Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Adornos ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yoroiden Samurai Troopers, nor do I claim to speak fluent Japanese, I only fake it. By using these characters, I acknowledge that the inherent company has to right to monetary compensation, but I am not in the mood to allow them to ask for royalties. I also forgo the right to certain individuals whom might be affected by this work of fiction. The pairing will not be mentioned at all, but from my history of fan fiction, one should be able to guess.

Challenge

Plotline: Going home for Christmas was always a joy for Nasuti/Mia - apart from facing her grandfather's annual matchmaking efforts! But this year it would be different. What she needed was a temporary fiancé...and gorgeous, sophisticated [insert your choice of character] was the perfect candidate!

Adornos
Chapter 2
By: Max* the bishie deliverer

~*~*~

Nasuti eased herself onto the forest-green velvet couch next to Shuu, who grimaced in the same manner as she, and both exhaled. "Oji-san," she spoke calmly, quite the contrary to the young man who just exploded his two cents on the subject, only to be harshly shushed by the young woman. "When was this decided, and why do I know about it, now?"

The elder Yaguy sighed and looked up, dark blue eyes rather dull at the thought of his beautiful granddaughter being forced to do something that he was responsible for. "I decided this when you left the first time, three years back. Naste, I'm your grandfather, it's my responsibility to make sure that you are provided for."

Nasuti glanced at Touma, who was now on a cell-phone earnestly pleading with someone to come over quickly. It's most likely Seiji. Oh no, I did not answer his letter. I wonder how he's doing though. Returning her attention to her grandfather, who was now standing from his place at the armchair, she smiled and then turned her attention to Shuu.

Shuu was stunned, and his face relayed that information to anyone who looked. This woman was something that he had not expected at all. He was expecting some mousy, fairly attractive young woman with coke-bottle glasses, but this Nasuti proved him wrong. Mahogany hair flowed down to the small of her back; some stick straight, other strands set with a gentle wave. Jade green eyes took in her surroundings, familiarizing herself once more, but every now and then flicked toward the blue-haired man at the door. When the two stood up to greet him, he knew instantaneously that they were close, almost like siblings, but he had no idea that as soon as he had expressed interest in the women. The man, the older Yaguy called him "Touma," became like on over-protective dog, somewhat close to snarling. Now he was talking on a cell phone, the conversation unintelligible.

She continued her soft harangue on her grandfather, the anger that she felt coloring her tone. "Oji-san, I feel that forcing me into something that I do not stand for is beneficial to both parties."

"But Naste, he's rich, he'll be able to provide for you. His family loves you already. You wouldn't want to shame me would you? If you want your inheritance when I pass on, you need to be married and have a steady job. This traveling back and forth from France is not steady, and this so-called lecture series is beginning to lose its steam. You need to settle down, have a family-"

"Find another man to meet your oh so high standards," She finished harshly. Face set into a mask, she was unaware that Touma had moved behind her, whispering in her ear some good news.

"Seiji is on his way; he'll be here in less than fifteen. Looks like someone in our sour bunch knows how to dance."

At this, Nasuti smiled warmly, tempted to kiss her new savior, but knew that would make him awkward, and their friendship was too good to up heave. "Thank you," she mouthed before standing up. "Alright Shuu, I'll go to this club of yours, tomorrow. Right now, the jet lag is being a holy terror so I am retiring. Ohayo osumi, minna-san."

Shuu took this as his clue to leave also, thankful that she was not as upset as Kayura was. Tonight he was to have dinner with Kayura and perchance get out of his predicament; however, he was undecided where he stood on the issue. It did not bother him to be arranged with someone as much as he thought it would.

~*~*~

Honey blond hair whipped around the moonlit-face as heavy boots made for snow crunched their path into the white powder. Violet eyes glowed slightly in the fallen snow, as wool-enclosed hands rubbed themselves together to warm the freezing flesh.

"Dammit, it's cold."

"No shit, Seiji," Touma called from the front door. "Now get your pretty little ass up here, before we start billing you for the heat."

Seiji Date rolled his eyes at his friend's attitude as he stepped into the decadent foyer. "So, where is this girl that I'm hearing you blabber about coming back?" He looked into the living room and stopped. "Naste," he whispered as his gaze set upon the young woman of twenty-two, her mahogany hair still long and eyes still the same jade green as etched in his memory.

"Seiji," came the response as joy lit up her once angry features. "Mon Dieu, you're so-" she cut herself off before flinging herself into his form, his arms encasing her in a tight embrace. "Oh, I missed you," she muttered into his neck, inhaling the scent and smiling when her nose registered a pleasant change. Arms still tight around his neck, she wench her face away to look at him. "Look at you, I can't tease you for being a little girl anymore."

Seiji mock-scowled at his friend, the scowl turning to a smirk as he glanced over her shoulder, arms still in place. "Touma, what was the commotion that caused me to drop everything and rush over here?"

Touma grinned and chuckled, "Aside from that lovely thing in your arms? Nothing, except that I hustled her out of bed to see you and the minor fact that she's getting married." All amusement was dropped at these words, Touma's face reflecting his distress.

From the mention of bed, Seiji glanced down and blushed at Nasuti's thin sleeping apparel. He swallowed heavily at the sensations that ran through him as his touch registered the gentle curves that he held. Then the rest of Touma's statement sank in. "Married, when?"

However, he was not the only one as his gaze returned to Nasuti. A scarlet stain flooded her face as she pried his hands off of her waist and crossed her arms over her chest. "Seiji, I had no idea up until three maybe four hours ago. It was arranged, and now I - I - think I'm stuck with it," her voice digressed to a pained murmur as she bent her head down to shield her face. She was not upset because she was getting married, that was not it at all. The silent tears tracking down her face were products of her injured pride, and the fact that she had no control over the situation at hand.

Both young men stood there, one returning to embrace his friend of many years despite the fact that she was barely clothed. In all honesty, he had seen her in less before she left to France, by accident of course and he never mentioned it to anyone, for fear of total and utter humiliation. Various emotions flitted across their faces as one stood off to the side, casually watching his blond friend work his magic on the upset woman. For ten years, Touma suspected, even knew, hinted at that Seiji had feelings for his friend, but would rather die then admit it. He too could understand these feelings, it was not hard to fall for the young Yaguy, but when he found out about the arrangement, he was so upset that he cried himself to sleep until she returned. Both of the young men were protective of their childhood companion, both would gladly lay down their lives for her, as she for them, but when it came to this, they were at a total lose.

Nasuti let him encase her again, a small sob stifled by burying her face in his shirt. She wrapped her arms around his neck once more, but tightened her grasp, bringing herself as close to him as physically possible. Bringing her head up, a funny thought hit her unexpectantly. "And I have yet another problem."

Neither of them could resist raising an eyebrow at this announcement, but Touma knew what she meant, so he let Seiji question her. "And what possibly could that be?"

"I can't dance."

Violet locked onto jade as Seiji started laughing. "I will take care of you, my Naste. We never danced back then, but I knew we should have...."

To be continued…