Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma's child ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
If you think it's a weak plot to have Ranma bearing Ryoga's child, then you're probably not a writer. It took me several months to figure out a realistic way for it to happen. Thanks for my pre-readers, who will be listed here once I'm sure how they want to be listed... Now on with the story.

Chapter 3 version 1.2

Ryoga realized if he didn't ignore the pain in his leg, he'd never be able to feel pain ever again.

"Bakusai Tenketsu!" he shouted as he got up and ran for everything he was worth. His escape was partially covered up by his breaking point. 'Where can I go? Where can I hide?'

Somewhere behind him, a maelstrom of energy was brewing, tearing off pieces of building, street lamps, and any thing not bolted down. Ranma-chan was carefully tracking Ryoga's life force and she was certain she could track him to the ends of the Earth if she had to.

____________________________________


'That back stabbing traitor. I loved him, but I'm just as much a guy as I am the woman that loved him. I wanted him to grow to be a friends when in my male form, but he had to go and mess things up! Now, unless we can find the location of the kettle, this is forever...' Suddenly Ryoga's life force disappeared. "No!"

Ranma-chan started running and soon, she arrived at the last place she was certain Ryoga had been. Instead of finding an explanation, she found nothing but air. Ryoga had vanished without a trace.

"Damn you Ryoga!" She then collapsed and passed out.

_____________________________________

In her dream, she was reliving the day they went to the mushroom temple. They were all so happy. They ate a feast of mushrooms and that's when the trouble began. Some how the guide had messed up. He didn't realize two of the mushrooms were poisonous until it was almost too late. Only Ryoga and her were unaffected.

Or so she thought. She remembered the mushroom priest saying something about a cure to all poisonous mushrooms being located at the top of the hill. So, she took Ryoga with her to the top. During the climb up there, the second poison kicked in. She'd felt herself being drawn to Ryoga. Soon, she'd been unable to see anything but love for him.

By the time they got back to the bottom, the sun had already set, causing the love mushroom's effects to be incurable. Of course, at the time, she was grateful that the guide had recovered enough to give his own antidote to the group. She didn't mind the fact that Ryoga and her had gone to the top of the mountain for nothing. At the time, she was too in love to think of it as a bad thing.

'Why didn't I see it then? Why didn't I realize how the mushrooms had affected me?'

_____________________________________

She woke to a damp feeling on her forehead.

"Ranma, your awake."

"Yeah, sorry to make you worry Akane."

"That's ok...," she said as a tear formed in her eye. "Ranma?"

"Yeah Akane?"

"Why did you get in front me?"

"I didn't want Ryoga to hurt you. He said he'd kill you... Akane... I... "

"Ranma, don't say it. Don't say it now."

"I like you a lot." This caused a mild blush to form on Akane's cheeks. "And if Ryoga had done anything to hurt you, I'd still be out there hunting the bastard down. As it is, I'm going to rest, then I'll track him down."

Thoughts of bloody murder passed through Ranma's mind.

"Ranma, I want you to promise you'll stay here and rest until I get back."

"Huh? Your not going to try anything stupid are you Akane?"

"Ranma!"

"I don't want you goin and tryin to find Ryoga or nothin."

"I won't do that. I promise, I won't do anything to endanger myself."

"Alright, then I promise I'll wait here at the house for you."

_____________________________________

Akane ran as fast as she could. She had to find out what she could about the ladle and the kettle. She remembered Ranma telling her a little bit about when they first got used on her, but nothing that meant anything. Just that one locked the curse and the other unlocked it.

_____________________________________

Ranma-chan heard a familiar crying sound. She got up and followed it down the stairs to the family room. Her mother was there, trying to quiet Ryoko down.

"Mom, she's hungry, not tired," Ranma-chan stated as she took Ryoko and sat next to Nodoka. Once she was comfortable, she pulled up her shirt and let Ryoko begin to feed.

"Ranma, how are you feeling? Akane told me about what happened while you were still unconscious."

"Yeah, that wasn't my idea of a good time...," she said quietly. "Hey mom, I've been meaning to ask you something."

"What's that Ranma?"

"Is it normal for children to have any teeth when they're born?"

"No, not usually. But I you did say that Ryoko's... father," Nodoka almost choked on that word. " Ryoko's father is Ryoga Hibiki right?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, all the Hibiki's I've known are born with the top two fangs. I'm not even sure why. Of course, eventually, you'll have to help her file them down or they'll get too long."

"What? I thought teeth didn't grow like that."

"For some reason, Hibiki fangs do. Of course if you believe all the stories about Hibiki family members, you'd think they all were totally lost all the time. I know that's not true. That nice boy Ryoga had a sister whom I watched over regularly while her parents were lost."

"Ryoga has a sister?"

"Yes and an older brother named... Amawa... at least I think that's what it was."

"Do you remember his sister's name?"

"She was younger then Ryoga... I think her name was... Sakura."

"I wonder why Ryoga never mentioned them before?"

"Probably because they spent most of their time at my house. Their parents never did figure out how to get back here. I didn't mind though. It was nice to have children around the place while you were gone with your father."

"I think I understand mom," Ranma-chan said quietly as she looked down at her child. Ryoko looked so happy as she fed on Ranma's milk bloated breast. It helped her to forget how uncomfortable they were when she thought about how much they seemed to mean to her child. "Mom?"

"Yes Ranma?"

"When I was this age, were you able to tell..."

"If you were hungry? Tired? Needed your dirty diaper changed?" the last part made Ranma-chan blush a bit. "There's nothing to be embarrassed about Ranma. You were a baby back then... And yes, I did. I could hear you cry and I just knew what it was. You grew in my womb and I listened to you every chance I could. I knew you long before you left my body Ranma dear."

_____________________________________






(A note to the general reading public. I lied [or did I?...] I fell in the Spring of Drowned Girl... So now it's really Kevin-chan...

I really have no idea if the things I've written are what mothers feel or not. I don't want to offend the women reading this with false information, so if you see something that doesn't sit well with you, let me know and I'll change it. This is a serious story for me since it involves a character that is special to me.

I'm sure that there is a connection between most mothers and their children. This connection would probably make up for any hardship a woman would go through... at least I think it would. It's painful, it's tiring, and a lot of other things I'm sure, but in the end... you can look your child in the eyes and feel joy at the same time your child does.

Once again, here's hoping to no male pregnancies. I'm sure the women would hate to lose the ability to say, "At least you don't have to give birth."...)