Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Battle of the Elements ❯ Epilogue

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
ÐÏࡱá>þÿ #&þÿÿÿ$ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yacute;ÿÿÿþÿÿÿ

�þ ;ÿÿÿþÿÿÿ !"þÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿRoot Entryÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÀFàÁIŽë€CompObjÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿnWordDocumentÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿj8ObjectPoolÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÀÙŽHŽëÂÀÙŽHŽ& euml;Âþÿÿÿ

�þÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿþÿ
ÿÿÿ&y uml; ÀFMicrosoft Word 6.0 Document
MSWordDocWord.Document.6ô9²qþÿ_à& #8230;ŸòùOh«'+'³Ù0°˜Ü$Hl
�´Ø
ü D hŒC:\WINWORD\TEMPLATE\NORMAL.DOTBattle of the ElementsLawrence WadeLawrence Wade@Æè˜Ü¥e=À e.j8+4l4ll4l4l4l4l4Æ4Æ4Æ4Æ4Æ4Æ4
&ET H;4
Æ4¡71Ú4Ú4Ú4Ú4Ú4&Uacu te;4Ú4Ú4%5'5'5'5$K5g6ƒ7Ò7T&8D¡7l4&Uacut e;4Ú4Ú4Ú4Ú4¡7Ú4l4l4Ú4&Uacut e;4Ú4Ú4Ú4Ú4l4Ú4l4Ú4%5€4# 3;4,l4l4l4l4Ú4%5Ú4KÚ4Battle of the ElementsBy Lady Eclipse


Epilogue


Nine men dressed in armor solemnly stood in a circle surrounding a tree that towered above them until it was lost in the shadows of the cavern. Yes, a giant tree of amazing beauty had flourished underground. Its leaves were thick and green and small purple flowers dotted its strong branches; branches that have never known wind nor rain. The men in armor stood facing away from the tree with their arms crossed over their chests. They murmured a single word; each one spoke a different one. A bright symbol appeared on each of their foreheads through their helmets, betraying that which they had said; each one glowing a different color. The armors began to glow as well and a beam of colored light exploded from each armor. The lines met, making the pattern of a prism that completely surrounded the tree. Three other figures step forward; in the middle was a woman with reddish-brown hair and eyes the color of stormy seas. The emerald green blouse she wore was unbuttoned just enough to reveal a glimmering stone set within her skin that hummed with ancient power. On her right a white mare gracefully advanced, her silky, silver mane and tail swirling majestically as she moved her delicate head. An ivory horn spiraled proudly from her forehead, set just above warm, brown eyes. To the maiden's left a proud stallion strode, his golden tresses flowing out behind him like a banner. His horn was glowing faintly with a light of its own. The trio walked not alone; there were others who stood silently behind them watching with great anticipation. A lone woman stood at the front, holding a staff with rings that chimed gently. The others behind her were hushed within the shadows of the large cavern, yet the silver green light of their horns provided just enough illumination for all to see the proceedings. The woman and two unicorns walked through the prism of energy that the men in armor have provided. It is with this energy that a miracle will be performed. The mare turned her head to gaze upon the stallion, her eyes bright with joy. 'No sacrifices.' 'Yes; with the help of many, much may be accomplished,' he replied, quoting the old saying. The stallion marched forward ahead of the two, only stopping a modest foot away from the tree. He gravely lowered his head until the tip of his horn touched the rich earth. His horn shone with silver-green light. The fair woman turned slightly toward the mare and placed both of her hands on its soft cheeks. The mare's eyes grew soft and filled with compasion, she then lowered her head as well so that the very tip of her horn caressed the jewel that rested within the woman's chest. The jewel burst with a pink light that immediately drove itself into the ground around them. The earth began to quake with its power... or perhaps, with a different stirring of life. With the stones came a thick layer of dust that temporarily blocked sight of the proceedings. Then the earth stilled and there was an eerie silence accompanying it. But the silence carried the tune of anticipation; something wonderful was about to happen. A soft gust of wind tentatively brushed through the area taking the dust with it. The walls and ceiling of the cavern were gone revealing a bright, blue sky hanging overhead. Then, with a massive heave, the earth before the broad tree split and a tide of bodies streamed out. They were of every color and shape imaginable. Some had the tails of lions, and some had tri-colored horns and looked more like antelope (A.N.- this is my way of explaining why there are so many different descriptions of what unicorns are supposed look like). The unicorns raced forward, parting only at the last moment around the fragile humans like a glimmering tide. The went in all directions, some leapt agilely out of the newly formed crater, others disappeared within the many tunnels of the underground matrix. The ancient city began to collapse around so many rushing bodies. By the time the last of the fabled unicorns had emerged from the ground, the city was gone. In its place plants of every description had grown. Seedling trees dotted the landscape and ivory vines had woven themselves about the remaining rock structures hiding their true shapes from view. The humans looked about themselves with a mixture of awe and humility. It was then that they realized that there was no trace of a unicorn anywhere. They had all disappeared as if they were no more than thrown pebbles. Even Anglarana and Jyserriec were nowhere to be seen. Mia lay at the base of the tree; the Jewel of Life was a dull as pewter. "Mia!" Anubis exclaimed, catching sight of her. He raced to her side and picked her up."Is she...?" Ryo asked, in a shaky voice."No, I can see her breathing," Sage replied, while gently placing two fingers on her neck to check her pulse."Where did Anglarana go?" Cye asked, looking around sadly."Most likely to her forest, the same as all of her kin," Kayura replied softly."Do you know where her forest is? Maybe we could go see her," Kento asked hopefully."I'm afraid not."
*****
~When the last eagle fliesOver the last crumbling mountain.~
The Ronin Warriors returned to the quiet mansion in the heart of a forest. They carefully tended over Mia, who slept deeply from exhaustion. Kayura, Cale, Dais, and Sekhmet returned to the Netherworld to continue the restoration of the ruined world.
~And the last lion roarsAt the last dusty fountain.~
The five young men sat outside by the lake, each absorbed in his own thoughts about the past few days. They stared thoughtfully ahead of themselves, wondering about their lost friend.
~In the shadow of the forestThough she may be old and worn.~
Sage gasped and stood up; he could have sworn he saw the glimmer of silver in the trees near them. The others, seeing his reaction, stood as well, fearing another attack. Sage pointed to the trees, unable to speak. For there she was, as though she had never left. Anglarana made a small sound of joy and tossed her swirling mane.
~They will stare unbelievingAt the last unicorn.~
They ran over to her, but were uncertain on how to greet her. Kento, however, did not feel restrained by convention and wrapped his arms around her neck and hugged her tightly. Anglarana chuckled and touched her nose to his shoulder. At that the others rushed forward to embrace her as well.
~When the first breath of winterThrough the flowers is icing.~
Ryo worriedly told her about how Mia had been sleeping for three days and showed no signs of waking up. Anglarana told them of how demanding the spell was to free the others and that her body was just drained. Upon her instructions, Ryo went upstairs to retrieve Mia.
~And you look to the north,And the pale moon is rising.~
Mia's face looked ashen, her features were haggard with weariness and strain. She lay so bonelessly quiet in Ryo's arms that is was hard to believe it was the same woman who only a few weeks ago was energetically rushing about the house doing research work, going to college, and still finding time to help them whenever they needed it.
~When it seems like all is dyingAnd would leave the world to morn.In the distance, hear the laughterOf the last unicorn.~
Anglarana approached Ryo and gently touched her horn to Mia's forehead. Mia took in a deep breath of air as the soft silver light of Anglarana's horn engulfed her body. After a few minutes, her eyes fluttered open. "Oh, hi guys. Is it time for me to make dinner?" she asked sleepily. Everyone broke out into relieved laughter that bordered on tears. "Dinner's on us this time," Rowen replied, his eyes shining."Oh, no, I don't trust you guys in the kitchen," she said with a weak laugh.
~I'm aliveI'm alive.~
A figure stepped out of the treeline in front of them, his hair golden in the sunlight.
~When the last moon is castOver the last star of morning.~
Jyserriec trotted over to Anglarana's side and he bowed his head in greeting to them.
~And the future has pastWithout even a last desperate warning.~
"Where did you guys go? We thought we'd never see you again!" Cye asked.'Jyserriec had some loose ends he needed to tie up,' Anglarana answered with a slight smile as she glanced over at him. Jyserriec exchanged a meaningful glance with her and smiled himself."So what now? Are you guys going to stay long?" Rowen asked, his face betraying his excitement."It's sad to lose a friend so soon," Sage said.'I will stay as long as you would have me,' Anglarana replied with a musical laugh. 'This forest is my home.'"And what about Jyserriec?" Mia asked, her eyes shining with delight.'My home is wherever her foot falls,' he replied, looking studiously at the ground. Everyone collectively raised an eyebrow at that. Anglarana laughed again and cantered to the treeline, followed by Jyserriec.
~Then look into the sky we're throughThe clouds have packed in storm.~
She paused and turned toward them. 'We can discuss such things at a later date when Mia of the Koji household is well rested and we have had time to become adjusted to our home. Until then, it is good to see you all and I look forward to the years to come! May the light of the heavens be yours!'
~Look and see her, how she sparklesIt's the last unicorn.~
She reared, sending her mane and tail flying like silver fire in the bright sunlight. She was dazzling as her horn shone and fur sparkled like dewed strands of spiderweb. Her front hooves had barely made contact with the ground before she bounded back into the forest. Jyserriec could be heard laughing and making a teasing remark about frivolity and he disappeared into the shadows behind her.
~I'm alive.I'm alive.~
Anubis smiled to himself as he watched them go. He had a feeling that the world was going to be a different place now; not just for them, but for every living thing on the planet. Unicorns were back in the world.
The End(at least, for this adventure)

That's it, finis, adios, ja ne, arividenchi (how do you spell that anyway?), chow, hasta la vista! No matter what language, the fight with Crynis is over. But fear not loyal readers, this in not the end of Anglarana's adventures. I will probably write new stories involving her and our favorite guys in armor. Someone even suggested that I write a prequel to this story about Jyserriec and Anglarana's past. I am also thinking of writing a 'ghost' chapter about what happened between the two when they went to "tie up loose ends" after all of the other unicorns were released.The song I integrated into the end is from the movie/ book The Last Unicorn written by Peter S. Beagle. I highly recommend you see/ read it; this is where a lot of my ideas for unicorns came from and it was what inspired me to write about them in a fic. Music and lyrics were written by Jimmy Webb and it was performed by America. Comments and criticism are welcome, thanks for reading. This has been a great journey.Lady Eclipse

¡-œ SummaryInformation(ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿàÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿSëÂ@À¤Y‹·Þ@&AEli g;è˜SëÂ@FÃ#Microsoft Word 6.02(24>NPˆOL<yÆø^m¦úvb!x!Ó!"g "§"ò"&#?$j$"$¬$ó$%Æ%
&2&7'9't' ))-,¦,..ûùöùùùùù ;ùùùùùùùùù&u grave;ùùùùùùôòu^UVVU Vc0()*456QLƒ<{Æú`m¨úxb!z!Ó!"g"© "Æ%&9'v'))ñ)**..ýÿÀ!_ý&Agra ve;!ýÀ!ýÀ!ûÀ!ûÀ! ûAÀ!ýÀ!ýÀ!&uci rc;À!ýÀ!ûÀ!ýÀ ;!ûÀ!ýÀ!ûÀ!&yac ute;À!ûÀ!ýÀ!ûÀ ;!ýÀ!ûÀ!ýÀ!&uc irc;À!ýÀ!ûÀ!ý&Agrav e;!û
À!ýÀ!ûÀ! 7;ýÀ!ûÀ!ýÀ!û& Agrave;!ýÀ!ûÀ!û
À ;!ûÀ!&K@ñÿNormala c"A@òÿ¡"Default Paragraph Font+.ÿÿÿÿ!ÿÿ ÿÿ ÿÿ ÿÿMÆ™!+¾4-..K
Lawrence WadeC:\WINWORD\UNI13.DOC
Lawrence WadeC:\WINWORD\UNI-OOPS.DOCÿ@Lexmark Z22-Z32 SeriesLPT1:lxaeprLexmark Z22-Z32 Series`"‡/€ê
odXXö äíB
Lexmark Z22-Z32 SeriesLPT1:LPT1:Lexmark Z22-Z32 Series`"‡/€ê
odXXö äíB
Lexmark Z22-Z32 SeriesLPT1:LPT1:€LL00LK1Times New RomanSymbol&Arial"ˆÐh!€s!€sƒ$DBattle of the Elements
Lawrence Wade
Lawrence WadeRoot Entryÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÀF`DokëÂ(€CompObjÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿnWordDocumentÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ05GObjectPoolÿÿÿÿÀ&Ugrav e;ŽHŽëÂÀÙŽHŽëÂÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
�8ÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ%ýÿÿ& yuml;þÿÿÿþÿÿÿþÿÿ& yuml;'*+,-./þÿÿÿ12345679:;<=>?@ABCD)ÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿSummaryInformation(&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&agra ve;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿþ ;ÿÿÿ

�þÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿSëÂ@À¤Y‹·Þ@& ouml;·TëÂ@vÝAMicrosoft Word 6.03þÿ
ÿÿÿÿ ÀFMicrosoft Word 6.0 Document
MSWordDocWord.Document.6ô9²qþÿ_à& #8230;ŸòùOh«'+'³Ù0°˜Ü$Hl
�´Ø
ü D hŒoon_michellebranch_allyouwanted.C:\WINWORD\TEMPLATE\NORMAL.DOTBattle of the ElementsLawrence WadeLawrence Wade@Æè˜'-.ÿÿÿÿ!ÿÿ ÿÿ ÿÿ ÿÿ ÿÿO/&'-€ö=*56Ϲº»Â&Atil de;Äúû23ì+,wx¬­ÒÓ" ]^°±/0' 8 9 ' " Ð Ñ (!)!k!l!$'$Ú$Û$&&C&D&Ð'Ñ'ê'&e uml;'Á(Â(Ã(ë(4)5)'-À!À!?À ;!
À!À!À!À!À ;!À!À!À!À!À! 7;À!À!À!À!À!&Ag rave;!À!À!À!À!À !À!À!À!À!À! ;À!À!À!À!À!&Agr ave;!À!À!À!À!À! À!À!À!À!À! À!À!
À!À!À! À!À!À!À!À!&Agra ve;!À!À!À!À!À!& #27;À!À!À!À!
À!& #27;€4Ì4í/Ì4q
Lawrence WadeC:\WINWORD\UNI13.DOC
Lawrence WadeC:\WINWORD\UNI-OOPS.DOC
Lawrence WadeC:\WINWORD\UNI-OOPS.DOCÿ@Lexmark Z22-Z32 SeriesLPT1:lxaeprLexmark Z22-Z32 Series`"‡/€ê
odXXö äíB
Lexmark Z22-Z32 SeriesLPT1:LPT1:Lexmark Z22-Z32 Series`"‡/€ê
odXXö äíB
Lexmark Z22-Z32 SeriesLPT1:LPT1:€&-&-€&-&- LLîïð
�ñ

rse…ÎÐ&N tilde;()STÂÃþÿOP¥¦¹»¼& Acirc;ÄÅeúûü234+,-wxy¬­®Ò&O acute;Ô"#]^_°±²/01
'""ÐÑ ; ! 8 9 : t x ' " " Ð Ñ Ò (!)!*!k!m!n!¶!·!t"u"Õ"Ö"##u#v#¼#½#$'$ '$Ú$Û$Ü$&&&C&D&E&Ð'Ñ'& Ograve;'ê'ë'ì'Á(Ã(Ä(ë(4)5)&-' -.»/L¼/M½/f¾/Í¿/ßß/()& aacute;/€â/ªã/ä/Så/£æ/&oslas h;ç/é/ë/QR·ì/LMí/ƒ"î/{|& iuml;/ÆÇð/úûñ/ ò/`amnó/¨©ô/úûõ/xyö/O P ø/× Ø ú/!û/b!c!ü/z!{!l4¹!p4Ó!Ô!q4""r4g"h"s4&c opy;"ª"u4ò"v4¯#w4$x4?$y4­$z4ó${4Æ%Ç ;%|4&&}49':'~4v'w'4))€4))4ñ)ò)ƒ 4**.1Times New RomanSymbol&Arial"ˆÐh!€s)€s ƒ$DBattle of the Elements
Lawrence Wade
Lawrence WadeÜ¥e=À e.5G'-4l4l:::::=j:˜======lF1"="="="="="="="="=•=•=•= $¹=Õ>ñ?FTñFD@]:"="="="="=@"=::"="="="="="=:"=: "="=: 4:6::::"="="=q"=Battle of the ElementsBy Lady Eclipse


Epilogue


Nine men dressed in armor solemnly stood in a circle surrounding a tree that towered above them until it was lost in the shadows of the cavern. Yes, a giant tree of amazing beauty had flourished underground. Its leaves were thick and green and small purple flowers dotted its strong branches; branches that have never known wind nor rain. The men in armor stood facing away from the tree with their arms crossed over their chests. They murmured a single word; each one spoke a different one. A bright symbol appeared on each of their foreheads through their helmets, betraying that which they had said; each one glowing a different color. The armors began to glow as well and a beam of colored light exploded from each armor. The lines met, making the pattern of a prism that completely surrounded the tree. Three other figures step forward; in the middle was a woman with reddish-brown hair and eyes the color of stormy seas. The emerald green blouse she wore was unbuttoned just enough to reveal a glimmering stone set within her skin that hummed with ancient power. On her right a white mare gracefully advanced, her silky, silver mane and tail swirling majestically as she moved her delicate head. An ivory horn spiraled proudly from her forehead, set just above warm, brown eyes. To the maiden's left a proud stallion strode, his golden tresses flowing out behind him like a banner. His horn was glowing faintly with a light of its own. The trio walked not alone; there were others who stood silently behind them watching with great anticipation. A lone woman stood at the front, holding a staff with rings that chimed gently. The others behind her were hushed within the shadows of the large cavern, yet the silver green light of their horns provided just enough illumination for all to see the proceedings. The woman and two unicorns walked through the prism of energy that the men in armor have provided. It is with this energy that a miracle will be performed. The mare turned her head to gaze upon the stallion, her eyes bright with joy. 'No sacrifices.' 'Yes; with the help of many, much may be accomplished,' he replied, quoting the old saying. The stallion marched forward ahead of the two, only stopping a modest foot away from the tree. He gravely lowered his head until the tip of his horn touched the rich earth. His horn shone with silver-green light. The fair woman turned slightly toward the mare and placed both of her hands on its soft cheeks. The mare's eyes grew soft and filled with compasion, she then lowered her head as well so that the very tip of her horn caressed the jewel that rested within the woman's chest. The jewel burst with a pink light that immediately drove itself into the ground around them. The earth began to quake with its power... or perhaps, with a different stirring of life. With the stones came a thick layer of dust that temporarily blocked sight of the proceedings. Then the earth stilled and there was an eerie silence accompanying it. But the silence carried the tune of anticipation; something wonderful was about to happen. A soft gust of wind tentatively brushed through the area taking the dust with it. The walls and ceiling of the cavern were gone revealing a bright, blue sky hanging overhead. Thenlarana's horn engulfed her body. After a few minutes, her eyes fluttered open. "Oh, hi guys. Is it time for me to make dinner?" she asked sleepily. Everyone broke out into relieved laughter that bordered on tears. "Dinner's on us this time," Rowen replied, his eyes shining."Oh, no, I don't trust you guys in the kitchen," she said with a weak laugh.
~I'm aliveI'm alive.~
A figure stepped out of the treeline in front of them, his hair golden in the sunlight.
~When the last moon is castOver the last star of morning.~
Jyserriec trotted over to Anglarana's side and he bowed his head in greeting to them.
~And the future has pastWithout even a last desperate warning.~
"Where did you guys go? We thought we'd never see you again!" Cye asked.'Jyserriec had some loose ends he needed to tie up,' Anglarana answered with a slight smile as she glanced over at him. Jyserriec exchanged a meaningful glance with her and smiled himself."So what now? Are you guys going to stay long?" Rowen asked, his face betraying his excitement."It's sad to lose a friend so soon," Sage said.'I will stay as long as you would have me,' Anglarana replied with a musical laugh. 'This forest is my home.'"And what about Jyserriec?" Mia asked, her eyes shining with delight.'My home is wherever her foot falls,' he replied, looking studiously at the ground. Everyone collectively raised an eyebrow at that. Anglarana laughed again and cantered to the treeline, followed by Jyserriec.
~Then look into the sky we're throughThe clouds have packed in storm.~
She paused and turned toward them. 'We can discuss such things at a later date when Mia of the Koji household is well rested and we have had time to become adjusted to our home. Until then, it is good to see you all and I look forward to the years to come! May the light of the heavens be yours!'
~Look and see her, how she sparklesIt's the last unicorn.~
She reared, sending her mane and tail flying like silver fire in the bright sunlight. She was dazzling as her horn shone and fur sparkled like dewed strands of spiderweb. Her front hooves had barely made contact with the ground before she bounded back into the forest. Jyserriec could be heard laughing and making a teasing remark about frivolity and he disappeared into the shadows behind her.
~I'm alive.I'm alive.~
Anubis smiled to himself as he watched them go. He had a feeling that the world was going to be a different place now; not just for them, but for every living thing on the planet. Unicorns were back in the world.
The End(at least, for this adventure)

That's it, finis, adios, ja ne, arividenchi (how do you spell that anyway?), chow, hasta la vista! No matter what language, the fight with Crynis is over. But fear not loyal readers, this in not the end of Anglarana's adventures. I will probably write new stories involving her and our favorite guys in armor. Someone even suggested that I write a prequel to this story about Jyserriec and Anglarana's past. I am also thinking of writing a 'ghost' chapter about what happened between the two when they went to "tie up loose ends" after all of the other unicorns were released.The song I integrated into the end is from the movie/ book The Last Unicorn written by Peter S. Beagle. I highly recommend you see/ read it; this is where a lot of my ideas for unicorns came from and it was what inspired me to write about them in a fic. Music and lyrics were written by Jimmy Webb and it was performed by America. Comments and criticism are welcome, thanks for reading. This has been a great journey.Lady Eclipse

¡-œ The whole cavern started to shake violently, yet the prism of light originating from the armors protected them and the others from the falling debris. The tree began to shine with a pure white light; the light spilled from the leaves piercing a hole into the rock which barred the tree's growth. Pebbles and boulders alike came crashing down, smashing into the invisible barriers that surrounded all of those present. rriec were nowhere to be seen.



















�(24>NPˆOL<yÆø^m&b rvbar;úvb!x!Ó!"g"§"ò"&#?$j$"$¬$ó$% Æ%
&2&7'9't'))-,¦,..»/¼/½/&fra c34;/¿/ß/á/â/ã/ä/å/æ/&cce dil;/é/ë/ì/í/î/ï/ð/ñ/&ograv e;/ó/ô/õ/ö/ø/ú/û/ü/&yacut e;/l4p4q4r4s4u4v4w4x4y4z4{4|4}4~44€4ûùö&ugrav e;ùùùùùùùùù& ugrave;ùùùùùùùù&ugr ave;ùôòùùùùùù òùùùùùu^UVVUVc`()*456QLƒ< {Æú`m¨úxb!z!Ó!"g"©"Æ%&9'v')&# 27;)ñ)**..à/è/é/ê/ë/ì/í ;/ýÿÀ!_ýÀ!ýÀ!ýÀ ;!ûÀ!ûÀ!ûAÀ!ý& Agrave;!ýÀ!ûÀ!ýÀ!&# 27;ûÀ!ýÀ!ûÀ!ý À!ûÀ!ýÀ!ûÀ!&# 27;ýÀ!ûÀ!ýÀ!û À!ýÀ!ûÀ!ýÀ!& #27;ûÀ!ýÀ!û
À!&y acute;À!ûÀ!ýÀ!û&Agra ve;!ýÀ!ûÀ!ýÀ!& ucirc;À!û
À!ûÀ!û? À!ýÀ!ýÀ!ýÀ! ýÀ!ûÀ!ýÀ!-K@&n tilde;ÿNormala c"A@òÿ¡"Default Paragraph Fontmane











_______ _________________________________________________________________
�. K
Lawrence WadeC:\WINWORD\UNI13.DOC
Lawrence WadeC:\WINWORD\UNI-OOPS.DOCÿ@Lexmark Z22-Z32 SeriesLPT1:lxaeprLexmark Z22-Z32 Series`"‡/€ê
odXXö äíB€44ƒ4Ì4í/î/ï/ð/&ntil de;/ò/ó/ô/õ/ö/÷/ù/ü/&yac ute;/q4r4s4t4|4}4~44€44'4ƒ4Ì4þÀ!& thorn;À!ûÀ!þÀ!û&Agrav e;!þÀ!þÀ!ûÀ!&tho rn;À!þÀ!þÀ!ûÀ! þÀ!ûÀ!þÀ!û À!þÀ!ûÀ!þÀ! 7;ûÀ!þÀ!ûÀ!þ&Ag rave;!ûÀ!ûÀ!þÀ!