Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ A Proposal Of Marriage ❯ Chapter 3 [Lemon] ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warning: There is a lemon towards the end of this chapter. Please skip it if you do not feel comfortable reading scenes like that. I hope you do enjoy the rest of this chapter. [A lemon is a story that contains sex scenes. I'm not bothering to say that you should be 18 to be reading such a thing because I'm not 18 and I wrote it. I'm not forcing you to read it; in fact I just wanted to warn everyone. There is another version of this chapter that doesn't contain the scene so if you don't feel comfortable with scenes that contains sex in it, just switch to that one.]

A Proposal Of Marriage

Chapter 3

Mia bit back the urge to scream and kick the chit from this house. Straightening her back and lifting her head up, she slowly descended the stairways, just as three more male figures entered the house, followed closely by several footmen carrying boxes and other such things. One good thing was that the rooms had been redecorated the week before. Things still needed little tweeks here and there, but she hoped no one would notice. "Hello," She greeted.

Sage snapped his head up, as if he had not expected she would still be up [it was an ungodly hour]. "Hello," He responded while turning around to hand Lady Moresby's coat to George, he was helped out of his own coat. As he faced, her, he smiled congenially and gestured toward Lady Moresby. "Mia, this is Lady Moresby, Lady Moresby, this is my wife, Lady Mia Date, Countess of Wensworth,"

"How do you do," Both women greeted each other.

"Tell me Mia, may I call you Mia? I am terribly tired and my back aches so much. Might I chance ask if you could perhaps…give me your most comfortable bed?" Lady Moresby spoke, her voice tittering.

"You might like our Bluebell Room, I just had the bed replaced last week," Mia gestured for nearby servants. "Danielle, would you be so kind as to show Lady Moresby to the Bluebell Room?" She asked as she turned to one of the maids by her.

Danielle curtsied. "Of course, milady, right this way, Lady Moresby,"

"Of course," Lady Moresby responded as she followed, her footmen and maid following close behind. Before she ascended the stairs, she turned back and winked at Sage.

Mia didn't even care to see what Sage's response was. She turned towards her other guests - to her chagrin, one of them was her Uncle Lawrence.

"Surprised to see me Mia? Your husband invited me, and I never pass up an offer," He pointedly glared at her with a plastered smile on his face.

"Henry, please bring my Uncle Lawrence to the Pansy Room, I hope you'll like what I've done to it," Mia said, her voice void of any emotion.

"It better be good," He grumbled quietly as he followed the footman.

Mia turned back to her two other guests.

Sage stepped in at this point. "Mia, meet my good friend, Marquis of Reiville, Rowan Hades,"

Mia felt a jolt of shock as she stared at the tall, dark young man before her.

"Rowan, meet my wife, Countess of Wensworth, Lady Mia Date,"

"How do you do," The initial shock passed as Mia curtsied and held out her hand.

Rowan took it and kissed it. "Tis my pleasure," He replied.

A smile on her face, Mia took her hand back and turned towards another footman, "Alex, please show Lord Reiville the Rose Room,"

"Tell me, are all your rooms named according to flowers?" Lord Reiville asked, his dark eyes lingering on Mia's face.

Mia nodded. "I am not the most creative person. I do like horticulture so I figured, why not?"

"I see, most interesting," He concluded before turning away and following the footman up the stairs.

"And last but not least, my half-brother, Cary Date." Sage introduced, a wary look in his eyes.

"How do you do," Mia curtsied as she held out her hand to the short-haired, blond man. Instead of the violet eyes Sage had, Cary possessed gray eyes.

Cary took it and kissed the inside of her palm. "It's a pleasure to finally meet Sage's beautiful wife,"

Mia did everything but snatch back her hand. "Thank you," She responded, monotone.

"Which room shall I be staying in?" He asked, as he straightened.

"The Lily Room," She responded. "George, why don't you show Mr. Date to the Lily Room?"

George bowed. He motioned towards the stairs with a sweep of his arms, allowing Cary Date first entry. Soon after, he followed.

As soon as they were out of sight, Mia dismissed the remaining servants and curtsied. "I shall be showing my husband up to his room,"

Sage's eyebrows shot up to his forehead, yet he followed none-the-less. Grinning, he took two steps at a time until he was walking right next to his wife. "Did you miss me?"

Mia arched her eye towards him. "I suppose I did," She chose her words carefully.

"What an odd and vague answer," He replied in response.

She hurried up the stairs, lantern in one hand, the other on the banister; Sage following close behind. As soon as they reached his room, Sage pulled her in and quickly shut the door behind them.

"My lord," Mia began as she turned around and faced him, her eyes a flood of confusion.

"Mia, please don't think the worst of me yet, not until I have explained everything," Sage cut in as he stood with his back to the door, pointedly staring into her eyes. "I need you to trust me,"

Mia felt herself drowning into the violet pools. With much effort, she closed her eyes and turned around so that she would not have to look him in the eyes. She set the lantern down as she quickly thought of an answer, "I thought we already settled this matter…I said that it was not my business to interfere into yours. I have no jurisdiction in that area. I have said that many times,"

"You're trying to convince yourself, it's exactly what you are doing," Sage declared.

Mia groaned as she rubbed her tired eyes. "Convince myself of what?" She all but shouted. Sighing, she waved her hand dismissively, "I'm tired, could we continue this tomorrow?" She looked, bleary-eyed at him, walking towards the door.

Sage hesitated, but then bowed his head, a shadow over his eyes. "As you wish, Lady Moresby," Turning around slowly, he opened the door, and bowed. "I like what you did with the room," He said as an afterthought.

Mia curtsied and slowly walked towards the door, only stopping to whisper loudly enough, "You were right," Before he could even ask, she hurried towards her room and shut the door behind her. Crumpling to the floor, she buried her head in her arms.

~*~*~*~

"Good morning, Lady Wensworth," A deep voice greeted from Mia's left.

Mia had been straightening out her riding habit in front of a hallway mirror and when greeted, her shoulders twitched a bit. "Oh…Marquis Reiville, how do you do?" She answered, folding her gloved hands over her front.

"I'm quite fine." He held out his arm to her, and watched her as she slowly accepted it. "I won't bite," The dark-haired Marquis said as he led her down the large stairway. He stared at her face. "Do you remember -," He began.

"Oh rubbish, of course I do," Mia sighed as her cheeks flushed pink with embarrassment. "That was a horrible game to play with a young girl who didn't know better,"

"You were the best tree climber though," He grinned, wickedly.

Mia slanted her eyes at him as she rapped him with a handkerchief. "Hm. You know I could not refuse a wager."

"You saved that kitty though,"

Mia snorted and blushed when he chuckled, "That cat would've come down on his own anyways, I didn't even need to help,"

"It was amusing to watch…good gods, I thought your step-daddy would have an apoplexy!"

"Why yes, I believed he was ready to anyways until mama calmed him down," Mia murmured, remembering the short, yet wonderful times she spent with her mother.

Rowan noted her silence and took care to saddle both their horses. After a few moments watching Mia stare off into space, he patted his stallion's velvety nose and asked, "How have the years been treating you?"

Mia turned towards him, her dress swirling around her as her hat fell askew, "Pardon?"

"He asked you how the years have been treating you," A familiar voice asked from behind Rowan.

Rowan turned around just as Mia swayed to the side so that they could see whom it was. Mia knew instantly who it was but she had to look anyways.

"Good morning Sage," Rowan greeted as he grinned at his friend. "You were out quite early this morning,"

Mia flinched as the violet eyes, usually teasing and warm, now cold and hard, found her blue-green ones. "Good morning,"

"Good morning dear, did you have a good night's sleep?"

"I did, thank you very much,"

If Rowan did notice the cold exchange between the couple, he chose to ignore it. "We were just about to roam the countryside, would you like to join?" He asked clapping a hand on Sage's back.

Sage still had his eyes locked with Mia, "I just finished my ride,"

Mia exhaled the breath she had been holding.

"………But it wouldn't hurt to roam the countryside with my wife and my best friend," He added as an afterthought.

Mia bit her lip.

"Jenkins, please saddle my horse again,"

~*~*~*~

Had it not been for James and Rowan, Mia would've gone mad or ran away the next few days. She wasn't able to enjoy Rowan's companionship for very long since he had been called away on business a few days after he arrived. Her uncle had taken every chance he could to criticize Mia about the castle in which they lived in. When he wasn't criticizing, he was telling Mia vicious gossip about Sage. Usually, she would escape to the gardens with James whenever her uncle decided to seek her counsel - as she did today.

Holding a little rabbit in her arms, Mia watched as James joyfully ran around the garden in a small circle, a group of small rabbits following him clumsily. After a while, he flopped onto his belly as the furry little animals ran towards him. He raised a hand and patted a small rabbit, looking up once in a while at Mia.

"Do I have something on my face?" Mia asked.

James blushed and shook his head.

"Well then little poppet, would you like to tell me what's wrong then?"

He shook his head. "There is nothing wrong…except…" he frowned. "You won't ever leave us will you?"

Mia was thrown off. "Of course not!" Liar… "What made you ask such a question?"

"Great-Uncle Lawrence says that with the way Uncle Sage is carrying on with Lady Moresby, you would leave," James frowned again. "What do you think he meant by that?"

Mia contained her fury. "Don't worry little poppet, Uncle Lawrence was just tell you a joke,"

"Well I don't like it," James stated. "Did I upset you Aunt Mia?"

Mia let the rabbit go and hugged James with her free arms. "Of course not,"

A soft cough interrupted them as Mia and James turned to face the previously said man.

"Well hello, if it isn't my dear niece and my great nephew!" Uncle Lawrence boomed as he strolled over, his high cravat bouncing up and down with each step he took.

Mia turned to him but turned right back to James. "I have some words with your Great Uncle Lawrence, James. Run along and I'll be there soon,"

James nodded and hurried out of the garden.

Uncle Lawrence shrugged and turned back to Mia, "Obedient lad,"

"What have you been telling James?" She asked, her voice chilly.

He shrugged. "This and that, let's take a stroll shall we?" He walked on ahead.

Mia followed, determined to get answers, "I ask you again, what have you been telling James?"

"Only the truth!" Timothy defended himself as he quickened his pace.

"Don't you dare run away from me," Mia all but snarled, latching a hand onto a chubby arm. "Now I ask again, what have you been telling James?"

Timothy had opened his mouth, ready to answer when all of the sudden, high-pitched giggles pierced the air.

"Oh Sage…Sage…Stop that!" More giggles. "No, don't stop…" All Mia could hear were murmurs.

Her eyes large, she walked around the bend and stared at the spectacle before her. Her face drained itself of all color and not a sound came out from her. Mia took in the scene; her husband laying across Lady Moresby on the gazebo bench, each inching towards each other closer and closer until their lips finally met in a passionate, never-ending kiss. She turned to run away but before she could, Timothy Lawrence's voice boomed out once more.

"Well if it isn't the lovebirds!" He cackled, his eyes gleaming.

The couple broke apart abruptly, both hurrying to straighten out rumpled clothing and disheveled appearances.

"No, no! Do not stop! We shall leave so as not to spoil your pleasure! Come Mia," He tugged on Mia's sleeve.

Sage's violet eyes stared coldly into Timothy Lawrence's until he caught sight of Mia, who more pale than ever, looked ready to faint. "Mia, what are you doing here?" He asked, his voice as cold as his eyes.

Mia's heart thumped slowly, her brain trying to grope for the right words. "I…I wanted to tell you that the afternoon tea is ready," She finished quietly, though surprisingly clear and confident, even after what she had witnessed. She didn't dare look at his eyes though. She numbly took Timothy Lawrence's arm and walked back to the castle.

On the way there, they met Cary Date to whom Timothy Lawrence cackled out loud once more. "Don't go into the gazebo! The lovebirds are in there, we mustn't disturb them!"

Cary Date chuckled but his eyes were hard. "This I must see with my very own eyes." He stated before heading off toward the gazebo.

At the castle she greeted James but declined the afternoon tea they always had with an excuse of a megrim. She really didn't have one but she did feel quite out of sorts. Slowly trumping up the stairs, she dismissed her maid and lay down gently on the bed. She didn't even notice the tears that soaked her pillow.

~*~*~*~*~

Still feeling quite disposed, Mia got up and brushed her tangled tresses. Her eyes were a bit puffy from the crying she done; thankfully she had not cried too much for they'd be so swollen, she wouldn't even have been able to see.

"I look like the veritable fright," She murmured to herself rubbing cream over her hands. While she rubbed her hands together, the door connecting her room to Sage's burst open with a large bang and a furious Sage Date emerged, his eyes blazing. He slammed the door behind him and hurried over to Mia, grabbing her by the shoulders, forcing her to stare into his eyes.

"How dare you come there with your Uncle? You almost ruined everything! What are you trying to do?" He stormed.

She stiffened, her anger building. "What am I trying to do? I'm not trying to wreck our marriage for one, and the fact that you are pursuing another woman while you are married to me is shameless! How could you disgrace us so?" She yelled back.

"I have my reasons for doing so," He replied, his violet eyes flashing as he gripped her shoulders, his long fingers digging into her delicate skin. "Like you said, I needn't ever explain myself to you, we are only married,"

"And since we are, I expect you to show at least some sort of decency! Parading around with your mistress, especially someone like Lady Moresby, is bad enough in town when you left me here, in the countryside. But going after her under our roof is unforgivable! Sage Date, you are the most despicable man I have ever met!"

He barked out a harsh laugh. "So you finally use my Christian name? So that's what one has to do in order for you to call them by their Christian name, or did Rowan figure out another way?" He stared into her eyes and snarled, his eyes flaring. "You should know about adultery!"

"What?" Mia exclaimed, aghast. "Rowan and I? You are out of your mind!" She struggled against his arms. "You horrid man, to stipulate such a thing! You are a horrid, horrid man!"

A small knock echoed through the room as both voices stopped.

"My Lord, my Lady," A small voice spoke up from the other side. "Dinner is ready,"

"Thank you Danielle," Mia replied in a calm voice - or as calm as she could get herself to sound.

Sage let go of her shoulders. "Tell the others we shall be right down shortly,"

"I shall not be going, I have a megrim and I wish to rest early," Mia stated coldly.

Sage looked at her, his violet eyes flashing dangerously as ever, "This is not over!" He stated quietly.

"I would be dense to suggest such a thing," Mia shot back.

~*~*~*~

Mia had decided to join the crowd for dinner but she didn't have any appetite. Numbly, she pushed her food around her plate, wincing every time her shoulders had to move even the tiniest bit. Sage had left many bruises on her shoulders for gripping her so hard; she stabbed her fork into the food with the thought of him.

After dinner, she excused herself and went to her bedroom, donning a silk negligee for bed. Her energy had been drained and all she wanted was a little rest but couldn't sleep. The scene with Lady Moresby and Sage was etched in her mind. She couldn't concentrate, couldn't focus. She hadn't even realized the window had been left open and the room was freezing. She did feel it but she made no move to close it. In fact, she sat right down next to the window and looked up into the sky, ignoring the biting cold.

She sat there for a long time, thinking about their marriage deal. "I'm tied to him for a year," She murmured into the night sky, putting a wrist under her chin. But after that one-year was up, what would she do? Could she really leave Castle Wensworth and James? Could I leave Sage? That thought startled her and she furiously shook her head, trying to clear any thoughts of her unfaithful husband. When had he crept into her thoughts? She fumed silently to herself, massaging her bruised shoulders. Practically numb with cold, she stirred and sighed, laying her head down on her arms, staring down at nothing.

The lock grated as Sage entered again, shutting and then locking the door behind him. Mia stared - at Sage coming in, clad only in his robe. His hair dripped wet and a soft scent of musk and jasmine wafted up her nose. When she was deep in her thoughts, she had failed to realize that the candles burned low. Barely making out his face, Mia sat up and watched.

"Sage?" She whispered.

He growled and took long strides toward her. "We have some unfinished business," He said harshly, towering over her figure. "What did you think you were doing with your Uncle bringing him to see us this morning at the gazebo? Do you have any shame? Any sense of integrity?"

Mia's jaw dropped open. "How dare you! You should be one to talk, you'd know all about shame and integrity wouldn't you?" She shot back, her spirit rising again. "And if I recall, I did not bring him to the gazebo, he brought me there -,"

"Were you jealous, Mia Anne? Did I marry a jealous wife? I thought we had a marriage of convenience and even you said you were not privy to my business. Do you need something else then, Mia? Something more intimate?" He sneered.

Furious with indignation and shame, Mia raised a hand and brought it across his cheek. Before it reached his cheek, his hand came up and snatched it from the air, bringing it down.

"Must I be shamed and beaten in my own home? No my lady, I will not! I shall not be able to hold my temper against you if you keep on acting in this manner - my god you are cold!" He exclaimed.

Mia snatched her now bruised wrist back and glowered at him. "Of course! Didn't you hear the ton, what they said about me? I am the Ice Queen! I am cold, frigid, frozen!" Whipping up anger and hate at the suddenly tender tone he had spoke to her in.

Sage's features softened as he grabbed for her wrist. "I don't think so,"

"No!" Mia exclaimed softly as she was pulled towards his hard body and watched as his lips descended and then covered hers in a passionate, fiery kiss. She writhed and wrestled but she was no match for him. One hand on the curve of her back and the other on her neck, Mia watched as he kissed her. Not only was she fighting him, she was fighting her body, for his kiss melted something cold deep, inside her. A warm feeling erupted from the pit of her stomach, her cold limbs suddenly growing warm. Speaking of limbs, her arms had somehow found a way around his neck, her back arched so that he had better access to her lips.

Plunging his tongue into her mouth, Sage moaned as desire racked his whole body. He picked her up and threw her onto the bed, joining soon afterwards.
She had dreamed of this and now her dream was a reality. He didn't love her, but he did desire her and that was enough for now. She could barely think as he lifted her into his arms and threw her on the bed, joining her atop the white silk sheets.
His lips left hers and trailed down her porcelain neck. "I've hurt you," He murmured so quietly, Mia had to strain to hear what he said, as he kissed each and every one of the bruises on her shoulder.
Mia shook her head as her fingers threaded into his hair. She didn't even gasp when he ripped her negligee right off her body. All she could think about were his warm lips, trailing down her chest. She did gasp slightly when a moist mouth found her breast and started suckling gently. She moaned, arching towards him. His hand created sensations all over her body she thought never existed. Weakly, she tried pushing him back but he just took them gently in his hands and wound them around his neck. Her body fit under his perfectly, like a jigsaw puzzle. Lifting himself up, he looked at her through desire-filled eyes, his robe having been discarded long ago. Bending his face to capture her in another passionate kiss, he positioned himself.
Mia's gasp was muffled when she felt something enter her. It was painful at first but the pain subsided into something else. He thrust forward and Mia gasped again, but this time in pleasure. Muttering in French, she moved with him, her hands roaming over his body. He thrust forward once more, and held her tightly under him, his mouth finding hers so as to stifle the sound that bubbled from her throat and the sound his throat wanted to unleash.
He murmured something against her mouth and Mia acknowledged it, kissing him back fervently.
Still, it was not enough for him, nor, she realized, for her. He held her in his arms breathing heavily and then lifted his head once more, turning to her. His hands moved over her body, stirring her passion once more and his lips followed, hungrily skimming over her skin, pressing deeply in a hole, curve or just to follow a soft line on her body. They were together once more; the sound that threatened to erupt from them was stifled again as they pressed against each other, kissing passionately, violently.
Mia could no longer tell the difference between reality and dreams as she fell asleep, his strong arms around her possessively. "Sage…" She whispered, her lips against his moist neck, before falling victim to the Sandman. The last sensations she felt were his arms tightening around her and his lips moving in her hair. Her lack of energy pushed away any curiosity as to what he was saying.