Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Family ❯ Betrayal ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The rest of the day passed by in a blur and I kept thinking about Rowen had said earlier. Maybe it was time I told Kento the truth; he deserved to know and he'd been more than patient with me. Also, I'd yet to give him my cell phone number and knew that he'd want it before we left school.
Coach Mortin yelled for everyone to hit the showers and to have a safe holiday when we all left. The word “holiday” suddenly hit me full force and I realized I'd be staying home all day during the break. That thought terrified me because it meant that I couldn't use school as an excuse to leave. Not that either of them cared but if I was there all day long then I'm nearly positive they could find something incredibly painful to put me through so I wouldn't be “bored”. With that terrible though now circulating through my head I slowly got dressed, now dreading Christmas break all together.
I jotted down my number of small scrap of paper and headed outside to the bus stop. For some reason, I was starting to doubt I should tell him about my “family” at this time of year. Christmas was supposed to be a time for just that and bringing him down because of my screwed up home life wouldn't be very fair. I was still stuck in my silent turmoil by the time I'd reached the loading area and heard a familiar voice arguing with someone behind one of the soda machines. I recognized Kento's voice and walked over quietly, hiding behind a wall and straining to hear what was going on.
Kento was currently locking horns with the black-haired boy and they were arguing quietly in harsh whispers. I stayed where I was and listened close, trying to hear over all the noise from around the buses.
“So you ditch me to hang out with the freshmen? That's pretty pathetic man.” The black-haired boy scoffed, smirking as Kento clenched his fists. “And to think, you used to beat up on losers like that all the time until you had your little `change of heart'.”
Kento growled a little. “He is not a loser. Don't you dare call him that, you have no idea what he'd been through.”
“Oh, I see. So you did this out of the goodness of your heart? Hah, sounds a lot like pity to me.”
Kento refused to say anything but looked down at the ground a little.
“Oh my God! It is pity! You feel sorry for him! You can't deny it Kento! You feel sorry for that little shit and have turned into a total puss because of it! Don't lie to me, I can see it!”
The boy jumped as Kento grabbed a handful of his shirt. “Alright! Maybe you're right! Maybe I did feel sorry for him and still do so that's why I hang around him. Is that what you want to hear?”
Kento shoved him backwards, his eyes narrowed in anger. The other boy smirked darkly and brushed himself off. “Fair enough, just remember, you're pity can only get you so far.” He shoved his hand into his pockets deeply and stalked off, head hanging low.
I sat paralyzed against the wall, all feeling drained from my body. He feels sorry for me?! That's the only reason he hung out with me is because he fucking feels sorry for me?!
“Hey Cye, you okay?” he asked from above me.
I looked up glared, hot anger burning me deep to the core. “Well, speak of the devil. Get away from me!”
Kento's eyes widened a little and then narrowed. “What the hell is your problem?!”
“My problem?! Oh, well let's see, the fact that you only hang out with me because you feel sorry for me is my problem!”
He looked taken aback and all the anger left his face. “Oh God…Cye…I…”
“No!” I shouted angrily, unable to control the pain and rage I knew projected in my voice. “Everyday for the past 7 years has been “fuck-up-Cye's-life” day and I'm sick of it!! What makes today any different?! That fact that it's a Friday!?”
Kento didn't answer, just let me bitch on.
I felt my body begin to shake all over from anger and the cold feeling of betrayal. “I thought we were friends, Kento. But I guess even something that simple is impossible for me, huh?” I avoided his eyes at my last remark and grabbed my bag, stomping off to the bus.
 
I barely noticed the ride home. I barely noticed anything anymore, actually. I felt completely numb. My best friend had just admitted that he only was friends with me because he felt sorry for me, like I was some kind of fucking charity case!!
“Hey Cye, we're going to try to hang out sometime over the break if you want to come!” Ryo called after me as I stepped off the bus. I think I nodded but I'm not entirely sure.
I trudged my way up to the house and jerked open the door when I reached it. Shimate glowered at me hatefully and sneered. “Well, look who's finally home.” She moved to where she was standing in front of me, glaring all the while.
I returned an even deadlier glare. “Move.” It was not an offer or an invitation, it was an order.
“What?” she sputtered, a little shocked that I had actually stood up to her.
“I said move.” I shoved my way past her to emphasize my point, making sure to hit her hard enough to make her stumble, finding grim satisfaction as she lost her balance.
“You…little shit…”She sputtered stupidly, grabbing my roughly by the wrist and jerking me backwards.
I felt my eyes narrow as I tried to wrench free from her grasp but found I couldn't. God, I really am weak...
Shimate slapped me hard enough to give me whiplash, leaving 2 bloody scratches down the side of my cheek. I tried to retaliate by shoving her backwards but she ended up pushing me through the banister just as easily.
I tumbled to the floor, biting back a cry as a large, jagged piece of wood ripped its way through my shirt and skin at the same time. While I tried to recover from that, he grabbed me by the shirt and jerked me to my feet, letting me go just to fall back and hit the edge of the coffee table. Only darkness greeted me there.
 
Damn, there's nothing I can do to stop this from getting worse.
Cye: Of course there is! Don't write it like that!
Me: Sorry kiddo ^^;