Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ The Ryoga 1/2 Chronicles ❯ Reasons ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ryoga 1/2 Chronicles

[3]. Reasons.

Ryoga sat on the porch of the Tendo household and stared at the Koi pond as the afternoon heat beat down on him. Genma had left that morning to take Ranma's body home and the rest of the day had seemed to pass by like treacle through a sieve. Ryoga new Akane had spent the day in her room crying and Kasumi had been fusing over her father who seemed as depressed as Akane but Ryoga guessed it wasn't just Ranma's death that had affected him, everything he'd planned for the future had been taken away and maybe worst of all to him, he lost his closest friend. Though he and Genma had had the occasional disagreement or squabble it had always been forgotten afterwards but now Soun was just sitting in front of his old shogi board and looking at nothing giving the occasional sigh. The only member of the household who was missing was Nabiki, she'd taken off a few minutes after Genma left and Ryoga hadn't seen her all day, he'd always slightly suspected she'd had a soft spot for Ranma though she wouldn't admit it and that Nabiki had gone somewhere private to shed her tears.

Ryoga's biggest problem however seemed to be where he should go now, he had promised Ranma to look after Akane as long as she needed him but he wasn't sure if he should tell her or Soun this. He couldn't very well just ask them if he could sty either, Ranma had only been living there because of his engagement to Akane but Ryoga had no reason.

He shook his head in a vain attempt to clear his thoughts but it didn't work so he decided to try a little martial arts practice instead. He stood up and took a ready battle stance then began to go through the motions of his moves. It took him a moment to realise not all the moves were his, he stopped and searched his mind going through all the attacks and blocks, counters and special attacks he knew. It was quickly apparent his personal database of moves had increased dramatically to include everything Ranma had known. The detail was amazing, not only could he execute each move perfectly but he found he knew the strengths and weaknesses of each and not only that but also the strengths and weaknesses of his own moves, the subtle mistakes that had kept is fighting style flawed.

Of course all this basic attack and defence stuff became forgotten when he realised the secret of the Kachu Tenshin Amaguriken, that there in his mind was the technique he had longed for, that he had burned his hands so badly so many times trying to learn.

"Kachü Tenshin Amaguriken!" Ryoga bellowed as he tested the move, he smiled a wide grin, truly Ranma had left him an incredible gift and he knew it was for one reason only. To ensure he could defend Akane no matter what happened. He wouldn't let him down, Akane would be safe with him and maybe she would come to love him as she had so secretly loved Ranma. Ryoga shook this last thought from is head, it was the wrong time for that. He knew his love had not diminished any less for Akane, in fact he was sure it had grown and he wondered again how much of Ranma had been left in him but even so it was defiantly not the time to start thinking about any kind of relationship with her.

A soft footfall behind him indicated someone had just landed in the garden and was trying not to be noticed.

"Ukyo, why are you being so cautious." He turned round to see her standing behind him a look of complete surprise on her face.

"How did you know it was me?"

"I don't know, it just one of the things Ranma left me." Ukyo gave him a quizzical look.

"What do you mean, one of the things he left you?" Ryoga debated briefly how much to tell her but decided everything would be best, she'd only find out later, possible at a bad time.

"When Ranma died, not all of him left this world. He left me some of his memories including all of his moves and some other stuff and he also left me with this." Ryoga walked over to the Koi pond and stepped in. A moment later his female alternate clambered out and made her way back to Ukyo whose mouth dropped open in surprise.

"Why did he give you his curse.?"

"I wondered that for a while but I think it was for the same reason he left me everything else. He made me promise to look after Akane and now I know all his moves I can see just how powerful his female form made him. Apart from removing the whole moral issue of not hitting a girl he did get much faster and more agile and of course there's the distraction element too." She said, trying to reorganise her shirt which from certain angles now seemed less than adequate coverage for her figure.

"I see." Ukyo replied, unsuccessfully trying not to sound overly disappointed. "So you're going to stay here at the Tendo's then?"

"Well, I would but I don't think I really have a right to, I mean it's not like I'm engaged to her or anything, besides I have no income or anything, I'd just be freeloading and it's not like they have a lot of money coming in, the dojo has operated properly for years."

"Well, why don't you offer to start it up again? Without Ranma it's gonna be a lot less hectic round here, if you're so skilled now you could teach people, that would bring money in for the family and allow you to pay your rent." Ukyo smiled and cocked her head to one side. "What do you think?" She turned round to look behind her before she continued. "Of course, you could always come and stay with me, I mean I'm all alone in that shop and I can always…" She looked round to Ryoga again only to find he'd gone. "I guess not then. Humph, I should have suggested my place first. Well I'd better get back to the restaurant. The Ramin won't cook itself." And with that she left over the wall and off down the street.

Meanwhile in the Tendo residence Ryoga stood before Soun and waited for his answer. He looked up at the female Ryoga and gave a half smile, the first anyone had seen since Ryoga had returned with Ranma's body.

"You say Ranma made you promise to look after my dear Akane?"

"Yes sir. It was his dying wish and I will honour it." Soun nodded.

"You are a noble boy and I see Ranma did care for my daughter. You know you've been around so long now you are as much part of the family as Ranma was. If you wish to stay with us, you are welcome to, it wouldn't be the same with out you."

"And the dojo." If you truly have Ranma's knowledge of the Anything goes school of martial arts, then you will be an excellent teacher."

"Thank you sir." Ryoga bowed to Soun. "I think I should go talk to Akane and let her know, I think she should know what I have told you."

"Yes defiantly. Tell her and maybe later we could have a game of Shogi?" He looked up hopefully at Ryoga.

"I would enjoy that sir." And with that Ryoga bowed again and left."

*

Some distance from the Tendo house in the Neko Hanten, Cologne sat listening intently to what Shampoo was saying.

"So, Ryoga transferred part of his spirit to Ryoga, that is very interesting granddaughter."

"Yes, when I heard what Ryoga was saying to spatula girl I came home right away. I know this is big news but what does it mean exactly."

"I don't know child, it depends how Ranma did this. There are some very ancient techniques developed by the earliest masters to transfer ones soul and memories to another. It was their attempt at immortality but they never worked the way they were supposed to that's why they were forgotten for so long. I can't imagine where he learned the technique unless Happosie was maybe in possession of a scrolls with details of how to use but if he really use one then even I underestimated how powerful he'd become."

"So does this mean part of Ranma is still alive?" Shampoo seemed to become slightly more alert.

"Not just part my child. It is possible that his whole spirit is still intact locked inside Ryoga's body."

"So we can bring Ranma back great grandmother?"

"No, unfortunately the technique is irreversible, once a spirit leaves the body it can not return as the body stops working but this will certainly make things interesting round here. If Ranma is in Ryoga then his own personality could surface at any time. Ranma might not be totally gone forever after all. Cologne scratched her chin thoughtfully as Shampoo tried to figure everything out in her head.

"So does this mean I'm engaged to Ryoga now?" Cologne thought.

"Well, with Ranma's skill and Ryoga's strength, your children would have wonderful potential. Maybe pursuing this new Ryoga might not be such a bad idea."

"Mmm, for a date with Ryoga, what should I wear?"

In the background Mousse stood and listened to the conversation. Just when he thought he had got Shampoo to himself, this happens. Obviously Soatome was still a problem when dead though now it seemed the Hibiki boy was the problem. He would have to be dealt with but carefully. If he was as powerful as Cologne said he would truly be dangerous. Mousse retreated into his private room in the rear of the shop to scheme and make his plan.

"I will have Shampoo for my bride, who ever I have to take care off.