Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Incorporeal Parting ❯ Incorporeal Parting ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own nothing of the Ronins

Incorporeal Parting
By: wingsofsakon

The night was a bit wet. The breeze that skid across the lake made no note of its presence. The trees sang a song under the moon. The moon looked down into its reflection as it cast its shadows that made everything come alive. It was so very enchanting and left you with no words to truly express its wonder and beauty.

If it were any other night, Ryo would've gone strait inside and went to bed. Although, for some reason. There was something about this one that tugged at his soul. Something that made him take notice and not want it to end. So, instead he found a comfortable spot near the lake and lay looking up. The stars shown brightly and for once he took the time to find the brightest one.

"Beautiful night isn't it, Ryo?" Cye's voice broke the silence.

"Hey, Cye I thought you were inside." Ryo said getting up.

"I couldn't pass up a night like this." He said from under a tree. "Besides I wasn't sure if you wanted to come join us." He added.

"Join you? What are you up to?" He said jokingly.

"Nothing really, it's just that we were about to sit down to the shows we picked up tonight." He said walking up to him. "You were going to join us right?"

"Of course, but I just wanted to take a moment out here, that's all."

Cye looked at him with his arms crossed. "What's wrong, Ryo?"

"Nothing." He lied as he played in the sand with his feet.

"I know you better than that. What's wrong and don't lie this time."

"It's just been a long time… that's all, Cye."

"I see… " Cye said turning to the lake putting his hands in his pockets. "You shouldn't keep it a burden, Ryo." He said softly.

"It's not a burden, Cye. It's just that… "

"That what?" He asked.

"You come and go, here and there. When ever you want. You're never around when we need you. Things go wrong Cye and we need you. Why don't you ever come around when I need you to? Why do you always leave me high and dry?"

"High and dry, eh?" Cye said turning to him with sincerity. "I can't stay here all the time. I really shouldn't be here in the first place, Ryo. You know that. I agree it's been a long time. I wish I could be here when things go wrong for you and the guys. The truth is… I can't be. I'm here right now, because of you. I wish you could move on. I wish that I wasn't such a burden on you. I wish I could change what has happened to us. Things would be different if only… well, it won't and didn't happen that way."

"I told you it wasn't a burden, Cye. I have moved on. I've done so much better and so has every one else, but we still miss you. Can't you see that?"

"Of course I see it. Although, out of every one… it's you I'm worried about."

"Is that why… in the beginning, you made me look like a fool?"

"You did that yourself, Ryo. I said not to say anything."

"Then what about the others?"

"What about them? They didn't have the responsibly you do. Why should I worry about them?

"Jeez… I don't know Cye. Maybe because they are your friends."

"Don't lay the guilt trip on me, Ryo. I'm limited to what I can do and if I remember right… it's do to you. So, don't do that to me."

"I'm sorry, Cye. Listen… I don't want to fight with you."

"Fine, but I have to tell you something." He said softly.

Ryo looked at him in confusion. "What?"

"It's time to let go." He said gently as he could.

"I've tried and look where it got me."

"Where?"

"I'm standing here aren't I? If I try again…" Ryo started, but got cut off.

"Then you might actually get some where this time." Cye said putting his arms around him. "I mean it this time, Ryo. I think this time it'll work."

"I just got used to you being around again. Why do you keep me doing this?"

Cye gave a faint laugh. "Maybe I'm your voice of reason."

"Out of all nights… Why did you come to me now?"

"It's a big night, Ryo. You came home and it's also the same day three years ago…"

"Shhh… I know why." Ryo said holding him tightly. "Will you stay… just a little longer?"

"How much time do you need?" He said from his chest.

"Just hold me a little longer. I've missed you so much." Ryo said as he rested his head in Cye's neck.
Letting his hair tickle the side of his face. "I want to cry."

"It's okay to cry. When you really mean it."

"I feel that if I let go… I'll lose you all over."

Cye let go of the embrace and looked at him with a faint smile. "I'm never really gone."

"I know that you mean it, but I still want you here."

"Then how about this?" Cye said looking at the night.

"What?"

"Nights like this… you look out here and I'll be there. Even if you can't see me?"

Ryo looked around at the night and had a feeling a comfort swirl within him.

"Ryo! Hey Ryo! Are you coming in or what?" Kento yelled from the house.

"I'll be there in a minute!" He yelled back.

"Alright!" Kento yelled and shut the door.

"Is he coming in?" Rowen asked sitting in the couch next to Sage.

"Yeah, he said he'll be in, in a few." Kento said sitting in the chair. "I thought he'd want to come in right a way after being gone so long." He added.

"Give him a break, Kento. He was at that place for nearly three years." Rowen said in defense.

"I still feel guilty for putting him there." Kento confessed under his breath.

"There was nothing more we could do, Kento." Sage told him. "He just couldn't handle it."

"Sure, I know that, Sage. I just hate the idea we had to put him in a padded room."

"Don't look at it that way. At least now… he doesn't sit at the table talking to Cye." Rowen said.

"Strange." They heard Sage mutter talking to himself.

"What's that?" Kento asked seriously.

"Just that the same day Ryo got out. Is the same day… " Sage being cut off.

"Cye died. I know. I was thinking about that when we picked him up." Rowen added.

The End

Authors Note: The ending is up to you. Was it real? Or… was it not?