Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden feelings ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hidden feelings

Chapter 3

Two days after, Touma couldn't wait any more, and so he decided to call Seiji. He didn't know really what he was going to say to him, but he wanted to hear his voice, this voice which sooth him, which reassured him.

He hoped that it would be the blond who would pick up, but it was Nasuty who answered.

"Hello ?"
"Hi Nasuty, it's Touma."
"Hi Touma. What a surprise. You could call us more often. So, how are you ? How are you doing with your studies ? What is the weather in Boston ? And -"
"Whoah slow down. Leave me the time to answer. I'm fine. As for my studies, let say that lately I'm having trouble to concentrate. And to finish, it snowing and it's splendid. Excuse me to cut our conversation short, but it would be necessary that I speak to Seiji."
"I'm sorry, but he's not there. He's in Sendai to take care of some details for the marriage."
"Ah. And do you know when he's coming back ?" One could feel in the tone of his voice a bit of disappointment.
"He didn't say anything, but as soon as he comes back, I will tell him to call you."
"Okay, thank you. I will stay longer on the phone next time. Say to Ryo, Shin and Shu that I miss them. I kiss you Nasuty. Goodbye."
"Wait ! You know, I believe that he's feeling a little lost."
"He's not only. Bye."
"Bye Touma."

***

After hunging up, Touma felt desire to scream. Then and in spite of the late hour, he left to take some fresh air to calm down.

He started to run under the falling snow. His thoughts became more and more confused. He didn't know what to think any more or what to do.

He started to run faster, not even seeing where he put his feet, for his eyes were filled with tears. He ends up stumbling and falling into fresh snow. He turned onto his back and remained motionless during a few minutes to contemplate the stars. After a little white, he came back at home.

***

Nasuty was in the living room reading, or rather tried to read, but her spirit was elsewhere. She couldn't stop thinking of Touma and Seiji. She wanted to made them happy so much.

A few moments later, Shin went into the room. He took the book off Nasuty's hands who hadn't noticed his presence.

"I think that if you read your book normally and not upside down, you would appreciate it more, right ?" Indicated Shin with a small smile.
"Hmm ? You are right probably. Thank you."
"Welcome. Tell me, you didn't find it strange that Seiji hadn't came back yet ? Usually, he warns us when he goes away for more than 5 days, that astonishes me coming from him."
"It's true, but perhaps he wanted to be alone. It seems to me that each time he is back with his family, he separates himself from anybody else for a few days. He surely had forgot to inform us."
"Perhaps, but he still worries me a little. These last days I found him a little odd." Answered Shin.
"Listen, if we don't have any news from him by tomorrow, we will try to call his family. Okay ?"
"Okay. By the way, this evening with Ryo and Shu we are going to see a movie. Do you want to come ?"
"Not, it's nice of you but I prefer to stay here." She answered.
"As you wish. Good, I will leave you then, I need to get ready. See you later."
"See you later Shin."

***

For a few days, Touma had been demoralized. He was feeling lonely more and more often. The days seemed to go on forever to him now. He didn't leave his apartment any more out of fear of missing Seiji's call. "Why isn't he calling ?" He muttered.

He approached his telephone with the idea of calling the blond, but he changed his mind, thinking that if Seiji wanted to call him, he would have already done it.

A few minutes later, the telephone rang. The archer was started, then he caught the telephone.

"Hello, Seiji ?"
"Not, sorry, it's only me."
"Ah, hello Nasuty."
"Hello, I suppose that Seiji didn't call you, just hearing your voice."
"No. Why are you calling ?" Asked Touma.
"Well, we wanted to know if you had any news of Seiji. I phoned his family and I got his sister Satsuki, who told me that he had left for two days."
"He surely left to meditate. It isn't unusual for him to go away without telling us."
"Yes, but that's not the end of it, his sister told me something incredible. He announced to his family that -"
"Wait a minute, someone is knocking on my door." Touma stopped her.

When he opened the door, he found in front of him a man clothed with a thick coat, a scarf which covered him half of the face and a hat on the head. There was nothing visible but his eyes. Eyes that Touma could have recognized anywhere.

"Seiji ?"

***

To be continued…