Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Cold ❯ Cold ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

title: Cold
part: 1/1
status: complete
date: December 2006
 
author: Thanatos_Aire
contact: death.in.a.box13 @gmail.com
 
genre: Yoroiden Samurai Turupa (RW)
rating: PG
warnings: dark, angst, vague violence, death
 
notes: Apparently, nobody (else) likes `Nagi-chan. So here's a tribute for her.
blurb: For whoever it was that I stole the Chibi `Nagi wallpaper from years ago.
 
trailer: `If you were thrust back into that world of which you always hated, in that constant reminder of who you are and who you were and who you might have been'
disclaimer: I don't own, claim to own, or make profit off of any canon elements.
 
___________________________________________________
 
Forgive me, I know not what I have done.
 
(of what I've done to you)
 
Would you cry when it finally breaks you?
 
For if my love had not been so hateful,
 
When I bury deep inside your heart and burrow beneath your skin and niggle in the back of your mind…
 
(I was so full of hate)
 
Would you cry when it is suddenly realised that you cannot get away from this harrowing doom and this painful abnormality and this lost innocence?
 
I should not have taken your hope.
 
Would you cry as I tear your soul?
 
(it is all some have, hope)
 
When it becomes too much to handle the tortured memories and the fractured destiny and the unforgiven ruin…
 
But I was lost without you by my side.
 
Would you cry as I remind you of everything you ever tried to repress away in fear and in shame and in broken-heartedness?
 
(was lost at your side)
 
Would you die each time your peace is endangered?
 
And as in life, so in death,
 
When I am inside you taking away everything you cherished and tearing down the life you built and stealing away the freedom you won and breaking down the calm you embraced…
 
(will it haunt you, my life my death)
 
Would you die each time my hurt shows itself in that constant reminder of who you are and who you were and who you might have been?
 
I shall stand aside and stand alone.
 
Would you die if the path suddenly veered and the map burned?
 
(this is beginning of forever)
 
When you are reminded of my madness and of your sacrifices and of their camaraderie…
 
Forgive me, I was wrong.
 
Would you die if the quiet were broken and you were thrust back into that world of which you always hated, you always hated, you always hated?
 
(I was lost, am lost)
 
Would you hate me for bringing you inside again, for forcing you into your fate, for keeping you from the mundane?
 
I willn't hurt you again.
 
When you enter a battle with your self or with your family or with your friends…
 
(I'm sorry.)
 
Would you hate me for giving you all I ever could to keep you safe even though it wasn't enough, it's never enough, under-appreciated, I'm never enough?
 
The answer's beyond life's station
 
When I betray your trust and question your justice and demoralise your virtue and slay your life and challenge your wisdom…
 
(as my crimson moon fades from view)
 
Would you hate me for being me?
 
I cannot save you from this
 
(you were my saviour)
 
___________________________________________________
 
owari