Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Prophecy of the Darkest Star ❯ Chapter 2:Returning Home ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prophecy of the Darkest Star
Chapter 2
By: Life the Fay
Co-Author: Hellfire18
 
Hey everybody! As you can see, I found the e-mail that Hellfire18 sent me of the title ideas. After we began discussing more on this story, I thought this was the best suited title for this progressing story. So when Chapters 3 and 4 are out, be sure to look for this title instead of Untitled!
Disclaimer: We do not own the YST/RW characters. They belong to their rightful owners from Sunrise and Bandai. However, we do own the original characters Willow, Mamoru, Yumi, and any other yet mentioned.
~*~
“Mommy, wait! Where are you going? Why are you taking Willow? Why can't I go?” The little boy cried, running toward a car, carrying a small bag filled with clothes. “Mommy don't leave me here! Please Mommy!” The boy screamed, tears running down his face, banging his small fist on the taxi.
 
He felt someone grab him and pick him up. He screamed, squirming in the adult's arms until they dropped him. He picked himself up, running as fast as he could toward the moving car. “Don't leave me Mommy! Come back! Mommy come back!”
 
He watched the small vehicle rush away from the house. He shivered in the pouring rain and was startled by the crash of thunder yet he remained where he stood, teddy bear dangling in his left hand, the bag laying on the muddy ground to his right. Despair filled his heart, tears streaming down his face. He felt the arms hold him again. He didn't fight it but rather welcomed it, crying into the shoulder of the older man. He could hear the old man comforting him. “Don't worry Rowen, mommy will come back. She's only going to be away for awhile.”
 
Although he was only a boy of five years, he was wise beyond his years. It was lie. It didn't bother him though; he just decided to make it his hope, his truth. He clutched his small blue teddy bear to his chest, letting the man lead him into the dark house.
 
It was cold in the dwelling, chilling the small boy. The darkness was piercing, frightening him. `It's going to eat me up!' he screamed inside, hesitating. He rushed back outside but it was too late. The darkness swallowed him whole. There was no man behind him. He dropped to his knees, scared to take another step. He could hear voices around him, but he couldn't see any faces.
 
“Come out, come out wherever you are my child.”
 
“Child of Tenku the time has come.”
 
“Complete your destiny.”
 
Hands grabbed him. Rowen screamed, trying to pull away from their grasp.
 
Touma shot up from his sleep, clutching his chest. The early morning glow radiated from the window that he rested against. He could hear a rattling sound and light conversation around him. Taking in the environment around him, he relaxed, thankful that it was all just a dream. `Or more like a nightmare.'
 
He remembered he had left the Yagyu mansion early in the morning in a cab, not wanting to disturb his dearest friends and comrades from their slumber. Ever since he had collapsed in the restaurant, he knew something was not right. He could only think of one person that would know what was going on. `Grandfather, I hope it's not too late.' The dream kept recurring in his mind, forcing him to think of it and the past he didn't want to remember.
 
After his father and mother divorced, his mother fought to prevent his father from having custody over him and his twin sister, Willow. Once she won the case, she knew she couldn't keep both of them. She didn't have the money to raise them both and for another reason she wouldn't say. Every time he asked she would only stare at him with sad eyes and say “It's not safe.” Touma was sent to live with his grandfather, Mamoru while Willow was sent to live with his mother in the states. They however, never made it to the Tokyo airport. It was around two in the morning when Mamoru received the phone call that Hiromi, his mother, and Willow were both dead. His grandfather arranged for them both to be cremated. Touma was in tears after hearing the news. He was five then and he was called `Rowen'.
 
That same year during the winter, Touma had fallen ill with pneumonia. His was sick for months and the doctors said he wasn't going to make it. His grandfather didn't believe it though. Those pain wrecking filled months was the first time he had felt the spirit of Tenku flow through his body, healing him of his sickness with the little strength it had to heal. After he had recovered, he found out his grandfather had changed his name to Touma, forever leaving the name Rowen behind in the grave.
 
Touma sighed sadly, staring out of the window. He had taken this trip a few times over the past four years. He knew it well. He was to be at his destination in an hour. Grabbing his cell phone, he sent a message.
 
~*~
 
Yumi sighed, twirling her ebony locks around her finger. She leaned against the glass of a small telephone booth, holding the phone loosely in her hand. She tapped her foot impatiently, waiting for the other end to pick up.
 
“Moshi, Moshi this is Genichirou," the person on the other end of the phone greeted.
 
“Greetings sir, the blue bird is soon to arrive at the train station. What would you have me to do?” Yumi asked, staring outside at the dreary weather.
 
“Well done Yumi. Do nothing at the moment. Just watch him, but make sure he doesn't see you. I believe his sister will be joining him soon. Surely no descendant of the Tenku clan could have ignored that message.”
 
“Hai, I will sir,” she said, hanging up the phone. Leaving the booth, the wind blew around her. She smiled. She loved days like this when she could just taste a storm brewing around her. The ebony haired woman strolled around the park until she was out of site, morphing into a cat once again.
 
~*~
 
Shu plopped himself onto the couch, exhausted. “Well, Blue didn't leave any clues this time.”
 
Nasuti glared at him and Shin rolled his eyes. “It's not the time to be using dumb jokes like that Shu,” Nasuti muttered.
 
“Oh come on, it's not that bad to laugh during a rough time. Right Shin? Let us be optimistic,” Shu argued.
 
“Never again are you staying the entire summer in the living room watch Blue's Clues marathons . This year you're getting a job,” Shin commented, going through the pile of letters with Nasuti.
 
“You would think he would have left a phone number or an address to keep in contact with him,” the auburn haired woman said, concern flooding her usual calm voice.
 
“Well, leaving in the night has been something I wouldn't expect out of him either,” Shu added, remorse.
 
“Would Seiji know where he is?” Nasuti asked, laying another letter down.
 
“I highly doubt it,” Shin replied, moving over to the couch to roam through a small shoe box Touma left behind. “And I don't believe we should bring him into this.”
 
“Due, Seiji is just as much as Touma's friend as we are. Seiji's the closest to him compared to any of us. He has a right to know!” Shu exclaimed.
 
“Exactly Shu, Seiji is very close to Touma. He's head over heels over Blue. He was already concerned over the whole hospital ordeal. Just think how he's going to react when he finds out Touma ran away?” Shin stated.
 
“But-…” Shu was confused. It didn't make sense to leave the blonde out of a situation like this.
 
“Touma doesn't want to be found,” Ryo finally said, grabbing everyone's attention in the room. “He's up to something and didn't want any of us to interrupt it. Ever since he woke up in the hospital, he's had a plan to leave.”
 
“So the question is `what has Touma anxious?'” Shin said, thinking out loud.
 
The four of them looked down, thinking quietly over their blue haired friend. The concerns suffocated the usual care-free attitude around the house.
 
~*~
 
Touma stepped off the train, pushing his way through the crowd. He grinned, seeing the familiar face he was looking for. Finally dodging enough of the crowd he stood before an older man with short silver hair and grey eyes smiling cheerfully.
 
“Touma-chan, you have grown so much since I last saw you. You have become the beautiful young man I have always known you to become.”
 
Touma blushed, hugging the older man. “It's nice to see you too Katsuo. I missed all of you so much.”
 
“Not enough to come home until four years later my boy,” the old man chuckled, taking one of the archer's bags. “So I assume you are back for the funeral and to finish the rest of the arrangements.”
 
Touma turned his gaze toward Katsuo, surprised. “What?”
 
The man nodded a smile again on his face. “Ahhh…so you didn't know. I must say Touma-chan; the Tenku clan has always been fascinating. You were pulled home by the armor…surely there was something that triggered it.”
 
“I have been feeling like I should return for some time now Katsuo-san- especially a couple of days ago. While I was eating somewhere with my friends, I had a vision of my grandfather's gardens and a woman walking away. I suddenly felt cold and collapsed. The doctors said it was my blood pressure, however I knew different,” Touma explained, walking outside of the train station. He inhaled the fresh air. “Ahh…it's nice to smell the Kyoto air again.”
 
Katsuo looked up to the sky. “The Tenku power is still such a mystery to me, even after all the years I've been working in the family.”
 
Touma walked beside the man until they reached the car, piling the two suitcases in the back of the vehicle. “So how is your wife doing?”
 
“Oh she's wonderful! As a matter of fact, she's back from the United States to visit for the month,” Katsuo commented.
 
“You know I don't understand that? She could get a really nice job here in Japan yet she insists on working in America. Why is that?”
 
The older man shrugged. “She loves it there, and she loves the family she works for. They are ever so nice to her she says. She is so excited to see you again, Touma-chan. She told me she got a graduation invitation and a picture of you. She was so touched that you thought of her.”
 
“Oh…it was nothing,” Touma stated, getting into the vehicle.
 
Katsuo put the car into drive, slowly exiting the parking lot. “The daughter of the woman she works for also graduated this year. She was telling me how similar the two of you are. The both of you are Valedictorians of your class and accepted to the highest educated universities around.”
 
Touma chuckled. “I am not interested in dating a person like me Katsuo-san. That would be a disaster!”
 
The older man chuckled at the response. “I wouldn't want you to either Touma-chan.”
 
Driving away, the two never noticed the two figures, one a cat and another a cloaked figure, watching them leave.
 
~*~
 
The young woman grumbled, stumbling into the bathroom. Today was just not her day. “Out of all the days there are, why did you have to do this now?” She mumbled to no one in particular, staring at herself in the mirror. Reflecting was a tired looking young adult with blue hair and brunette strikes in it. She rolled her eyes. `Damn heredity. Why couldn't I be a normal person with normal genes? But no, I had to be left with the natural blue hair. Who the hell has natural blue hair?!'
 
Sighing in defeat, the lady stumbled out of the bathroom. She was getting a little hungry and decided to grab something to eat before she searched for a pay phone. Finding a small café area, she ordered a sandwich, a banana, and bottled water. Sitting down, she ate silently, dragging out her laptop to do some work although she mostly stared at the people walk by her.
 
After thirty minutes, she was satisfied that she was full. Getting up from her seat, she began roaming the airport until she found what she was looking. Leaning her cart of bags by the wall, she picked up the phone, putting some change in the machine and dialed a number. The phone rang three times before an elder lady answered.
 
“Moshi Moshi, Hashiba residence,” the woman greeted on the phone, music softly being played in the back ground.
 
“Hi, my name is Hashiba Willow. Is Hashiba Mamoru) there,” the girl asked.
 
The voice seemed to choke slightly. “Oh…I'm sorry Miss but it seems that Mamoru has recently died from a heart attack. Is there something you needed from him?”
 
Willow gasped, laying her hand on her face. “Um…I-I just needed a place to stay for awhile. I'm at the airport right now, and was going to see if he could let me stay for a couple of nights.”
 
“Oh dear my child, of course you can stay for awhile. I'm sure he would have loved to see you again Willow. Now you don't worry, I am on my way to get you,” the woman assured.
 
“Wait! How will I know who you are?”
 
The woman laughed lightly. “Oh trust me my dear; you will know who I am. I will see you in one hour.”
 
Willow hanged up, slightly startled by the woman's statement and the news she heard about her grandfather, Mamoru. Taking a deep breath, she moved on until she found an empty seat isolated from other people. She sat down, rummaging through her cart until she found a small container. Slightly opening it, she looked inside to see two mice in a cage. She smiled lightly at them. “Hey guys. We'll be home soon so just hold on a bit longer.”
 
~*~
 
They arrived around early evening. Touma got out of the car opening the back trunk to retrieve his two bags. Katsuo frowned, looking around the house.
 
“How odd, my lovely wife isn't here,” he said, walking away to open the small house for the archer. On the door was a small note:
 
Katsuo,
 
Went to the airport to retrieve my missing luggage. Will be back ASAP.
 
Ai Shiteru,
 
-Mizuki
 
The older man raised an eyebrow. “I don't see how she could have noticed missing luggage. She had five bags!”
 
Touma chuckled. “Women are like that though. When we went somewhere with Nasuti, she had to have at least three bags of things. It was crazy!”
 
“That was the woman you stayed with?”
 
“Hai. She took care of all of us,” Touma replied, lowering his eyes to the ground. He was already beginning to miss all of people he thought of as family. His stomach churned to know he left them without them even noticing. `They're probably worried about me.'
 
“She must have been a wonderful woman to take care of five growing boys. Just thing of the feasts,” The old man exclaimed, walking into the kitchen, laughing wholeheartedly. “It must have cost a fortune to feed all of you!”
 
Touma smiled. “Well all tried to pitch in the best we could,” he said, leaning on the doorframe of the kitchen. “Hey Katsuo, I'm kinda tired. Do you mind if I take a nap?”
 
“Oh of course Touma-chan! You're room is upstairs the second room to the right, but you should already know that,” Katsuo directed, leaning against the sink. “I'll come to wake you for supper.”
 
Touma smiled, walking up the stairs and into his bedroom. It was just like he had left it four years ago. Plopping down onto the bed, he rolled over to look at the small stars on the ceiling. Staring at the small consolations made him all the more miss the Yagyu home-especially Seiji. At the mansion, it was Seiji who had bought him stars to put on the ceiling of their room. Sometimes at night, the two of them would lie on the floor of their bedroom and point out the patterns of the constellations and other shapes. Thinking of the good times next to the blonde finally allowed the archer to rest peacefully.
 
~*~
 
At the airport, Mizuki walked around the airport, looking for her “lost luggage” as she had told her husband in a note. Of course, that wasn't what she was here for. Standing on her toes she found what she was looking for-a young lady slumped over a pile of luggage with blue hair and brunette streaks. She clicked her tongue `She must be going nuts to see her hair like that,' she thought, walking over to the girl. Clearing her throat she got the girl's attention. “Well, it's nice to see you again Miss Willow.”
 
The girl jumped in surprise before jumping up to embrace the older woman. “Mizuki! What are you doing here?”
 
“You asked for someone to come pick you up and here I am? Are you ready to go?” Mizuki stated, starting to walk off.
 
Willow followed behind, carting her luggage. “Actually I'm thrilled to see you Mizuki! I'm tired of being cooped up in an airport.”
 
“Oh my girl, I couldn't agree with you more,” Mizuki replied, opening the car door for Willow to get in. “Now you sit and relax and I'll get the entire luggage in the trunk.”
 
Willow opened her mouth to say something but suddenly stopped by the look the older woman was giving her. She finally got into the car. A few minutes later, Mizuki got into the driver's seat, starting the car.
 
“I hope you're hungry darling. We have a huge meal at the house waiting for us.”
 
~*~
 
There was a knock at the door, startling the blue haired man. He rose from the bed to open the door. On the other side, Katsuo stood smiling. “Hey sleepy head, are you ready to eat?”
 
Touma blushed. “Yeah, sure. I'll be down there in just a minute.”
 
Closing the door again, he went to the bathroom adjoined to his room. He washed his face and hands before looking at himself in the mirror. He looked terrible. He had woken up nearly an hour ago from a wretched nightmare. It was similar to the one he had had only this morning only it was during the time of Arago. He fought alongside the others when they all began to slowly vanish. The scenery dimmed and Arago was no longer there. All there was complete darkness. Touma felt chilled. In his mind he realized he feared this darkness more than any battle with Arago. He began to run but to no avail. Touma fell and fell in the darkness, voices screaming at him.
 
He jumped when he heard a banging sound, alerting him that time still was going on. The banging sound continued, confusing him. He looked over at his door to the bathroom. Nothing banged against it. Turning his head to the other side, he saw another door. Walking over to the other side, he inhaled, opening the door fast. Nothing.
 
He scratched his head. `Touma, either you're trying to scare yourself with noises downstairs or you're hearing things.' He went back into his room to change his shirt. Sighing, he looked down at himself when he finally noticed a small pink ball, rolling around-on its own? Looking closer, he noticed a small animal in the ball. Walking over to it, he picked it up to examine it better.
 
Inside was a small brown mouse with a white strip on top of his head. The white contined again on the animal's back as little specks as if someone had flicked white paint on the mouse with a paint brush.Touma chuckled. “I've been scaring myself with a mouse the entire time.”
 
“No, actually you've been scaring yourself with two mice,” someone said behind him, startling him yet again.
 
Turning around he saw a young woman dressed in sweatpants and a grey t-shirt. Her skin was pale and her eyes were a dark blue. Her hair caught Touma off guard with its color-shocking blue hair and small brown streaks. On her shoulder was another mouse  with a white face and brown body with a white strip across the rear of its body. Taking in the fact the girl grabbed the ball from the ground protectively that she was the owner of the two little creatures.
 
She laughed. “Sorry about my appearance. It seems my hair decided to change color on the flight here to Japan. It usually stays brown for a couple of days before changing back to this,” she said humorously, shaking a chunk of her hair.
 
Touma coughed. “Uh…yeah…sure. And who the hell are you?”
 
The girl looked mystified, as if the archer should have known just who she was. “You seriously don't know who I am?”
 
“Should I know you?” Touma asked, raising his eyebrow.
 
The blue headed girl shrugged. “I guess not. I'm supposed to let you know you're being slow and you need to get your butt downstairs,” she said, leaving Touma to be lost.
 
Touma didn't stay lost long however. He chased after the girl, until he reached the kitchen. In the kitchen, Katsuo and Mizuki sat already waiting for the two young adults. Touma pointed his hand at the girl. “Katsuo, who the hell is this and why is she here?”
 
The older man looked at Touma and then at the girl. “Well, since you ask so bluntly Touma-chan let me introduce you. Touma, this is your long lost twin sister, Willow Hashiba, that you thought died fourteen years ago in a car accident with your mother,” the man simply stated, before turning his gaze at Willow. “And Willow, this is your long lost twin brother Rowen Hashiba. Since you've last seen him, we had to change his name to Touma to protect him from your father. Now the reason she's here Touma is for the very same reason you are here.”
 
Willow grinned at Touma while he stared at her dumbfounded. “Hi Touma or should I just call you brother.”
 
 
To be continued….
 
~*~
 
Wasn't it just awesome! I really liked writing this chapter…it was so much fun! I added my own sense of humor in some parts. I didn't know how to end this chapter so I let Hellfire look at it…she said she liked it this way so we stopped it here.
 
Just a reminder…don't forget the next time I update this story, it will no longer be Untitled. It will be the Prophecy of the Darkest Star. I don't want to get any of my readers confused! This story probably won't be updated for awhile though. I really want to work on Dreamless Love and get more chapters up for it. Plus, I really don't want to put chapter 3 up of this story until I have Chapter 4 done as well. The two chapters will be posted together for various reasons.
 
Okay…I think I have said enough. Now onto the questions!
 
Touma has a sister?! Why has that been hidden all this time? Why are they trying to protect the twins from their father? Why do these two servants know so much about the family? What is Touma and Willow's father up to? Who else was watching Touma leave the train station either than Yumi? Is Seiji going to find out Touma is missing? How will the guys find out where to look for their blue haired friend? Where the heck am I going with this story? Find out all in the next editions of Chapter three and four!