Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Family ❯ My name is Cye ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Family. God did that word sound foreign to me. Family, something I myself had never had the pleasure of experiencing. You know that old saying of you don't know what you got till it's gone? Well it's true to a certain extent…I think they should change it to “ You don't know what you're taking advantage of until it's gone”….or something like that…Anyway have you ever noticed that people who make up these wonderful, life altering quotes are usually locked in their basement somewhere? Huh..? Oh sorry, off topic.
Please pardon my manners; I've forgotten to introduce myself. My name is Cye Mouri and I will be starting high school in about 4 weeks. I'm pretty much your average teenager except for one minor detail: I'm an orphan. Yep, figured I better just go ahead and get that out in the open with having to surprise you with it later. I'm not really all that upset about it though. It all happened when I was about 7.
Neither one of my parents were really all that sane to begin with. My father was constantly traveling due to his job and occasionally bringing home his “flavor of the week” with him which was crazy in it's own right considering my mom was still married to him (note: not divorced or even planning on it).Anyway, those little mishaps eventually led my mom into bouts of depression where she couldn't even care for me if she tried. Then one day I woke up and they were gone. No warning, no notes or anything. The cars were gone, along with clothes from their closets and a few other things from the house. And I was left there alone, sitting in front of the window holding my stuffed Shamu toy and waiting for them to come back.
I think my neighbors were the ones who eventually called someone. Actually I think they probably knew about this all along cause the woman kept petting my hair and saying “poor baby” over and over again as if it was her fault. I still don't understand that.
My sister took me in for a little but she was married and had a family of her own and despite how much she told me I wasn't, I knew I was intruding on her life. She cried uncontrollably when she sent me to a foster family but I honestly didn't feel bad. Sure it was scary but I didn't want to bother my sister anymore…she had done enough for me already.
My foster family was great. I had a little brother and two parents who were actually there for me and cared. So I thought. I knew it was only temporary until I got adopted but one day out of the blue my foster parents decided they weren't ready for anymore children and sent me to the orphanage.
So here I am, tossing a ball absently at the wall and catching it before it comes back and smacks me in the forehead. The other children are playing around noisily, running and screaming at each other in the tiny room. I smiled lightly. As loud as they were, the noises and havoc were actually my security blanket. I hate silence…its too…well silent I guess you could say. *WHACK* Ow…I also hate getting hit in the head with rubber balls…
 
 
 
First chapter! Whoo! Love it? Hate it? Let me know!