Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ End of Pain ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The End of Pain

Chapter 1.

Rowen sat in the middle of his bed, going over his homework for school, which was due tomorrow. As he worked on it, he heard a loud bang outside his room, followed by a slam, and heavy footsteps echoing through the house.

Rowen froze. He got up and peeked out the door. Oh no. His dad. He was back and extremely intoxicated. Rowen's heart pounded in his chest. He might have been a Ronin Warrior, but he was terrified of his dad. Everytime he turned around, he was always getting beat. And every night was no different. It was always the same.

"Rowen!" his dad bellowed as he stomped through the house. "Where are you, boy?!"

Rowen gulped. If he didn't answer that would only worsen his father's fury. Best to just get the beatings done and over with.

He stepped out the door and into the hall. "I'm here, dad," he said, trying to keep his eyes off his father.

"Come here, boy!"

Rowen could detect the anger in his voice. He obeyed wishing that he could just turn and run out that door. He stood before his father.

Mr. Hashiba stared down at his son through drunken eyes. "When I left work today and went to the store, I saw that I was missing some money. Did you take it?"

Rowen frowned. Obviously his father didn't remember he had bought beer last night. He lifted his head and shook his head. "No, I didn't, dad."

Mr. Hashiba glared at him. "Liar!" He struck Rowen across the face, sending the teen sprawling to the floor.

Rowen winced and got to his knees. A kick in the stomach sent him to floor again, followed by a kick in the chest which sent him sliding across the floor. He landed against the wall. OK, you can handle this, he told himself. You've had worse beatings when you fought Talpa. His hair was roughly grabbed and he was jerked to his feet.

Mr. Hashiba stared into his eyes, full of anger and hate. "You are going to pay for ruining my life boy!" he growled, as he grabbed a thin metal pipe. Rowen's eyes widened at the sight of it, and he trembled. The abuse for tonight was just about to begin.

"Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz."

"Firestorm, wake up!"

"Go away!"

"Get up!"

"Get lost!"

"If you don't wake up, I'm going to kiss you."

"EW!"

The girl shot up in bed, glaring at her laughing friend, through one blue eye. The other eye, her right eye, was hidden behind a wall of brown hair, the rest hanging around her shoulders.

Her friend was laughing at her, her white hair flying around her face as she did so. She wished she had a camera.

"Star-chan! Why'd you do that?" the girl whined angrily.

"Because, it's after 6:00 and you still need to do that assignment for Mr. Howel."

"Mr. Howel can do it himself. I'm tired!" Firestorm lifted the cover over her head, prepared to go back to sleep.

"Oh, no you don't!" Star grabbed Firestorm by the leg and dragged her off the bed, causing her to land with a thump.

"OW! Alright, that's it!" Firestorm grabbed a pillow and swung it at her friend who shrieked and ducked.

Star grabbed a pillow, and the two friends engaged themselves in a pillow war.

Ryo sighed as he went through the bills. He took what was his, and then set Mia's up on the mantel. A large white tiger walked in the living room. "Hey, White Blaze," he greeted. White Blaze purred as the teen rubbed his ear.

The door opened. "We're home!" a loud voice exclaimed. Ryo grimaced. Good thing Mia wasn't home, otherwise Kento would have been hit with something.

"Hi, Kento, Cye."

"Hi, Ryo," Cye greeted as he took off his jacket and hung it up. Kento walked right into the kitchen as Cye sat down on the couch.

"So how was the movie?" Ryo asked.

Cye rolled his eyes. "Horrible! Kento liked it. That's all that matters though."

Ryo nodded, and then remembered something. "Oh, you got something in the mail." He handed Cye a letter.

"It's from my mom." He tore it open. 'Dear Cye. How are you baby. He rolled his eyes with a smile. Things are fine here in England. I'm doing a lot better now. I sold three pottery jars worth about $300 each. Oh terrific wonderful news! You're going to be an uncle in six months! Sayoke and Reski are having a child! Can you believe it! I hope everything is well with you and your friends. Come see me sometime when school lets out for a break. Bring your friends. I love you. Take care. Love Mom.'

"What's it say?" Ryo asked.

"My sister's pregnant," Cye said with a smile. "I'm going to be an uncle!" He got up from the couch and ran for the kitchen. "Hey, Kento!"

Ryo watched the young boy with a smile.

Sage heard someone pounding at the back door of his house. He was alone, his parents at work, and his sisters both gone, and his grandfather out on a business trip somewhere in Tokyo.

He set his math homework down and headed for the backdoor and opened it.

"Rowen!"

Rowen stared at him through tears. He looked shaky, and Sage could see bruises on his face along with a cut under his left eye.

"Sage, can I please come in?" Rowen begged. Sage nodded, stepping back so he could enter. He shut the door behind him.

"It's your dad again, isn't it?"

Rowen nodded slowly, tears running down his face. Seeing him like this infuriated Sage. He pulled the younger teen close to him and held him.

Rowen cried out in pain and Sage quickly pulled back alarmed. He went behind him and lifted his shirt and gasped with shock.

Rowen's back had multiple dark bruises all over. "Oh my god," Sage murmured. He gently placed his hand over Rowen's back and began to glow green as he healed what he could. He could feel the boy's tension as he laid his hand on his back. Sage pulled away and let Rowen's shirt fall back into place.

"Domo," Rowen said as he sniffled. Sage nodded. He was angry. He did not see why the Police wouldn't do anything. The last time he and Rowen had gone to them, they had yelled at the teens for causing trouble and had Rowen's dad come and take them home. Rowen got into trouble for that as well.

"Let's get the rest of you tended to, alright?"

Rowen nodded and let Sage lead him to the bathroom. He sat on the toilet, letting Sage tend to his cut, and applying cold cream to his bruises. He gave him a couple of Advil for pain.

"Are you going to be all right?" Sage asked with concern.

Rowen hesitated, but then slowly nodded. "Hai, I'll be fine now. Sage, can I take a nap here? I'm really tired."

Sage nodded and led him to his room. He helped Rowen into his bed and pulled the green comforter over him. Rowen fell asleep instantly. Sage headed for the door, glancing back at his friend. If only Rowen did not have to go through this. If only the abuse could be stopped. He left the room, shutting the door behind him to give Rowen peace and quiet.

Rowen looked up when two girls entered History class. Cye sat next to him, twirling his pencil. Other students walked in and took their seats just as the bell rang.

Rowen did not want to think of last night. His back had healing bruises, half of them gone from Sage healing him. When he had woken up from his nap, both he and Sage had gone over to Mia's. Ryo, Kento, and Cye, and Mia had been angry and upset about what had happened to Rowen. Ryo and Kento had even offered to kick his ass. But none of them had been more furious than Sage.

Rowen shook that all from his head as the teacher walked in. Ms. Clevitio. The bell rang. "Quiet, students. Take your homework out and pass it to the front."

The students obeyed, and the teacher went through him. She frowned then glanced at the brown haired girl sitting on Cye's right side.

"Firestorm, where is your history homework?" the teacher demanded.

"I was on my way home from school yesterday, my homework clearly inside my backpack. When all of the sudden a gang of thugs surrounded me. I did not know them. They did not know me. They pulled my hair and laughed at me, spitting in my face. They took my homework and fled without much grace. I chased them all the way to Victor's Street. I wanted to beat them up from taking my work which was not yet complete. But then I figured what's the use? There's four of them and much bigger than me. I would be put in the hospital for trying to mess with them. They looked through my homework and I waited to see what their rockheads could be capable of learning. They turned page after page, laughing as their greasy hands soiled my homework. And then I before I knew it they ripped it all to pieces."

The class hooted and applauded as Firestorm took a bow. The teacher rolled her eyes. "Fine," she said with a sigh. "Just do it tonight and bring it in tomorrow. Now class let's review yesterday's lesson. Open your history books."

The books were open, and the teacher began to review. As Star paid attention, Firestorm was busy doodling on her notebook. Suddenly her name was called.

"Firestorm?"

"Yes, Ms. Clevitio," she said, quickly looking up.

"Please explain to me what a dynasty is."

"It's a Netherrealm ruled by Talpa and the four dark Warlords," Firestorm said seriously. The students began laughing, but Rowen and Cye stared at her a bit mystified. How could she have known about that? they both wondered. It was impossible!

"No, that is not the answer I'm looking for," the teacher snapped, and called someone else. Firestorm shrugged and continued to doodle.

When the bell rang, signaling the end of the period, Rowen caught Firestorm and her friend walking down the hall.

"What made you say that, Firestorm?" Star asked.

Firestorm shrugged as they stopped at her locker. "I don't know," she replied as she opened it. "I've been having these weird dreams of nine armors and an ugly evil being. I really don't know what made me say that. I just did."

Star nodded, then noticed the blue haired teen walking by. "Man, is he hot!"

"Who?" Firestorm asked as she put her history book in her locker and grabbed her math.

"Him," Star answered, pointing toward the boy. "Rowen Hashiba! He *is* fine!"

"Personally, I like that Cye Mouri," Firestorm said dreamily, as she clutched her books to her chest.

The bell rang. The two girls looked at each other in horror. "Ahhh! We're late!"