Resident Evil Series Fan Fiction ❯ Cage and Clip the Wings ❯ Stricken and Can't Let You Go ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Cage and Clip the Wings Ch. 3: Stricken and Can't Let You Go


Chris had fallen asleep quite quickly afterward as well, his body locked in the post-orgasmic bliss. He wasn't even aware of the fact that the other had gotten up the next morning, because he was sleeping so soundly. It was only when he returned to the room that Chris noticed him. His eyes opened slowly, coming to the sight of what appeared to be a very sick Albert Wesker. And he seemed a bit more...pudgy. Not that Chris was going to blurt that aloud. By the look on his face, Wesker had already noticed that part. "You don't look like you're feeling well." Chris spoke in a monotone voice. "Don't puke on me." His carelessness was mostly out of sleepiness and he was still somewhat taken aback about what had happened last night.

Wesker returned, his face rather red. gI won't...h He whimpered softly and looked into the other's eyes, falling onto the bed beside him. gFuck I feel awful.h The blonde stated and rested his head next to the other's. The now protruding belly made it hard for him to get comfortable, but he tried to anyway.

Hmm." Chris wondered aloud, letting the other slip close to him. He liked the warmth around him, even if it was a little...chubbier than usual. It still felt nice, even though Chris had never seen his former Captain with a belly like that. "Guess you're pregant." He joked, lying on his side facing away from the other. And then it hit him. His eyes snapped open. It couldn't be possible, could it? After all, Wesker was a man, and men didn't get pregnant? But the morning sickness, the belly, it all added up. Quickly, he rolled over to face Wesker with wide eyes, demanding, "You're not pregnant." "I think I'm going to be a mommy... and you're the daddy." He teased and nuzzled him lovingly. His face was hot from the sickness as he cuddled the soldier. "Though me as a mother seems a bit strange, don't you think?" Wesker brought their hands together, wanting the other to touch his belly. "I kind of want it to be a girl..." He said, "But if its a boy, I want it to be strong and handsome just like you..." Wesker smiled sweetly. "If it's a girl... maybe she'll have my hair, your pretty eyes..."
Chris' hand jerked away from the other's stomach, but he quickly gave an apologetic look as he continued. "Wesker. You're not pregnant." He got up from the bed, trying to convince himself of the very thing he was saying. "You're a man. Men don't get pregnant. Sperm plus sperm does not equal baby." Apparently it did, though. What else explained the sudden change in Wesker? He certainly seemed excited about it, but this just meant more confusion. If Chris ever did accept something like this, it would be a long time.

"But Chris..." He rubbed his eyes sadly and looked into the other's eyes. "I think it might have something to do with the fact that I'm not completely human..." Wesker cried, getting up to dry heave over the toilet. He gripped the seat of the toilet and sobbed, the empty vomit hurting him more. He crumpled over in pain and whimpered lovingly. "Ugggh... it hurts..." he rubbed his eyes and went to the kitchen to get something to eat so that he wouldn't heave anymore. He grabbed bag of chips and ate them quickly, his stomach not hurting quite as bad now.
"You're whining a lot." Chris grumbled, scratching his hair. Come to think of it, it could be very possible, given that Wesker wasn't human. Still, he couldn't get used to the thought of being the father of another man's baby. This was just too weird... "Here." He finally grumbled, pouring the other some milk. "Always settles my stomach." He still had that same apathetic look on his face, but the gesture, giving something to help Wesker, proudly proclaimed otherwise. He held the glass out toward the other with a blush on his face, looking anywhere but at Wesker.
"... </3 Chris..." The blonde grumbled when the other made the comment about him whining. He didn't like that one bit. When he was offered the milk, he took it and drank quickly to wash down the taste of the cheddar flavored chips. "Thank you..." He responded and went to give the other an affectionate nuzzle. Wesker took the other's hand into his own and placed them on the bump. "...is it really that bad..." He asked, looking straight into Chris's blue eyes, smiling at him, rather than his usual smart ass smirk. "To bring new life to the world...?" He titled his head up to the other.
The blush that was on Chris' face deepened. "Y-You're delusional or something." He commented stubbornly. "I've never seen this side of you before. I kind of half expected you to rip the thing from your stomach in nothing flat." It just went to show how much Chris didn't know about Wesker. "I guess I could get used to it." He finally said, gave the stomach a gentle pat, and walked off. He seemed bitter, but so much had changed, and now, there was no way out, for sure.
"I am not delusional..." He frowned at the other's apparent stubbornness. "I'm rather proud of what you and I have made..." The half zombie's eyes were heavy lidded with love and his sleepiness. "I hope you do..." He replied tenderly, not wanting the other to be upset. Wesker unlike his normal self went about cooking for Chris and himself. It had been a while since he had actually touched the oven in the little appartment he had set up in the area. He planned on something simple, but still extravagant enough to fill Chris up. "Bacon and eggs... the breakfast of a true champion." He chuckled to himself and got to work.
"Me too." Chris answered. He really hoped he'd get used to this kind of situation. Right now, he felt like he was tiptoeing around everything that was happening. Being the father to another man's kid just seemed so...weird. Then again, it wasn't surprising. That was what he got for sleeping with a half-zombie like Wesker. He wouldn't deny it, though. It had felt good. Chris adored Wesker, but love...? He just didn't know yet.
And then the smell of breakfast wafted in.

Wesker brought in a tray with food for Chris, feeling bad about getting knocked up. He knew not all of it was his fault, but he still played a role in it. "Good morning... here's breakfast." He smiled, setting the tray down on Chris's lap. "I hope it's all right. I haven't cooked in a long time..." He used to cook when he was working for S.T.A.R.S. but hadn't found the time to do so since he left. Wesker hoped that Chris still enjoyed his cooking...

Chris wasn't quite sure how things had gotten this way. It had all happened so fast, ever since that day years ago. Chris wasn't necessarily cursing himself for letting it happen, but it was definitely hard to get used to. Sure, he'd had a simple crush on his former captain back in S.T.A.R.S., but Wesker had betrayed him and killed many before him. He'd made Jill do horrible things, and he shouldn't have been forgiven. But still, Chris couldn't stop himself from enjoying the other's presence. Quietly, he thanked Wesker for the food and started eating it, his eyes on the floor. He was still pretty unsure as to how he should be reacting to this whole situation.
Wesker looked at the other, hurt apparent in those orange eyes. "Why are you so quiet...?" He frowned a little, hands resting on the bump beneath his shirt. "Am I that bad... I mean... doesn't everyone deserve someone else..." He touched his belly sadly and looked to the floor, poking at his own food. He despised the fact the other male was so... silent. Even though that was the way he himself operated with work, He didn't want his love life to be like that too...

Chris listened to Wesker, his attention still firmly on the ground. He was supposed to be killing the man now. He should've had a knife embedded in the tyrant's skull by now and been on his way to a normal life with no fear. So why hadn't he done so yet? Was he really going to let a crush get in the way of everything? "You've done a lot of shit, Wesker." He didn't mean to sound so cold, but he couldn't stop himself. He knew it was going to cause some tension, but maybe they needed a little tension. They hadn't even talked this fucked-up relationship through. "It's not easy for me to just accept it."
His heart sank to the bottom of his chest. "I did it all for you!" He exclaimed wiping his tearing eyes. "I've always been horrible with expressing myself..." Wesker crossed his hands over his belly, now feeling vunerable for the first time... in a long time. "I just..." He looked down, expecting the other to bite his head off.
Chris rolled his eyes, the frustration awakening within him once more. "Wesker." He stood up, but kept his distance to prevent himself from beating the shit out of the blonde. For some reason, now that the other was pregnant, it was harder for him to bring himself to hurt him. "You're responsible for the death of my team. You killed Sheva. You could've killed Jill. Do you expect me not to be angry?" His eyes were pretty much white hot with anger by now. It took everything in his ability to hold himself back.
"... I know... I'm a horrible person..." He looked down, stepping toward the other, pulling the knife from off of his night stand. "Just end me now..." He stated. "Stab me in the heart... drag it right through and down." Wesker held it. "Because if you don't, I'll do it myself." He stared into the other's eyes. "I hate that I've made you miserable... if I'm not here... you won't be like this."
"Shut up." Chris growled, stalking toward Wesker and tearing the knife from his hand, tossing it aside. "You shouldn't have done this shit if you knew you couldn't live with the guilt." His voice was rough with anger, but in all actuality, he didn't want Wesker to die. He was all he had left... "You've got another life to support, now." He continued harshly, motioning down to Wesker's stomach. "Don't kill this one, too." With that, he stormed back into the kitchen to fix him something to drink. Wesker had given him that look again. Those eyes were heartbreaking and Chris always melted before them. It was the number one reason he went into the kitchen. He didn't want to break down. He wanted the other to know how much he'd been hurting. It seemed he'd succeeded. Was everything okay now?
Wesker felt undeserving at the way the other had just motioned and called their child just 'life' and retrieved the knife off of the floor. "I'm a fool..." He whispered, plunging it into the center of his heart. Blood spattered onto the floor in front of his as he fell to the floor. He wasn't worthy of baring a child for Redfield. He was a filthy cold hearted killer... "I don't deserve you..." He whispered, trailing the knife lower, almost to where the baby was already developing.
"Fuck!" Chris was standing in the doorway when he noticed what Wesker was doing. "You idiot! Didn't you just listen to what I told you!?" He seized the knife from behind and glared at it, then tossed it aside once more, ignoring the blood that was starting to coat his hands and arms. "I get it, okay?" Chris was shaking. He just realized how afraid he was of losing the other. "I fucking get it. You regret your actions. Okay. Just...stop..." Slowly and nervously, the brunette wrapped his arms around the other's body from behind.
He began to sob, much unlike himself as he looked at Chris. "I don't deserve you..." He whispered clinging to Redfield for dear life. There was now another huge gaping gash on his chest to add to the one's tyrant had left so long ago. "I'm sorry..." He rubbed his eyes pathetically. He fell limp in the other's arms from loss of blood, a bit light headed from it all.

"Just shut up..." Chris grumbled weakly, his body still trembling a bit from the shock. But it was probably nothing compared to the pain Wesker was feeling. "You almost killed our baby, you idiot." Even though his words were insulting, the tone in his voice was soft and loving as he lifted Wesker up and urged him to the bathroom to take care of the wound. He knelt before the other as he worked to clean up the wound. He needed to stitch it up before Wesker lost too much blood and both himself and the baby ended up dead. "Wesker." Chris spoke, watching the blonde in concern. "Wesker. Speak to me. I need you to stay awake." He needed to keep the other conscious, lest he fall asleep and never wake up, and at this point, Chris wasn't sure he could handle that.
Wesker looked at Chris hazily. "Still here..." He whispered softly, looking at the other, his clothing drenched with red. The cleaning crew would have a field day with this. The blonde did what he could to fight the sleepiness that was trying to fall upon him. "So tired..." His skin was cold against Chris's as he looked up at the ceiling then back to the brunette.
"You're really reckless, you know that?" Chris spoke aloud as he stripped the bloodstained clothing from Wesker's body. He needed to stop the bleeding, so he quickly got to work with stitching the wound. That was one good thing about a guy like Wesker's house. It was loaded with hospital-grade medical supplies. Chris trusted himself with simple injection, so he gave a bit of anesthetic to numb the pain, then started to work on the stitching. Once he was finished, he knelt next to Wesker and wrapped an arm around the other's waist, taking one of Wesker's arms and holding it over his shoulder. "Let's go to bed. I'm going to get you something to drink so your body can get to making some more blood."
Wesker made it through no problem, but collapsed onto the bed once Chris got him. "Thank you for putting up with me..." He whispered softly and kissed the other before he left him on the bed. The blonde was now topless and laying alone on his mattress, rubbing his bump lovingly. "Now if he'd love it a bit more..." He told himself softly. If Chris loved him as much as Wesker loved him, he'd have it made. For some reason in his mind, he still doubted this. Chris was still cold, even though his icy heart had melted, quite literally to a point.

Chris returned with a glass of water. He handed it to Wesker, then scooted back onto the bed, taking a seat next to the blonde. "Drink all of it if you can." He pleaded softly, then scooted closer and moved himself into a lying-down position, his hand gingerly checking the newly-dressed and stitched wound on Wesker's front. "You made me realize something by doing that." Chris spoke, letting out a sigh. "I'm not too terribly good with words or anything, so bear with me." He stumbled over his words, despite how comfortable he was holding the other close and offering some body warmth. "I can't lose you. Don't try something like that ever again." He let out a sigh, then gave the other a soft kiss. "I love you, okay?"
He drank as much water as he could and then curled up against Chris, enjoying the warmth that the other was trying to share with him. "Thank you for saving me Chris..." He whispered with a smile on his face. It was weak, but genuine. "I promise I won't try that again..." He whispered, bringing the other's hands to rest on his belly. "I just want to have a regular... well... slightly regular life... and a family..." Wesker admitted shyly, exposing more of his feelings to the brunette. "I love you too..." he responded and held the other's hand.
"Okay..." Chris decided aloud. "Then, let's do that." Maybe the baby would be just the thing to seal the deal in Chris' mind. Out of natural instinct, he was already growing attached to the baby that he'd helped to create, and if Wesker could give him something like that, he was sure that he could forgive. He was sure that he could finally accept his feelings.
"That makes me so happy..." He replied with a smile and held his lover's hands tightly, pressing them to his buldging belly. "What should we name it?" Wesker asked, tilting head up cutely to look directly into Chris's eyes. His heart beat gently, still sore from the stabbing it recieved earlier. It was strange... how than man he swore to hate, became the object of all of his want.
Chris didn't understand it, either. But in order to forgive, one needed to forget, and that was what he proceeded to attempt to do. "I'm not sure." He answered thoughtfully, his hand now comfortably resting on the other's belly. "But I can't wait until it's born. Do you think it'll be a girl or a boy?" Chris never thought he'd be so glad that Wesker was still alive.

-Ch. 3 End-