Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny's Warrior ❯ chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Are you ready to do this?" Anubis asked Sakura as they flew through the air, riding on Draco.

"No," Sakura stubbornly said. "I never liked this plan, but hey everyone else says it a good idea."

"Well… it is." Anubis answered.

"You're also not the one who has to save your enemy." Sakura pointed out. "By the way, which Ronin am I saving anyway?"

"Your guess is as good as mine." Anubis admitted. "All we know from Talon is that they send one of them out for scouting every day around sundown. So it will be whoever turn it is is."

Talon suddenly appeared on Sakura's right side and told her where he had seen the Ronin warrior out on his scouting mission.

"Great Talon! You've been a big help, oh and which one is it?" Sakura questioned.

Talon piped off his answer and flew back towards the Shadow lands, his job done. Sakura scowled. 'Of course,' she thought. 'If I have to save one of them it just has to be Ryo doesn't it' she thought sarcastically. 'At least father knows I am doing it this time.'

"There seems to be a good place to land and start the fire." Anubis said pointing to a grassy covered rock that offered a little visibility and cover. Draco gently glided over to the spot and landed. Anubis and Sakura climbed off his back and surveyed the scene.
"You know, it was kind of a good thing that the Ronins came back here." Anubis said. "All this dry grass will make it easy for the fire to spread; your wind will also help."

Sakura looked around and saw he was right. They were on a savannah covered with dry grass and a few cliffs could be seen in the distance. A river winding it wat behind the cliffs ensured that the fire wouldn't get to much out of control.

"All right Draco," Sakura said. "Let's get ready to ice this place."

"Ice?" Anubis asked confused. "I thought we were burning it."

"Well technically we are." Sakura explained, "But since it is Ryo that I'm saving that threw a wrench in the plans, so to speak."

"How is that?" Anubis pressed.

"Well, Ryo holds the armor of the wildfire, meaning his armor works best in situations of extreme heat, like a fire or a volcano. Since that is the case, we are going to have to use ice fire."

"What the heck is ice fire?" Anubis asked.

"Well, ice fire is fire, but with some different traits. Like fire, ice fire burns whatever is flammable, you know, trees, grass all that stuff. But, it doesn't give off heat, like fire does, meaning Ryo can't gain help from it. But it can still kill a person they way fire can. Understand?"

"Yeah, I think so." Anubis said. "But, how do we make it?"

"That's were Draco comes in." Sakura said patting Draco's side. "A dragon has two sacs inside of its stomach. A fire sac and an ice fire sac. With a little help from my magic we can get a pretty good blaze going on." Sakura finished proudly.

"One question," Anubis said holding up a finger. "Won't the fact that it is ice fire make this an unnatural disaster? Because, that would make it obvious that we started the fire."

A good point, but luckily these lands are known for sprouting ice fires. A few dragons live around these areas and they start them occasionally." Sakura answered.

"Perfect," Anubis said with a wicked grin. "And here comes Ryo. Good luck"

Sakura nodded her agreement. "Okay, Draco, you know what to do." Draco looked at her then blew a silvery flame that immediately started to burn in the grass around it. Anubis and Sakura jumped on Draco's back as he blew more of the flame. Sakura called on the wind and a breeze started fanning the flame. Draco then rose into the air high enough not to be seen, but low enough the two riders could see what was happening.

"There's Ryo." Anubis said pointing at the person on the ground. "He should notice the fire soon. Then you'll go and save his butt."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*

Author's note- Okay I admit that I got the whole fire rescue thing from the Lion King II movie, but I couldn't think of anything else. I did try to change things around a bit though. Sorry this chapter is so short. Next one will be the rescue.