Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Soun's interview ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
So, what can I do for you gentlemen? Your here to interview me about my daughter, Ryotori? This is for her entrance to the International Martial Arts league? My little girl?


* tape stops to let Mr. Tendo come back to himself. *

Sorry about that. Yes, I am very proud of my daughter. She's been training since could walk and everyone's helped out. Even Master Happousai and Cologne put in time to help her. You want me to start at the beginning? Well. A long time ago, the Earth was barren rock and God said...

Oh, just Ryotori's beginning. Silly me...

Well, she is my daughter. Her mother is my lovely wife, Hinako Hinoyima is her mother. I started dating Hinako about nineteen years ago. Our dating lasted about three years before we tied the knot and married. A year later, our daughter was born.

I was amazed at how her strength quickly increased. Before long, she was ready to begin training in our families martial arts style.

How old was she? I'd say no more then a year and a half.

I know, doesn't seem possible. I still can't believe it myself. Dr. Tofu thinks it has something to do with her mother's special body. It turns out, he was right. Ryotori has displayed a similar ability with her body as well.

Well, when she works out and burns away her energy, her body begins to get younger. As she rebuilds her energy, her body returns to a sixteen year olds.

Not really. When you live here, you see much stranger things then that. Men that turn into pandas, boys that turn into girls, and much more.

Yeah, I still don't want to believe it, but it's true. Every word of it.

Well, back when she was two and a half, a friend of my daughters ex stopped by the house. He'd been gone for about ten years, so I had to fill him in. While he was here, he gave my daughter an umbrella he'd hidden in the furo. The umbrella was very heavy. I know since I tried to put it away one day. Nearly broke my back moving it.

Every year or so, he'd return to give her a heavier one. Now if I find it laying around, I just scold her and tell her to put it away. Beats trying to move it myself I tell you.

Every year since she started training, she would try a different style. One year she studied Kempo. The next it was Kendo. She's even done Jujitsu and Ninjitsu. There are a lot of other styles, but I'm proud to say she never stopped training in the Anything Goes style. What a little girl. She makes her father so proud.

* tape stops again as Soun begins to cry. Hinako comes in and tries to cheer him up. *

So, where we?

You want to know who her main teachers were? Well, there's me, Soun Tendo. My master also did some of the training. His name is Happousai. Also, a Cologne was also nice enough to help out. One year, there was an odd fellow who stopped by and trained her for about a year. I don't remember his name, but it was Son something. Nice young man. Very odd though. He liked to dye his hair blond. I only wish he could have skipped that flying lesson...

Yes, flying. For the longest time, Ryotori was always zipping around. It took a lot of pleading to get her to walk like a normal person. I happen to know she still flies quiet a bit though.

Well, I'm afraid I have to going. I hope you've got everything you need. If not, I'd be happy to do another session. Have a nice day.