Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Games and Kidnappers ❯ Games and Kidnappers ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

This story is about how 4 of the Ronin Warriors fight together against an evil being that has taken Cye, Child of the sea, hostage. (Typical plot. How exciting.) First chapter completed on 6/19/02.

This is my very first fan-fic, so PLEASE rate and review. I am only 13 yrs., but I tried my best : )

I do not own any of these characters. I am just using them for my story.

Chapter 1- Games and Kidnappers

A scrawny, blue-haired boy around the age of 17 rested on the couch in the living room. He stretched and yawned. What a day! Shoving his hair from out of his face, he sat up. Suddenly he remembered that he had a science test tomorrow. Not that he needed to study. He smiled.

The blue-haired lad was skilled in just about every form of education you could think of, but he was exceptionally good at mathematics and language arts. His four friends thought he was crazy for actually liking schoolwork. That wasn't the only reason he went to school, though. There were always girls…Rowen sighed and started daydreaming.

Someone knocked. Rowen flopped off the couch, kind of annoyed at being dragged away from his dreams. Nevertheless, he fought his way through the untidy mess of dirty laundry, candy wrappers, and cluttered school papers toward the oak wood door.

Upon opening the door, he was greeted by three young men around his age. Confused for a moment, Rowen looked at the black-haired one and asked-"Kento, I thought you were visiting your mom in Yokahama?"

The black haired boy shrugged his broad shoulders. "Nah, my car broke down. Had to get it towed back to my dad's house to fix it up. Or at least try," He added, smiling.

A smaller boy, with a shock of red-orange hair on his head and bright green eyes, looked eagerly at Rowen. "Hey, Rowen," he began anxiously. "We were just on our way to play basketball. Want to come? He grinned cheerfully.

"Sure, Cye. Hold on, let me find my shoes and some socks." He wiggled a bare foot at the others and turned to rummage through the mess in the house. The blonde-haired boy wrinkled his nose. "Yes, that might be a good idea. Hurry up before we all die a very painful death from your foot-stench."

"Sage, I'll get you for that one!" Rowen said playfully, trying not to smile. Sage waved a hand. "Yeah, yeah, save it for the game." He muttered.

Rowen finally emerged from his dive into the murky waters of laundry-land, holding a pair of blue socks and turquoise shoes. "Victory!" he smiled.

"Uuugghhh," groaned Kento. Those look worse than your feet!" Rowen gave him a shove. "Okay, lets go. I'm ready. Cye, you'll be on my team."

Cye looked at Rowen funny. "What? Rowen, you never pick me to be on your team. What's up?"

Rowen chuckled while pulling his shoes on. "You're the only one that hasn't insulted my beautiful feet!"

"Beautiful?? Yeah, right!!" muttered Cye. Kento watched as Rowen chased after the once cheerful but now pale boy. Cye passed Sage while trying to escape. "A little help?" He panted, just out of Rowen's reach. "Sorry," Sage held his hands up and smiled. "This is your deal."

"Kento? Help, please!!" Cye yelled, Rowen still hot on his tail. The pair veered off in the direction of the basketball court. The other two, holding there sides from laughter, decided it was best to follow.

*********************%^%^%^%^%*********************

Rowen ran up to a boy walking in the school hall. "Hey, Ryo! You missed the basketball game last night, man! Cye and I beat Kento and Sage, 29 to 23."

"Yeah, I know. I had to study for that stupid science test." Ryo sighed.

"Oh." Said Rowen. "I didn't!!" He grinned. Ryo glared daggers at him. "Lucky. How come I couldn't be born a genius?"

Rowen shrugged. "It's not my fault. Sometimes I wish I could have been born a normal kid."

Ryo chuckled. "Even if you weren't a genius, you would definitely be very far from normal." Rowen made a face at him.

They continued walking down the hall, turned and then headed into a crowded classroom.

A few girls were talking loudly in the back corner, while small groups of three or four boys roughhoused and visited. Rowen looked around for his friends. Spotting Kento, he walked over and greeted them with a wave. "Hey, Kent, where's Cye? And where's Mr. Yakisha? Both of them are late for class."

Kento looked around for a minute, spotted Sage, and waved him over. Sage usually was on good terms with the teacher, Mr. Yakisha. He wasn't very smart, like Rowen, but Rowen liked to… `Disturb and disrupt' classes with funny pranks and jokes while Sage was well mannered and quiet.

Rowen turned to look at Sage. "Hey, Sage, where's Cye and Mr. Yakisha?" Sage looked baffled. "No clue," he answered. "Cye is NEVER late for science class, and neither is Mr. Yakisha…" His voice trailed off. He stood looking at something, unmoving, unblinking, and, Kento was afraid, un-breathing. Like he was in a trance.

"Sage-snap out of it!" Rowen clapped his hands. A few of the students' heads turned, but Sage stood stock-still. "Sage, C'mon, man, what's going on?? Heeelllooooo in there!!!"

Sage shook his head. "Whoa." He blinked a few times. "That was weird. Guys, I think I know where Mr. Yakisha is. And Cye, too." He took a deep breath, and fingered a small, yellow marble glowing in his pocket. Pulling it out, he showed it to the other three boys.

"Sage!" Kento said in a sharp whisper. "Put that back NOW!" Not answering him, Sage fixed his gaze upon Rowen, then Ryo, and then Kento. "Guys, you have these with you, right??" He showed them the little yellow ball again. "We have a small emergency to deal with."

"So what is our problem??" Rowen asked for the tenth time. The four boys were discussing their situation while walking down the school hall.

"The problem is that I'm hungry," complained Kento.

Sage rolled his eyes. "You're always hungry, but that's not the emergency right now. Our problem is that Cye and Mr. Yakisha have been kidnapped."

"But why Mr. Yakisha?" questioned Ryo, tossing up a glowing orange ball similar to the yellow one Sage held in his hand.

Rowen answered his question. "He may have just been there with Cye, and, not wanting a witness for the kidnapping, whatever it was took both of them instead of Cye only. But whoever it is, knows that Cye-"

"Is one of the Ronin Warriors." Finished Kento.

Sage nodded. "Exactly! And whoever it is must need him to move some sort of water or talk to some sort of fish or whale or something." All the boys knew that Cye was the Child of the Sea. Rowen was Child of the Sky, Ryo was Child of the Fire, and Kento was Child of the Rock.

They turned and headed out the door. "Hmmmm…I need to go home and tell Mia where we are going. She can help us if we get into any trouble." Sage unlocked his car. The other boys hopped in. "Whatever kidnapped Cye," Sage continued, "cannot harm any of us, because we are to powerful while together. But if he singled us out, preyed on one of us at a time, like Cye, then we would be...well, you know."

Kento looked worried. He swallowed hard. "Guys, are you scared?" He asked in a timid whisper barely audible.

Ryo broke the silence that followed Kento's question. "Er…of course we're SCARED, Kento, but…you know, we'll be fine. I mean c'mon, we're the RONIN warriors. No one can stop us."

Kento fidgeted. "Well, you see…" he started. "I…ummmmm…" He broke off again. "well,…I…um, er…"

"Kento, for Pete's sake, spit it out!" Ordered Sage, rolling his eyes and trying to concentrate on driving.

Kento looked at Rowen next to him. "Well, when I'm scared it makes me-"

"-hungry," finished Ryo.

Kento's eyes brightened. "Yes!" He exclaimed excitedly. "How did you KNOW?!"

"Just call it an educated guess." Ryo was quiet for a moment. Rowen, reading his thoughts, looked at Sage. "Hey, Sage-"

"No." Sage cut off Rowen's words. "Absolutely NOT."

"But Sage, this is an emergency!!" Kento took over, whining at the top of his lungs. "And besides, we haven't ate anything-"

"-Since lunch. Which was approximately…oh…20 MINUTES AGO!" Sage looked through his rear-view mirror, only to find three pairs of puppy eyes staring back at him. He sighed. I cannot believe I'm doing this. He pulled into a Taco Taco restaurant drive in and turned around in his seat.

"You WILL pay for this. I'm going to have all three of you cleaning my house, doing laundry like a bunch of girls, and Kento, YOU get to clean the bathroom."

Kento wrinkled his nose. "Okay. Fine. Just get me the Cheesy Bean burrito with a soft taco shell. Oh, oh, and a minute maid, and some of that stuff over there…"

Sage shook his head. There goes my spending money, he thought angrily, giving the cashier $56.89. (Half of that was money for Kento's order)

Rowen, through a mouthful of taco salad, murmured a `thank you' to Sage. Apparently he didn't hear, or he was too busy driving to answer. Rowen looked out of the window, pushing his hair out of his face again. He needed a haircut. Badly. He started to think about where Cye would be. And why he was kidnapped. His genius mind was at work, wheels in full gear, pondering and thinking. Turning over every possibility-

"ROWEN," Bellowed Kento for the third time. "WE'RE HERE!!"

"Huh?" Rowen snapped back to life. "Oh sorry, I was just thinking…"

"Yeah, we noticed," snickered Ryo.

Getting out of the car, he walked up to Mia's front door with the others. Mia had a very nice house, all painted and trimmed with little decorations. The boys had known Mia since ninth grade. Rowen thought she was absolutely gorgeous. Knocking on the door, he tried fixing his hair. Someone tapped him on the shoulder. "In your dreams, Romeo," Sage mouthed. Rowen gave him a shove but quickly straightened once Mia answered the door.

"Hi, guys!! C'mon in!!!" She gave them a cheery smile, but it quickly turned into a look of worry when she noted the look on their faces. "What's the matter?" She asked concerningly.

Next chapter coming! How was it? Not to corny, I hope. Well, thank you for reading!