Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Prophecy of the Darkest Star ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prophecy of the Darkest Star
Chapter 4
By: Life the Fay
Co-written by: Hellfire13
Disclaimer: We do not own the YST/RW characters whatsoever. They belong to Sunrise Bandai and whoever else owns them.
 
~*~
            ;     It had been a long evening that slowly moved to nightfall and then morning. After bringing the Samurai Troopers to their humble home, Touma had closed himself off from everyone. The slamming door had pierced Willow's heart. She never meant to betray her brother she had only begun to trust days ago. She remained next to his door for the remainder of the night, trying to talk to him through the door.
The sunshine creeping from the hallway window woke the blue haired lady curled up on the carpeted floor. She rubbed at her dried eyes. Frowning, she noticed the door still remained closed and more than likely barricaded by random objects Touma had thrown at the wooden door nearly twelve hours ago.
            ;     “Did you sleep well on the floor?”
            ;     Willow turned her head, smiling nervously to see the auburn haired man standing next to the staircase, staring intently at her. She remembered his name to be Shin. Thus far, he was the kindest to her. He walked gracefully toward her (all of the Troopers seem to have a grace to them), holding a small teacup. He handed her the cup. “Here, I made you a cup of tea. It should help ease the tension.”
            ;     She muttered a thank you under her breath, sipping the warm liquid. She sighed in contentment, feeling the tea already move through her body. She blushed when she noticed he was still there, sitting next to her by the door. “Are all of you awake now?”
            ;     “No, Ryo still sleeps. The search for Touma had exhausted him physically and emotionally. He will probably be up within an hour,” Shin answered, removing the lint from his blue Dockers. “Seiji and Shu are around the estate doing their own thing. I have a feeling they will be up here sometime to check on Touma. They have been worried about him-especially Seiji.”
            ;     “Seiji is the blonde, right?”
            ;     “Hai, he is. We are all friends but it seems like Seiji is the closest to Touma-kinnda similar to Shu's and my friendship,” Shin replied.
            ;     Willow nodded. “I see,” she muttered to herself. She rested her head against the door. “So how did you sleep?”
            ;     “Very well. Thank you so much for giving us a place to stay and also for helping us find our Touma. We didn't know what to think when he just vanished on us.”
            ;     Willow merely nodded, the words felt like they slice through her core. She avoided eye contact with the other, hating to see the pain reflecting in his water like eyes. Many times she took glances in them only to turn away, thinking she had seen a reflection of her mother's eyes.
            ;     “You miss her, don't you?”
“What?”
            ;     “Your mother-you miss her,” Shin whispered, lifting her chin to look at him. “I know you ran away from home.”
            ;     Her midnight blue eyes widened, looking directly into the sea green eyes. “How-”
            ;     “Like the others, some of our senses have been enhanced such as our reflexes, hearing and sight. We also have special capabilities that link us to our armors. Because my element is water and the human body is made of seventy percent of it, I could control the water in you…but I would rather not. Instead, I seek out your emotions and thoughts. I would like to help you understand what is going on inside of you."
            ;     Willow was stunned, trying to think of something to say. “Shin…that is just freaky.”
            ;     The auburn haired warrior chuckled. “I know…I think it is too. All of us have some connection to the armor that makes us unique.”
            ;     “What's Rowen's?”
            ;     Shin blinked, surprised by the question. “Well…I never really asked him. I know he can fly and he has at times talked to the stars, but I don't know if he can hear them respond back.”
            ;     Willow giggled. “That's funny…and kind of strange,” she stated. She curled her legs up, wrapping her arms around them and rested her head on her knees, looking at Shin. “My mom use to tell me that when I was a kid, I would talk to plants. I always tried to convince her that there were little creatures that lived in them but she would just laugh it off. She thought I had a big imagination.”
            ;     Shin laughed. “I can imagine that. So tell me, why did you run away from home?”
            ;     “Can't you read my mind?”
            ;     “I'd rather hear it from you than invade your privacy.”
            ;     Willow shrugged, nervously picking at the soft carpet strings. “What can I say-I felt a calling just like Rowen. I saw images of a garden before my body went cold and rigid. I couldn't breathe anymore-I was so scared that I was dying. I didn't even think that I was feeling the death of my very own grandfather,” she explained softly. “I knew I was doing the wrong thing by just walking away from my home, but I felt like I didn't have a choice. So I left.”
            ;     “I find that rather odd. Touma had the same feeling,” Shin commented, his attention moving toward the staircase. “It makes me wonder if it's not a trap.”
            ;     “A trap?”
            ;     “Dude, you didn't tell me you were having a party up here,” Shu exclaimed, jumping up the last step to join the duet. “You were going to leave the life of the party out of this one?”
            ;     Willow snorted. “The two of you are the life of the party?”
            ;     Shu glanced behind him at Seiji who took his sweet time. “Okay, maybe not Blondie here but I sure am the life of any party.”
            ;     Shin rolled his eyes. “We are not having a damn party Shu!”
            ;     Shu frowned. “Well that ain't fun,” he muttered. He grinned at Willow. “Man, your Gramps had a great place! I had forgotten how elaborate he kept his gardens. This place could have a killer party.”
            ;     “Is that all you can think about-parties.” Seiji barked, sitting across from Shin. “How is he?”
            ;     Shin shrugged. “Don't know much. He hasn't come out yet.”
            ;     “He's sleeping right now,” Willow reported effortlessly.
            ;     “What are you two doing up here anyways?”
            ;     Shin shook his head. “Waiting for Touma to come out of his room.”
            ;     Shu frowned. “The door is still locked?”
            ;     “No,” Willow stated. “I already unlocked it. Mizuki had a key.”
            ;     “Then why have you not went in yet,” Seiji asked formally.
            ;     She smirked. “Well, one he's asleep. Secondly, there's a mess of crap next to the door that he threw last night and lastly, I want him to come out on his own.”
            ;     Seiji merely nodded his head. Shu looked over at the blonde, shrugging before turning to smile at Shin. “Suti said she would be here about an hour from now. She said she has found out more about the Tenku clan.”
            ;     “That's good,” Shin said, leaning over closer to Willow. “Hey Will, since Touma isn't going to be up for awhile, how about you, Shu and I get something quick to eat.”
            ;     Willow frowned, looking at the blonde. “What about you?”
            ;     “I'm staying here,” replied Seiji coldly. She winced at the remark.
            ;     “Forgive him, he didn't sleep well at all last night,” Shin whispered in her ear. “If you don't eat, you'll get sick Will. Touma wouldn't be pleased if he found out we weren't taking care of you.”
            ;     She bit her lip nervously before taking Shin up on his offer. She stood up with the help of the Suiko warrior, following the two joyful teens downstairs, leaving the callous blonde alone.
~*~
            ;     The light began to waver, causing the fear to expand into his already fast beating heart. `No, don't go out,' the dreamer screamed in his mind, sprinting toward the light. `I fear the darkness…I fear what's in it. Please stay bright!'
            ;     The light however didn't seem to listen; only becoming dimmer. The dreamer reached the light, grasping it before it forever went out.  The dreamer's hopes dissolved along with the light in his hands, falling to his knees on the dark floor. `I'm too late,' he thought miserably, the never ending dark surrounding his body. He could now hear the voices in the dark, their voices sounding like bombs exploding.
            ;     “Seek the August Star!
            ;     “The August Star?” he whispered which sounded more like a crowded stadium of shouting people. He covered his sensitive ears. `What is going on? Where am I?'
            ;     He uncovered his ears, startled by the sound of cracking glass. He looked around the darkness, trying to see where it was coming from. There was no point; he couldn't even see his hand in front of him. He stood up, walking cautiously in no direction in particular, trying to get away from the sound. It was too late for him when he accidentally stepped on a weak spot, breaking the floor below him. Before he knew it, he was falling. Images of his beloved family and friends flooded his mind. `So this is what it feels like to die,' he thought to himself.
            ;     “Seek the August Star,” the voice boomed again, startling the dreamer from his depressing thoughts of death.
            ;     The dreamer chuckled to himself, not amused. `Seek the August Star…I don't even know what that is! Besides, why bother when I'm falling to my doom anyways?'
            ;     Abruptly the dreamer landed on soft green grass. He groaned, pain sweeping into his body. “Gosh, can't someone warn me next time that it's time to land,” he muttered, pushing himself up on his arms to look around.
He could see ahead of him now that he was in a forest. Although it seemed to be night, he could see clearly everything around him. It was peaceful around him, crickets and trees whining in the wind were the only sounds he could hear.
            ;     The dreamer squinted, noticing something shining underneath the moon's pale light. Curiosity aching in him, he slowly walked toward it. Within a few paces he saw that it was a body in armor. The two katanas, which glinted in the moonlight, were only a few inches away from the body's hands. To the far left was the helmet of the warrior, tossed carelessly aside.           &nb sp;  
            ;     He fell to the ground near the body's head, clearly recognizing the armor. “Ryo,” he whispered. His voice seemed to be swallowed by the forest around him.         
Ryo seem to stir from where he lay, but he soon went back to the motionless warrior the dreamer had found. 
“Ryo, you have to get up!” He felt like it was urgent for his leader to get up. He grabbed for the metal gloved hand that lay lifeless, shaking it relentlessly. “Come on Ryo! Get up!”
            ;     “Seek the August Star, or they will perish!
            ;     The dreamer looked around, trying to find the voice that had been speaking to him since he came here. “Who are you? Show yourself!”
            ;     There was no reaction to his demand but a soft groan. He quickly looked down, where Ryo gasped for breath, grabbing for the dreamer's arm. Tiger blue eyes looked up hauntingly up at him. “Touma, find the August Star.”
Touma grimaced, pulling away from his friend. A pool of blood was around Ryo, the soft grass surrounding him now a reddish brown in the moonlight. The forest was disturbingly silent. The trees now lay bare with no leaves, their bark twisting in unusual ways. He looked down at Ryo who lay limp again, cuts all over his tan skin, and his red armor crimson from his own blood. Tears rolled down his eyes. He went to wipe them away but stopped, looking at his hands, covered in blood. Panic clouded his logical thinking.
He didn't know when he started running, but he didn't want to stop once it registered to him what he was doing. He didn't want to be here. He wanted to be back home…with the guys and Nasuti at the mansion. `Even if that means I have to give Byakuen a bath for the rest of my life, I just want my life to be back to the way it used to be,' he screamed in his head.
            ;     Touma stumbled, falling flat on his face. He feared turning to look at the object that caused him to fall, but he had to know. He cried out loud. Next to his feet was Shin. He could see his friend fought hard before his death, sweat and blood matted in his hair. The armor had been ripped apart and what he assumed to be the cause of his auburn haired friend's death. He bled to death. He turned from Shin's body only to find Shu ahead of him a few leagues away. He wasn't in any better shape than Shin.
            ;     The archer couldn't take it anymore, tears rolling down freely from his face. He curled up into the fetal position, rocking himself back and forth on the dirt. His friends were dead…but why? Was it because he couldn't find the August Star? `First my Grandfather died and now my friends. Why is this happening?'
            ;     “Touma-chan, you must seek the August Star and awaken it.”
            ;     He recognized that voice. He slowly lifted his head, noticing the scenery had changed. No longer did he see the bodies of Shin, Shu or Ryo. The trees were alive now the sun reflecting off the green leaves. Standing next to him was Seiji-his friend and his light. His only hope lay in the dreary darkness. He couldn't hide his small smile. The blonde was unharmed and very much alive to his relief. He couldn't believe it. “Seiji?”
            ;     Seiji chuckled lightly. “Of course it's me Touma. Who else would it be?”
            ;     He did have a point. He stood up on his own, brushing the dirt from his pants. “Seiji, I don't have a clue what the August Star is much less how to awaken it. What am I suppose to do?”
            ;     The blonde shrugged. “I guess you will have to do some research. I know your family has books all about this topic. All you have to do is search.”
            ;     Touma look at him slightly confused. How did Seiji know what his family had and didn't have? He was about ready to ask when he noticed the smiling blonde stumbled, falling on him. Automatically, Touma grabbed him, slowly lowering him. “Seiji what's wrong?” It was then he saw it. Touma gasped, seeing the golden arrow, Tenku's arrow, imbedded in the blonde's back.
            ;     The scenery was slowly dimming, becoming the darkness Touma was beginning to fear.  He could hear the blonde's breathing stagger, and then completely stop. Seiji's body vanished along with the light, only making the fearful archer lose it. “Seiji, please don't leave me! Don't leave me!”
            ;     “Awaken the August Star or else they will die by your hands, Touma.
~*~
            ;     Touma sat straight up, gasping for air. The room was blurring, making him panic even more. He had heard someone screaming, not aware that it was himself. Within a few minutes the room slowly stopped moving and he became aware that he wasn't alone. Someone held him rubbing his back soothingly, saying comforting words. He focused on the voice, knowingly recognizing it.
            ;     “Seiji?”
            ;     “It's okay Touma. It was just a dream,” Seiji spoke softly.
            ;     With reluctance, Touma pulled away from the blonde's embrace. Something wasn't right with this scene. He looked from the door to his room back to the swordsman. “How did you get into my room?”
The blonde shrugged. “The door was unlocked. I had to move some things to get in but most of the things you threw last night were light weighted.”
            ;     Touma looked again at the door seeing what the blonde meant. His bookcase was moved back in it proper place, its books resting in it once again. A chair that had held the door knob was now set next to the window. He knew that Seiji was watching his ever move. He shook his head, a small smile on his lips. “Sometimes you amaze me Seiji.”
            ;     “It helps when you lay things carelessly around Touma-chan,” Seiji chuckled. He grasped Touma's hand, getting the blue haired man's attention. “Touma, why did you run away? You know that isn't a way to solve problems.”
Touma looked up at the violet eyes staring intently at him. He was ashamed of himself and the actions that he had made the past couple of days. He shifted his glance toward a picture resting on the nightstand of him, Shu, Ryo, and Seiji dressed in the graduation gowns. Shin stood next to Shu dressed casually since he had graduated a year before the others. `I can't believe that was only three weeks ago. It feels more like years ago.' “I felt like I had no choice Seiji. Something was calling me back here. I didn't want anyone to be hurt by the decisions I had to make from there on.”
            ;     Seiji frowned. “What does that mean? What is going on Tou?”
            ;     The archer sighed. Did he really have to explain all of this for his best friend to understand? He didn't even understand what was going on. “That night when I passed out at the restaurant, I felt my grandfather die. I was seeing things through his eyes for a brief moment before he passed away.”
            ;     “I know about your grandfather's death. Shin told me. I'm sorry to hear about it. I know that you and your grandfather were really close. How did he die?”
            ;     “The paramedics say he had a heart attack but I know they're wrong. He was murdered,” Touma said coldly. He fought back the emotion and the flashbacks. He didn't want his friend to pity him.
            ;     Seiji was stunned. “Murdered? How do you know this?  There was no evidence that he was murdered.”
            ;     Touma smirked. “Have you been going through my head Seiji?”
            ;     “No, Shin has done all that work for me,” Seiji stated. “How do you know your grandfather was murdered?”
            ;     Touma hesitated, not knowing how to answer the blonde's question. Should he tell him about his experience or the discussion he had with Mizuki and Katsuo one morning. He decided to play it safe for the moment. He took a big breath before beginning the explanation. “Before I passed out I saw a person standing over my grandfather's body-a woman. She was smiling as he died,” Touma slowly said, picturing the woman in his eyes. Her golden eyes sparkled in his mind's eye, causing him to shiver. “I remembered her…I remember her from my childhood. I don't remember when or why but I do know that she isn't a good thing. I know that she killed my grandfather.”
            ;     Seiji absorbed the information. He pulled his bangs away from his face. “Well, what are you going to do now that you know that your grandfather was murdered?”
            ;     “I haven't had the time to think about that. Everything has been moving so fast that I haven't been able to think,” Touma muttered. “The night I came back Willow was right on my tail. I meet my twin sister whom I thought dead the same day I confirmed that my guardian had died. From there on, I had been preparing my grandfather's cremation, and taking care of his property that he gave to me in his will.”
            ;     “I understand, but now that I am giving you time to think about this, what are you going to do?”
            ;     The blue haired man was stumped. Since he arrived at his childhood home and learned of his true heritage, he had sat in the small library, researching all he could find on the Tenku clan. Although he now knew countless things about his life, he still felt lost and confused. With this obtained information, how was going to apply it to his new situation?
            ;     Touma pushed the blankets from himself, rolling out the bed. He opened the small door to the nightstand, pulling out a worn journal. He flipped thought the yellowish-white pages. He stopped in the middle of the book, holding the page down and handing the small book to Seiji. “I need your help along with the others. I need to find out what this means.”
            ;     Seiji looked at the page, reading the words out loud.
 
           ;            &n bsp;         “When the mirrored azure stars are reunited
           ;            &n bsp;         the August Star will be restored
           ;            &n bsp;         by spilt blood and bonded essence
           ;            &n bsp;         darkness shall come to power once more.
  
           ;            &n bsp;         Life shall become undone
           ;            &n bsp;         order shall give way to passion's rule
           ;            &n bsp;         mortals become slaves to the Brilliant Male
           ;            &n bsp;         the pillars of man become ruin.
  
           ;            &n bsp;         Darkness shall cover the land, sea, and sky
           ;            &n bsp;         the Pole Star shines ever more brightly than before
           ;            &n bsp;         Yet in the hollow rock of crystal, in the moonlit pool
           ;            &n bsp;         heaven's altar shall rise to balance the evil
           ;            &n bsp;         and restore the splendor of the stars
           ;            &n bsp;         the hope of the universe regained
           ;            &n bsp;         the sky's chantry shall be the light of the world.”
 
            ;     He looked up from his reading, catching his beloved friend's eyes with his own. “Touma what is this?”
            ;     “This is the puzzle we have to solve in order to know our futures.”
~*~
            ;     Shu grinned sheepishly at his best friend from across the couch. Willow had decided to go outside for awhile, leaving the two alone in the dining room. His friend couldn't hide the goofy grin on his face and the sparkle in his eyes. He chuckled. “Oh my Shin, are you falling for Touma's sister?”
            ;     Shin blinked, refocusing. He looked at Shu, surprised that out of all of them, he would ask. “What? No! I'm just startled about how much she looks like Touma. That's all.”
            ;     “Really? Is that why you want to talk to her a lot and give her nice things?”
            ;     Shin flinched. When did Shu get to be so observant? “She's just going through a hard time right now Shu. Just think, she ran away from home, found her long lost brother and her grandfather she never got to meet is dead. How would you feel?” Shin pointed out. “I'm just trying to make her feel welcomed.”
            ;     Shu's smiles seem to broaden but decided not to reply when he saw the Suiko warrior glare at him. “So, you think Touma and Seiji are going to join us sometime. They've been up there for at least twenty minutes.”
Shin smiled, looking up at the ceiling. “They sure have been up there for awhile.”
            ;     “Not anymore,” Seiji stated, waltzing into the small living area. Behind him was Touma, fully dressed with hair combed. “What are you two doing? Where's Ryo? I thought he would be up by now.”
            ;     “Well, we haven't seen him,” Shin stated. He looked over at Touma, noticing his eyes slightly swollen and red, alerting him that something had be going on. The auburn haired man smiled lightly, patting the archer on the back. “Are you feeling better Touma?”
            ;     Touma looked up from staring at the ground, slightly startled. “Oh yeah. I feel a lot better than I did yesterday. Have you seen Willow?”
            ;     “She stepped outside for awhile,” Shu answered.
            ;     Touma nodded, sitting in the rocking chair next to the window. He felt bad about the fight he had with his sister the day before and wanted to make it right again. Although he had meet Willow only days ago, he felt completely incomplete without her around now that he had her. Images from that night stirred him a bit. `Seek the August Star' whispered into his mind. He remembered that name from the prophecy. He was wondering if Willow was having the same dreams.
            ;     On the couch, Seiji was also thinking of the prophecy. It unnerved him that the stanzas on the page were bothering his best friend to no end. What could this small parchment mean? What did this have to do with his Touma? He hated to think that a piece of paper with a crazy poem was the reason his friend was acting so weird. It reminded him so much of the play they found a year ago. He cringed at the memory.
Shin could tell something was up. The two newcomers seemed unfocused and deep in thought. Curiosity ate at him but he decided now wasn't the time to ask. He had a feeling Seiji would tell him and the others soon about what he knew.
            ;     Shu sighed. “Man, I wonder what's taking Ryo so long to get out of bed?”
 
~*~
 
            ; She kept herself focused on the invisible target although her mind wanted to wander over everything. She kept her breathing smooth and easy, slowly moving through the moves she had been taught. She didn't want to think about the recent events. She loved finding her other half, her twin brother. `But is that enough? Can I handle the world crumbling around me as long as I have Rowen by my side?'
            ; She flinched, dropping the sai on the wooden floor. The sound echoed in the dimly lighted room. She looked down at the silver weapon, her thoughts focused on something in the distance. She remembered the memory clearly like it was just a couple minutes ago.
          `The sound of breaking glass and my startled scream…those girls faces looked panicked. They knew they were wrong. The pain of the glass digging into my skin. The world becoming black around me as I fell farther and farther down….and then the landing. I knew my body was broken….I felt cold and alone. It was then I saw him,' she thought to herself, cautiously bending to pick up her sai. `He kept taking me farther and farther away from my body…and the light that surrounded my body was leaving until something grabbed me….I don't know what. When I felt it grab a hold of me and pull me away, I couldn't help but imagine the night sky. Before I knew it, I was awake in a hospital bed.'
           “And now he is back to finish his plan.”
           “Who is back?”
            ; Willow spun around quickly, flinching from the quick movement. She was surprised to see the ebony haired teen leaning against the door. She recognized him as the leader of the Samurai Troopers and one of her brother's trusted friends, Ryo. She looked down at her sai, nervous by the new presence. “Nothing.”
            ; Ryo frowned. He felt he had just intruded on something he shouldn't, but seeing the girl made him curious. Meeting her for the first time yesterday; so many things had roamed his mind. How had she remained hidden for so many years? Where had she been? Why she was here now? He had a feeling that most of the answers lied with another.
            ; Before stumbling into the blue haired girl, he had been talking to Nasuti. She was traveling now to the small estate, explaining all she knew about the Tenku clan. What disturbed him the most was the “prophecy” she had mentioned.
           “It seems like this prophecy is something that has been bothering the Tenku clan for centuries.”
           “What does it mean though, Suti?”
           “Well, according to the history I found, it seems like a long time ago, an evil was released by two members of the Tenku clan. One died and the other was banished after the Clan fought to seal the evil back. It seems like this evil still lingers in this world…as if it leaks through a crack in the seal.”
          “A crack in the seal?”
         “An alliance for this evil has been working to unleash the full power…and all of it seems to be directed toward this prophecy and also to the Tenku Clan. Ryo, this prophecy needs to be solved. I have a feeling that Touma along with his sister have a strong influence over this battle.”
           He looked at the girl, noticing the two sais that were in her hands. He smiled. “So you know martial arts.”
Willow blinked, looking down at her weapons. “A little I suppose. My mother taught me. She thought it would relieve stress and anxiety.”
            ; “I see,” Ryo whispered, looking around the small but spacious room. He smiled, spotting the katana resting on a stand. His eyes meet the blue haired girl's for a moment, smiling. “Care if I join you? I have some stress to take care of as well.”
           She looked at the sword also, shrugging. She lifted the sais, keeping her focus on her new target. She could tell from his stance and the way he held the sword that he was going to be a challenge. But there was one thing she did have-Rowen's memories. She knew every strength and weakness and he knew none of hers. She smirked, looking deep into the warrior's eyes. “Are you sure you want to spar with Rowen's sister? What if you hurt me?”
            ;     Ryo smiled. “Don't worry; I won't hit you that hard.”
            ;     “But what makes you think I will go easy on you?”
            ;     He smiled, taking the first move with speed that took Willow off guard for a moment. She stumbled to the side, the katana light grazing her on the sleeve. She looked down alarmed, before looking back up at the ebony haired warrior. “This is my favorite t-shirt.”
            ;     He shrugged. “I said I wouldn't hit hard, not `I'm going to go easy on you'.”
            ;     She sighed, raising her weapons again. He took the first move again. Analyzing his every step toward her, she blocked the move with some effort. She wasn't use to fighting with someone, especially someone that had fought a war with a sword. She kept following his moves, blocking each pass, searching for an opportunity to strike. The opportunity came.
            ;     Before Ryo knew it, her sai quickly moved between his katana blade before yanking the weapon out of his hands. He was thrown to the ground, a sai pressed to his throat. He smiled, looking up to meet dark blue eyes above him. “That was pretty good. Next time I'll be more cautious.”
            ;     Willow grinned back, stepping away from the warrior of fire before assisting him on getting up. “Never underestimate a woman. That's what my mother always told me.”
            ;     “I should have learned that from Nasuti all these years. She sure can pack a punch,” Ryo muttered, taking her assistance gratefully. “I always seem to forget though.”
           “Well, I guess you have to see my face from here on out so you'll be forced to remember,” Willow replied.
           “Yeah…I guess so,” Ryo muttered. Looking at the blue haired girl only reminded him of his conversation earlier with Nasuti. It disturbed him that his best friend and his sister could easily be in danger against an evil they had yet to see. What kind of evil would be after these two siblings?
“Willow, do you know anything about the evil that surrounds the Tenku clan?”
            Willow halted in mid-step, turning to face the Rekka warrior who remained holding her wrist. “Whatever do you mean Ryo?”
            ;  He frowned. “A close friend of mine that has been researching the samurai armor called me a couple of hours ago. She said that she found some research about the Tenku clan and how once an evil was released by two members of the family. The clan successfully sealed the evil however there was still a crack in the seal. She pointed out that a group was formed to release this evil again and for some reason they are after members of the family.”
            ; “I know nothing,” Willow said abruptly, turning to walk out of the room. She was in the garden when she felt someone grabbed her from behind. She shrieked, pulling her elbow to hit the perpetrator in the stomach. She pushed away from the grasp, glaring at the persuader. “What do you want?”
           “I just want answers. I am only concerned for you and Touma's safety.”
            ; Willow faked a laugh, glaring at the young man. “Are you serious? Don't you even get it? As long as the two of us are alive, they will hunt us down. They want Touma and me to complete the ritual!”
            ;  Ryo blinked. “Ritual?”
            ; `Damn-too much information Willow!' she thought out loud, stepping away from Ryo. “Look, I don't know much….I only know about the prophecy. It's been passed down in my family for generations…since the seal was broken. Now please, leave me alone!”
            ;   He automatically released her, watching her sprint away from the gardens and back into the house.  He looked down at the rock path, startled by the turn of events. “They want Touma and Willow for a ritual?”
~*~
            ;     Yumi sighed, tapping her foot impatiently on the cream colored carpet. She stared at the white wall across her, trying to distract herself from her aggravation. She hated waiting for anything. She had no patience to wait for anyone or anything. She had already memorized every detail in the small living room that she sat in now. She had had the time over the many years that she had been working for her master. She had already read all the magazines in the room and she had no desire to reread anything in them. The small television frightened her. She was unfamiliar with the moving picture boxes so she avoided turning it on at all cost.
            ;     "Yumi, you came back."
            ;     She frowned, turning her head to look to her left. Yumi was hoping she wouldn't have to bump into it so soon after her arrival. "Of course I came back Aeron. I was only on a mission for my lord."
            ;     The figure chuckled. "Oh, I see. I had hoped Amatsu would have gotten rid of you by now. You are no use to him but I guess I can see as to why he can keep you around. You're a wonderful errand girl."
            ;     Yumi glared. "Is that so Aeron? It's a shame that I was sent after something his Majesty is critically in search of instead of you. After all, I am just the "errand girl,"" Yumi stated, smiling at the reaction on their faces. "Oh my, you didn't know about it?"
            ;     "Know about what Yumi, don't play tricks on us. After all, we are on the same team. There should be no secrets between us, right?"
            ;     Yumi smiled. "As much as I would love to tell, I believe that is the place of my master to tell. I surely would not want to betray my lord's trust."
            ;     Aeron opened its mouth but quickly shut it, looking over at the doorway. A man with dark hair and green eyes appeared, leaning against the doorframe. "Welcome back Yumi. It appears that Genichiro has been expecting your arrival."
            ;     Yumi stood up. "Thank you Doyle," she said, looking over at the dark corner. "As much as I appreciate our conversation, I better go see his majesty.
            ;     "Yes, we can't leave his majesty waiting," Aeron stated, waving their hand in dismissal. "It may cause the poor errand girl to lose her job.”
            ;     Ignoring the creature, Yumi quickly left the room, walking behind Doyle in silence. She was lead into a larger room with a small lab table and many screens displaying various data. A man sat in a leather chair, typing away.
            ;     “Mr. Hashiba, Yumi just arrived,” Doyle announced, before stepping out of the room, leaving Yumi there.
            ;     “What news do you bring me, Yumi?”
            ;     Yumi stepped forward, bowing lowly. “As you already know I have found the two twins. Within the past few weeks, they have begun to grow stronger and stronger, and they have yet used any power.”
            ;     “I see….I thought I felt some strong power forming,” the man said, turning to look at the young woman. A man with blue-silver hair smiled coldly, his black eyes enhancing the stare. “Wait a little longer Yumi. I want to see their powers completely awaken before they return to me again.”
            ;     Yumi nodded, hiding her disappointment. She was more than ready to take things into her own hands. She was tired of waiting for the “opportunity moment” as her master kept saying. “As you wish my lord.”
~*~
            ;     Four pairs of eyes looked up to meet Ryo. Shin frowned, noticing the look on the leader's face. “What happened?”
            ;     “Um…nothing Shin. It's nothing,” Ryo muttered, moving to sit by Shu.
            ;     “Nothing, eh? It doesn't look like it's nothing,” Shu replied, raising an eyebrow. “What's going on Ryo, my man?”
            ;     Ryo glimpsed over at Touma, remembering the conversation he had just had with Willow moments ago. `Don't you even get it. As long as the two of us are alive, they will hunt us down. They want Touma and me to complete the ritual!'He shivered at the thought of his close friend sacrificed. “I'll tell you later,” he replied.
            ;     Shin's frowned deepened. Ryo was one person that didn't hide things unless it was something even he couldn't handle. His friend was always open with him. `What could be bothering him?'
            ;     Mizuki silently moved into the room, her smiling radiating. “Touma-san, you have two visitors here to see you and your friends, a lady and a man.”
            ;     Touma smiled, jumping up from his seat and ran into the foyer. Nasuti stood next to Anubis, talking excitedly about the old artifacts around the small room.
            ;     “Suti!” Touma ran up to her, happy to see the woman that he considered to be his older sister. Before he could embrace her though however, he felt a slight sting on his cheek, leaving him completely shocked. He looked back at Nasuti, flabbergasted.
            ;     “That's for leaving everyone in the dark when you ran off. How could you do that Touma? I thought we meant more than that to you,” Nasuti lectured, before grabbing the boy to her. “You scared us all so much. I'm so glad you're alright.”                
Touma hugged her back, feeling a tinge of guilty for making her feel scared. “I'm sorry Suti…I won't do it again. Next time you will know what's going on. Okay?”
“Speaking about what's going on, I have some information I think everyone needs to know,” Nasuti stated abruptly. “It seems like we have something pretty big on our hands.”
“What is it? Has the Nether Realm reopened,” Shu asked, grinning. “I would love to kick some more tin cans butts!”
Anubis shook his head, smirking at the warrior of Kongo's statement. “Not this time my friend. I believe there is something far worse than that.”
Shin raised an eyebrow. “What can be worse than the Nether Realm?”
“Well, let's just say that the essence of evil has come back…and is growing in power every minute because of the hatred in people's hearts,” Nasuti replied.
Touma sighed. “Does this have to do with me?”
Anubis nodded. “So you already know about this Tenku?”
The archer frowned. “Not exactly everything, but maybe if we talk about it…we'll figure it out together.”
Anubis smiled, patting the archer on the shoulder. “Tenku was always so sensible.”
Touma smiled, leading the group into the living room. Since Ryo's return, he had felt shots of pain running through his body as if he was being electrocuted again and again. “Going on ahead and make yourself at home. I'm going to make some tea and check up on something and I'll be back.” He left the room hearing mutterings of light conversation between his friends.
Seiji looked up at his best friend. He had sense a change in Touma. He was hiding something again. Watching the archer leave, he waited a couple of minutes before getting up himself, making the excuse that he had to use the restroom.
~*~
Willow stumbled into her room, agonizingly walking to her bed before collapsing on the soft mattress. She bit her lip to keep the cry of pain escaping her lips. She had seen the strange car in the driveway, taking note to avoid the reunion. She knew it was for her brother Rowen. She wouldn't want to intrude on them. Not only that but she didn't want her brother to find her this way.
She painfully removed her t-shirt, looking over her shoulder at the full length mirror and the scars that reflected back at her. She frowned. “I overdid it.”
“Willow, I thought you would have learned not to do that after four years.”
Willow smiled shyly. She grabbed for her shirt, trying to cover the sports bra. “Mizuki! Shouldn't you knock before entering?”
Mizuki rolled her eyes. “Will, I have the same stuff as you so you need not worry about me seeing anything I haven't seen before. Besides, you left your door open,” the older woman stated, brushing her hand over the scars with a frown. “Yep…you sure overdid it this time. What were you doing?”
“Um…I was just practicing my sais.”
“I see,” Mizuki said, opening the cabinet next to the bed, taking out a small glass bottle and wash cloth. She poured out the liquid into the cloth, slowly rubbing it on the girl's back. She chuckled at the hiss that escaped the other's mouth once the liquid seeped into the scared sores. “I thought after a couple of trials of this treatment, you would have stopped pushing yourself beyond your limits.”
“Well, I was actually dueling with one of Rowen's friends,” Willow confessed.
“I thought so. He came in looking kind of perplexed. Did something happen that I should be aware of?”
Willow sighed. She couldn't hide anything from Mizuki. The older woman had helped raise her since she was five. She was her best friend and most trusted confident. Not only that, but Mizuki knew the Tenku clan and its secrets. “I told him something about the prophecy.”
Mizuki paused, moving to be in front of the blue haired girl. “What did you tell him?”
“The part that plagues my dreams Mizuki, where Rowen and I are sacrificed. I dreamed of it again last night…and this time I saw more of his plan,” Willow answered, moving away from Mizuki, grabbing a small book from under the mattress, handing it to her.
Mizuki opened it cautiously to the last entry, written neatly on the yellowish paper. She scanned the page, her forehead creasing. She closed the book with a sigh. She kneeled next to the distraught Willow, putting her hands in her own. She pulled the blue bangs away from her face, resting her grey eyes on the midnight blue. “I want you to not worry about this right now. Katsuo and myself are doing everything in our power to make sure nothing happens. Not only that but we also have the Samurai Troopers here as well. It may not seem like much, however they are the best we have right now. What you told Rekka no Ryo is something he should know if he is going to help us. As a matter of fact, they all need to learn the whole story.”
Willow looked down at the cream colored carpet. “I'm just scared Mizuki.”
Mizuki stood up, embracing the girl. Her heart tore, hearing the soft sobs. “Shhhhh…my little star. Everything is going to be alright. I promise.”
The two held each other for awhile, unaware that Touma stood outside of the door, observing everything.
~*~
Touma entered the living room, carrying a try with seven cups. He sat it down, handing everyone a cup. “And don't worry, it's not poisonous. Katsuo watched me make it.”
Ryo smirked. “Good.”
Nasuti sighed, opening her laptop and the file the elder Hashiba had sent to her before his sudden death. “I received this CD in the mail a couple days after you disappeared, Touma. It was from your grandfather. He knew something was going to happen to him so he sent this to me in hopes that this would assist us in helping you and your sister.”
Touma looked down at his cup. Just thinking of his grandfather upset him. How many more people were going to get killed for this cause? “I didn't know anything about that CD…however I believe I know a little bit of what is on it. My grandfather use to tell me about the Tenku clan's past. Since I have come back here, it seems like so many pieces of the puzzle are fitting together.”
“Do you know anything about what is after your family,” Anubis asked.
Touma nodded. “The demon's name is Amatsu Mikaboshi, the essence of evil itself. One time, two members of the Tenku Clan unleashed him. In the process, one of them died before they could seal him. The rest of the clan had to come in, sealing him the best they could. Only a crack remained when they were finished. They banished the last living Tenku that had unleashed him. The only thing left about those two that released Amatsu was that they were both twins.”
Shu raised an eyebrow. “Why is that important?”
“My family was granted power by the heavens to protect it from any evil. Twins in the Tenku Clan have always been a big thing in my family. It is said that when twins are born, the children gain the power of the past clan members. If it is used improperly, they could easily destroy the world.”
“So are you saying that only twins could completely unleash this evil from the world?”
Touma didn't reply, only remaining silent. A chill seem to run through everyone. So they now knew their enemy and his purpose on hunting Touma and his sister.
“How does the prophecy work into this Touma,” Ryo asked, speaking up for the first time.
“The prophecy is the only document we have that told my clan that Amatsu would return. We were hoping it was just words all these years, but I believe that hope is slowly dying away. Each day I feel him growing stronger and stronger,” Touma answered.
“So can you break it down for us Touma? Obviously each stanza means something else, right?”
Touma sat on the floor next to Nasuti, reading the words on the computer screen. “When the mirrored azure stars are reunited, the August Star will be restored by split blood and bonded essence, darkness shall come to power once more. The two mirrored azure stars represents twins of the Tenku Clan, which can easily point to Willow and myself since we have returned to Kyoto together. The August Star is another name for Amatsu Mikaboshi showing that he has returned. And he will be restored by spilt blood and bonded essence talks about the ritual that takes place by the twins to restore him.”
“What about the second and third stanza,” Seiji said, looking over Nasuti's shoulder.
“We assume that the second stanza is about what will happen once he regains his full powers. Brilliant Male is another reference to Amatsu,” Touma replied.
Shu growled. “This is a bunch of crap! How many names does this guy need?”
Shin chuckled. “What about the third one…it seems to leave off where the second one left out however it shows a different side…a hope.”
“Yeah…we haven't figured that one out yet. It is filled with so much symbolism, we can't decipher it.”
“Heaven's alter,” Seiji repeated. “Are they talking about a building?”     
“We don't know. Decades ago, some of Amatsu's followers destroyed all of Tenku's sacred buildings. I guess some reassurance for his sake,” Touma stated.
“So…Amatsu is afraid of this stanza,” Ryo remarked, reading the line to himself. “Yet in the hollow rock of crystal, in the moonlit pool, heaven's alter shall rise to balance the evil and restore the splendor of the stars, the hope of the universe regained. The sky's chantry shall be the light of the world.”
Shin smiled. “So that's what we need to work on. We need to decipher this last stanza!”
“It can't be that easy,” Seiji muttered. “I have a feeling the Tenku Clan has been working on this for generations and have yet found the answers to it. They have probably had the best scholars look at this document…and no answers have been found.”
Shu rolled his eyes. “And you know what; maybe they need someone outside of the family to look at it.”
Shin nodded. “Or maybe time will tell…surely this heaven's alter will show itself within time.”
“Time,” Touma whispered, thinking out loud. “I sure hope it shows itself fast.”
~*~
Evening made its way on the small Kyoto home, the members in the household more on the edge with the new information learned earlier in the day. They had all spread out in various places. Nasuti assisted Mizuki and Katsuo with cleaning up after dinner; Shu went to the small training building with Ryo, preparing for the battle ahead. Shin walked around in the gardens with Willow. Touma sat under the evening sky, waiting for the stars to reveal themselves. Seiji and Anubis sat on the porch; both contemplating what was to come next.
“It all seems so bizarre,” Seiji commented, leaning back in his seat. “Just a couple of weeks ago we had finally completed high school and were planning to go our separate ways. Now we're being called again to fight something unknown to us.”
“You weren't ordered to fight Seiji. This is an individual choice that you made. Touma and Willow didn't force you to fight for them...”
Seiji sighed. “It's not much of a choice for me Anubis...I would fight to protect him from anything.”
Anubis smiled. “Why won't you tell him that you love him then?”
The blonde looked over at the horizon, its light slowly diming. “I just think right now is not the time to say anything about that. We're entering another war. Once I know everything is going to be okay, I'll tell him.”
Anubis chuckled. “Seiji there will never be peace. You were born a Samurai Trooper and you will die being a Samurai Trooper. Your duty is to protect this world from the supernatural...and that is a never ending job. Trust me I know from experience,” he said. “If you're waiting for the opportune moment, it will never happen.”
Seiji frowned. He didn't want to believe what his friend was telling him, however, deep down inside him he knew that Anubis was right. There would never be a time of peace for the five of them. “I will tell him in my own time Anubis.”
Anubis sighed. This topic was always frustrating for him to talk about with the blonde. He just wished his friend would have the nerve to say what was in his heart to the blue haired archer. “Fine. What else is on your mind?”
“This whole situation is bothering me. A prophecy is controlling Touma's future, this twin sister appearing out of nowhere, and how everything has been changing since she came around. How do we know she really is Touma's sister and not one of our enemies trying to tear us apart from the inside out?”
“For most of all your lives, your futures have been controlled by a prophecy Seiji, don't forget that. There was a prophecy saying that five armor bearers would come and restore peace. Arago knew of it, that's one of the reasons he searched for all of you,” Anubis commented, standing up from his seat and walked over to the railing, leaning against it casually. “Now as for Willow, I would say Touma knows what he is talking about when he says that she is his twin. Twins usually have a strong bond, especially when magic is thrown in and this clan is filled with magic yet to be seen by anyone's eyes. And according to the prophecy it seems like everything was to start once the two of them were reunited. This isn't all her fault, Seiji.”
Seiji frowned. He felt the older man's gaze on him, making him feel uneasy. Anubis could read him easily.
Anubis walked over to the blonde, patting him on the shoulder. “Don't let your resentment for Willow consume you my friend...it will only destroy everything you have built for yourself. Your anger will only lure your enemies closer to you and they will use it to their advantage without you even realizing it.”
“I have no resentment towards her,” Seiji remarked bitterly, getting up. He looked across the yard, noticing Willow and Shin returning from their walk. “I'm going to go read.”
Before Anubis could say anything else the blonde left. The older man sighed, looking over at the two walking close together. For a second, he caught a glimpse of the girl's midnight blue eyes. He gasped, catching a glimpse of something in the gaze. He fell into the chair, dizzy from the odd experience. Regaining his regular breathing, he brushed his hair from his face. “What the hell was that?”
 
~*~
On top of the roof, Touma also noticed Willow and Shin's return. Images of Willow's torn back echoed through his mind, making him feel queasy. Since seeing those scars, the question of where they came from was being repeated like a broken record. With much ease, he leapt off of the roof, using Tenku to slowly break his fall.
`That's one good thing about the armor, they made little task like getting on and off the roof a simpler task,' Touma thought amusingly, making his way into the house. He came into the kitchen, smiling to see Katsuo, sipping his tea. “You're finished with the dishes?”
“I didn't have to do anything. The ladies did all the work,” Katsuo replied, pushing a chair towards Touma. “Have a seat Touma-chan. Tell me what's on your mind. You've been concerned about something since before that meeting began.”
He sighed in defeat, sitting in the chair. He could never get passed Katsuo. The old man knew him too well. “It's about Willow...I saw something that has me concerned.”
“Are you talking about the scars?” Katsuo asked, smirking at the shocked reaction. “Oh please my boy, I already knew about them. You're grandfather was informed of everything that happened in both of your lives.”
“What do you know about them?”
Katsuo sipped his tea, thinking. “It happened about four years ago. Willow was pushed out of a window in her high school. She almost didn't live but from what Mizuki told me, the spirit of Tenku revived her. The scars are from the broken glass...but there are more scars than that my son. She has some that go far deeper than that.”
Touma frowned. “She was pushed out of a window?”
Katsuo nodded. “It still pains her...I guess the fall damaged some nerves, but I don't know the specifics of that.”
“I see,” Touma muttered, looking down at the table. He sat in silence for a short while before he left the table. He walked down the hall, until he stood at Willow's door. It tore his heart to hear her crying. He opened the door slowly, peering in.
Willow slept, whimpering in her sleep. Touma watched, each cry tearing him apart. He walked quietly in, slipping out of his blue jeans to be left in his shorts and t-shirt. He moved the blankets, curling up next to Willow, holding her close to him. She stilled, resting her head on her brother's chest. “Rowen,” she muttered in her sleep.
Touma smiled at the mention of his childhood name. “Yeah...Rowen is here Will. No more pain...I promise,” he whispered before falling asleep as well. As the two twins were lulled into sleep, they never noticed violet eyes, peering at them, filled with ache and envy.
~*~
Willow yawned, stretching as she walked through the house. For once she slept well. She had to thank her brother later for sleeping with her and keeping the nightmares at bay. She smiled, seeing Shin in the living room, reading. He closed the book, looking up at the girl. He blinked, surprised. “You changed your hair again.”
She grinned, twirling her newly dyed hair. “Yeah…I missed my brunette locks. I thought I would try again…but if it just decides to turn blue again, I'm quitting.”
Shin chuckled. “You're not as persistent as older woman.”
“Of course not! If I have to fight with it now, then that means I'll be stuck fighting it for the rest of my life,” Willow stated. She sat down next to the auburn haired man, playing with the hem of her shirt.
Shin watched her, mesmerized by the girl. Even in her pajamas, Willow still looked as gorgeous as ever. He couldn't even believe the thoughts that ran through his head when he looked at her. `This is ridiculous Shin. This is your best friend's sister!'He jumped, startled by ta high pitched sound. “Oh! That's my tea.”
Willow watched him leave, sighing in disappointment. Out of all of Touma's friends, she liked Shin the most. He seemed to actually care to know her instead of treating her like she was something that was a mystery. Or even worse, some object that had to be protected. She could take care of herself; she had to do it countless of times before. She looked at the book Shin had left, peering at the book. It was a worn down leather bounded book. She grabbed it from the other side of the page, opening the old book. She was surprised to find it handwritten in a neat penmanship. “Mamoru Hashiba…Grandfather?”
She looked around before carefully reading the delicate script. She flipped to the last page, smiling sadly at the date. It was set nearly a week and a half ago. It was his last entry. She read the words carefully out loud. “My dreams have been haunted about past events that happened nearly a century ago. I feel that time is beginning to run short. My heart is beating rapidly…they are coming. I have already seen the signs. A mysterious stray cat has roamed the estate, as if looking for something. The nights seem darker than usual…and I feel my thoughts are being invaded into. Their searching…searching for the twins, but I won't let them have them…not as long as I live.”
Reflecting on the words, she closed the book forlornly. `You died because of us, didn't you Grandfather? I wish I could have seen you one last time.' She looked around the living room, trying to imagine what her grandfather was like. Scanning the room, the small bookshelf near the window caught her eye. Getting up from her seat, she walked over to it, grabbing a small item from the wooden shelf. The light from the window reflected of it, displaying the old picture in the glass vividly. In the light, Willow could see the cracks in the photo, probably from being in a wallet for so long. The colors were fading slightly but the people in the picture captured all her attention. She could tell that the picture was taken outside of the Hashiba estate in the fall. Katsuo and Mizuki stood next to each other to the far left of the picture, looking a lot younger than they did now. In the center was Mamarou, her grandfather, standing proudly, looking down at the three on the ground. Willow's mother was on the ground, smiling up at the camera, holding two identical twins that were hugging each other with blue hair and blue eyes. Tears formed in her eyes, tracing the two siblings with her finger. It was before she and Touma (or Rowen back then) were separated. “…When everything was peaceful,” she thought out loud, a tear splattering onto the glass. “I promise Grandfather that I will find that peace again.”
“Willow?”
Willow gasped, dropping the picture to the ground, glass shattering near her. She turned around, sighing in relief to see that it was only Seiji, standing in the dark doorway. `Wait, why is he here?' “Seiji, what are you doing here?”
"You've been crying" Seiji said, ignoring the question.
"You startled me," Willow said as she hurriedly wiped away the rest of the tears. She kneeled on the ground, trying to gather the bigger pieces of glass. “Have you seen Rowen this morning? I wanted to talk to him about something.”
“Why do you need to speak to him?”
“Damn,” Willow exclaimed. She looked at her finger where she had cut it on the broken glass. She looked up at Seiji. “Do you think you can get a Band-Aid for me? I don't want to get blood on the floor.”
Seiji kneeled next to Willow, looking into her eyes. Willow stiffened. The violet eyes that she had seen often the past couple of days and also in Rowen's memories were now a cold grey. “Seiji, are you okay?”
"Do you think letting Touma see you like that is going to inspire his sympathy? Do you really think your tears will make him care about you? Well you're wrong. All he'll do is pity you, and only the lowest of the low deserve pity," Seiji whispered coldly, spite filling his voice. Willow only stared back at him stunned.
"I could tell from the second you arrived that you were nothing but trouble for me and for Touma…for all of us.”
"I don't know what you're talking about...." Willow began surprised, yet defensively.
"You're a liar," Seiji whispered angrily "Don't you dare think I don't see it." Willow's eyes widened in fear and surprise.
"What's more, you probably deserved it," he continued, pausing slightly as though a new thought entered his head "…no, you probably did it to yourself, to make everyone pity you. You can fool everyone else with your little tricks, even Touma, but I know what you really are."
He gently cupped her cheek in his hand ""You are a lying little witch who needs sympathy and pity to get anyone to care about or even notice her. You may be Touma's sister, even that could be a lie, but that means nothing to me."
He slowly ran his thumb over her lips "Such lies spewing from these lips. I no longer believe anything you say. Here come the tears....you really are pathetic. I suggest you pack your bags and go back to America as soon as possible to avoid further humiliating yourself. If you don't and you bring further trouble to either me or Touma, I will make your life here a living hell. Even that is better than you deserve,” he threatened, getting up and dusting his clothes off. He smiled coldly at the girl.  “Now stop crying. You're embarrassing yourself."
He walked away, a satisfied smirk on his face as he heard Willow begin to sob before he heard the door close. He watched from the study window, the brunette girl run swiftly away into the gardens. He allowed the smirk to grow into a smile because he knew that nobody would believe her. Who would ever believe that Seiji, the bearer light could do something so dark?
~*~
            ;     The day was close to over before Touma's concern overruled his reasoning mind, deciding to search for his twin. She had been gone since he woke up. He knew that she had been up before him after talking to Shin. Finally Katsuo told him that Mizuki had left earlier that morning to go shopping, giving the archer reassurance that his sister went with her caretaker to get away from the house.
            ;     “Unlike you Touma, Willow isn't so use to living with so many people,” The older man stated.
            ;     Mizuki had arrived late in the afternoon. No Willow. Mizuki frowned shaking her head no. “I haven't seen Willow all day…maybe she went on a jog. She does that sometimes.”
            ;     So he waited until the evening before his anxiousness overwhelmed him. He took Byakuen with him, hoping the white tiger could give him some help. He sighed, brushing his blue bangs from his face. He dialed her cell phone number again, listening to the dial tone and voicemail for the third time. “Byakuen, I can't believe she didn't bring her cell phone with her. Doesn't she remember that we're being hunted?”
            ;     Byakuen remained silent, walking next to the archer. Touma sighed, patting the large cat's head. “I don't know what to think. Maybe she's back by now and waiting for me to come home. What do you think?”
            ;     Byakuen's ears perked up, suddenly prancing away from the blue haired man. Touma blinked, he was beyond thinking now. “You dumb cat! Come back! I can't lose both you and my sister!” He ran after the tiger, trees brushing against his face and clothing. He heard screams and shouts of profanity before he caught up to the white tiger.
            ;     “Get off me you over-grown cat! I'm not food!”
            ;     Touma chuckled. “Byakuen that's enough, you can get off Willow now.”
            ;     Byakuen licked the girl's face one more time before walking away and lying down in the grass a couple feet away from the two. Willow growled, muttering a few choice words under hear breath before she looked up at her brother. “You brought an over-grown cat to find me? You could have called me on my cell phone Rowen.”
            ;     Touma shrugged, sitting next to his sister. “I tried the cell phone thing. You never answered it so I had to do the next best thing. And by the way, Byakuen is a tiger…not an over grown cat. Ryo will kill you if you say that in front of him.”
            ;     “So it's his tiger. How did he get it? Surely you can't get a pet tiger so easily in Japan.”
            ;     “Well, let's just say that Byakuen has something to do with the armors and that he choose Ryo to be his keeper.”
            ;     Willow frowned. “Great…more armor stuff…there's a lot of that between you five.”
            ;     “It's part of our past Willow, it is what brought the five of us together. We can't deny our past,” Touma replied. “So what are you doing out here?”
            ;     “I couldn't handle being in a house with so many people so I got out for a bit.”
            ;     “Liar.”
            ;     Willow frowned. She hated that her brother could read her so well. “Fine, I got upset okay? This whole mess about the prophecy and grandfather's death has me scared. These kinds of things just don't happen to people everyday…”
            ;     Touma chuckled. “In my life they do.”
            ;     Willow rolled her eyes. “Come on Rowen, I'm not in a joking mood right now,” she warned. She went quiet for a moment before looking at her brother. “Rowen, are you only being nice to me because you pity me?”
            ;     Touma blinked. “No, of course not! What would give you that idea?”
            ;     “Seiji,” She whispered. “Seiji told me that you only care about me because you pity me. He said a lot of things that upset me.”
            ;     Touma frowned, looking up at the sky. It was now dark and the stars were beginning to shine. “Don't listen to Seiji right now, okay? He probably didn't mean to hurt you…he just has trouble adjusting to new people. What he said to you might have hurt…but he was more than likely trying to say something else to you. Just let it go… and if he keeps saying cruel things, then tell me, okay?”
            ;     Willow wanted laugh at that. Her brother didn't even believe that Seiji could be cruel. She bit her lip, deciding to let the topic go for the moment. `I guess you were right Blondie…no one would believe me. Not even Rowen believes me. I wonder what he sees in you…all I see is a cold heart!'
            ;     They laid there silent as the sky grew darker and darker. There was no moon and the stars shone brightly in the darkness. Willow raised her hand, tracing the stars with her finger. Touma watched, smiling.
            ;     “Do you know the constellations Rowen?”
            ;     Touma grinned. “Of course! I've studied the stars since I was a kid.”
            ;     Willow smiled. “Same here…what's your favorite?”
            ;     “Orion,” Touma answered. “What's yours?”
Willow pointed up at the stars, smiling. "I tend to like them all….look Rowen, there's Aquarius and over there is Ursa Minor and...." Willow trailed off before becoming totally silent.
"Willow are you okay?" Touma said concerned. He turned around to check on Willow. His eyes panned the sky briefly before he paused, his gaze fixated on a single point in the sky.
"Rowen," Willow spoke, her voice soft with a distant airy quality to it. "We have to go now."
"Yes Willow," Touma responded, his voice equally distant and airy. "It is time." He slowly stood up and helped Willow up from her sitting position.
"I can hear him…he's calling us," Willow spoke into the night. "He needs us."
Touma took Willow's hand in his own. "Come Willow. We will give him what he needs." They began to walk in the direction of the star whose voice filled their minds, holding hands, their collective power growing with each step.
Byakuen's ears perked up, getting up from his spot in the grass. He sniffed the air, trying to keep their scent in his memory. From the trail of their scent, he could track wherever they were going. But first he had to warn Ryo.
~*~
So this chapter is finally done. I apologize for the long delay and the fact that it is like…20 pages long. We just had to fit a lot of stuff in the chapter before we could just continue on to the next. Again, on behalf of Hellfire and myself, I would like to thank all our supporting readers that review. You guys are wonderful and help keep this story going. Please continue what you do…you guys always brighten my day with reviews…and I believe Hellfire would agree with me on that one.
Also…I would like to take some time to clear some misunderstandings…just in case. Willow tends to call Touma, Rowen, because that is the name she knows him by. So any time Willow is talking or thinking about Touma, she calls him Rowen. Everyone else and in my narrations, he is called Touma.
So onto the questions…my favorite part of this whole note! Where are Willow and Touma going? Who is after Willow and Touma? What do they want from these twins? Where is their mother? Does she even notice that Willow is missing yet? What is up with Seiji?