Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Family Debts ❯ Guide ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Family Debts Guide
First off, I must say "Domo arigato" to Swiftgold for letting me use her Snake-God fic as reference for Family Debts. Just as Swiftgold has a biology background on her Ka'ei (Snake-gods), I invented one for the Ahkrushians.
The Ahkrushian race is very similar to the Ka'ei - they are immortal, the females have seasons, there are Matches, children cannot be born through pain or into pain. The physical difference is that the Ahkrushians have crisscross lines instead of scales. Ahkrushians also have an alternate beastlike form that they use mostly for battle.
There is one Ahkrushian female respected by all, the Queen Mother. She is the oldest, most powerful, and holds all knowledge of the Ahkrushians. About every 100,000 years, there are eleven males born who do not have a Match. These eleven males are the Chosen. Eventually, not as many children will be born until the last Matched pair gives birth to only one female. She is the Chosen Daughter; one of the eleven males will be her mate and she becomes the next Queen Mother, who receives her knowledge and powers from the Queen Mother before her. The old Queen Mother then dies. The new Queen Mother gives birth to ten females for the remaining Chosen and the process starts again.
The Queen Mother prior to the one that Essah refers to in Family Debts died for some unknown reason before she was able to pass her knowledge and powers to the Chosen Daughter. Therefore she had to relay on the eleven Chosen to guide and protect the future generations. After 100,000 years the cycle began again, but the Chosen for the new generations were extremely arrogant, believing that they were far more superior to the Ka'ei and considered themselves as a deities, like the Old Ones that they worshipped. The peace between the Ahkrushians and the Ka'ei was being threatened due to the Chosen's attitude.
Never in the entire existence of both races was there a union between an Ahkrushian and a Ka'ei. Essah's older brother, Resayo and Goshiem's older sister, Leinisha were the only ones that did not have a Match among their own kind.
Leinisha was hiding in the Mortal Realm for the length of her season. Concerned for his childhood friend, Resayo followed her and the two made love - and for the first time, Leinisha didn't feel pain. The union resulted in pregnancy and they did their best to hide their secret. Despite their silence, the Chosen found out about Leinisha conceiving Resayo's child. It highly disgusted them that a Ka'ei had impregnated an Ahkrushian. The Chosen brought the couple before the Queen Mother and demanded that the child be destroyed. But the Queen Mother didn't agree; she believed that the child was a blessing - finally after so many countless millennia, the Ka'ei and the Ahkrushians would be united as one blood.
Unfortunately, the Chosen didn't agree with the Queen Mother and killed Leinisha, Resayo, and their baby, ripping the unborn child from Leinisha's womb. Essah and Goshiem were around the very young age of twelve when their older siblings were killed. Angered by the Chosen's actions, the Queen Mother imprisoned them onto a seal but she did not have the power to kill them. Finally, she decided the Ahkrushians could no longer exist.
Around the time of the Queen Mother's decision, the Ka'ei began to fight amongst themselves and many were killed. The Queen Mother spoke with Essah and Zeteiahn of her idea to change the younger generation of the Ahkrushians to Ka'ei, while the older ones committed suicide. Goshiem was the only one that wasn't changed. The Chosen tricked him into believing that it was the Ka'ei who had the Queen Mother imprisoned them, and killed the rest of their people. They told Goshiem that they needed a female, and the only way to have a female would be to use a human woman. Goshiem would have to use his own blood to make his daughter full Ahkrushian and then kill himself on the seal to free the Chosen.
After the Ahkrushian children were turned into Ka'ei, the Queen Mother stabbed herself before Talpa. Essah then brought her to the Mortal Realm. Before she died, the Queen Mother prophesied that Goshiem would father two children upon a human woman - a boy and a girl. She told Essah that he must not let Goshiem take the girl to the Chosen. During the centuries, Goshiem raped fifty women and killed them except for the last one - Jinmin and Parz's mother.
Ahkrushian half-breeds also differ from the Ka'ei half-breeds. Ka'ei half-breeds aren't immortal like their Ka'ei parent; although they have a longer lifespan than that of humans. Jinmin and Parz are immortal and never aged passed their twentieth birthday. Their powers are great and they can change into their alternate form. The crisscross lines starting on the back of the left wrist exists at birth, and grows up the arm, spreading through the rest of the body after every time they change forms. Unlike Jinmin, Parz has her own visions and can enter other people's minds, especially those of her human kin, but she cannot control them.
Essah became Parz's "father" while growing up and she couldn't love him any other way. During her first two hundred years of life, Parz's love and loyalty for Essah was tested many times - especially since Sekhmet's birth. Parz tried several times to take her distant cousin away, but Essah stopped her. He believed that if she did, Talpa would find them both. And Parz couldn't get over why she never told Essah that she and Sekhmet had the same human blood in their veins. She had to watch Sekhmet from afar, eventually seeing him imprisoning Essah and joining the Dynasty as the Warlord of Venom.
Parz is the last of the Ahkrushians. Only the Old Ones know what the future holds for Parz.