loe responds. "You are not a monster or a demon. It was my superstitious fears that led me to respond that way."

"But you were right. It's not natural to just lift your hand and throw your opponent around like so much wood." Mousse counters stubbornly.

"No it is not normal for me, or for even some others but in the past masters have achieved a level of training that had previously never been found and when they displayed there physical prowess others thought them demons or even gods for what they could do." Sum-Loe stated, getting into the rhythm of the thing as all good instructors do. "It is all fine and good that you are afraid of these powers. That means that you will learn to respect them and fear them. Learn to NOT use them, or to use them to defend the powerless and the weak against aggressors like that crazed old man and the giant killer." Sum-Loe continued.

"He is right Mousse. You should respect your new gifts, and they are natural, they are a legacy from your father. From the family that you never new. Which is why they are so strange to you." Stilgard explained. "Let me teach you how to use them, and to harness there full potential, just like the voice there are things that you will able to do that others can not."

"There is?" Mousse sounded hesitant.

"Yes my friend, I have never lied to you yet, and I will never lie to you." Stilgard explains. "Sometimes the truth hurts, but it is the only thing that will ultimately set you free."

The sand in the garden starts to shift and the pattern of the flower is disturbed. Rising from the sand Mousse amazes all at his ability to blend into the surroundings and hide himself from even the observation powers of a master martial artist and a Fremin Marine commander.

"Then show me Arwin, show me my heritage so that I can understand myself better."

The phone in the distant starts to ring. A servant answering the phone distracts the group in the garden sufficiently that they all await to find out who would phone. As the School very rarely ever gets any phone calls. The servant who answered the phone comes rushing up, her kimono flapping in the stiff cold breeze.

"Young Master it is your mother. She wishes to speak to you."

Feeling the urgency in the servant's voice, Mousse jumps up and dash's into the house and grabs the receiver of the phone.

"Yes Mother?" Mousse says in a gasping voice.

"I have bad news my son." Beikng-Pan exclaims from thousands of miles away.

"What's the matter Mother?" Mousse asked with some worry. "Is there something wrong with you and Ayeka?"

"It's about your friend, Ranma." Beikng-Pan answered to her son. "He went some place called the Cat Café to find information about the killers and he hasn't come returned since. The family is worried."

"I'm sure Ranma is okay." Mousse tried to sound convincing. "He always manages to take care of himself."

"Even if he is as strong as you say he is, not even he could've been gone this long." His mother explained a bit frantic.

This concerns Mousse very much. He knows that Ranma usually manages to get out of predicaments harder than this. But nothing that is unusual. "Did you ask Ms. Ayeka to call her fellow officers about this?" He questioned.

"I have, but she told me that this is out of their jurisdiction." Beikng-Pan confirmed.

" I see then if you don't mind, I will come down to help you, I'm sure Stilgard and myself will be able to assist in finding him. And don't worry Mother. Although he may not have looked it. He is probably THE best martial artist in the world and I have yet to ever see him get defeated in a fight." Mousse praises Ranma's skills knowing that although Ranma is a rival he acknowledges the fact that he himself has always lost to him.

Beikng-Pan sighs a bit then responds. "Yes but if he was poisoned, drugged or if he met up with Ojino and was trapped by the old demon's power, there are many possibilities that still frighten me. I agree you should come with Stilgard. Ayeka says that there is a flitter still parked at the back that will get you to us in just several hours instead of taking the boat or regular means. She also says that Stilgard should know how to operate it."

"Very well Mother I will be there as fast as I can." Mousse exclaims hanging up the phone and starting towards the Garden complex to talk to Stilgard about the flyer and how to get to Ranma's house.. Sai Yuk looks expectant and exclaims quickly. "Lets go guys, it's about time I got even with that old bastard for what he did."

Stilgard presses a hand on the Young Emperor's arm, "I'm really sorry Sai Yuk but you can not come this time."

Sum-Loe looks at the young Emperor and sees the anger and frustration in his eyes. "Your majesty, if your father were to be made aware that we even thought of letting you get into trouble, we would all be summarily executed."

Stilgard nodded. "Plus, we need you here, I don't believe that the Wu-Sul clan is done here either. You must all be on guard for any time of intrusion or attack." Looking to Sum-Loe, "I can trust you to take care of his majesty. As you will have all these other police officers to help you. They are equipped with many types of weapons that are not normally available to the regular police department. Plus the Emperor has let Beikng-Pan and I know that he will be sending some of the elite body guards as well."

Sum-Loe nods and puts a comforting hand on the depressed Sai Yuk. "Don't worry." His voice echo's sadly in the garden. "But I will miss you all. And please take care." Looking at Mousse, he rushes up and grabs the Young Atreides Heirs hand and holds it for a second. "Brother! How can I help you!"

Puzzled Mousse looks into Sai Yak's eyes for a second," Take care of my home, and yourself and pray for us." He responds.

"Then it shall be so." Sai Yuk exclaims prophetically. "None shall harm your home or hearth, I will give you the word of myself and my family that it is so." Standing proud and strong he watch's as Mousse and Stilgard take off for the flitter.

"So what do we do." Stilgard asks his young apprentice.

"We first have to go to the Tendo Dojo and talk to the others about what they know and what they have done so far." Mousse explains.

Stilgard nods, "That is a very logical approach. I am glad you are thinking about things instead of just running headlong into danger. It gives me great hope for you in the future."

"Well I have you to thank for that." Mousse complimented. "Plus I figured this what my father would've done in this situation."

"That is true, your highness." Stilgard praised, placing a hand Mousse's shoulder. "Your father will be proud."

Mousse turned his head to his teacher and protector and gave him a smile. "Thank you my friend. Now we must hurry to help find Ranma." The two picked up the pace and getting ready for their return to Nerima, Japan.

Will Mousse and Stilgard be able to help find Ranma in time? Will Ranma be able to fight against Shinju and Ojino? And what will happen Mousse sees Shampoo again? Find out in our next chapter of "Mousse Muad Dib"