Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Chibi-Ranma ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
To fully understand this story, you should read "Martial Arts Talk". This Chapter is actually part of chapter 4 and all of chapter 5 from that story.

Chapter 1 version 1.0 Warning: a six year old boy turned girl has some trouble with the restroom.

There was a flash of light and Ranma disappeared. For the next half hour, he got to talk with two older versions of himself in some kind of strange talk show. After it was up, he went and talked with the older Ranma for a few minutes.


"Here kid, take this and look at it when you get back."

"What is it?"

"It's directions on how to over come your fear of cats and a map that will help you get to Jusenkyo. I would have shared this with the teenager, but he was a bit too rude, don't you think."

"Yes, I agree. Ill tempered and foul mouthed, though you were not that much better."

"I wasn't? I'm sorry about that."

"Apology accepted. I just hope that other 'Ranma' can figure out things for himself."

"He will. After all, I did ok. He will to, though I suspect they'll probably erase his memory to keep him from doing anything drastic."

"It would be a shame if they had to do that."

"I agree. Hey kid. When you dad does the Neko-Kun training on you, just remember one thing. It will end. He eventually does stop. As I recall, he did it on me for a week. After that he'll take you to a hospital and you'll begin a new phase of your life and you'll meet new friends."

"Really? You promise?"

"Yeah. I promise. Would I lie to myself?"

"I don't think so, but you are older then me now."

"True. Well, have a great life kid."

"You too!"

Adult Ranma entered the machine and seconds latter was gone. Chibi-Ranma then entered and the process repeated it's self.

____________________________________

Ranma looked around for his dad and saw him preparing a pit.

"Hey dad!" As he called out, Genma jumped and tried to cover up what he was doing.

"Hi son... I thought you were sleeping."

"Nope. I was wondering when we're going to do the Neko-Ken training."

"What?! What are you talking about?"

"It's ok dad, I just wanted to get it over with so I can go to the hospital and then meet my new friends."

"Well, go back to sleep and I'll wake you when it's time, ok?"

"Ok." Ranma went back to bed, but sleep didn't come for him. He was excited to find out what it was like to be thrown in a pit of hungry cats. He wasn't sure why, but it didn't sound that scary. Plus, he had the directions on how to get over any side effects it might have, so he wasn't worried.

____________________________________

The next morning, Genma found Ranma already awake.

'Damn it, now I can't wrap him up and throw him against his will.'

"Dad, is that fish steak for the training?"

"Uh... Yes, it is. Here you go," Genma said as he handed the fish steaks. "Now, just climb in that pit and I'll toss the cats in ok?"

"Ok. I love you dad," Ranma said in a soft voice. From the look on his face, Genma could tell he meant it.

"I love you too," Genma replied. As he turned, he suddenly got very nervous. 'Is there a camera crew watching me?'

"Dad, I'm ready. Toss in the cats!"

"Ok..." Genma went to the collection of cats he'd gathered and got ready to toss them in. After a minute, he decided to do it and tossed them in. "Be brave my son!"

"I will!" The entire time, Ranma didn't yell out once or cry. Genma was amazed. Inside, the cats were scratching and clawing at him. It was almost more then he could stand. The only thing that kept him going was the memory of his adult self. 'I'm strong and I can take this!'

____________________________________

A week later, a very bloody Ranma was rushed to the nearest hospital by his father.

"Hold on son. Be strong."

"I will dad. I will. Thank you."

"Thank you?" Genma couldn't understand this. 'Even after everything I put him through this week, he still forgives me... I don't deserve this.'

"Hey dad, promise me after we get out of here."

"Promise you?"

"Promise me we'll go to Jusenkyo. I want to see it, ok?"

"Alright boy. We'll do anything you want. Just get better so we can continue our training and make your mother proud," As Genma said this, Ranma's expression changed.

"Dad, I need to call mom. I forgot to tell her something."

"Ok..." Genma was worried.

"I won't tell her about the Neko-Kun training. I just have to tell her something."

"Sure boy. You've done better then I could have imagined, so I guess it can't hurt."

____________________________

The phone rang and soon it was answered by Nodoka.

"Hello?"

"Hi mom!"

"Ranma? How's my little boy?"

"I'm fine mom. I needed to tell you something."

"What's that?"

"I found out from a friend what that piece of paper I put my hand on meant and I wanted to tell you I don't agree with it. I won't kill myself over this training."

"What do you mean? I thought you knew what it was."

"No mom, I did not know. Dad just said to sign it, so I thought it was a birthday card for Grandma."

"Ranma... Don't worry. I'll tear it up right now. Where are you? I'll come pick you up right away."

"No mom. I want to spend sometime with Dad. I promise, we'll stop by once in a while. It's just important for me to keep training ok?"

"Ok... I'll punish your father when you two get home though."

"Mother! No punishments and no killings. He might have tricked us to get me out here, but... now that I'm here, I understand what I have to do. I love you mom," as Ranma said this, he hung up the phone.

____________________________________

Genma and Ranma looked over the foggy setting and inhaled deeply.

"This Jusenkyo place is really nice boy. Where'd you hear about it?"

"Oh, I found out about it from an old friend."

"Old friend..."

"Let's go!" Ranma said as he ran down the mountain path. Behind him, Genma took his sweet time. After all, a place that interested children couldn't be of any interest to him...

Ranma arrived at the bottom of the valley in record time. Once he was there, he went the to the spring indicated on the map.

'This is it!' he thought as he held his nose and jumped in. The water felt cold against his skin. He came back up, looking the same as when he jumped in, with one difference. His hair was now red. He got out and looked over himself. "Darn it, I thought I'd a bit more different then just my hair... Oh well. Guess boys and girls aren't different at all."

Ranma suddenly had the go to the restroom. He ran until he found a shed.

"Hello! Anyone in there?"

"Aiya, sounds like visitors. Coming!" The Chinese guide opened the door and starred into the air. "That odd. I sure I heard somebody."

"I'm down here!" The guide looked down to see a six year old girl. "Hello little girl."

"I'm a boy."

"Oh, so sorry honorable sirs. What you need?"

"Do you have a restroom mister?"

"Yes, I have one inside. Follow me." The guide lead the six year old to the restroom. Inside, Ranma unzipped his pants and found a mystery waiting for him. "Hello?"

"Yes sirs?"

"I've got a problem."

"What is it?"

"I'm not sure how to go to the bathroom anymore."

"What?" the guide decided this needed investigation. What he saw made him wonder. "Sirs, you no boy, you girl. Why you lie to me?"

"Lie? I didn't lie. I'm a boy. It's missing!"

"Missing?" while the guide was thinking, Ranma began to search his pockets, hoping to find it in there. This caused the map to fall out. "What that?"

The guide picked up the map and starred.

"Hey, that's my map."

"Sir, you no follow this map did you?"

"Yes sir, I did. Right to the spring and I jumped in it," then it struck him. "It did work. I'm a girl! Strange. How do they go to the restroom?" At this question, the guide produced a kettle of hot water and poured it on Ranma.

"There you go sirs. When you done, go to living room. I have call to make."

____________________________

"Honorable Elder Cologne?"

"Speaking."

"Aiya, this is guide of Jusenkyo. I have a problem."

"What is it?" the elder was concerned. It wasn't normal for the guide to bother her.

"I have young boy customer fall in Spring of Drowned Girl. Very tragic. Now when he get wet, he turn into a girl."

"Yes, I know how it works. A young boy? What age?"

"Oh, I say he look about six, but maybe seven."

"Oh my. I'll be right over." she then hung up. 'A child that young will be interesting to raise. Unlike an older person, this child will become truly man and woman when he reaches adulthood. He'll experience both male and female puberty and she knew just going through one was hard enough. He'll need a lot of guidance.'

____________________________


Genma finally got to the bottom. He looked around, hoping to find his son, but there was no sign of him any where. Just then, something caught his attention. The ground was wet near one of the springs, telling him that someone had recently gotten out of it.

He walked over to the spring and looked into it. Just as he was about to continue looking for Ranma, something landed on his head, causing him to fall into the spring. The old lady bouncing on her staff didn't even notice Genma and continued as quickly as she could.

Genma choked on the water that entered his wind pipe as he struggled to get his head above the water. Once he managed to do that, he pulled himself onto the land.

____________________________

"So, this is the child?"

"Yes, honorable Elder. This ones name Ranma Saotome. He tell me while we waited for you."

"Ranma Saotome. How are you Ranma?"

"I'm fine. And yourself?"

"I'm good. Thanks for asking. He has very good manners. I was expecting him to call me 'old ghoul' or 'dried up mummy', but thankfully I was wrong."

"Yes, this one is very well mannered."

"Well child, your going to come with me so I can teach you how to be both a man and a woman. Also, if you'd like, I'll train you in the martial arts."

"That sounds great, but can my dad come with us?"

"Your dad? I'm afraid that's not possible since I'm going to have to punish him for forcing a child to come here."

"He didn't force me. I asked to come here."

"You asked to?"

"Yeah, when I talked to my older self, he said being a girl and being a boy was really fun, so I wanted to do it as soon as I could."

"Interesting," she said. 'Perhaps some therapy might also be in order for this child as well."

"So can my dad come to? Please?" Ranma activated his ultimate weapon. The sad puppy dog eyes. Cologne was helpless and within seconds, agreed. "Yay!"

"Children... They're impossible to say no to."

"I know what you mean honorable elder," the guide said as he shook his head.

"Ranma?" the female voice called out.

"I'm in here,"

"Ranma? I'm coming boy!" Seconds later, a slender female busted through the door.

"Aiya! What you do that for lady?"

"Lady?" she then looked down at herself and screamed. 'Oh my god, it's true. I haven't lost it... I've just lost "It"'

She then passed out as she grabbed herself (think Michael Jackson style...)

"Is she ok?" Ranma asked.

"I think this one also fall in Spring of Drowned Girl. What you think honorable elder?"

"I think your right. Pour some hot water on her to be sure." the guide once again pulled out his kettle and poured the water over the strange woman.

"It's dad!" Ranma cheered. "I didn't know he wanted to be both too..."

____________________________________

"Ranma, this is where you and your father will be staying. I've had the paper work drawn up and from this day, both you and your father are honorary Amazons and Chinese citizens. So all that is left is to begin your training tomorrow morning."

"Ok Cologne."

"Uh, Cologne?" Genma started very nervously.

"Yes, what is it?"

"I just thought you might want to know that Ranma has to be in Nerima when he's 16 for an arranged marriage."

"An arranged marriage? I'm afraid that is now officially canceled. Now, you can leave whenever you want."

"Canceled? You can't do that!"

"Yes I can! Read this!" Cologne handed him a long contract that he forgot he'd signed.

The part she pointed out read simply, "All contracts made by Amazon men may be broken by the Elders. If an Elder chooses to do so, no on may continue with the contract. Violators will be executed."

"Fair enough," Genma said more to himself then anyone around him.

____________________________________

Ranma laid in his bed and starred out the window. He thought about the show and the other two Ranmas he met and wondered how different his life would be from theirs.

"Thank you Grandpa Ranma!" he shouted suddenly and then fell asleep.






(Thanks again for reading. I kept wanting to make this longer, but I figured I had to stop at some point, so if this chapter is well received, the next chapter will continue Chibi-Ranma's story. Otherwise, I'm going to write teenage Ranma's. The reviews and email I get will determine what is to come. Have a great day.)