Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Insanity's Requiem ❯ Confusion ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Do I really need to say it? : P
 
Well, finally! Action, action, action!! Bwahahahah! Sorry, but it was kinda a contentment factor, you know? Anyways, her comes the next chapter, which I expect to be pretty close to the end…not sure, but I have to start tying things off so that I can begin on the next one!
 
Insanity's Requiem
 
Chapter 12: Confusion
 
 
 
“Minako?!” The jaws dropped on each of the guy's faces. It was hard to believe that the petite classmate had become someone like this. Then again, surprise wasn't with Kayura, since she knew well that jealousy and longing for power often led to something like this.
 
Surrounded now by demons of all shapes and sizes, Minako again spoke, “Yes, it's me. And I want MY prize…since Lethias has his.”
 
Red eyes glinted as they focused mainly on Sage, her goal suddenly clear to the others as they realized the extent of the greed that she now felt. The smirk on her face seemed to urge the vile beings about them as she nodded at them, “It seems you figured out what I want. Come now, Sage. It can't be that bad…You always flirted with me before.”
 
The situation was almost enough to make him laugh, since in reality, he flirted with almost every girl. It never really differentiated, as long as they were pretty for the most part, and now his superficial habits were getting him in trouble, “Sorry, Minako. But I'll have to decline. There is someone who needs our help as it is, and it wouldn't do to let her down after all.”
 
Kento nodded, flexing his arms as he readied his fists, in complete agreement, “Oh yea, it's time for a fight!”
 
Cye looked up at the girl before them with almost something like sadness in his eyes, “I'm sorry it had to come to this, but we won't let you take our friend, or let Lethias keep our other one.”
 
“Hey, what is there to say? We aren't going to let you win,” Ryo said, his voice abnormally level as he beckoned about him in a gesture that betrayed his true temperament. His temper was already on a high as he moved Mia to the side, trying to take her from the danger as the Dais and Cale stood beside her with White Blaze.
 
“Sorry, but to let you go would mean death to many others. This is just the first step,” Rowen spoke, stepping to the side as Kayura silently readied herself, eyeing the demons about them with a nod.
 
“Too bad to hear that. It looks like I will have to take you all out,” Minako grinned, shrugging. Each passing minute just made her care less and less, the thrall of the evil spirit within her becoming stronger and stronger. No matter what, she was ready to give this a try, “In that case, here…have the fun I brought! Demons! GO!”
 
On her command, the demons about them surged forth, rippling muscle ready to tear into the opposing warriors before them as each of them crouched to the fighting positions they each understood so well. They were ready.
 
“Ronins! To Arms!!” Ryo yelled as they began to meet the rush head on.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
The nether spirits were at it again, their struggles growing stronger for their release. Lena tried her best to hide, to dash to the side…none of it mattered really. They always found her, and in the end, she would have to meet the rush head on. Tears had already run dry; her sanity was already tried beyond reason. Nothing she did really found the release she sought and she found that her prayers amidst the darkness were based on the light that the ancient's staff sent her.
 
Surrounded by nothing but dark spirits, again and again the dark actions tempted her to turn, become part of them. The offer was tempting, offering release from the torment, but the girl was just far too stubborn. Her running steps had slowed; her breathing rapid as she looked to the side, alone for the moment. Leaning against a rock face, not even wondering as to how it got there, she grasped at a memory that her mother had given her, the start of the belief that all things had spirits to be respected.
 
Lena had come home, her eyes bright as her face and shirt was covered in dirt. Eight years old, and she was still getting into fights like she was five. Tears glistened in the corners of her eyes as she went straight to her mom, clutching to her leg like no tomorrow.
 
“Honey, did you get into a fight again?” Mrs. Fuire asked, leaning down, her own brown hair the same color as her daughter's.
 
Lena nodded, sobbing slightly, “Those kids are mean, mommy! They hate me, and I don't even know why!”
 
“Darling, they can't hate you just like that,” Her mother smiled reassuringly, trying to calm her daughter down.
 
“I just wanna beat them up! They don't deserve to walk around like they do! It isn't fair! I never did anything to them! Why should they want to do something mean like that to me?” Lena looked up at her mother, furiously as her lip trembled. It told Mrs. Fuire that she had to do something, and do it soon. Her daughter was getting into scrapes with bullies, and the teachers were beginning to report that her daughter supposedly started some of them because they made fun of others.
 
“Honey, listen to me. You don't have to respect a person because of their actions, but I need you to realize something. Everything has life, everybody has life. Respect them for that, if not for what they do,” Mrs. Fuire smiled, wiping a tear from her daughter's cheek.
 
Lena blinked up at her mother, sniffling, “But why? Where did that come from?”
 
“Spirits reside in all, or so the belief is said to in those who follow the religion of the Indians or Gypsies. I want you to always believe what I have told you, because to respect is to believe my dear. You shouldn't take just because you can,” Mrs. Fuire lectured her daughter, praying that the belief in spirits and life would calm her daughter, who was now nodding.
 
From that point on, Lena had taken those words to heart. Fights had ceased, and Lena began to follow her mother's diet of no meat. She began to try not to take just because she could…that was always something she tried to follow.
 
Lena sobbed to herself, released from her memory as the darkness began to creep in. It was beginning to figure out how to cover the light, and she shook in fear. Glancing up at the shadows, she readied herself for the time when she could escape, trying not to depend on others, but knowing that all the while, she wouldn't be freed until someone did it for her. Brown eyes changed to a pale brown as her fear shook her form. Mom…I miss you…
 
Glancing once more, she heard a flute like music. Curiosity filled her mind as she stood, despite the fear. What is that music?
 
~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~~*~*
 
A cry of shock and pain filled the air as Rowen's arm was bitten into by a larger bug like demon then he, before the demon got slammed aside by a high kick from Cye. A small exchange of smiles before Kayura whirled into the fray, her staff gleaming wickedly as she fought with fervor.
 
“Damn! Each time we slice one down, two more pop up! What are they, rabbits?!” Kento cried, fighting behind Ryo, who shrugged, slamming a fist into a wolf like demon, before another shot of pain drew attention to the battle where Sage locked blades with Minako, frowning as she suddenly found the strength to block his attack.
 
“Why are you doing this?!” Sage cried out, slinging a fist at the person who was no longer human. He hated fighting girls, but this time, he'd make an exception.
 
“Simple, you chose a chit over me! I can't handle that…No one ever ignores me!” Minako yelled, unaware as her features and body began the changes to that of a demon. Her blazing red eyes flashed as she swung her arm around to connect with a block from Sage, her arms beginning to show signs of a scale like skin. Her grin grew more malicious as Sage leapt back, hearing Ryo shout out.
 
“Minako! Stop this! It's consuming you! You can't go on like this! It's making you a demon!” Ryo shouted out as Sage continued his battle. Each of the Ronins fought viciously as they punched and pounded, thinking only of the victory they had to win.
 
“I see nothing that isn't your fault!” Minako snarled out, instantly blaming Sage as she renewed her attack. She ignored the various wound she incurred from the armored man, his sword flashing as deadly as her claws now moved. Slices and cuts now bled at different parts of their bodies, causing the battle to become one of that of endurance, rather then strength.
 
On the side, Cye fought valiantly against water like demons that had thrown themselves into the fray. His yari swirled about wickedly as he frowned, grunting with each thrust as Kento guarded his back. The bearer of Hardrock fought valiantly, guarding his friend's back as well as he could as he swung the naginata about with expert skill.
 
Rowen shot arrow after arrow, using his bow to block when necessary as Ryo leapt back and forth, shifting his kantanas with expert skill. Kayura fought like a lion herself as Dais and Cale fought to protect Mia and the fighting tiger as Sehkmet still searched for a way to end the fighting quickly.
 
“You can't win! We won't let you!” Minako grinned, laughing wickedly as she shifted to the side once more, dodging among the trees in an effort to escape the attack that Sage brought on.
 
“I'm not kendo champion for nothing, I will defeat you, girl or no,” Sage panted, glancing about. His gaze suddenly turned piercing as he scanned the trees, reverting to the Other Sense that he had to find her.
 
There! In the trees! That was where she was…the blackened aura, tinged with regret and sadness. The last part surprised him, but it didn't matter. When Minako took up arms against them, she became the enemy, and would continue to be so until this was over. Darting forward, he was ready to clash swords once more.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~**~~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~
 
The demons that weren't currently battling began to send information along their lines. Apparently the ones set as guards were now being taken down as if nothing had ever been strong about them before. Nine armored people were heading towards the Eye of the Ages, and towards the one who was to bring them power. No one knew why Lethias insisted on referring to his castle as such, but it didn't matter. Fear had rooted itself amongst the masses, and the demons began to act on their own. Fights became present, but not the kind they were previously. Survival on their minds, they began to question the darkness they followed. But then again, it was all they knew. They just didn't wish to share the fate of their brethren.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~**~~*~*~*
 
Demon bodies littered the ground as the battle wore on. No one showed signs of escaping without injury, save perhaps, Mia. Each of the Ronins and warlords bled from various cuts, their armors dented as the numbers finally began to slow around them. But it didn't look good, fatigue had placed itself among their ranks, and each of the Ronins were slowing down.
 
Minako only seemed to be getting stronger, her body almost completely demon like. Claws adorned her fingers, and her once pale skin was now a grayish-black in color, and slick as a lizards. Her red eyes glinted furiously as her malicious grin led to the idea that she was officially out of her sane mind. Driven to insanity, dancing to the tune of the flute that still played in her mind, she rushed forth to attack the weary Halo, “I told you that you can't win, Sage! You should have just given up!”
 
Sage, however, was ready for it. Jumping back, he raised his sword to the sky in an attack that many who had seen it, hadn't survived, “Thunderbolt cut!”
 
Minako's shriek filled the air as the thunder ripped through her deformed body, tearing her up from inside out. Splitting screams filled the area about her as she tried to stop the onslaught of Sage's ultimate attack. The demonic girl was torn to dust, and with her, the other demons all but disappeared, dissembling from their ranks in terror, running off in various directions now that they had no leader to lead them.
 
“Well…that was a jolly fight,” Kento said, tiredly as he sighed, bringing down his naginata, Cye copying him, but saying nothing.
 
“Jolly to you, terror to us. You alright Sage?” Rowen asked, looking up as Mia began to come forward to see how badly hurt they all were. Sage nodded, glancing at each of his friends in turn, seeing where they had been overcome by the power of numbers, “Yea, is everyone else?”
 
“Nothing too serious, it looks like. Glad we made it through though,” Ryo said, nodding at each of the warriors as their wounds were tended to. Fatigue marked each of them as they found a place to rest a bit, eager to relax for even a few minutes to give their strength time to come back. This time, they had no choice to. Everything depended on how well they did when they got to the castle. However, one thought marred the usual vigor that would come with such a cause.
 
Why was it that Minako turned demonic? It couldn't have been jealousy alone. Sage stumbled on the answer. The girl had been possessed, and if she was possessed, then others could be as well. The fight just got that much more complicated, despite the guilt all of them felt. Joy…
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Author's note: One down, one to go for enemies! Not sure how Lethias is going to battle just yet, but bringing in the sure kills will definitely be in the next chapter. And finally! A heroic rescue! Whoot! Lol Those are my plans right now, but until I can write it up, we are stuck with this. Heh. Anyways, like I said, this page will be edited when my Beta can see it; I just wanted to make sure that I got the story up and running. Hopefully the chapters aren't too bad as it is. Anyways, thanks a lot!
 
Hikaru
 
Special thanks:
 
I just wanted to give Inda a special thanks for helping send ideas my way on attacks and such like that. It really helps to have an outside opinion at times and I wanted to make sure that I just took the time to say thanks.
 
Reviews:
 
Meira Evanstar: I'm trying to work with the suspense thing! I hope this one turned out better on that! Lol And as for updating? I force myself to write through the blocks I get. If they don't work out, I can usually catch it when I go over it, or my Beta does for me. :P And updated soon as requested!
 
Preview:
 
The ceremony is about to begin!”
~*~*~*~*~**~
“Lena! Wake up!”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
“Ryo!”