Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Confusing Me ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi! Well, I don't really have much to say except R&R!! Hehe. Amy H.

Confusing Me-Chapter 1

Rowen stood outside with his hands in his blue jean pockets. A heavy sigh came from his lips and he looked to the dark clouds rolling in.

He felt more relaxed now that the storm was heading in, it wasn't suppose to be bad, except for the fact that it was going to be a big lightning storm.

He smiled in spite of that fact, he loved lightning and this was just what he needed to soothe his wandering mind. He had been asking himself lots of questions lately and now he would get to relax.

He had been wandering on the fact that maybe Talpa wasn't dead, maybe he was still alive, he had nearly killed them all if it weren't for Ryo and that worried him. Would they be able to fend him off if he came back? What if someone more powerful came along? Sage had told him to stop worrying, but what if no one else worried, who would be there to worry? He groaned and put a hand to his head.

He suddenly looked up when he heard a twig snap. His eyes darted around cautiously. Was it here? He looked around more frantically. Was he right? Where was it?! He was about to drive himself insane!! It was getting to him. Cold sweat trickled down the sides of his face and dripped off his chin. His dark blue eyes still darting around wildly when they landed on a pair of eyes staring at him from the trees. He froze and locked his eyes with the other eyes. He studied their eyes and noticed the sea green color they held. Their eyes reminded him off the lake near the Ronin's house.

Sai then stepped outside from the sliding glass after a rumble of thunder passed. "Hey buddy, shou.." He was cut off when Rowen thrust his hand out and said "shh." Sai blinked and looked around. What was it? Sai rolled his eyes. It was another of Rowen's worrying problems. He was about to tell him it was nothing when he caught sight of the pair of eyes. They shifted to Sai which startled him and Rowen kind of jumped. Sai frowned and raised a brow at the eyes.

As another loud rumble passed, Sage came outside. "Hey guys, wha.." He was also cut off when both Rowen and Sai told him to "shh." Sage followed Rowen's gaze and spotted the pair of eyes also. The eyes then shifted to Sage and they disappeared in the rustles of the trees. Apparently Sage wasn't ready to give up, he ran forward after the eyes and disappeared in the tree as well. Sai and Rowen exchanged glances and ran off after him.

The pair off eyes belonged to a girl just about Sage's height. She had short blonde hair that was lighter than his and it touched the tips of her shoulders, but now flowed behind her a bit and she had one inch thick bang on each side of her face that went down to her chin. Her eyes shifted to the side to see Sage chasing her. She growled and ran faster. She should have ran along time ago before they all came, now she would surely die. She wore dark blue spandex pants and a light blue jacket tied around her waist with a dark blue T-shirt. She looked normal but you shouldn't mistaken her for what she could turn into. She had a bracelet around her left wrist. It was blue and had a purple jewel in the middle. She had tried to take it off and she didn't even know why she tried when she knew it was impossible. She had escaped before they could take her memory away.

She looked back again. Shit. He was fast, she would have to put on her first coat of armor then. She put a hand to her wrist and grunted as a first coat of purple armor appeared on her. Sage blinked and almost forgot to run as she speed up with the first coat of armor that looked like theirs on. He then got into his green first coat of armor and ran faster after her.

The girl relaxed after a bit, knowing she had shook him off with her speed, but when she looked behind herself, there he was in armor similar to hers. She immediately stopped and he stopped some feet from her. She turned around quickly and studied him while he studied her. A smile crept across her face and a look of relief seem to pass her features. "You're one of the Ronin warriors?" She asked.

He blinked. "Yea, but so are you….sort..of."

She grinned. "Oh, thank goodness, I thought you were one of them, oh this is great." She kind of panted and Sage just kind of started at her with a are-you-psycho look.

She looked behind him as Sai and Rowen came running up. They stopped a foot behind Sage and looked to her.

"Whhhaaaaaa? She has the same bloody armor as we do!" Sai yelled out for them all to know.

Sage started to laugh. "Man Sai, you never fail to make me laugh."

Sai raised a brow. "I can't help it, it's my accent. Sheesh."

Rowen growled and looked to the girl who was blinking in confusion.

"Weird bunch." She said crossing her arms. "But you are the Ronin."

Sage spoke this time. "How'd you get that armor?"

"If you show me to your house and sit me on the couch, I'll tell you, cause I'm sure you don't want to be fried." A large bolt of lightning crashed down from the sky some ways from them. The girl didn't even seem to mind, she was standing there like she was some ultimate lightning goddess.

Sage sighed. "Alright. Come on then." He broke into a run again back to the house and she followed as Rowen and Sai took the rear of the group.

"This is weird." Rowen commented.

"I thought we were the weird ones?" Sai looked to him with a smile.

"Ugh, just. Ugh. Dude man, shut up!" Rowen smacked his forehead while Sai started to laugh hysterically.

"Where do you get those gay kicks?" He growled.

"From you, of course." He stuck his tongue out and Rowen just ignored him as they reached the house and stopped.

Kento was up against the glass of the sliding door, looking at them with his cheek pressed to it. Ryo sat on the couch with a sweatdrop accompanying him. Sage walked up to the glass and raised a brow at Kento. "Kento open the damn door."

He stuck his tongue out and pressed it to the glass.

Sage groaned in disgust and brought his fist up, pounded on the glass where Kento's cheek was, Kento automatically flew backward and landed on Ryo and the two went tumbling from the couch to the floor. Sage then opened the door and motioned to the others outside.

Rowen and Sai stood looking down with embarrassment as the girl stood looking at the door with a sweatdrop.

She walked up and looked to Kento and Ryo on the floor. "Is it safe?"

Sage about fell over. "Yes, it's safe, just go inside." He pushed her in and Rowen and Sai followed.

They all sat at the couch now. Yolei was out on a vacation to their grandparents and Mia was away visiting a friend. Mia had grown close to Ryo and the two had slept together which didn't surprise any on the other Ronin.

Sage was the first to speak yet again. "So, what's your name?"

"My name is Lina Chun." She looked down.

"Well I'm Sage Date." He pointed to himself. "That's Ryo Sanada." He pointed to the guy with the long black hair. Ryo nodded. "He's Rowen Hashiba." Sage pointed to the guy with the blue hair. Rowen smiled to her. Sage rolled his eyes. "That's Cye Mouri." He pointed to the guy with slightly auburn hair. Cye gave her a thumbs up. "And last but not least, this is Kento Fuan." He pointed to the chubby looking guy with short black hair. Kento just waved.

Lina nodded her head. "It's nice to meet all of the great Ronin's."

Sage looked to her and put a hand on his knee. "How'd you get out here and how comes you have armor like ours?"

She sighed. "It's a long story."

"We have plenty of time." Ryo spoke up.

"I don't." She looked to him with a raised brow.

"Why is that?" Ryo countered.

"Cause someone is after me."

"We are the Ronin warriors, no one is harming you with us around, now cooperate and tell us this long story." He said with a firmer tone.

Lina frowned and looked down. "Fine…..this is how it happened…"

(Flashback)

"Jin?" Lina yelled from the couch in their apartment living room.

Her brother appeared from the hall. "What?" He had short blonde hair that spiked outwards. Some hung over his face, but didn't cover his eyes. He was just about Rowen's height.

"Hurry up, track is going to start in five minutes!" She whined.

He groaned and rolled his eyes, heading into the kitchen. "Ok, ok."

She heard him grab his keys from the table. "Let's go." He said, walking into the living room. She already stood jumping by the door. He grinned and shook his head, walking over and opening the door. She speeded out but came rebounding back into his arms, making him stumble back a bit. He looked up to a tall, muscular looking dude in a black suit.

Lina stood straight and looked at the man with horror.

"We found you. You can run, but you can't hide." His low voice boomed and a big grin appeared on his face.

Jin backed up and grabbed his sister, running down then hall into his room and locking the door then he opened his window. "Go!" He commanded her.

She was shaking all over. She ran to the window and jumped out, it was about a ten foot fall but their life was at stake. She hit the ground with a thud and he brother thudded next to her. He picked her up and they ran to the pedestrian gate that led to the street, their apartment complex was surrounded by a big brown gate. He pressed the code in and ran for it. She followed him at top speed, she couldn't slow down or he would yank her onward since his hand was wrapped around her wrist. They were both in track thank goodness, but her brother was still faster even if she was top of the team. He still didn't want to let go of her though, his sister was the most precious possession. Those men had killed their parents and she was all he had left, he wouldn't let them have her.

They rounded the corner and ran into the K-mart's back alley that was near their apartment complex.

She looked behind her to see if they followed but ran into her brother when he suddenly stopped. She looked up and peered around his arm. A black limo blocked their way plus about ten other guys in black suits. Jin and Lina were about to run the other way when three others blocked their way back. Jin cursed under his breath and looked around.

Lina clung to him with fear. She was the one who had been there to have to watch her parents die in front of her eyes. Her brother only came home to find them dead and Line hiding in the corner where her parents had put her to keep her hidden from the men. They got the authorities but when they came back, everything was normal. They said their parents were alive, but Lina had seen it with her own eyes. When they went back home the men had come back and they nearly escaped and that led them to move to the apartments and change their names. Lina's real name was Cassie and her brother's name was Jeremy. Their last names both being Aogiri.

Jin had no escape, they were both trapped. So he wrapped his arms around his sister tightly and the men closed in.

(End Flashback)

Lina could barely keep her voice comprehensible. Sage sat next to her, patting her back. "They took our lives away." She cried.

"What happened to your brother?" Ryo asked with concern.

Lina sighed and let out another sob. "We were tooken to a huge facility in the middle of this huge forest. Don't worry, it's miles and miles away from here." She corrected, seeing the look on Kento's face. "It was deeply hidden even though it was huge. I woke up in this blue container, my brother lay in another next to me. He was on his side staring at me. We couldn't do anything to escape, it was futile. I still have no idea why they brought us here, I didn't even know who they were, but my parents did, but they were dead so me and my brother were left clueless. This man in a white lab coat walked in and he took my brother from the container, I didn't know what happened but later they brought him back in. He was unconscious and I noticed this dark gray bracelet on his wrist it had a black jewel in the middle." She stopped and looked to the bracelet on her wrist. "He couldn't take it off, it was metal and could only be tooken off with a special key. The key was small and gold. I watched him try but it didn't help. Next they came in and took me, my brother threw a fit, but yet again he couldn't do anything about it. I was put in a large white room, but I was put out, so I didn't know what happened. I woke up and I was being carried. I could hear raspy breath. I could feel cold metal, I looked down and saw black armor. I was put down when the armored figure let out a yell and soon I was sitting in the back of the red cargo truck. Then and only then did I see his face. My brother had saved me but he couldn't make it, he looked at me and smiled then ran into the trees next to the road. After that I hid in the back. I had no idea where I was going or where I even was." She stopped again, taking a deep breath. Sage encouraged her to go on. Ryo handed her some water. She smiled. "Thanks."

He nodded and stepped back. She took a gulp and then looked forward, continuing. "I finally jumped out when morning arrived and all around me was forest, I headed into the forest and looked to the bracelet, after trying to take it off, I got angry and slapped my hand over the jewel and I transformed into the first armor like yours. I don't know how to get into the second armor though. I noticed I could run faster and I had more power. It's kind of uncomfortable so I took it off just by putting my hand over the jewel again. Then I just ended up seeing Rowen and I was trying to see if he was one of them or not. Now I'm here." She finished much to her relief.

She looked around. They all stared at her with unblinking eyes.

Kento was the one who cu the tense moment when he leaned so far over he fell on his face.

Lina looked to him with a sweatdrop. Ryo sighed. "You don't anything else?"

Lina nodded. "No, I'm sorry."

Ryo looked down, he was in deep thought. "It's ok, I'm just trying to figure out why that would make those bracelets." He walked over to her and kneeled down. "Let me see your bracelet."

She held her arm out to him and her examined the bracelet. He turned it upside down and saw the word "Shadow" printed on it. Ryo stood up. "Stand and put your first coat on."

Lina blinked, but did as he said. She put the purple armor on.

"Now I want you to put your hand over your wrist and say, Armor of Shadow, Doauji." Ryo stepped back and the others looked at her then to Ryo with question. Sage got what he was doing and stepped back as well.

Lina looked to the jewel and placed her hand over it. "Armor of Shadow, Doauji!" She slightly yelled. She turned into armor like theirs. It was purple and had three yellow horns that were placed at the front of her helmet and went upwards.

The other Ronin warriors blinked and looked to each other. This was diffidently weird. They looked back to the overwhelmed Lina. Breaks didn't seem to come easy, but they knew that. Evil was always lurking.

TBC….

Well how'd that sound. Sorry for the big story but I had to explain it and I am BAD at explaining things so please forgive. ^-^ It will get more interesting soon. So please Review and keep reading despite the bad writing I have. Hehe. ^-^;; Amy H.