Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Battle of the Elements ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
ÐÏࡱá>þÿ þÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿý ÿÿÿþÿÿÿ

�þÿÿ ;ÿþÿÿÿþÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿRoot Entryÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÀF eÑ'°êÂCompObjÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿnWordDocumentÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿä0ObjectPoolÿÿÿÿ€ç ['°ê€ç['°êÂþÿÿ ;ÿ

�þÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿþÿ
ÿÿÿÿ ; ÀFMicrosoft Word 6.0 Document
MSWordDocWord.Document.6ô9²qþÿ_à& #8230;ŸòùOh«'+'³Ù0P˜Ü Äè
�0Tx
œÀä ,C:\WINWORD\TEMPLATE\NORMAL.DOT¸A big uh-oh for me; I keep forgetting the disclaimer. Well, you all know that the Ronin Warriors aren't mineÜ¥e=À e'ä0$,l,ll,l,l,l,l,Æ,Æ,Æ,Æ,Æ,Æ,
Ð,
Æ,z/1Ú,Ú,Ú,Ú,Ú,&Uacut e;,Ú,Ú,þ,---$$-@.\/«/Tÿ/åz/l,Ú, Ú,Ú,Ú,Ú,z/Ú,l,l,Ú,Ú,&Uacut e;,Ú,Ú,Ú,l,Ú,l,Ú,þ,€,š, ,l,l,l,l,Ú,þ,Ú,$Ú,A big uh-oh for me; I keep forgetting the disclaimer. Well, you all know that the Ronin Warriors aren't mine. If they were, do you think I would be here right now, broke and lonely?!


"Battle Of the Elements"By Lady Eclipse


Chapter Five


The Koji household was relatively quiet for the first time all evening. Kento was contentedly munching on a large slice of chocolate cake. The cake was a peace offering from Cye for losing his cool earlier. Rowen and Mia were reading quietly on the love seat. Sage, Ryo, and Cye were sitting on the couch watching T.V. Whiteblaze was comfortably stretched out in front of the couch dozing. Anglarana watched this scene of peaceful calm through the open door. She stood on the porch enjoying the warm evening. She smiled and returned her gaze to the moon. Who would've thought these people could ever be quiet and happy all in one room? she thought to herself with a laugh. The moon outlined her features and set off the mark on her forehead with a silver-green glow. Anglarana sighed. Where is everyone? I can't feel the presence of even one of my people. Am I the last...? She suddenly jerked upright and stared intently into the darkened forest surrounding the mansion. Something didn't smell right. Anglarana spun on her heel and raced into the house. "Beware! He comes!" she called. Everyone stood in unison and ran out the door. "Can't he just attack during the day like normal villains?" Sage muttered. "Hey, at least he isn't attacking during dinner like last time," Kento replied cheerfully. Now that his stomach was full, Kento was ready and eager for a good fight.The Ronin Warriors stood in their sub-armor a few yards in front of the mansion nervously staring into the gloom. In one moment; the empty, quiet clearing burst into action. Demon soldiers burst from the forest by the dozens and immediately started to attack the Ronins. Mia and Anglarana stood together on the porch and watched the event. An immense shadow suddenly covered the moonlight, casting the fight into ominous darkness. Sage shivered and looked up to see Crynis hovering in the sky with a menacing grin on his face that revealed his long, sharp fangs. Anglarana walked off the porch into the melee.
"I was wondering how long it would take your master to get serious about this war." Anglarana held up her staff and the mark on her forehead began to glow a fierce silver-green. Crynis grinned in reply to her challenge. He lowered himself to the ground and stood only a few feet in front of her.
"My master bade me to bring you to him intact. So be a good girl and come quietly. I sure would hate to have to mess up that pretty little face of yours." Anglarana laughed in her characteristic clear and musical voice,
"Then let us not keep him waiting." She pressed on the center of her staff and two blades shot out of either end of the staff. The blades were about two feet long each. The light from her mark shot down her arm and spread over the staff and the blades. Crynis raised his hand; his claws made a metallic ring as they scraped against one another.Meanwhile the Ronins were still struggling with all the demon soldiers.
"Man, we gotta help her! Anglarana can't face that thing alone!" Rowen cried as he killed another soldier. "Yeah, but we can't get to her right now. I think that she can take him," Ryo replied while fending off two soldiers. "Forget this, let's waste these guys and go get that monster!" Kento exclaimed. "Right, let's armor up!" Cye agreed. "Armor of Torrent!" "Armor of Hardrock!" "Armor of Halo!" "Armor of Strata!" "Armor of Wildfire! Dao Chi!" Once in their full armor, the guys began to destroy the soldiers with their special powers. Meanwhile Crynis's claws struck Anglarana's staff with horrible force. Anglarana took a step back to brace herself. The mark on her forehead glowed with a blinding light and was still getting brighter. For a brief moment the battle stopped and all stood amazed at the light. Mia gasped from where she stood, she felt a burning coming from within her. Not like fire, but stronger and more demanding. For no reason she could think of, Mia ran inside to her room. Something was calling her. Minutes later a pink light erupted from an upstairs window and joined the light surrounding Anglarana. With the increased strength from the pink light, the light on Anglarana's blades ran up Crynis's arm and smoke and a sizzling sound accompanied it. With an angry cry, Crynis disengaged and backed up a few paces. All the demon soldiers paused in their fight, then retreated back into the forest. Crynis moved his hands to call upon his elemental attacks, but was stopped by a shimmering in the air to his right. A man appeared, with blonde hair and bored brown eyes. "Enough, Crynis. You have failed. Return to the castle for your punishment." "No, Master, please! I had her, but some outside force assisted her, I swear it!"Justin narrowed his eyes.
"Are you defying my orders?" "No, of course not, my master. It is as you will it." With that Crynis rose into the air and disappeared. Justin then turned his attention to Anglarana. By now the light had faded to a faint gleam and the pink light had disappeared all together. The Ronin Warriors stood together directly behind her with their weapons raised wearily. "Ah, Lady Anglarana, how pleasant it is to see you again. I trust you are well?" Justin said in an affectionate voice as he bowed deeply. Anglarana's eyes softened sadly. "Justin, I thought it might be you. Now what do you want with this world?" Her tone was weary and timelessly sad. Justin advanced a step.
"Why, just to reclaim you, my dear. And perhaps to enjoy the fruits of Earth for a while." Anglarana closed her eyes and lowered her staff. The light on her forehead began to increase in intensity again. Justin grinned, "Not this time." He held up his hand and a grey light surrounded her like a mist. Her eyes flew open and she threw back a hand to grip the nearest Ronin, which happened to be Ryo. "Quickly! Hold hands, he means to drag me to his castle so that we will fight alone. Or," her voice dropped in emotion, "not at all." The Ronins nodded their heads and gripped each others' hands. Justin frowned.
"Clever, my lady. The spell is too far progressed for me to stop it. Bring your precious humans, this fight shall be in my domain where my powers are greatest. When I put the Earth's strongest humans to shame, then I will have the true battle." As he spoke the grey light wound around the group. The scenery around them faded away and blackness took its place.


*****



Mia only vaguely heard what was happening outside. The calling emanating from her room was too great. When she opened the door, she was blasted with a bright ray of pink light. The light filled the room and was pouring out of the window. After a few minutes it subsided to a dull glow. Mia went over to her shelf and picked up a small, purple box. It was from this box that the light was originating from. Mia slowly opened the lid to reveal the Jewel of Life. It was pulsing with light and her desire to grab it was almost painful. Without thinking of the consequences, Mia grabbed the jewel and held it to her chest. The box fell to the floor unheeded as the light from the jewel intensified and enveloped Mia in its soft, warm light. Mia was overwhelmed with a sense of rightness and of quiet power. She felt as if something was finally understood and that the jewel had accepted her somehow. Then, as the light reached its peak, a piercing pain sliced through Mia's chest. She tried to look to see what was causing the horrible pain, but the light was too bright. Mia tried to pull the jewel away, but couldn't. Her effort was rewarded with an extra burst of pain. Mia fell to the floor writhing in agony. It felt like someone was stabbing her with a flaming sword. Then, as if the pain had never existed, it was gone. Mia lay weak and drained on the floor. Through the mist of exhaustion, Mia could tell that something had changed in her body.



*****



Somewhere, in a dark castle, Anglarana felt a pang of awareness. Something very important had happened somewhere. Something of severe significance. All she could do was smile, despite the fear and the pain. For she remembered the pink light and the last name of the gentle, intelligent woman who assisted the Ronin Warriors. Finally, the last piece has fallen into place. I thought that the Jewel of Life would somehow fall into Mia's hands. Anglarana cast a tired glance around the dark room to reassure herself that the Ronins remained with her. Satisfied, she lay her glowing staff on the ground. It would alert her to when the others awoke, or when another presence was near. For now she could rest and regain her shattered strength. She sighed and let blissful sleep reclaim her.


________________________________________________________ ________________

This is my first fan-fic so please review me. I wouldn't even mind a few flames so long as my e-mail isn't looking like the day after the atomic bomb was dropped!! ;P It's nightcloud8@hotmail.com. Humor me. I get awfully lonely. :D

¡-œ SummaryInformation(ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿ€ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿ. If they were, do you think I would be here right now, broke and lonely?! Lawrence WadeLawrence Wade@šñGºéÂ@À¤Y‹·& THORN;@ŽšÁuêÂ@J‹6Microsoft Word 6.02¶¸Òäò$t
dÇ×Üí ;òÿ2û#p$'
'þúþ÷þ&thor n;þþþþþþõuUVUVcV¸¹&or dm;äåæôõö¿êÉ
� ;lqƒîïð÷øùú¨" ©"ª"«"²"³"´"µ"Ê%Ë%Ì %&&ÿ&'þÀ!ûÀ!DûÀ ;!DûÿÀ!_ûÀ!ûÀ!ûÀ!& thorn;À!þÀ!þÀ!þ&Agrav e;!þÀ!þÀ!þÀ! ;þ À!þÀ!þÀ!ûÀ! 7;ûÀ!ûÀ!þÀ!þ&Ag rave;!þÀ!þÀ!ûÀ!& ucirc;À!ûÀ!ûÀ!þ&Agrav e;!þÀ!þÀ!þ
À! ;þÀ!þÀ!þÀ!þ&Agr ave;!þÀ!þÀ!&K@ñÿNo rmala c"A@òÿ¡"Default Paragraph Font$'ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿ ÿÿ ÿÿ ÿÿÉ
zi!$£ a
''$
Lawrence WadeC:\WINWORD\UNI5.DOCÿ@Lexmark Z22-Z32 SeriesLPT1:lxaeprLexmark Z22-Z32 Series`"‡/€ê
odXXö äíB
Lexmark Z22-Z32 SeriesLPT1:LPT1:Lexmark Z22-Z32 Series`"‡/€ê
odXXö äíB
Lexmark Z22-Z32 SeriesLPT1:LPT1:€ÿ#ÿ#€ÿ#ÿ#1Times New RomanSymbol&Arial"ˆÐhëms†…us¦ƒ$&a ring;·A big uh-oh for me; I keep forgetting the disclaimer. Well, you all know that the Ronin Warriors aren't mine. If they were, do you think I would be here right now, broke and lonely?!
Lawrence Wade
Lawrence Wade