Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chances ❯ I'll See That You Win ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Second Chances

Chapter 13 - I'll See That You Win

By Lord Archive

Characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi, Viz Video, and several other companies and are used without consent. I'll return them... I just need to get Urd to send them back into time....

"Ranma!" Akane yelled and grabbed a man with red hair.
He looked at her, confused. "Oro?"
"Kenshin! Who is she?!"
"Oro!"
"You're not Ranma." Akane let go of him.
"Oops, over did it. Bye." Urd left 19th century Japan.

--------------------

"Hey, Akane!" Yuka called. "Hear you're going to represent us at the gymnastics meet."

"Afraid not," Akane replied while raising her injured arm. "Hurt my arm."

"Oh, no. Who will represent our school?" Sayuri asked.

"I've found a replacement, but I can't say who."

Sayuri nodded. "So, Akane, mind telling us why you've been avoiding us?"

Akane took a step back. "I haven't been avoiding you. I've been busy."

"I'm sure you've been REAL busy with Ranma." Yuka leaned towards Akane. "You're going to have to tell us ALL about him. Especially about WHERE he sleeps at night."

Akane blushed. "We haven't done anything yet."


"SAOTOME! You foul sorcerer. Have at thee!" Kuno bellowed, rushing at Ranma.

"What is it this time?" Ranma asked jumping over the kendoist.

"You dare strike my sister! I shall see you dead!" Kuno began his patterned strike.

Ranma was about to dodge when a ribbon wrapped around his upper body.

"I did not believe Tatewaki when he spouted about your sorcery. But now I know it to be true." Kodachi held the ribbon tight.

Ranma leapt up and flipped behind Kodachi.

"Coward! You dare hide behind my sister! To deceive me with you magic!" Kuno snarled in rage. "Face the wrath of the heavens!"

As Kuno approached, Ranma launched a round-housed kick to his face. Tatewaki tumbled across the ground and knocked Kodachi's legs out from under her.

Ranma quickly used the slack of the ribbon and released himself.

"Do not think we are finished yet!" Kuno growled.

"I will see to it that you don't make a mockery of rhythmic gymnastics martial arts." Kodachi launched a pair of clubs at Ranma.

Ranma grabbed the clubs and brought both down on Kuno as he had charged behind his sister's attack. Ranma followed through with a kick and the elder Kuno fell to the ground.

"You have won this round, peasant, but you will not defeat the Black Rose." Kodachi laughed as she leapt away.

Akane walked up to Ranma. "Guess she spied on us last night."

Ranma shrugged. "I guess."

The students at Furinkan were amazed and shocked at what they heard.

"Ranma attacked Kuno's sister?" "Kuno has a sister?" "Damn, she looked good." "Kodachi spied on Ranma and Akane?" "Wish I could spy on those two at night."

--------------------

"Akane, what are you doing?!" Kasumi called out in shook.

Akane stopped and looked at her sister, confused. "I was just going through a kata."

"But Akane, Dr. Tofu said you had to be careful."

"I am being careful. The kata I'm doing is a left-handed one. It's designed to protect the right arm if it is injured."

"Oh, okay. But don't over do it. You did lose a lot of blood last night." Kasumi's voice shook with concern.

"I will." Akane continued to practice next to the koi pond, since Ranma was using the dojo. She pushed herself. Trying to make her movements faster. She kept an eye on the clock in the family room. She would start the kata as the clock clicked to the next minute and tried to finish it before it had clicked two more minutes. She was once pleased she could even do the kata and it took her about four minutes to complete it, but now she was upset it took her almost three minutes to finish it.

--------------------

A figure approached in the dark. The victim seemed to sleep innocently, but the figure doubted there was any innocence to... that person, if it was a person.

Ranma rolled over as the figure attempted to stab him with a spiked club. Again and again Ranma would just move out of the way as he was attacked.

"You dare mock me," Kodachi growled.

The door slid open and a panda stood at the door. [Excuse me.] He flipped the sign after noticing the weapon. [What are you doing?]

"You must be the sorcerer's familiar. I shall have to remove you too." Kodachi charged, the club poised to strike.

Genma may have instilled Ranma with the philosophy of 'you don't hit girls,' but like most of the things he spouted at Ranma- he didn't subscribe to it personally. Genma swatted Kodachi with his sign and she flew out the window. He then waddled over to the window, shut it and jammed it closed. No sense in having her wake him up if she came back.

--------------------

Kodachi stood before her teammates. She was still sweating after a vigorous workout from fighting all of them at once. Her sweat caused some of the make up she wore to run, revealing a bruise on the side of her face and another on her chin. "I need to get better, and none of you are any help. This weekend we will face Furinkan and the sorcerer Saotome refuses to fall before the match. We will need to use every trick in the book and invent more to defeat his magic."

"But if this Saotome fellow is a guy, how can he be competing?" a girl asked.

"Did you pay attention? He is a sorcerer! He practices magic and can change his form into that of a girl. However, there is a way to reveal his true nature." Kodachi held up a teakettle. "Hot water breaks his spell and returns him to his male body. We will use that weakness to defeat him as it will disqualify him."

The girls looked at each other. Without a word, they agreed on the same thing. Kodachi had gone from being eccentric to full-blown loony.

--------------------

"You both now the rules. Shake hands and begin."

Ranma's opponent pulled out a squirt gun and fired.

"Whatcha do that for?!" Ranma growled angrily.

The referee glared at Furinkan's representative. "All attacks are legal as long as you don't physically come in contact with your opponent. If that had been hot water, you would've forfeited the match."

"Akane, this is ridiculous."

"It is not! Kodachi knows about your hot water 'problem.' She will use that knowledge to make sure you lose. Even if she didn't know, you would still need to learn to avoid Kodachi's tricks. She takes the rules of Rhythmic Gymnastics Martial Arts _very_ loosely and adheres only to the letter of it. A spiked club is not against the rule, she can use that weapon during the match."

Ranma rolled her eyes. "Yeah. Yeah. Whatever."

"Don't 'whatever' me!" Akane yelled. "I'm trying to help you!"

"She can't be that bad."

"NOT THAT BAD?!" Akane rolled up her sleeve. "Thanks to her ambush, I might have a permanent scar." She pointed at Ranma's second. "Yume is still walking with a limp from when Kodachi attacked her." She waved her arm towards Ryoga's second. "Ayashi has to wear make up to cover up bruises on her face. Kodachi is worse than bad!"

Ranma was looking down. "Um, Akane."

"What?" she snarled.

"Ryoga got wet."

Akane looked down and noticed that among Ryoga's clothes and the piglet was a leaking water gun. She sheepishly glanced at the seconds who were staring at the pig in shock. "Ranma, help Ryoga. I'll explain this to them."

"Whatever." Ranma picked up Ryoga and his clothes and walked off.

Akane sighed, her anger turning into nervousness. She had warned the two girls from the gymnastics team that while helping train Ranma for the match that they might see some things that defied logic. Akane had foolishly hoped it would only be Ranma and Ryoga's skill, but should've known Jusenkyo would have its own say.

--------------------

Ranma waited for Ryoga to get dressed to make sure he didn't get lost. She sighed wondering how she could forget what Kodachi did to Akane. Well, not forget but not giving it proper consideration. She had received a lot of injuries over the years, and if she held a grudge for every person who ever hit her- she'd be going around Japan like Ryoga seeking hollow revenge. But this was different since Kodachi hurt Akane and her fight with Kodachi had yet to take place. She should take Akane's advice more seriously... even if she hated to be taught by someone who wasn't as good as her.

"Akane sure seems to know a lot about Kodachi," Ryoga said as he approached Ranma.

"Well, Akane was the local champion before I got here. She's would have to know about her competition."

"I guess. Ready for round two?"

"Sure."

Ryoga smirked as he followed Ranma into the gym.

--------------------

"All right. Let's try this again."

Again, instead of shaking Ranma's hand Ryoga fired the squirt gun. Ranma flipped away and called for a ball. Yume failed to throw the ball with enough strength. Ranma scrambled to get it.

Ryoga took advantage of Ranma's momentary distraction and fired.

Yume felt a few drops of warm water hit her and watched in amazement as Furinkan's replacement turned into Akane's fiancee. She gasped, not from the shock of finding out that Ranma has a Jusenkyo curse like Ryoga, but that he was wearing a leotard. She got a good idea about what certain parts of his anatomy looked like that only Akane should know about.

Ranma was experiencing a wedgy the likes of which would give nightmares.

Akane quickly called Ayashi for a ball. She whipped it at Ranma and the ball exploded showering cold water onto him.

Ranma was relieved and readjusted the leotard.

Yume felt disappointed and blushed at her thoughts.

Ryoga sensed incoming doom as Akane was glaring at him.

Akane was tempted to beat up Ryoga, but knew that would be pointless. He was a walking tank even before the Bakusai Tenketsu training. "As you can see, Ranma also has a Jusenkyo curse. This allows him to enter the gymnastics match, unfortunately the rules do state only girls can compete so any hot water that hits him will cause him to be disqualified."

Ranma scowled angrily at Ryoga. "Please keep this a secret. I don't want everyone to know I can turn inta a girl."

The seconds nodded, but both knew they had to tell their friends about this.

--------------------

Author's Notes:

Hoped to have this out sooner, but I had wanted to have a rough draft of chapter 14 done by the time I sent this out. However, the muse moves in mysterious ways since I'm almost done with The Insanity Continues Vol 4 chapter 3. I need a couple more scene ideas to finish it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Time period of TIC v4 c3 is Thursday after school to Friday end of school.
Plot lines:
Nabiki druming up business for Ukyou's.
Prinicpal Kuno attempting to get any student to wear a Hawaiian school uniform.
Kodachi chasing Gosunkugi or Daisuke or new crush
Suitors attempts to woe Ukyo
Suitors attempts to beat Shampoo
Akane dealing with 'Morning Sickness'
Hinako chasing after Soun.