Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Prophecy of the Darkest Star ❯ Chapter 3: Part 2 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prophecy of the Darkest Star
Chapter 3
Part 2: Touma and Willow
By: Life the Fay
Co-Authored By: Hellfire13
 
Disclaimer: We do not own the YST/RW characters whatsoever. They belong to Sunrise Bandai and whoever else owns them.
 
Author Note: Just to let everyone these two chapters are both connected together. They are both based on the same time period, just different point of views. The one you are reading now is about Touma and Willow.
 
~*~
 
Touma dragged himself downstairs, into the small kitchen, plopping himself into the closest seat before slumping until his head lay on the wooden table. He hated mornings. They just started too early.
 
Katsuo grinned, taking a drink of his tea. “Well good afternoon Touma-chan. You're as late as ever,” he greeted rather cheerfully. “At least I see that it's a family trait now.”
 
“Huh,” Touma muttered, turning his head to other side to see a mop of blue hair next to him that didn't belong to him. His thought process was extremely slow before he realized it was Willow, the mysterious girl that he found out was his twin sister last night. Her hair no longer had brown streaks throughout it but now was completely blue. Thinking it over, her hair was slightly a lighter shade of blue compare to his…but it was hardly noticeable unless they both stood in the sunlight and someone stood right in their faces. He groaned, raising his head from the table. A coffee mug took its place instantly.
 
“Alright Willow, head off the table,” Mizuki ordered, smiling at the two twins. Mizuki was the wife to Katsuo, the older man that took care of Touma alongside his grandfather. Like her husband, she had helped raised Touma's twin sister in America alongside his mother. He was still in shock that both his sister and mother were still alive! He thought they were both killed in a car accident years ago.
 
Mizuki seated herself next to the blue haired girl. Katsuo took his place between Touma and Mizuki. “On behalf of Katsuo and myself, I want to apologize for last night. I should have told you that we were going to having another guest. It was rude of me just to say Willow was lost luggage,” Mizuki apologized.
 
Katsuo grinned. “We didn't know that Mizuki's little surprise would stir Touma into a little fit screaming profanity around like a sailor.”
 
Touma blushed, muttering a small apology.
 
Mizuki smiled, leaning over the table to tab Touma's hand. “Oh it's alright Rowen-oh I mean Touma. You had a right to know. After all this estate is now yours.”
 
Willow rubbed her eyes. She was starting to wake up after the couple of sips she had of the coffee. “Mizuki, can I ask what is going on? Why were we separated at five years old? How come Rowen and I never knew we existed still?”
 
The couple exchanged looks before Katsuo cleared his throat. “We have been working for your family for so many generations. Some things we have been told while others we've been given direct orders with no explanation-”
“Whoa! Back up a bit. You mean you have been working in this family for a couple of years. Not generations, right?”
 
“No Touma, I said it correctly-generations,” Katsuo stated. “We've worked in the Tenku clan for nearly two hundred years. We are immortal and are still quite young. We just use glamour to appear old for the locals' sakes.”
 
Mizuki shook her head in agreement. “You've grandfather did the very same thing. He also was an immortal.”
 
Katsuo smiled. “The day of the divorce of your parents we were told that some things were going to change. Your mother, Hiromi, came in the night. She couldn't keep both of you because of money and also she knew that she couldn't hide both of you together. If she was caught, she wasn't going to let him have both of you. We kept you, Touma and she left with you Willow. We were told to set up an accident and so we did.”
 
“The two of us together made an illusion of a small dark car hitting a tree with a woman and a young five year old girl. It made the newspaper the next day. Everyone thought that Hiromi and her beautiful girl was dead,” Mizuki added.
 
“And that is what I found out the next day,” Touma whispered, tears were in his eyes. “I watched as they buried my mother and my twin sister…and now I find out it was all a lie.”
 
Willow grabbed Touma's hand, holding it tightly in her own. “It's alright Rowen-chan…I'm right here. I'm not dead. I'm right here, and I'm not leaving you this time.”
 
Mizuki smiled at the display of affection between the two. “That scene alone was not enough though for Mamoru. He knew that they would still search for Touma, so he devised a plan. And not only had that but Willow knew you were still alive. At this time you had grown extremely weak from pneumonia. We made you die…sending you to the hospital and the doctors pronouncing you dead. Another illusion by us. We buried you next to your sister and mother. From there, we changed your name from Rowen to Touma. We knew they wouldn't search for you under a different name. They know that there are many in this clan…they wouldn't suspect you as Touma. We then sent the letter to Hiromi about your death.”
 
“Mom was hysterical that day. She wouldn't eat, drink or sleep for days. She finally told me after the third day. It was then that I felt like I lost my other half. And then you arrived, Mizuki,” Willow said. “She went back to normal as if nothing happened after you came.”
 
Mizuki smiled. “That's because I came to bear her the news that nothing was wrong and that Rowen was fine.”
 
Willow nodded. It was all beginning to makes some sense. “So in reality, the only people you wanted convinced of our death was the enemy and us. But, why us?”
 
“For this reason,” Katsuo said, pointing at the two of them. “We had a feeling that once the two of you found out you were alive, you would go after them…and then the enemy would know. Although they believe you both are dead, there is something deep inside them that tells them differently.”
 
Mizkui nodded. “That's why your grandfather never visited you. He wanted to real badly; however, he knew he was being watched constantly. He knew they wouldn't care to watch an old lady go to her job and then come to Japan to visit her husband so it was my job to protect you Willow, and also to deliver the messages back and forth.”
 
Touma tapped his hand impatiently on the table. “Okay I understand the separation thing a little bit however, it still doesn't explain something,” Touma began. “I remember my mom always happy when she was married to my father. She never complained and she never had anything bad to say about him. And then one day out of the blue, she decided she wanted a divorce. She took Willow and I from our home. From then on all I heard about was how cruel my father was-how he would drink or hit me yet he never laid a hand on me. Why is that?”
 
Katsuo smiled. “I guess you never exactly believed us on that one-eh Touma? Well, you are right. Your father was a good man until he began to meddle into things. Your mother noticed it and saw the `signs.' She didn't want to leave…she was still very much in love with the man, but she knew she had to. If you had stayed any longer Touma, that man may have become abusive and even hit you. That's why we kept telling you about his alcoholism and abusive nature.”
 
Willow sighed. “I keep feeling like we are missing the big part of this. Splitting us up-it seems like this is the big clue! Why were we split up?”
 
Mizuki grinned. “Careful Wil, your American side is coming out,” she lightheartedly said before her expression went back to serious. “The divorce had much to do with both of you…so does this whole situation. I can't say much at the moment…it's all too soon.”
 
Willow frowned. “Stop right there? You can't just stop right there! Just tell us Mizuki.”
 
Katsuo stood up from his seat, walking over to the oven. Mizuki watched him cautiously before turning her gaze to the alert young twins.
 
“Like I said, I can't say much at this time but I will warn you. When you were separate, the two of you were in danger. Now that you are united once again though, trouble is knocking on your door step. Your grandfather's death was no medical thing-not even an accident. He was immortal after all. He was murdered by the only that can kill an immortal-magic. They are trying to get you both…they knew the Tenku clan could not ignore Mamoru's death so easily, no matter how far they were,” she whispered, before leaving the table in a rush.
 
The two twins looked at each other, hoping the other would have the answer to their questions. Touma turned his stare away, looking over to the man that helped raise him. “Katsuo, what does she mean?”
 
“What Mizuki says is true. The enemy is after the both of you. All we know is that it has something to do with a prophecy.”
 
Willow stood up. “A prophecy? All this has to do with a prophecy?”
 
“Not just any prophecy my dear,” Mizuki entered, laying three journals on the table next to them. The fourth was handed to Touma, a page already opened.
 
Touma looked down at the written words. It was his grandfather's handwriting! He began to read it out loud.
 
When the mirrored azure stars are reunited
the August Star will be restored
by spilt blood and bonded essence
darkness shall come to power once more.
 
Life shall become undone
order shall give way to passion's rule
mortals become slaves to the Brilliant Male
the pillars of man become ruin.
 
Darkness shall cover the land, sea, and sky
the Pole Star shines ever more brightly than before
Yet in the hollow rock of crystal, in the moonlit pool
heaven's altar shall rise to balance the evil
and restore the splendor of the stars
the hope of the universe regained
the sky's chantry shall be the light of the world.
 
~*~
 
“Willow, it's getting old. Quit it before I grab that camera and shove it where the sun doesn't shine,” Touma grumbled, a violent edge to his tone.
 
Willow grinned mischievously, laying the camera on the small in table next to the couch. “Oh, Rowen, I can't help to be tempted by your charming self. You just look awesome studying so intently,” she replied cheerfully.
 
The blue haired archer looked up from his research. He was relieved not to see a bright flash of light once he looked straight at his twin. “I know that…I just think twenty shots are enough! How many do you need?”
 
She shrugged. “Don't know Rowen.”
 
“It's Touma,” he corrected, throwing her a book. “Here occupy yourself.”
 
The girl crinkled her noise in disgust. “Naw, I'll pass. I'm going upstairs to my room. Call me when supper's ready.”
 
Willow didn't wait for her brother to say anything as she jumped up from her seat and jogged up the stairs. She stood beside her room, flipping on her light and then closing the door. She then quietly walked into her brother's room. She had some exploring to do.
 
Since she had arrived at the small temple her grandfather owned, she had been randomly having voices, images and memories flood her head that weren't her own. All of these were connected to two things-dreams and Touma.
 
Since they had first met only days ago, she began to feel a bond bring them closer together. It startled her at first that while he was downstairs and she was upstairs, she knew exactly what her brother was going to say…or even worse, what he was thinking. They began finishing each other's sentences. They also began to pick up on each other's irritating habits before they began.
 
Since her bond with her brother became strong, so did her dreams. Willow was use to having dreams where she fell into darkness. She was also use to hearing the voices telling to come to it, however since she had arrived in Japan, the dreams have increased. They were nightly…and she wasn't just falling into darkness anymore. She was beginning to see shapes of bodies surrounding her. She was now tied up…Touma beside her. One individual would come face to face with them, hidden in a silver mask now.
 
`Child of Tenku the time is near.'
 
`Complete your destiny.'
 
Willow gasped, holding her hands to her ears. “Shut up! I don't know what you are talking about?”
 
`Child of Tenku the time is near.'
 
`Open the seal that sleeps in the darkness.'
 
`Awaken the darkness!'
 
 “Will? Will, where are you?” Touma called. She jumped from her seat, laying her hands in her lap. Seconds later, Touma entered. “Willow, what are you doing in my room?”
 
Willow stepped away from the bed. “Nothing.”
 
Touma frowned. His sister wasn't the great liar she thought she was. “Come on Will. What are you doing in my room?”
 
“Rowen, what was your childhood like?”
 
Touma blinked. He wasn't expecting that kind of question from the girl. “Um…why are you asking?”
 
“I'm just curious…to see if we went through similar things.”
 
The archer sighed. “My childhood wasn't bad; however it was like a bed of roses. In pure honesty I wasn't a child. I forced to grow up by the adults around me because of my intelligence. The only people that protected my innocence were my grandfather and Katsuo. They couldn't however protect me from my own peers. They always called me names and bullied me. I would come home with bruises all over me. There was one day I decided to defend myself. I knew I had a power they didn't…so I used it. My grandfather found out and punished me severly. Because I released such a strong power within me, I had a hard time controlling it and my emotions thus, I caused a bit of trouble. My grandfather decided to do something to help with that, so he began to teach me archery. From there, things began to get. I still wasn't accepted in school, but I began to feel a deeper calling. My samurai heart was beginning to awaken. I transferred schools and meet the guys-Shu, Shin, Seiji and Ryo. They were my first real friends. They were also the people I fought alongside. They also were Samurai Troopers. We fought the dynasty together…and now I'm here.”
 
Willow nodded. “I would like to meet your friends…they seem to be awful special to you.”
 
For the first time, Willow saw her brother genuinely smile. “Yeah…they are. I hope you get to one day.”
 
Willow looked down at the bed spread. She began to trace the patterns with her fingers. “It sounds like we had similar lives. I had troubles controlling my powers also as a kid. Things would float around and hit the kids that I was upset with. My mom and I moved so many times throughout my elementary years. She began training me in the sai. She also taught me how to swim and put me in the swimming team. I improved so much until I was fourteen; I began having nightmares about the armor. In the middle of my classes, I would begin to bleed from wounds that would just appear. My body would glow. My mother didn't fight it then…she decided to take me out of school. From there, I was in home school until the next year. She put me in high school then.
 
Touma's eyebrows furrowed. “Funny…even at such a distance, we had a bond. I wonder how strong it will be once we get to know each other better.”
 
“Yeah…so do I,” Willow mumbled before jumping up from the bed. “Hey Ro-we should have a sleep over tonight.”
 
“Nani?”
 
“Let's have a night out together, just the two of us. We can get to know each other better. Tell each other our darkest secrets. We've been away from each other for thirteen years. We have so much to catch up about!” Willow exclaimed.
 
Touma grinned. “Okay! Sure…what are you planning?”
 
Willow sat back down on the bed. “Let's do it outside…like a camp ground. We can have s'mores.”
 
“Well let's not just sit here Will. Come on, get up and get ready. I'll tell Mizuki and Katsuo our plans. They might want to join us.”
 
Hours later Willow and Touma laid side by side, staring up at the stars. Mizuki and Katsuo had spent most of the evening with them before they returned to the house. Now they just spent their time talking about random things or just not talking at all. Even the silence was comforting to them now.
 
“Okay so let me get this straight…” Willow began, her eyes closed. The two of them had found out about they could mind meld together, just like Touma did with the other Samurai Troopers. “So the blonde…his name is Date Seiji, right?”
 
“Hai, Will. He is the bearer of the armor Kourin. With a source of light, he can heal injuries however; it takes its toll on him. We try to avoid making him do those kinds of things…but for some reason anytime I hurt myself, he has to help me. He can't just let it heal on its own,” Touma babbled. “His family owns a dojo in Sendai. He keeps to himself a lot and doesn't open up easily with others. He and I are best friends though…or that's what I think. He left the house the day our grandfather died.  I haven't heard from him since…,” Touma answered. His heart tightened at the mention of the blonde swordsman.
 
Willow rolled over to look at her brother. “You must miss him, don't you?”
 
Touma faked a smile. “I miss them all…especially Seiji. He was my closest friend. We use to do things like this all the time-except without the fire and marshmallows. We would just go outside on the roof and just look at the stars. I would tell him about the constellations…and he would listen.”
 
The girl smiled. “Awwww…sounds like my Rowen has a crush on Seiji-san.”
 
Touma tackled her, tickling her sides coolly. Blush was creeping into his cheeks. “Knock it off Will.”
 
“Ahhhh! You…….stop it Ro…..can't….deny the….TRUTH!” she screamed, giggling in between each word. Touma stopped, giving her opportunity to breath. “Okay…Shin is the bearer of Suiko and he has a passion for water.”
 
“Yeah, you would like him Willow. He is the most cheerful person I have ever known…just don't get on his bad side. He can be a killer,” Touma added. “I have been on his dark side before and trust me…it isn't fun.”
 
“What happened?”
 
“I decided to play a practical joke on him one day so I took one of his angel fish from the tank and put it in a separate container in my room. I put a decoy in there and ran over to him and told him Angel was dead. He rushed to her side…he almost fell for it until he held her in his hands and found out it was rubber. I was already in trouble there but what happened next was something I never expected.”
 
Willow leaned over, laying her head on his stomach. “What?”
 
Byakuen came out of my room prancing around like he had received the best birthday present of all time. Before my eyes, I caught a glimpse of the fish in his mouth before he swallowed it…Shin was in tears. He locked himself in his room for the rest of his day…I felt bad for him until he got a hold of me the next day. I learned my lesson that day- NEVER touch Shin's fish.”
 
Willow burst into laughter. She could feel her brother tensing at the memory of it. In her mind, she saw the flashback of the `torture' Shin had created for her brother. She wished she could have been there to have witnessed it all. “Thanks for the warning. Now Ryo, he bears the armor of Rekka and is the unofficial leader of your group.”
 
“Great guy he is. He gets down at times…he puts too much pressure on himself. I didn't really get to know him until all our friends were taken captive. We became pretty close and I got to understand him more. I try to always be there for him, and I think he knows that.”
 
“He should. If not then I'll have to kick his butt so he knows,” Willow stated, pulling her light jacket close to her. “And lastly Shu, the bearer of Kongo and the strong headed one. He looks familiar.”
 
Touma snorted. “He should. Don't you remember in the summers when we visited grandfather he was there?”
 
Willow squinted, trying to think. “No…but that was a long time ago. I barely remember a lifetime with you.”
 
Touma rolled his eyes. “Fine be that way. Shu is loud and obnoxious at times. He has a huge heart though…and always keeps the five of us from killing each other. He acts all big and honcho but deep down, he is a big teddy bear.”
 
“Kay. They all sound great. I wish I had friends like that at home,” Willow commented, still roaming through her brother's memories.
 
“But you do. What about this Jamie girl I keep seeing?”
 
“Oh…Jamie. Yeah, Jamie is my best friend. She is the only one I have showed my `special powers' too. She didn't know what to think at first but she later on accepted it…over excitingly. She's a diehard fan for Star Wars so she always joked around that I `use the force.'”
 
Touma chuckled. “That sounds like found. It seems like you guys do a lot together.”
 
“Yeah…I miss her. I should probably call her,” Willow thought out loud.
 
Touma got up on his elbows; his once mischievous and animated eyes looked darker, more solemn. “What's mom like?”
 
Willow looked into Touma's eyes before turning to look back up at the night sky. “She's something else. She always seems to have the enthusiastic attitude about life. She isn't a quitter and she has a passion for journalism. She can get carried away at times with her job, but you can just tell she loves you. Her eyes show it…kind of like yours does. I have a feeling she'll be coming to Japan soon to find me, so you'll get to met her face to face.”
 
The archer smiled slightly. “Yeah…I hope so,” he said, shifting a little. “Hey Will, I'm ready to go inside. I'm getting a bit chilled out here.”
 
Willow agreed, assisting her brother on putting out the fire. She noticed in the moonlight her brother wasn't acting right. He kept blinking, as if trying to focus on something. He kept grabbing onto things around him and he seemed to be shaking. Willow grabbed for his hand. “Ro-are you okay? You look terrible.”
 
“I'm just tired Will. Don't worry about it,” he mumbled. He stumbled, falling down on the dirt path below their feet.
 
Willow screamed, kneeling at her brother's side. “Rowen! Are you okay?”
 
Her brother didn't respond. The blue haired girl could feel the terror rise in her. She quickly grabbed her phone from her back pocket. Touma needed help and she knew she wouldn't be able to carry him alone. “Hey Katsuo…No, I'm alright. It's Touma. He just fell down unconscious here on the path. I need some help getting him back to the house. Yeah…okay. Hurry please!”
 
Five minutes later, Katsuo came through the clearing with a flash light. He smiled cheerfully. “You should calm down Willow. He's fine…his blood pressure crashed that's all. I've been waiting for the past couple of days for this to happen.”
 
“What?”
 
Katsuo grinned, picking up the unconscious Touma. “A lot of stress can cause things like this. I had a feeling it was going to fail him soon enough. Don't worry Willow. He is fine. He'll be up and about tomorrow as if nothing happened.”
 
Katsuo carried Touma and Willow walked beside, watching her brother intently. She felt guilty she didn't see the signs. `I didn't even notice he was struggling. I'm so sorry Rowen. I'll be more careful next time.'
 
As the two walked away, a small cat followed behind them in the shadows purring softly.
 
~*~
 
Willow walked the streets alone. She didn't expect her twin brother to awake until noon. That night before was rough on Touma, crashing from all the stress that overwhelmed him. Terrified, she had remained by his side awake and alert to her brother's condition. The extra time had given her the opportunity to read her grandfather's old research journals about the Tenku Clan. She had also collect some of Touma's albums she had found and just to be noisy, read many of his journals. Although she and her twin were opening up to each other fast, she had learned many things about Touma's past.
 
`He has it tough. Having to fight for his life for others that don't even know. The nightmares still plague him and the only comfort he can get is through his comrades that are haunted with the same memories. That must be tough…especially for Rowen. I know how tough it is to give up logic for sophistic legends. Gosh, Ro…how did you do it?'
 
She stopped, looking around at the nearly empty street. She was surprised to see no one out this morning. `It really can't be that early,' she thought. Shrugging, she picked up her pace. `Oh well, it gives me space to release some energy!'
 
Although her brother was still much a stranger to her, she could help but fall completely in love with the archer and his charming personality, vulnerable blue eyes and his impish smile. Willow had found her missing part in him. Her puzzle pieces she had kept for years were beginning to find their place in the photograph of her life.
 
“Touma!”
 
Willow stopped in her tracks, turning around. She knew she was the only one around so the person must have been talking to her. She saw a blonde man waving his hand as he crossed the street. “Touma! It's Seiji!”
 
She hesitated. `Who the hell is Seiji' she thought. `I don't know but I don't think I'm going to stand around and wait to find out!' She turned around, sprinting. She had to get away from there.
 
Willow turned the corner sharp, hoping the blonde wouldn't keep following her. Sadly, it didn't happen the way she wanted. `Damn he's fast!'
 
Her thoughts were beginning to jumble and her legs were weakening under her. She couldn't keep going. She turned another corner. The alley was dark. In her opinion, it was darker than it should have been but she didn't care. She had to hide fast. In a flicker of light, she thought she saw a face before she collapsed, sliding across the paved street. She hissed, shots of pain going through her body, all coming from her ankle. Willow shifted until she was sitting, cradling her ankle. “Shit! How am I going to get out of this one?”
 
Seconds after the blue haired woman's fall, the blonde appeared around the corner, rushing toward her. He slowed, seeing her on the ground. Willow tried to move away but to no avail. She muttered curses to anything that would hear her.
 
“Touma! Are you alright? Touma?”
 
“Hell no I'm alright! You come chasing me around like a dog. And my name isn't Touma!” She spat, glaring holes into the others eyes.
 
If Willow hadn't been in pain, she might have rolled in laughter. The man's name was priceless. His violet eyes were wide in shock, mouth slightly dropped. His blonde hair was slightly out of place being windblown from his jog. For whatever reason he wasn't chasing her, she could tell he wasn't expecting this-whatever this was.
 
`You know…he's kinda cute but for some reason, I have a feeling I know him…or I should know him.'
 
The blonde kneeled next to her. “Gomen nasai miss…It's just…you look so much like my friend who is missing right now. I thought you were him,” the man apologized, looking directly into her eyes.
 
Willow glared back. “I hope his name is Touma,” she muttered, gritting her teeth. The pain in her ankle was extremely excruciating. “Honestly, I wouldn't be one of your friends the way you were chasing me.”
 
The blonde winced, looking away from her. “Gomen again. It's just…you have the same color hair-blue.”
 
Willow's eyes widened. `Damn! I thought I knew him. He's Seiji-one of Rowen's friends! They came looking for him. I wonder if Rowen knows about this?' “No, I am definitely not a boy with blue hair named Touma. I'm a girl who thought you were going to mug her or something around those lines.”
 
`There's got to be something I can do to help him find Ro. I don't want to just give up myself…that's just too easy. Perhaps…yes! That's it!'
 
She let Seiji help her up. Falling back down, she faked a cry. She had to see it he would do it. She had to see him heal. Only then would her plan work. “Damn ankle. I can't walk around like this. And I forgot my phone in the limo so I can't contact Mizuki,” she mumbled, trying to sound pathetic as she gave her best defenseless gaze.
 
Willow watched the blonde, Seiji look around before kneeling beside her. He grabbed her wounded ankle. She grinned. Now she could make it that easy. With her other leg, she kicked him in the stomach hard enough to make him stumble. “Watch it pal. I'll mace you if you try some funny business with me,” Willow warned, shifting into a more defensive stance.
 
Seiji smirked, getting back on his feet. “Cool it missy. I'm not going to hurt you. I can help you,” he said, grabbing for Willow's ankle again. “I can heal. Just close your eyes.”
`Yes!' She thought as she snorted. “Okay…whatever Blondie.”
Willow noticed he smiled at the nickname. So he must have recognized it. She knew it was the nickname her brother called the blonde man. Allow the young man to do his magic, she closed her eyes. Seconds later, she could feel the power all around her. It reminded her of the sun and the warmth and comfort it brought when it touched skin. Using her bond with Touma, she slowly began transferring images of her brother to the blonde, hoping he would get the message.
Although she could understand her brother not wanting his friends in family matters, she didn't agree with him. Willow had a strong feeling his close friends would have to join them in the fight with their enemies that hadn't showed their faces yet. So as not to betray her new founded brother, she decided to give information leisurely, hoping his friends would get the hint fast.
Once the warmth slowly faded away, she opened her eyes. The blonde still kept his eyes closed. He was still caught up in the moment with the memories that flashed through his head. Smiling, she touched his cheek. Seiji gasped, startling Willow.
“Hey you okay Blondie? You spaced out on me!”
Willow stood up on her own, watching Seiji look around the ground. Obviously he was out of it. “Thanks for healing my ankle. I didn't know people could do that anymore. I promise I won't tell since…it isn't natural,” Willow exclaimed, walking around the blonde. “Wow! It feels as good as new.”
The blue haired woman began to walk away slowly; hopping Seiji would stop her in her tracks. She had to make him make the first move. `Please Seiji! Please stop me!'
“Wait miss! I have something to ask you.”
`Yes!' She thought, turning around and walking back over to where the blonde fumbled through his pocket until he had his wallet. He pulled out small picture, handing it to Willow.
“As I explained before, my friend is missing. His name is Hashiba Touma. Have you seen him?”
Willow couldn't help but smile looking at the wallet size picture. Touma was dressed in jogging pants and a lose t-shirt. He was standing, holding a long bow, focusing on a target she guessed meters away. She twitched her eye, and shifted to her other foot that was injured only minutes ago. She staggered a breath. `Damn! I should go into acting.' “Um…no. I have never seen him. I hope you find him!” She said cheerfully, throwing the picture at the blonde before dashing way.
The girl didn't turn around to see the blonde standing next a taller and older blue haired man with a scar on his face, talking. She did know though that she would be followed. She prayed she would be. It was about time her brother faced his close friends.
After roaming the streets lost, she finally found the small black car she called `limo.' She smiled, waving at the older woman that leaned against the driver's door. “So I see you made some new friends today,” the woman commented as Willow came into hearing range.
Willow's smile brightened. “Oh Mizuki, it's nothing. Let's go home. I wanna see if Rowen woke up yet. I have to take him shopping today,” she exclaimed excitingly, getting into the passenger seat.
Mizuki chuckled. “Oh brother. What am I ever going to do with you?”
~*~
Touma woke up feeling warmth he knew well. He eyes fluttered open, looking around. He was disappointed to see that his hopes were only dreams. He cursed himself. `You should have known he wouldn't be here! He doesn't even know you're gone.'
The blue haired man sat up from his bed, pulling his hair back. He had a throbbing headache. Everything from the night before was a blur. He remembered being with Willow and talking about the past with her. He also remembered the feeling dizzy the entire time and his vision was blurring on him every so often. It wasn't until he began to shake that he decided he had to get back to the house. The last thing that he remembered was walking beside Willow. His only guess was that he passed out.
Touma gasped, turning his head to look out of the window. He felt Willow probing through his mind. And then he felt the warmth again…an image of Seiji appearing in his mind. The blonde had his eyes closed, focusing on something. In his mind's eye, he noticed that the blonde had a light surrounding him, realizing the blonde was healing someone. Then it clicked. `Willow, what the hell are you up too?'
“Seiji,” he whispered, looking down at his hands. He wanted to see the blonde haired man so badly, yet he knew he couldn't. He couldn't bring harm to any of his friends. “Please Seiji…Shu…Ryo…Shin…don't come looking for me. This is something I must deal with myself.”
He felt the aura of the blonde slowly vanish. His heart pounded fast against his ribcage. He got up from his seat on the bed, deciding to rest next to the window. He laid his head on the cool glass, watching the sun rise the rest of its way up into the heavens.
Darkness was where he belonged. He loved the night and the heavens that painted a magnificent picture above him. He loved the crisp air. He loved the sounds of the night. Yet, even with those points, he hated it. He loathed the emptiness the darkness brought. In truth…he was lost without the light. He was lost without Seiji.
“Seiji…I love you. Please…don't come for me,” Touma whispered, a tear slipping down his pale skin.
“Rowen! Rowen!”
Touma composed himself fast, pulled the hair from his face and rubbed the dried tear streaks from his face. Turning his head to look at the clock on the wall. `Has it really been thirty minutes since I woke up! Damn, I must have zoned out.'
Willow came into his room, bouncing onto his lap. She kissed him on the cheek. “Morning sleepy head! It's nice to see that you are okay. I was worried after you passed out on the ground.”
“Sorry about that Will. I didn't know my blood pressure was that low,” Touma admitted, circling his arms around his sister. “What have you been up to?”
She shrugged. “I went on a jog around the block. It's really pretty here. I think I going to take pictures around here.”
Touma nodded, remaining quiet. The two stayed still, listening to the silence around them.
Willow shifted in Touma's lap. “Hey Touma?”
“What is it Will,” Touma questioned, alarmed she had called him Touma. She rarely did that, always determined to call him by his birth name Rowen.
“I'm kinda scared about this whole prophecy thing. I've read about it in grandfather's journals and it doesn't sound good at all,” Willow began. “They need twins from the Tenku clan to awaken an evil unknown to this world. From what I understand, the followers of this evil tried to do it before but it failed miserably. One of the twins had died in the process, however, evil still leaked through the seal and roamed this world.”
Touma nodded. “Yeah, I read that also Will. What is it that frightens you?”
“What if they take us Touma and awaken the evil inside the seal? Why if you or I die in the process? How will humankind survive if the evil spreads? How will it be stopped,” Willow asked. She couldn't stop the questions or tears forming in her eyes. “I'm terrified Rowen.”
“Shhhhhhh…there, there Will. Everything is going to be okay. I'm not going to let anything happen to you,” Touma whispered the promise, leaning his head on her shoulder.
Willow turned to look at her brother in the eyes. She could tell he meant it. She hugged him. “I love you Ro.”
“Love you too,” Touma answered back, embracing his sister. He wiped the tears from her eyes, smiling. “Now if you don't mind, I'm going to get dressed. I can tell you had plans for today other than to cry on my shoulder.”
Willow grinned. “Good idea Rowen! I'll meet you downstairs!”
~*~
“Oh Rowen it isn't that bad! See-there's hardly any people around! Most people are at work!” Willow stated, pulling her brother around by the arm.
“No, not really,” Touma muttered, looking around the mall. He really hated shopping-especially with and for someone else. He grunted, feeling a small fist hit him in the stomach. “Okay, it isn't that bad…but still bad.”
Willow sighed, still holding onto the archer. “Oh Rowen…we are going to have to get you out more often. Aren't we?”
Touma glared. “I'd rather curl up in a ball and die then have to shop twenty-four seven!”
The blue haired girl sighed. “Have it your way Ro. I'll be sending you an assassin.”
Touma chuckled, ruffling Willow's hair. “You are horrible.”
“I can't help it that you are rubbing off of me. I'm influenced easily…that's why I'm an American teenager!”
“Loser.”
“And what are you?”
“A Japanese teenager that believes all Americans are bull-headed people that always want and will get their way. They don't understand the necessity of peace and tranquility. Besides, what America doesn't know is that we have control of them.”
Willow smirked. “How's that?”
“We have control of their futures. Why else would we have invented Nintendo? To influence their children,” Touma answered, grinning.
Willow snorted. “That's why I pray you NEVER take over Japan…much less the world.”
Touma gasped. “How did you know my plans?”
Willow giggled. “It's that obvious. You better turn down that thought or else America will find out through the radio waves. Then they'll be after you.”
The blue haired man grinned. “You know I love you, right.”
Again she shrugged. “How can you not love me? I'm the sexiest thing alive!” Willow teased. “Just kidding. I love you too Little Boy Blue.”
Touma raised an eyebrow. “Little Boy Blue?”
“Oh…I guess you might not know it. It's a children's fable in America. There's a Little Bo-Peep the girl and Little Boy Blue in the story. I thought the name suited you well,” Willow explained.
“Alright Little Bo-Peep,” Touma said, stopping at the bookstore. He smiled sheepishly at his sister. “I'm going to be in here for awhile.”
Willow nodded. “Alright then, I'll meet you here once I'm done picking up my things. See ya Ro!”
Touma smiled, waving at her. He watched her leave until she turned into the corner before going into his sanctuary. It was quiet in the store with hardly anyone around. Light classical music softly played in the background. He roamed the aisles until he was at the science fiction are. Picking up a few books, he sat himself on the carpeted floor, beginning to read the first page of the first book.
By the time he was in the middle of chapter two, he became aware that there were other people in the store arguing amongst each other.
“He's somewhere in this mall. I can feel him.”
“Well, this must be a good sign…I haven't touched his mind link for days now.”
“You don't have that great of a connection with him though.”
“Oh and you do?”
“Well, I am his friend.”
“Yeah, the friend who hides all his emotions inside and doesn't give a damn about anyone else but himself.”
“I am not like that! I care deeply for him.”
“Then why don't you just admit to him that you are head over heels for him Seiji before he decides to move on.”
Touma stiffened at the name Seiji. Slowly turning his head from the bookshelf he quickly turned back into the safety of his hiding spot, spotting the sight of blonde hair. `Damn! How did he find me here? Wait-why is he in Kyoto? Shouldn't he be in Sendai?'
Gathering his books, he quickly evaded his hiding space, trying to avoid the blonde who was quickly getting close to where he was. Getting to the side of the bookshelf, he watched the two walk together, still arguing.
“Are you saying what I think you're saying,” Seiji asked. His back was turned from Touma as he talked to Anubis.
“I'm not going to comment on that one. You should be brave enough to ask him yourself Blondie. If he really means as much to you as you say he is then you wouldn't go hiding things from him. Touma deserves better than that.”
Seiji nodded his head, sighing. “I guess you're right.”
Touma was almost out of there, as he paid the cashier the money for the books. He grabbed the small plastic bag and started leaving the small bookstore when the unspeakable happened. His phone began to blare loudly Pirates of the Caribbean music.
He grumbled, rummaging through his pants pocket until he flipped his phone open. “What Willow?”
“Geez Mr. Cranky, I was just letting you know I was on my way back to the bookstore. Are you still there,” Willow asked.
Touma sighed. “Yeah, I am. I'll wait for you outside of the bookstore.”
“Okay see ya Rowen!”
“Bye.”
Touma sighed, putting the phone back away. The loud had startled him. `Hopefully Seiji didn't notice that.'
Just as the thought hit him, a hand fell on his shoulder. Touma tensed, slowly turning his head. Behind him was his worst nightmare-Date Seiji had found him. He didn't look too happy about it either.
“Trying to sneak out of the store Touma, eh? I thought you loved the bookstore,” Seiji stated.
“Um….hi Seiji. Why are you in Kyoto? I thought you were supposed to be in Sendai with your family.”
“I was until I got a phone call from Anubis saying that you were here. The guys confirmed to me that you had run away in the night. What's going on Touma? This isn't like you at all.”
Touma looked down at his black sneakers. He was embarrassed by his past actions. “It's a long story Seiji. I have no time to explain it to you.”
Seiji pulled his blonde hair away from his right eye, showing both eyes. “Oh you better have time Touma-chan. You have no right to scare me-I mean all of us. The others didn't know where you were, if you were kidnapped or if you were even dead or alive until I called them and told them you ran here. What are you doing here?”
Touma glared at the blonde. “Like I said, it's none of your damn business! Maybe I left without a word because I didn't want you guys to find me!”
Seiji's hair fell back into his face, his eye now wide. “But, why? We love you Touma…you hurt us badly by just running off with no word. I haven't been able to sleep since you left. Surely you can explain to us why!”
Touma stepped back away from the blonde. “I can't.”
Anubis cleared his throat, trying to bring out so much of the tension from the argument. “So Touma, you live here?”
“Hai, I'm from Kyoto. I've lived here since I was five. My home though is about forty five minutes away from the city though.”
“Cool. I remember when coming through this down centuries ago. It was smaller then of course. It's changed since then.”
Willow came bouncing up behind Touma, throwing her arms around her brother. “Rowen, look what I found! My hair is going to be brown by tonight again. Don't know if it will work though…I've never used hair color before though. You think it will work?”
Touma shrugged. “It should. If not, maybe it will be black now.”
Willow glared, punching her brother in the arm. “Jerk,” she muttered, finally turning her gaze to the two other people standing there. “Oh…are these you're friends Touma?”
“Yeah…Willow this is Seiji and Anubis. This is Willow, my twin sister.”
Seiji looked at her, startled. “I think we have already met this morning.”
Willow nodded. “Yeah we did. Touma this was the asshole that chased me down the street early this morning before you woke up.”
Touma looked at her. “Nani? When were you in Kyoto?”
“I already told you. This morning I went for a jog!”
“You didn't tell me that! You just said you went on a jog, not where you went on your jog!”
Seiji looked over to Anubis who just shrugged. He didn't know Touma had siblings much less a twin sister. Whoever she was, the two of them sure fought like siblings.
Around the corner came three other people Touma knew all too well. Willow saw them at a distance, stopping her fight with her brother to wave them down. “Hey guys!”
Touma looked over his shoulder, but soon turned away to look at his sister. “You did this on purpose! You knew they were here!”
Willow smiled innocently as the four came closer. “I might have. I thought having your friends around would cheer you up Rowen. Although you have been denying it, you've missed having them around-I can tell. Besides, they are the Samurai Troopers. Maybe they can help us with our own predicaments we have been researching.”
Shu was the first to see Touma. “Hey guys, its Touma!”
Ryo walked over to Touma, trying to control his anger. “Where the hell have you been?”
“Ryo calm down. Here in a mall is not the place to get angry with Touma. Let's find a more private area to discuss this,” Shin said, pushing Ryo away from the archer.
Willow smiled, grabbing her brother's arm. “Oh! How about you guys come home with us? We would love to have guest in our home-right Rowen?”
Rowen glared at his sister, before turning to his friends. “Yes, you can ride with us since I have a feeling you guys didn't bring the jeep. It'll be a little crowded though.”
Anubis smiled. “I'll stay behind and wait for Nasuti while you guys go. She said she would be coming down this weekend. I'll lead her to your house from there.”
Shu nodded. “So it's a plan!”
Seiji smirked. “And now you will have to explain to us Touma everything.”
Touma smiled nervously as he was lead to by the arm by his sister. ::You know Willow, you're going to die for this.::
::I know Rowen, but it's for the best. I have a feeling this evil we are going to be up against is not going to be easy to handle with just the two of us. We need all the help we can get.::
To Be Continued…
 
~*~