Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Death Hospital ❯ Death Hospital ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes : Ok, this is a strange fic. For those who are actually interested, I'm in it! Yes, it's a self insert (if you are looking for me I'm under the name Ombre, it mean shadow in French), but it's not a Mary Sue (those are evil!). The idea strike me while reading a BD, so it's kind of weird (with stupid ideas too, so be nice! I'm especially thinking about the sickness's name, which IS NOT my idea!). Anyway enjoy. Words between // are the thoughts of the characters.

Warning : Yaoi, humor, some OCC, a straight pairing and AU. Rated PG-13 for language, death and allusion to sex. Oh and one of the boys will be in drag somewhere along the way so help yourself ^^. And no it's not Seiji!

Disclaimer : I don't own the troopers, they belong to sunrise and I'm not making any money of it so don't sue me. You won't get anything, I'm broke. I don't own the BD and all the names aren't mine either. I only own myself and a bunch of yaoi doujinshi so bug off.

Death Hospital

by Shadow of Arashi

Inspector Kento Rei Fan was bored. He was waiting for more than a hour now in this loud and hot hospital waiting-room and he was hungry.

Just as he was looking toward the door, the nurse stepped into the room and he almost gets up, hoping it would be his turn. But the nurse called another person.

"Mr. Ryo Sanada please"

A black hair young man followed the nurse and she closed the door once again. Kento fell back against his seat and made a pitiful sound.

Then he felt a hand on his arms and raised his head slightly. A auburn hair young man was looking at him with kind sea blue eyes and was holding a small box in his hand.

"Would you like some praline? You look like you could use some. I always cook when I'm feeling nervous, so I came with those in case people would like it…"

Kento barely restrained his urge to hug the young man and gratefully accepted the pralines. Then he faces the man and asked

"What's your name? Oh by the way thanks for the praline. They are good. I'm Kento Rei Fan."

The auburn hair man smiles happily.

"I'm Cye Mouri. I'm here because my mother believes I'm diabetic. And you?"

Kento sighed.

"My friends kind of scared me yesterday. I fainted in a bar and they said I should see a doctor."

Cye nodded, still smiling.

"I understand. With that frightening new sickness you better watch out your health."

Kento stopped eating his praline and gazed at the young man in surprise.

"What? What new sickness?"

This time it was Cye's turn to be surprise.

"You don't know? There is a new and terrific virus in the country. People get sick and die and the doctors still don't know how to cure it. How did they called it already… Damn I forgot, it's not an easy name so…"

"It's the baxtoplasmose."

Said a soft voice.

"Eh?"

Cye and Kento said at the same time. They turned and saw the speaker, a man with green hair and black eyes. He seems tired and desperate. You could tell just by looking at him that there was something wrong with him.

"What did you say?"

Kento asked him. The man repeated softly.

"It's called the baxtoplasmose. I'm sure I have caught it, that's why I'm here. That damn sickness made me lose my job, my wife, my friends, everything I have…"

Cye shook his head forcefully and putted his hand on the man's shoulder.

"Come on, it can't be that bad. I'm sure you are not sick and that everything will be fine again. I'm Cye Mouri, what's your name?"

"Sekhmet."

Kento also wanted to comfort the poor man and was ready to talk to him when the nurse entered the room again and this time, called his name.

"Mr. Kento Rei Fan please."

Kento got up and waved at his two news friends before entering into the doctor's office.

****

The first thing that Kento saw in the doctor's office, was, precisely, the doctor. And the fact was that you couldn't not see him.

He was a tall, handsome man with long red hair and bright green eyes. He immediately outstretched his hand as a welcome when he noticed Kento and broke into a warm, friendly smile.

"Aaaah, welcome Mr. Rei Fan. So what's your problem?"

Kento stayed quiet for a second, surprised to get so much attention (he couldn't say he was used to it in his line of work) and almost stammered when he spoke.

"Well, I kind of pass out yesterday when I left the bar…"

The doctor nodded.

"I see. Take off your clothes please."

Kento obliged and sat down on the table in the corner of the room. The doctor examined him then and started asking him questions.

"Do you smoke?"

"Oh yes, thank you, I forgot mine."

The doctor raised his eyebrows.

"That was a question, not a proposition."

Kento felt like disappearing into the ground.

"Oups, I'm sorry."

The doctor simply shrugged.

"Don't worry about it. Do you drink?"

"Only a little. You know how is it…"

Kento replied nervously.

"Yes. I read in your file that your were a cop or something like that."

At this point the doctor had finished and he backed away a little.

"Well, in your general condition I think that we should keep you here for some time. A week or two at the most."

Kento gulped.

"You are sure?"

"Yes. Your health need it believe me. Mia, show our new patient his room would you?"

The nurse nodded and turned toward Kento

"Of course. We have a place for you in the room 256. Would you follow me please…"

She said then left the room and made sign to Kento to follow her.

Kento obeyed and took the chance to look at the nurse closely. She was cute with long brown hair that almost reach her waist and wide blue eyes. She was wearing the white uniform of the hospital and didn't have any make-up but she was still very attractive.

Kento was still staring at her when she suddenly spoke.

"It is true that you are a cop?"

She whispered, so softly Kento almost didn't hear her.

"Yes, why?"

He responded in the same low voice.

"Because there is strange things happening in this hospital Mr. Rei Fan."

She murmured cryptically before she turned around so she was facing him.

"I can't talk to you now, but tonight it's my turn to watch the patients so you will just have to ring three time with your alarm and I will come. Don't forget please, I have very important things to tell you… Ring me at midnight."

"It's ok Mia."

A new voice said, startling them. Kento raised his head a little so he was looking above Mia's head and saw another woman with very long blue hair that was reaching her knees staring at them. She had very deep blue eyes and red eye shadow with a matching red lipstick. She was wearing her hair in a high ponytail.

"You can go Mia, I will take care of this man for you. Go back to the doctor, I think he will need your help."

She said with a strangely empty voice that made Kento slightly uneasy.

"A- as you wish Mrs. Kayura."

Mia almost stuttered, obviously scared before she walked away quickly, but not before throwing an pleading look to Kento who cringed inwardly. Something was definitely wrong there, and he was going to found out what. He would made sure of that.

****

Later in the afternoon…

A young, small nurse pushed the door of the room 256 open with her trolley and entered the room before announcing in a sing song voice

"Dinner is ready!"

A dark blue hair man immediately dropped his newspaper and called her.

"Ah Miss! It was time, I said that I wanted a single room! Alone, is that so hard to understand?!"

The young nurse simply thrown back her waist-length auburn hair with her hand and replied.

"I'm sorry Mr. Cale, but there is so many sick people that we can barely receive them all. You will just have to deal with it."

The man muttered something vicious but the small nurse shrugged and lose any interest in him. Then she started to serve the dinner, which make all the others quite happy.

Kento was especially impatient to eat, as well as Cye. Kento took this opportunity to observe his roommates.

There was Cye, the auburn hair man who had offered him praline, Sekhmet the man they had met on the waiting-room, Cale the blue hair man and a black hair boy that Kento recognize as Ryo Sanada, the boy who had been just before him.

Then the nurse turned the TV on for them and left with the promise to come back later on. Kento waved at her, noting her name, Ombre, for later use and took the remote to found something on TV that wasn't a stupid soap opera.

He finally gave up and listened to the 19 pm news instead.

Then he almost jumped on his hospital bed when he recognized the doctor who had examined him in the morning on the screen. The doctor was sitting in front of the camera, wearing his white coat and a pair of brown pants, slightly darker near his feet.

Kento increased the sound and listened carefully.

"So Dr. Anubis, what can you tell us about that new illness, the baxtoplasmose ? We all know you are the best doctor around on this new plague and we would like to know what kind of progress the science had made already?"

"Well… I can tell you we are working very hard to fight this sickness and find a cure, and we have made some interesting progress already. It just a matter of time before this illness disappeared totally…"

CLICK

"Hey! Why did you turned the TV off?!"

Kento shoot at the blue hair man. Cale shrugged and climbed back into his bed.

"I'm tired and I want to sleep. I think we all should. So just shut up and let honest people get some rest !"

"You don't have to be so rude you know."

Cye pointed out, and hide under his sheets quickly when Cale shoot him a murdering look. Kento glared at the man but leaned back into his bed and tried to sleep anyway.

It was true, he was tired, and he wanted to be fully conscious when he talk to that nurse Mia tonight. Kento closed his eyes and soon fell asleep, but not before putting on his watch alarm clock.

****

Kento groaned and hide his head under his pillow when a small, piercing soon woke him up. He sat up in bed briskly when he remember what it was and he turned the watch alarm clock off. He let out a sigh of relief when he noticed that the sound, luckily, hadn't woken up anyone.

Then he started looking for the button that will call the nurse and finally finding it, rang 3 times. He didn't have to wait long when a minute later the door opened slowly, letting out a soft light pour into the room.

Kento could make out a tall, elegant frame against the light, but was shocked when he found out it wasn't Mia. Instead of the brown hair girl, a beautiful blonde boy stepped inside and stopped by his bed.

He was wearing a white coat and white pants, rather tight looking for a nurse Kento noticed, and seems to be in his twenties. His blonde hair was falling elegantly across his feminine face, hiding one of his pale violet eyes.

The young man smiled at him and looked at the paper next to his bed before talking softly.

"You called Mr. Rei Fan? Do you need anything?"

"But… I… Well… No.. I thought it was Miss Mia who…"

"Oh I see. Miss Mia had to leave for the time being. I'm doing her job instead. My name is Sage. What can I do for you sir?"

"Well… You wouldn't have any cigarettes by any luck, do you?"

The blonde shook his head with a smile.

"Tssss… Get out off bed and come smoking outside then."

Kento nodded and jumped out off bed eagerly before following the blonde. Outside of the room Sage pulled a packet of cigarettes out off his pocket and gave some to Kento.

"I shouldn't do this you know…"

"I know, thanks."

"So what do you wanted to do with Mia? You had a date with her or something?"

Kento didn't replied and smoked silently, staring at the wall in front of him. Sage just sighed and took a cigarette as well.

They stayed like this for 15 minutes, then Kento left the blonde and get back to sleep, more confused than before.

****

The next day at dawn…

An old man was sitting in front of a small river which running behind the hospital, looking at the water peacefully.

He was fishing and singing a tune absently to himself, trying to protect himself from the icy wind at the same when he felt he had something.

He then started to drag the thing to the surface and slowly, something appeared at the surface of the water.

The old man stared at it for a moment as it appeared, and suddenly his eyes grew huge. He dropped his line and started screaming at the top of his lungs, still staring at the thing in the water.

"AAAH! Help! Police! Police!! Someone call the cops!"

In the middle of the river, the corpse of the dead nurse Mia was bathing in blood and water…

****

Seven am…

"Oh come on Mr. Sekhmet, you need to eat something if you want to heal!"

The young nurse pleaded as the green haired man pushed his plate to the side.

"I'm sorry miss Ombre, but I'm not feeling well… I'm not hungry…"

Ombre sighed then smiled at the man, who seemed honestly sick. She then spotted Kento in front of the window, looking at something through the glass.

"And you Mr Kento, what are you doing? Your coffee is going to be cold you know."

She said. Kento didn't noticed her and kept staring outside for a moment, then he spoke, startling everybody.

"Hey, isn't that the nurse Mia? She is floating in the middle of the river…"

The next second everyone was in front of the window, looking at Mia's corpse in the water. The shock was spreading in the room, leaving everyone speechless.

Finally Cye snapped out of his trance.

"Miss Ombre, you should call the police or something you know…"

"Hai, I'm on my way…"

Ombre whispered, face white and looking ready to cry. She made sure everyone was okay in the room and left as quickly as she could, leaving Kento to wonder about this new turn of event…

****

Two hours later…

"Ah! At least, it was time the police arrive!"

Ombre all but hissed, looking mad. Cye nodded slowly as he watched the cops entering the hospital. He understand the nurse, she was worried about her patients and had asked to be the one to watch after them. She really loves her work he thought.

Cale on the other hand was looking furious and watching his watch.

"Yeah, and it's a perfect excuse for those people of the hospital not to do their job. It's 9 am already!"

"The police must have ask the doctors and nurses some questions, since they arrived so late. It must have taken a lot of their time…"

Kento declared matter of factly, trying to calm the irritated man. Then they all turned their head when they heard the door cracking open behind them.

The doctor Anubis entered, the Kayura woman Kento had seen earlier following him. He now know she was the head nurse of this part of the hospital.

"Now misters I would like you all to go back to your beds, the doctor is going to examine you."

The patients obeyed and soon they were all in their beds. Anubis checked all of them till he got to Kento.

"So doctor, what happened to Mia?"

Kento asked, staring into the doctor's eyes.

"A tragedy, Believe me, we will all regret her. Miss Mia was a very nice girl and a good nurse… What happened is truly horrible… But don't worry, the police is working on it."

Dr. Anubis said, looking at his watch. Kayura nodded and then turned her head toward the door.

"Yes and speaking of, the superintendent is coming."

"Oh! Inspector Hashiba, what are you doing here?"

The doctor exclaimed, watching the new person who had entered the room. The inspector was a young man with bright, startling blue hair and wide midnight blue eyes. He was smiling and looking very relax, the image of a man content of himself.

"Well, I've noticed that the window of this room give a clear view on the accident's place, so I'm coming for the news, sort of. Who know, your patients might have seen something. We are looking for information everywhere right now, because we don't have a lot of clues yet. There is no footprints, nothing near the river where the body was discovered, so we are still searching."

Hashiba answered, still smiling. Almost at once Cye spoke, happy at the though of being useful.

"Mr. Rei Fan has been the first to see it, he is also from the police you know."

"Really? That's wonderful ! But I don't think we have meet, right?"

"No, I don't think we have…"

"I see."

"No, you don't see a lot in my opinion…"

"Hey, I didn't mean to offence you."

"Yeah yeah…"

"…Okay, forget it. You didn't see anything out of the ordinary since you're here, do you?"

"No, I didn't have a beer or a cigarette since the last 24 hours. It made me very bad and easily irritable…"

At this, Dr. Anubis gently pushed the superintendent Hashiba away from Kento.

"Hum, please excuse him my friend, but Mr Rei Fan is very sick and need his rest. It would do him no good to give him again the taste of investigation."

Hashiba looked embarrassed and gave the doctor a sheepish smile.

"Of course, I understand. I will come back later then, I don't want to disturb your patients anymore than necessary."

"All right, my dear Kayura, you will make sure that everyone took his medicine while I took care of Mr Hashiba over here."

"Of course Dr, it will be done."

Then the doctor and inspector left, leaving Kayura alone to take care of the patients.

Once that the room's door was closed, Mrs.Kayura turned toward the patients and started to give them their medicine one by one, making sure that everybody took it.

She even get mad at Kento who was trying to hide his medicine under the mattress of his hospital bed and later blushed bright red when Ryo slapped her playfully on her butt.

Then she left and they were all left to themselves once again.

****

Later in the afternoon…

Kento stared through the window, bored out of his bed and finally dropped back into his bed with a sigh, having nothing better to do.

"Please Mr. Mouri, give me one more praline would you? I feel like I could use one…"

"Of course, but you can call me Cye you know."

Cye answered before handing the box to him and then Cale who was in the bed next to him.

"And you Mr. Cale, do you want a praline?"

"No thank you… I don't feel good…"

The man whimpered, and true he was looking slightly green. Cye shrugged and eat a praline. On the other bed, the green haired man Sekhmet was sleeping very noisily.

"Please someone make him stop! He is making more noise than a thunder storm!"

Ryo yelled, covering his ears for emphasis. He was sick as well and couldn't stand the noise. Kento stared at them both and eventually got up, if only for the sake to have at least something to do and to be at peace himself.

"Hey, Mr. Sekhmet, wake up!"

He said, shaking him gently. When the green haired man didn't woke up, Kento started being worried.

"Damn! He isn't waking up!"

He shoot, frantically pressing the little button to call the nurse. When nobody came, the others started worrying as well.

"What the hell?! What is she doing this friggin' nurse?!"

Ryo cursed nervously from his bed.

"I don't know but we don't have the time to wait anymore. It may be something serious, I'll go and find help."

Kento replied and the next second he was out of the room faster than if the wind had carried him.

****

Kento ran through the hospital's corridors, looking for someone, anyone. When he saw two nurses he let out a sigh of relief and hurriedly explained his problem, but they refused to help him, claiming they weren't from his section's staff.

Degusted, Kento started running again, until he ran past a door that caught his attention.

"WARNING: Virus Research Laboratory, Access forbidden"

This laboratory was for their section, the viral one. His curiosity getting the best of him, Kento pushed the door.

"Hello, is somebody there ?"

He asked nervously. When he didn't get an answer he stepped into the room. It was dark there, no light was turned on and Kento had to walk cautiously as not to step on something

breakable.

He was starting to think the laboratory was empty when a moaning sound startled him.

"Aaaah!! Aaaaaaaahhh!!

Worried, he walked toward the sound and found a door in the back of the room. Coming closer he saw the door was ajar. Just as he was about to look behind the door the sound started again and he stopped dead in his track.

"Aaah!! Ah! Aaaaah! Oh yessss!! Yes! Harder you heard me?! Harder!!! oh yeeeeeees…."

Kento stared, then blushed brightly. So it was THAT kind of sound… Sighing he still took a look behind the door and almost gagged.

In the backroom two people were screwing each other brains out, nothing he didn't expect, but what he wasn't expecting was for those two people to be the doctor Anubis and the head nurse Kayura.

/Oh shit! I can't believe it! And screwing now and there of all time and all places… but it's a part of life I guess…/

"AAAaaaaaa……"

/Oh ! Great the final moan! Congratulation for the loudest orgasm I ever heard./

Kento thought sarcastically.

/Okay, I will give them 2 minutes to cool off the hormones and then I'm coming in./

"Soooo… did you talk to your wife?"

/Classic…/

"You know she is very depressed lately…"

"Oh please! Anubis stop thinking about this bitch and think about me for a change! Just because you are a good fuck doesn't prevent you from keeping your word."

Kayura spat, venom almost dripping off her voice as she started to dress herself again.

"I know, just have a little more patience, and I will be rid of her…"

Anubis said meekly, but he was cut short by the blue haired woman.

"But I don't have anymore patience! You have been promising me to get a divorce for YEARS now! And I still don't see any change. Don't push me too far Anubis."

Kento was speechless.

"Don't forget that when I met you, you were practically nothing. Just an unknown researcher in a poor little laboratory. It's all thanks to me if you are such a famous doctor today."

"I was unknown but at least I was living in peace…"

"Argh! I hate it when you speak like that!"

Kento was still listening, still as speechless as before and even more surprised. The things you learn everyday…

Caught as he was in his thoughts and what he had just heard, Kento didn't notice the mysterious, eerie shadow which was coming closer behind him until it was too late.

He noticed something was wrong only when he felt a sudden, sharp pain in his shoulder and then, he blacked out.

****

"Aaaaahhhh!!!!!"

Kento awoke with a start, drenched in sweat. What the hell?! Where was he? What happened? Confused, Kento shook his head as thoughts ran in circle in his head.

"Ah Mr. Rei Fan! What a good timing you have! Awake just for dinner!"

"Err? What? Oh Cye it's you… what happened?"

Kento asked, slowly running a hand over his face and trying to shake his sleepiness away.

"It seems you pass out, to put it simply."

"Who took me back to my room then?"

"The beautiful blond who is working here at night. He also took care of Mr. Sekhmet but I'm afraid there is not a lot we can do for him..."

Cye reply in a soft voice.

"Anyway when you are sick you are not suppose to run like a rabbit in the hospital's corridors damnit!"

A new voice said, startling them. The nurse Ombre was here, standing with a fist on her hip and glaring at Kento. Somehow she had entered the room without them noticing it.

"Sorry about that."

Ombre sighed, before shaking her head then smiled. She turned on the TV for the patients then, just as the time as a newsflash. The newsflash was about the death of the unfortunate nurse Mia. Obviously the police didn't know what had cause her death yet, either an accident or a murder.

Kento saw Ombre shivered a bit then the nurse made her way to leave, but the private stopped her.

"Please Miss Ombre tell me, how well did you know Mia?"

"Well we weren't best friends so to speak but we often talk, may it be the weather or something else. And if there is one thing I know, it's that she knew how to swim. She liked the water and used to spend her holidays on the beach."

"…I see."

Ombre let out a sigh then left. Barely a second after she had left Sage entered the room. He stepped into the room and smiled at the people inside, though Kento was almost sure the smile was more directed toward him. But maybe it was just wishful thinking…

"So how is our run away cop today?"

The blonde asked.

"Fine, I saw better days though."

Sage nodded then walked toward Sekhmet's hospital bed. He took a look at the papers next to it, shook his head then closed the curtain around the bed so as to hide the bed and it's patient from the rest of the room.

"Hey, what are doing to Mr. Sekhmet?"

"Mr. Sekhmet is slowly leaving us… this kind of things need some intimacy…"

"Oh… but where you and Ombre were when we call for you?"

"We weren't on duty at the time. I'm sorry nobody thought of looking for replacement. I cant' believe they didn't noticed. Well anyway it's late and you two should better go to bed now."

Sage said softly, walking to the two men and making sure they were both secure into their bed. When he was next to Kento, the blonde bent toward him and whispered in his ear.

"I have some beers and cigarettes for you. Come and join me at midnight."

He then winked and left with the same small secretive smile on his lips. Kento was left speechless once again.

****

Midnight…

Sage turned another page of his book and took a sip of his drink. As he putted down the water bottle he heard soft footsteps coming his way.

/It must be him./

He thought, and turned around to see Kento behind him.

"Ah it's you! Good, you are just on time."

The blonde declared with a smile as he stood up, but soon his expression changed to one of confusion when Kento didn't answer but putted his hands on his hips instead.

His confusion raised up another notch when he felt Kento's hands caressing his rear. He was about to speak when the cop suddenly picked him up and casually rested him on the nearest desk.

Soon enough the ash haired man managed to unbutton his pants and pushed them down to the blonde's knees and was now standing between them, more than ready for some action.

"You know what they said, messing around with death and sickness made you lustful and quick to the point…"

The cop murmured, and Sage couldn't find it in himself to answer right now as the cop was currently making him see stars…

****

Midnight past 15…

"Whouah… for a sick man you sure have one hell of a stamina!"

Sage was in awe, holding his head as delicious shivers of pleasure still ran through his body. Kento didn't answer but the blissful smile on his lips was enough.

"After this you may want something to drink ne?"

The blonde asked, holding a beer can.

"It would be like asking to a blind man if he wants to see!"

Kento exclaimed as he took the can and took a long sip from it. Sage shook his head, his smile still in place.

"Still, don't you think it's weird that you and Cye are in such a good condition when your roommates are all practically on death's door?"

Kento shrugged as he took a large sip of his beer.

"We don't have the baxtoplasmose, that's all. For my case it's suppose to be the heart… By the way I even fainted earlier, you should know since it's you who drag me back to my room."

"Right."

Sage nodded with a smile as he finished to put his clothes back on. Kento watched him, still drinking his beer when an idea literally strike him.

"What do you think happened to Mia anyway? She told me that strange things were happening in this hospital the day I arrived, and the next day she is found dead. I was supposed to meet her for clues yesterday when you show up instead. Also the nurse Ombre told me that Mia knew how to swim, so it can't be an accident. Personally I think that she knew too much on something she wasn't supposed to know. The problem is, I don't know what she knew. Also, Hashiba mentioned that there were no footprint on the shores of the river near the accident, and the shores are covered in mud in this period. So logically there should be footprints. So I wonder… maybe the murder didn't take place behind the hospital, but much higher on the river. Then the water would have carried the body here. What do you think?"

"Well, I believe that beer makes you smarter. This is unusual for sure."

Kento raised an eyebrow at the smirking blond, who just shook his head before continuing.

"But those are only suppositions. You don't have any proofs yet."

"Yeah I know… *sighs* It's so damn annoying not to be able to go and see for myself if what I'm thinking is right. My current health won't let me. Damn, and all I have to do is to follow the river and see where I see footsteps…"

"Don't worry, I will go since you are asking so nicely. It's not a problem for I don't work during the day."

"Really?! You would do that for me?!"

"Sure! I always had a thing for cops. *smiles* I will give you my report tomorrow night. Now got to sleep. I still have plenty of real patients to take care of."

Sage winked and left the room, but not before giving a good night kiss to Kento, who head back to his room with a nice, happy smile on his face and a hand lightly resting on his mouth.

****

The next day…

The Dr. Anubis shook his head sadly as he covered Sekhmet's face with the white hospital sheet of his bed.

"Take care of the body please… This is so sad, poor man. And yet another patient who surrender to this terrible sickness. But we will find a way! I promise we will find a cure to this illness soon, no more people will die because of it, right Mrs. Kayura?"

"Yes doctor."

As the body was carried away Kento looked away sadly, and through his window, his heart jumping in his chest when he spotted the blond nurse walking on the shore next to the river.

He was so busy staring that he barely noticed when the doctor and Kayura left the room, departure obviously being sex induced, if the none too discreet hand of the doctor on Kayura's bottom was any indication.

Vaguely he heard a commotion a few second after their departure and the doctor's voice, as well as Ombre's, both muffled by the door.

"Oh, miss Ombre I'm sorry!"

"It's all right doctor. Nothing broken."

"Good! You had me worried for a second. I'm sorry really I hadn't see behind that door. But what the hell are you doing with all those praline boxes my poor child?!

"Oh those are for Mr. Cye and Mr. Rei Fan. Well in fact they are from Mr.Cye's family but Mr. Rei Fan eats a lot of those too so… He says they are useful as a cigarette substitute."

"Then I won't keep you here any longer."

"Thank you sir."

The next second Kento could see Ombre entering the room, her arms full of pralines boxes with a large, but slightly pained, smile on her face. Her white dress was a little wrinkled and he guessed that she must have been pushed by the doctor when he stormed out with Kayura, making the nurse fell on the floor.

Seeing nothing of it, he just accepted the offered box with a smile of his own and ate his pralines, still thinking about the blond.

****

20 minutes later…

Kayura sighed blissfully as she dressed up, looking at her lover who was smoking silently in a corner of the laboratory.

"Anubis, what's wrong? You are awfully quiet. It isn't like you."

"Kayura…"

"Mmm… yes?"

"Did you noticed how Rei Fan and Mouri seems to be the only one not sick?"

"Yes, and?"

"…And if it was the chocolate, the cure for the baxtoplasmose!"

Kayura gaped at him as if he was insane.

"Chocolate?! You gotta be joking Anubis!"

"But think about it Kayura! It's obvious! Those two are the only one who hadn't fell sick like the other and all they have in common is that they are eating praline all day long."

"Well it's easy to find out, we will just have to give them all cacao through perfusion."

Kayura growled darkly, glaring at Anubis who sweatdropped.

"It's a little early for this… I will analyse this praline I stole from Ombre and see what comes of it first. You see, the cure could be anything inside this praline, so we have to process very cautiously. But I feel that I'm an inch away from making a revolutionary scientific discovery! This virus can start counting the time it still have to live for I will be the one who will put an end to the baxtoplasmose!!!"

Kayura shook her head, throwing a degusted look at the red haired doctor who was completely lost in his own world of fame and glory.

"Pathetic… I bet you will want to be on all the media, will your wife and your kids. You will have to play modest, the perfect husband while I stay in the shadow, so I won't taint your perfect little world right? That's how you see things."

Anubis stared at her, puzzled.

"That's how right! My god Anubis, did you smoke something or are you just plain stupid?! It's me who made you what you are today, don't you dare forget it!"

Kayura snarled, taking hold of the man's coat and shaking the doctor like a leaf.

"B-but Kayura!"

Anubis stuttered, shocked.

"Shut up! We are accomplice in this Anubis, without me and the baxtoplasmose you would still be nothing but a pathetic good for nothing doctor of laboratory, unable to heal anything beside a fucking cold!"

Kayura snapped, glaring at the doctor menacingly. And Anubis could do nothing but whimper in fright and dodged when the blue haired woman started throwing bottles, scalpels and everything she could find at him.

"Admit it! You were happy when the baxtoplasmose showed up right?! It was better than the colds and constipations of your fucking patients!!"

"Kayura! Please! Someone could hear us!"

"You shut up! I made you what you are, I gave you the baxtoplasmose on a silver platter so listen to me Anubis: I don't care that you are playing the fashionable doctor appearing on TV and who is taking his wife and brats on week end. Anyway it's not with her that you will cheat on me, she gave up on you after six kids. But don't touch the baxtoplasmose. You seem to forget that your hands are dirty too Anubis."

"You made me do it…"

"That's it, cry you pathetic baby. We will finish this later when you get your priorities straight. I'm going for a walk…"

****

In the meantime…

Sage was walking along the river, looking here and here in the mud for footprint when he heard a scream.

"HELP!!! HELP!!!! I'M DROWNING!!!!"

Worried, the blond ran toward the source of the scream, only to see the inspector Hashiba deep to his neck in the water of the river. At this sight the blond didn't lose time and helped the cop to climb out of the river and back on the shore

"?! Hashiba?! What are you doing in the middle of the river? And… what the hell are you wearing?"

Hashiba blushed as he looked down at his wet clothes, which were a tight black dress that stopped above mid-thighs and a pink fluffy feather sort of jacket along with a pair of black high heels shoes, before he faced Sage once again.

"Well first of all I want to thank you inspector, without you I would have drown. And as for the clothes… let's say I hoped to caught our criminal by looking like a defenceless woman. You know how they say that criminals always come back to the place of their crimes."

Sage looked at the blue haired man in disbelief before laughing.

"All right I see your point. So you don't believe it was an accident either right?"

"Nope."

"Then what happened to you?"

"A brat pushed me into the river…"

Sage laughed even harder and tried hard to stifle his laugher when Hashiba glared at him.

"Sorry!"

"It's okay, I guess I deserve it. But since you are here I take it you give up this case. Good, I'm glad to see you give up the idea that the murderer is a member of the hospital."

"Actually I didn't. I'm just here to do a task for Mr. Rei Fan."

"Oh, I see. I wonder what you see in him…"

Hashiba made a face, almost looking like he was pouting. Sage choose not to comment.

"You should go and dry yourself before you catch something."

"You are right. Be careful inspector, and don't stay on those cursed shores!"

Sage shook his head in wonder as he watched Hashiba leaving, a trail of water following behind him. Going back to his task, Sage processed to start looking for the famous footprints once again.

****

In the meantime…

Cye stared at his friend as Kento nervously bit his lips, the cop currently walking in circle as he had for the last 10 minutes

"My dear god, what the hell is wrong with you?! You are acting like a caged beast."

Kento didn't answer, one thought running in his head.

/I shouldn't have send him there!! I shouldn't have I shouldn't have…/

Suddenly he stopped, startling Cye.

"Mr. Rei Fan?"

"I can't take it anymore! I'm choking here, Mouri, let's go out for a while okay?"

"Sure, it's not a bad idea. It's always better than spending the whole day here anyway. Let me grab some pralines and I'm right behind you."

"Okay let's go."

Kento didn't lose time after that and all but stormed out of the room, Cye on his heels. Outside they decided to walk at a slower pace, not wanting to attract any unwanted attention from the hospital's staff.

On the way they saw Ombre, who smiled and waved at them as she passed by. The two men smiled and Cye waved back, which earned him a grin from Kento.

"So you like Ombre ne?"

Cye stared at him as if he was insane, before laughing.

"Oh no it's nothing like that! It just that she reminds me of my big sister. She is very nice you know, just like my sister. She is a doctor too. Ombre thinks it nice as she is an only child. She said she never had someone acting like a brother for her before."

"Oh I see."

"Yes, beside you are a fine one to talk about flirt, if you think I didn't saw the way you look at that blond or the way he looks at you…"

Kento almost squealed then, before he blushed and looked down.

"Ah… really?"

"Yes! He he, you lucky boy."

After this the two men continue in silence, until they reach the laboratory where Kento had fainted previously.

"Here look, Dr. Anubis's laboratory. But… what the hell happened?!"

Kento exclaimed, staring at the opened door and the mess of broken glass and chemicals visible on the floor through it. Cye was wide eyes behind him.

Cautiously they both stepped into the room, watching where they were walking so as to prevent their feet from being cut by the broken, smashed pieces of glass.

The whole room looked as if a tsunami has fall upon it. Most of the furniture had been thrown on the ground, as well as most of the medical tools. Scalpels and books lay on the ground.

"My god! What happened here? A earthquake?"

"I don't know Mouri."

Kento muttered. Something was wrong, and he had a bad feeling about it. Then just as they was about to leave in search of the hospital's security, a familiar voice stopped them.

"Hey you! Who allowed you to enter this area?! You should be in your rooms, both of you!"

Turning around quickly, Kento understood at once.

"Dr.Anubis? He he, look like you had some angry words with Mrs. Kayura."

"Fuck off! Shut up and leave me alone! You are healed, you are all healed!!! The baxtoplasmose doesn't exist okay?!! And I would like to be a country doctor…"

"Er?"

Cye and Kento stared, speechless. That's it, until Kento found his cop instincts coming back full force.

//So that's what it was all about.// He thought.

"Doctor… the evening Mia died, you still had mud on your pants… Mud like the one on the shores of the river. I didn't noticed it at first because you were wearing brown pants. I thought it was the color which was growing darker, but in fact it was mud, right?"

The doctor grown pale at those words, before he fell against the nearest wall, holding his head in one hand and sweating profusely. His eyes had taken a slightly wild look, which pushed Kento and Cye to step back a little.

"It's Kayura… it was her who decided that Mia knew too much. So she drugged her and thrown her into the river. The poor girl woke up drown. I didn't have the time to go home and changed clothes before the interview… Kayura… she thought I didn't have enough ambition, but it was because I was unable to heal anything worse than cold! One day she said, just like that: Anubis you have no future in the know sickness, your colleagues are much better at it, so I will invite you a new illness. It's not difficult, a new illness. You just have to poison a patient as they come for a cold or anything else… then instead of giving them the cure, you give them the poison through harmless looking pills, and they end up with the baxtoplasmose… A sick person is quickly scared, so they will take whatever you give them without thinking. Only you have to either kill them or heal them before they understand… But now I don't care! I don't give a damn anymore… I'm sick of it, I would gladly take the baxtoplasmose at 100%…"

Kento stared at the doctor, before running a hand through his hair.

"Good idea…"

But now, he had other things to take care of.

****

On the road…

Kayura was driving her white car, still furious when she spotted a silhouette kneeling near the river, on the very spot she had thrown that stupid girl in the river.

Suddenly worried she stopped her car, before her eyes widen in rage when she recognize the person.

"The bastard!"

****

On the river shore…

Sage gazed at the footprint thoughtfully as he kneeled on the shore, a hand lightly tracing the contour of the footprint in the air.

//This Kento Rei Fan is a very good cop, there are effectively two different kind of footprints…//

"Did you lost something my dear Sage?"

Startled out of his thoughts, Sage straightened to his full height before turning around, his face perfectly expressionless when he was meet by a familiar person.

Kayura.

Sage kept the poker face, giving a dazzling smile to the woman in front of him before showing her a inspector licence as he toss his head toward the footprints on the muddy ground.

"What a good surprise Mrs. Kayura. It's good that you are here, for I have some questions to ask you about Mia's murder."

"So you are from the police… you really have plenty of talents…"

"Maybe… you see, I asked for an analyse of your pills for the baxtoplasmose, the baxtéralgine a few days ago… it was very interesting."

"…….. You know, it's dangerous to say that to me in a desert place like this one…"

"What?"

Sage was instantly on alert, but he didn't have the time to act on it, as Kayura had already pointed a gun to his chest.

"You are too noisy for your own good young man. And for this you will die in the same spot than Mia!"

"I don't think so."

A calm voice came from behind, startling both Kayura and Sage. The blue haired woman didn't have the time to know what hit her, for she was already out cold on the floor.

Sage stared, confused, before he turned his eyes on his unexpected but more than welcome rescuer. His face broke into a wide, relieved smile when he saw Kento, still holding a heavy looking bottle of gas in one hand.

"Mr. Rei Fan, you are just on time as well! Thank you for your help. But where did you found this… bottle?"

"Oh that, in the laboratory of the Dr. Anubis."

"I see. Were you worried about me?"

The blond asked with a light, teasing tone as he titled his head to the side.

"Only until I learned that you were an inspector… I meet your colleague Hashiba on the way here…"

"…You are mad at me?"

"…"

"*sighs* You are not really sick you know… the other day, when you thought you had fainted… it was me who had given you a sleeping drug. I was afraid that your intervention, which was too soon, would have blow up our work and my cover… I'm sorry about that…"

The blond offered, giving a warm smile to the other cop who looked completely crushed.

"So I'm not sick… good grief. So… you sleep with me for information?"

"Hell no! I sleep with you for your body Kento. I'm not like that. But I guess there is not much I can do to persuade you to believe me right?"

Sage let out a sigh, before he unexpectedly gave a hug to the ash haired cop, who looked like he didn't know if he should hit the blonde or kiss him. Sage resolved his problem for him when he gave him a soft kiss, before leaving with a wave of his hand.

Kento ran a hand through his hair, staring at the retreating form of the blond and still feeling the warm of his kiss on his lips. He could still see him calling the police to come take Kayura as he walk away.

He shook his head then and leave the place as well. He kicked a stone on his way, feeling strangely empty and used. Until he putted his hands in his coat's pockets, and was distracted by the feel of a small piece of paper in his pocket.

Puzzled, he took the piece of paper out of his pocket and examined it. As he did, a wide grin spread slowly on his face.

On the paper was a telephone number and an address. It was signed Sage.

Kento suddenly though that life wasn't so bad.

OWARI