Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ryoga stories ❯ Ryoga's Quest ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
The events of this battle take place after "Ryoga's training". It is however a seperate event.

Chapter 1 version 1.0

"Gollums?" He looked at the rocky foes in front of him. Standing fifteen feet in the air, they threatened to strike at any moment. "You guys don't really want to attack me do you?"

The first of them began to approach.

"Guess that means you don't enjoy life... Bakusai Tenketsu!" He quickly charged the first and pressed the unnatural man's breaking point. As Ryoga's finger struck, the rock man blew into thousands of pieces. "I'm ready for the rest of ya."

Not many men could cause a gollum to react in fear. They began to cower and tremble as Ryoga approached them.

"I've come for the treasure you guard. You should know I don't have any problems with destroying the lot of you to get it."

The gollums quickly lined up against the walls and tried their best to stay clear of the young man. Ryoga didn't pay any attention. They were only the first step to the final destination. The rest would not be so easy.

'Unless their made of stone too... Ha ha ha ha!' Ryoga was suddenly struck by an odd thought. 'When was the last time something really bad has happened to me?'

He thought and thought and nothing seemed to come to mind.

'Could it be?... I've lost my bad luck... Let's see... Haven't turned into a pig in years... No longer getting lost all... and the weight training is finally working. I dare say that... I'm actually happy.'

His delightful thoughts were briefly interrupted by a odd sensation. As he looked behind him, he wondered what could have made the man sized hole in the steel door.

Ryoga took a quick look at his surroundings. A long and dark hallway with the scent of fresh sea water hanging thick in the air. He placed his hand on the wall and it was coated with a warm dew. Before long, he noticed that there was also a smell of moss and mold. The water on the walls had not been disturbed for quiet a while.

The air was warm. As he went farther down the hall, the heat continued to build. It seemed to him that hell it's self was waiting for him at the end. He soon found himself taking each step only after saying a prayer for his soul.

'The legend said it would be hot, but...' He stopped and wiped his brow. 'This is not what I had in mind... '

He soon came to the end of the hall and found a large cavern. The sides had been sanded down and made almost flat.

"Who goes there?"

"I, Ryoga Hibiki! I've come for the treasure!"

"What you seek is not for mortals. Can you prove to me you are worthy?"

"I'll do anything I have to."

"Would you trade your curse for another one?"

"What is this? How'd you know I have a curse?"

"Simply. I am not of this world and I see all that a man is. Your curse will effect your ability to enter. Only humans may go further. Do you want to continue?"

"Yes! I must! I've come to far to quit now!"

"Then from now on, your curse is 'ko'" A light engulfed Ryoga for a brief second.

"Ko?"

"Yes, I think you'll understand later."

"Wait a minute... Couldn't you just remove my curse?"

"Sorry kid, I just don't work that way. Removing curses just doesn't fall under my job description."

"Oh..." Ryoga pondered what his new cursed form was for a second, but decided he'd know when it happened. "What's next!"

"Nothing complicated. Just go through that door."

"That's all?"

"It does weigh over thirty tons, but yes, that's all."

"Thirty tons?"

"It's just another way for you to prove yourself worthy." Ryoga approached the door slowly.

"I'll have to put every bit of energy I have into this!" He took the handle and began to pull. The door responded with a high pitched squeak and a low groan. "I can do this!!!!"

As Ryoga gave a massive tug, the door ripped from it's hinges and began to fall towards Ryoga. He knew he couldn't escape, so he braced himself. As the door made contact with his shoulder, he grunted and pushed upwards. The door's momentum carried it over Ryoga and through the floor.

"My my my. Your stronger then I thought. Nobody has ever opened the door, let alone ripped it off it's hinges. Proceed and claim your reward."

Ryoga stepped through the door. As he did, he saw what he came for. As he approached the book, he began to salivate. The greatest martial art's techniques all written in one easy to carry volume.

"And it's all mine!"

"Not so fast!" Ryoga halted at the sound of the voice. It sounded very familiar.

"Ranma?" At the other side of the chamber, Ryoga realized his worst fear. Somehow, Ranma was here too. "Ranma! You won't take this from me!"

"We'll see about that won't we P-Chan..." Ryoga blocked as he saw Ranma charge him. He felt a hundred fist hit his gut and he flinched. Ryoga countered by pushing both hands in front of himself as fast as he could, causing a massive shockwave. "Ranma, this time I really am going to kill you!"

Ryoga set his umbrella down and then removed his back pack.

"What's this P-Chan? Getting tired already?"

"No, I just figured I could do more damage if all my strength was focused on you instead of my weights. Prepare yourself for death Saotome!" Ryoga focused his energy and began to bulk up.

"What the..." Ryoga smiled as he watched his nemesis step back in horror. "You really think your stronger then me? HA! We are going to finish this Ryoga! And when it's done, you'll never bother my love Akane again!"

'my love Akane? Since when did Ranma ever openly admit his feelings for Akane?' Ryoga eyed Ranma carefully. 'Try this one. Ku Dan!"

Nine life force blast shot from Ryoga's hand towards Ranma.

"Möko Takabisha!" Ranma's blast was strong as always, but it only stopped two of Ryoga's balls of energy. "Ah!"

"Saotome. Either your getting slow or your lying to me." Ryoga charged in fast and punched Ranma across the face. "These aren't even my best move Ranma and your just taking them. Not to mention, a lot of damage with each hit you take."

Ranma was beginning to look frayed around the edges. Ryoga was certain this person couldn't be the real Ranma. The real one would have dodged the power blast instead of blocking them.

"That all you got Ryoga! It's my turn!" Ryoga prepared himself once again to block Ranma's attack. He began to feel thousands of punches on his defense. Only, the punches were barely punches. More like taps. Ryoga began to charge his chi into his arms and prepared for a finishing move.

"Ryuu Mochi!" A massive energy shot from his arms and formed into a dragon's hand. The hand quickly grabbed Ranma and raised him above the floor. "How do you like that move? I just created it. Now tell me who you are and I'll spare you."

"I'm the guy you have to defeat to get that book!" Ranma looked like he was about to free himself.

"I don't think so." Ryoga closed his hand a little more and the dragon hand responded with more pressure on Ranma. "You aren't Ranma that's for sure. Even though I've gotten more powerful then we used to be, I certain Ranma's been doing the same. Your just too... weak to be him!"

"You jerk, when I get free, I'm gonna make you regret those words!"

"No, you imposter! Your not going to get free." Ryoga squeezed his hand all the way causing a sickening sound of bone and flesh being crushed. "What a way to die. Pretending to be Ranma."

"You may now take your prize young one. I hope it was worth the pain."

"Yeah, I do too." Ryoga took the book and made his way out of the damp dungeon.