Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath ❯ Pre-Emptive Strike ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Several weeks had passed since Ryo had begun his official training with the girls. He slowly felt his strength increasing. The Draconai would be no match for him, or for his allies. Soon Amaterasu would send him back to Earth and he would be able to stop Navcase. With him as one of Ceiphied's most loyal minions, the Ronins were at a severe disadvantage. His incredible sword skill put them at an incredible disadvantage. As the leader and strongest, he would have no choice but to defeat Navcase. But could he do it?

Ryo stepped into the training area, expecting to find Sakura waiting for him. But she was nowhere to be found. Instead, a large, muscular gentleman in white, with black hair was standing there instead. Over one of his shoulders was a jug of sake. His shoulders were draped in a gigantic mantle that went down his back, making him all the more imposing.

"I take it you are Amaterasu's stupid pupil." The gentleman said.
"I guess so." Ryo replied.
"Do you have any idea who I am?" the man asked.
"Not exactly."
"As you know, the warrior known as Navcase is the 5th Successor of the Hiten Mitsurugi Style. I know from personal experience, that this style is devastating to anyone foolish enough to underestimate a master of the style. Amaterasu has summoned me here to educate you on what you'll be up against, though I doubt you'll be able to withstand the attacks. The education begins now."

The gentleman removed his mantle, revealing his numerous muscles. He drew his sword from his wooden sheath and went into a stance.

"I will begin with the technique that is my favorite and that I am best at." He replied.

Gripping his sword and flying at Ryo in a blur of nine kanji, he called out…

"HITEN MITSURUGI RYU!!!!! KUZU RYU SEN!!!!!"

Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath
Chapter 10: Pre-emptive Strike

"Okay, so far, we're loosing. They've got Navcase, they significantly outnumber us, not to mention without Ryo we can't call White Neo Mega." Rowen recapped.
"Plus, our only major advantages are my mega power…which is dangerous, and the Forgotten Souls." Anubis added.
"Yes. But we've got to do something to try and stop them. We should attempt a Pre-emptive strike on Ceiphied to try and weaken him." Anubis suggested.
"But that's suicide!" Sai protested.
"All of them against the few of us?" Sage wondered. "That's not good."
"We have to try. We don't know when Ryo's coming back." Kento reminded them.
"An attack like this is the only option we have. If we just let his forces increase slowly but surely we're going to be at a real disadvantage. We must try and strike now." Dais said.
"I agree. That, and stop Navcase." Kale added.
"Precisely." Sekhmet said.
"Okay. It's settled. Hariel, you take the Forgotten Souls and hit their base hard with your sure-kills and Dark Inferno. The Ronins and I will go around back and cause a diversion, allowing Anubis and the Warlords to move in and finish them off. Let's go." Rowen said.

The group with much fanfare summoned their almighty armors and flew off towards the military base that Ceiphied had managed to take over. At Rowen's command, the Forgotten Souls peeled off and headed for the front of the base. Those that lacked flight capabilities leapt down from Dark Inferno and prepared for their attacks. Hariel opened fire with machinecannon fire, missiles, and every other weapon his machine had, alerting the Draconai to their presence.

"Master Ceiphied!" Kouen shouted, rushing into Ceiphied's chamber. "We are under attack!"
"Fight back! Navcase, prepare your men for combat." Ceiphied stated.
"As you wish my lord." Navcase said, walking off.

The main doors opened and the Ishibiya Corps charged out, aiming their weapons at Dark Inferno. Before they could fire, they were knocked back by the sure-kills of the Forgotten Souls.

"Ready? CHARGE!" Saber Strike shouted, the numerous immortal ones heading at the Draconai at high speed. They began to strike and parry the blows coming towards them as the Draconai fought back. As one went down, another came at them again. Darts flew, swords clashed against claws, staffs sliced through, and boomerangs knocked down still others. The conflict went on for several minutes, before an explosion rocked the rear of the base!

"They're coming in from behind! ATTACK!!!!" Kouen ordered.

His clan charged at the Ronins who had just blasted their way in using Rowen's gigantic twin barreled master key. Rowen put it away, gripped his staff, and charged at Kouen with incredible speed, but the Draconai Elite blocked with his claws. Kouen called upon his fire breath, torching the heroes extensively.

"We've got to stop them guys! They may be tough, but we're tougher!" Rowen shouted.
"Super WAVE SMASHER!!!!" Sai shouted, nailing Kouen with a water attack that caused him to scream in pain.

"How dare you!" He shouted, summoning a flame tornado that lifted up Sai and slammed him into the ground, knocking him out.

"Sai!" Kento shouted.

He brought out his twin bladed staff and headed for Kouen, but dodged by going airborne and rained a flame blast down on Kento. He held up his shield to try and block, but it began to melt. He fired his dragon fang out, and grabbed Kouen in midair, and sent him into a wall before retracting. Kouen attempted to get up, but the blow was too much for him.

Meanwhile, the Forgotten Souls had managed to do considerable damage and were about to finish them off by smashing their energists, when Koureha stepped forward. He was set to freeze them all, but Vulcan fire came out of nowhere as the Warlords entered the picture.

"Get them!" Koureha shouted, sending hordes of his own clan forward to stop the Warlords' advance. Anubis brought out his scythe. Kale lit his sword. Sekhmet prepared his own blades, and Dais readied his own saber.

Back on the other side, Rakurai had stepped forward, and his clan prepared to fight against the Ronins.

"You are fools! You will never wi…"

Suddenly he was knocked out! A familiar but now evil form stepped forward.

"Pathetic. Let's see how you do against me." Navcase said, bringing out his sword of Ryuujin.

"I've got him!" Kento shouted, charging at high speed.
"Kento Wait!" Rowen called, but it was too late.

Kento swung his blade, but Navcase parried perfectly. He tried to hit him with the other end, but Navcase again parried. He rocketed skyward and crashed down on Kento, taking him down. Sai lunged at him, but he used Ryu Kan Sen to get behind him and whack him in the back of the neck with his sword. Sage readied his own blade, charged, and went airborne, but Navcase went to Gatousu Third Stance and slashed directly upward, nailing him.

"Who's next?" Navcase asked.

Back in the Heavens…

Ryo was getting pummeled. This strange man, Seijuro Hiko, 13th Successor of Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu, had demonstrated technique after technique on Ryo, waiting for him to actually block the attacks. But Ryo was having a very hard time. Hiko's supreme speed was unbelievable. He slowly but painfully began to understand why Navcase was so dangerous in combat. This guy was right. It was the black ship on the shore. Hiko stopped suddenly.

"I have hit you with almost every attack of the style, and yet you have not blocked ONE? My stupid pupil could at least do that." Hiko said, sheathing his sword.
"Can we take a break?" Ryo asked, his armor badly beaten.
"No! For there is one technique left!"

Ryo gasped in surprise and his jaw dropped.

"WHAT? You haven't hit me with all the techniques?"
"I said I hit you with ALMOST every attack of the style. You really need to pay more attention. Especially because at some point in the fight Navcase is bound to use it."
"Will this one hurt too?" Ryo asked.
"Yes. Very much." Hiko said, smiling evilly.

Hiko took a stance with his sword sheathed.

"Now. Use the Kuzu Ryu Sen against me."

Ryo charged screaming at the top of his lungs, exactly as Hiko had demonstrated. However, he was not prepared for what happened next. Hiko drew his sword at an astounding rate, causing a vacuum that drew him in for a second strike that launched him skyward and caused him to crash painfully into the ground.

"That is the Amakakeru Ryuu no Hirameki, the ultimate technique in the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu style. Be fortunate that I have elected to demonstrate this to you. I am a very busy man."
"Um, is there any way to defend against this?"
"No! It is the ultimate technique of the style!" Hiko declared. "My advice is that you beat Navcase before he attempts it, but the way you fight, that's not happening. I had to fight to stay awake, for your Kenki is so miniscule compared to mine." Hiko said.

His words struck a chord with Ryo. He had managed to win even Sakura's respect, even after she creamed him continuously. He would not let this sake-drinking, rude, obnoxious mantled moron insult him. His anger flared.

"WEAK!!!!!!? I'LL SHOW YOU WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!" Ryo shouted at the top of his lungs. His aura flared up so that it was actually visible and he glowed with power. Hiko was shocked at this display.

"Perhaps…with me being the 13th successor and my pupil too stupid to devise anything worthwhile, I can develop some sort of counter to the ougi that Navcase would not expect…but there is someone else who wishes to teach you now." Hiko said, heading off elsewhere in the palace as Amaterasu stepped up.

"Hello Ryo. Your next opponent is…me!" Amaterasu shouted, charging at Ryo with her own blade. He was barely able to block her advances. Age was on her side. Ryo tried to parry every blow, barely connecting in time. Amaterasu was quite powerful, more so than he anticipated. He could see the similarities in technique between the girls and her, so it was now obvious who taught them to fight. But Ryo was screwed if he was unable to fend her off. He suddenly blacked out as he felt his aura rise to an outstanding level and a flash of fire flew from him.

"At last…" Amaterasu said as she was nailed by the blast.

Meanwhile…

Anubis and the others rushed towards the Ronins, who were slowly but surely having their asses kicked by Navcase. His combined assault with Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu and the secret Gatousu technique was no match for the heroes. He cut them all down with his emerald blasts, just as Anubis arrived on the scene.

"There is only one choice. ARMOR OF THE DEATHSCYTHE HELL!!!!!" Anubis shouted.

In a matter of minutes, his extremely evil armor had been called and he charged at Navcase, managing to parry his Draconai strength. He punched him in the face, knocking him back.

"YOU ARE WEAK!!!" the demon said.
"I must fight…back…" Anubis said, trying to fend off Navcase long enough for the others to get away.

Rowen carefully took aim at Navcase. If he succeeded, Navcase would be down and out. However, if he missed, they would loose Anubis. Dais pushed the gun down.

"I'll take him."

Opening up his Megasonic Cannon, he charged, and fired, with Navcase's AT Field barely blocking the blow, sending him flying. Navcase was furious. He and the Elite relentlessly pummeled the heroes, weakening them with every blow. Damage was done to their armors. Anubis watched in horror; and then his anger flared, transforming him into the monster. Fighting to stay in control, he twirled his staff above his head, and jammed it into the ground, sending an eruption up from the ground that knocked the evil ones back, immolating them as well. Anubis then vanished once again. The others managed to escape after Anubis' attack and also retreated. A very unhappy and furious Ceiphied greeted the fallen Draconai.

"This is horrible. They're too strong!" Kento said.
"Enough is enough. We must try to contact Ryo." Anubis said. "I don't know how much longer I can hold out."

Kayura was summoned, and she used her magic to open a window to the Heavens. Ryo soon appeared.

"Hey guys! What's up?" he asked.
"Ryo!" the others exclaimed.
"We need your help, real bad man. Come back!" Rowen begged.
"I'm really sorry guys…but I can't help you there…" Ryo said sadly.
"Why not?" Kento asked. "We're getting creamed here."
"I'm not sure…but all this time with the girls, and being with Sakura…has made me realize how much she needs me." Ryo said.
"Ryo, you said you would return to us as soon as your training was complete." Anubis said.
"I'm sorry guys…but Sakura needs me…I might even marry her."

The group watched as she walked into the room, apparently overhearing Ryo's conversation.

"Ryo…" Sakura said, both happy, but at the same time surprised.

To Be Continued…

Next Episode

SAKURA: It's me. Well, this is something I wasn't expecting. Ryo's either really in love with me or he's completely lost his mind. Maybe Hiko's blows jarred his brain a little. I don't care, Hijikata's still cooler…but anyway, Mom and I have our work cut out for us as we attempt to convince Ryo otherwise in Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath; Ryo's Reckoning. Don't miss it!