Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath ❯ Incredible Annoyance ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Alone in her room, sixteen year old Youtotsuko Ri seemingly awoke in her bedroom. It was still dark within. She looked around. Why had she woken up? She glanced around her room. Her posters of idol singers were still on the wall, undisturbed. Her school uniform was neatly laid out for tomorrow. Her desk was exactly as she had left it last night when she finished her homework. Nothing had been changed.

Then, she saw a bright red light start to materialize. She squinted at its intensity, and barely made out the form of a Chinese hat materializing in the room. She was not entirely sure, but she swore that something came out of that hat. The light faded and standing before her was a young man of about 24. He stood about 5'9", and seemed to be wearing a white tunic with a blue cloak with swirls on it. He wore red beads around his neck and carried a shakujo.

"Hello no da!" the man said.

He spoke in a happy high pitched voice. She instantly found this guy very...weird.

Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath
Chapter 18: Incredible Annoyance

"Um, Hi." she replied.
"Do you know who I am no da?"
"Um, no?" she said, sounding like a Valley Girl.
"I am your ancestor, Ri Houjun. I have to see you to give you some important information no da."
"Um, could you like, come back some other time, I really need to y'know, get my beauty sleep, 'kay?" Youtotsuko replied.
"You are like me no da!" the strange man exclaimed.
"Um, no? Number one, I'm not a monk, I don't have blue hair that defies gravity, and have like a silly look on my face?" she said, referring to the comical look the man had. "I don't dress like a dork and talk with a retarded high pitched voice and say things after every sentence, 'kay? So I'm not "like you no da." she replied.
"You are a Seishi like me no da. Your powers will surface soon and you will help six others banish evil from the world no da." he continued.
"Whatever..." she replied. "Could I like, take a rain check on that? I've got to like, go to school tomorrow, okay? So let me sleep." she replied.
"Very well no da. But you will soon learn that I am right no da." he said, disappearing back into his hat, leaving her alone.

Who was this guy? She did not recall any ancestors...as if she cared about her mom's stupid obsession. Still, she was confused. What had he meant by that she was a Seishi? Her powers would come out soon? This guy was seriously doing something.

The next sound she heard was her alarm clock, jolting her awake. It had been a dream.

She climbed out of bed and stretched out. She grabbed her bathrobe and headed for the shower. She unbuttoned her pajamas and stepped in, letting the water awaken her body and mind and clear it of the strange blue-haired man. Satisfied that she was cleansed, she headed down the hall and back to her room, where she dressed herself and headed over to her dresser, and began putting on all sorts of bracelets and makeup before brushing her hair.

She was taken out of her beautification trance by her mother's voice.

"Youtotsuko, hurry up! Your breakfast is getting cold." her mother called.
"Coming mother..." she said sarcastically.

She headed downstairs to the kitchen, where her parents were eating breakfast. Her father was reading the paper and the top story of the day seemed to be something about something called Deswar Productions being sued by Flower Comics for copyright infringement. She sat down and began nibbling on her toast.

"How did you sleep dear?" her mother asked.
"Horribly...This blue-haired man like invaded my dream and told me all sorts of weird stuff...Mom?"

She heard a stampede as her mother came rushing back into the room with a large dusty old book.

"Oh my God!!!!!" she exclaimed.
"Ooohakaaay." Youtotsuko replied as her mother quickly flipped through the book, stopping at one page. She gasped at the picture. It was the same guy who bugged her last night!
"No way! That's the guy from my dream!" she exclaimed.
"That is Ri Houjun. Long ago, he helped the Seishi of Suzaku in ancient China. In times of great need, the Deities of the world grant people with gifts of power so that they can serve him or her. A girl will also come from a distant land, who will also serve this deity. Did he say anything to you?"
"Not really...As if he made any sense..." she replied.

Suddenly, her cell phone rang. She reached into her bag and pulled it out.

"Hello? Sorry, I'll be right out. Mom's taking me on a trip down Memory Lane...yeah, tell me about it. See ya soon, 'kay? Bye." "I hate to interrupt this moment Mom, but my friends are here and I'll like, be late for school if I don't go with them."
"I really wish you wouldn't hang out with those girls. They're bad news." her mother replied.

Stopping at the door, she turned around to face her mom.

"For your information, the people I choose to hang with is like, my decision, and none of your business, 'kay? Goodbye Mother." she said sternly, heading out the door.
"Oh yes...your cousin Ayako is coming to visit. Can you pick her up at the train station this afternoon?" her mother replied.
"Whatever..." Youtotsuko said flippantly as she slammed the door behind her.
"What did I do wrong..." her mother asked herself. "I should have never gave her permission to go on that trip to America."
"We had no idea this was going to happen. Hopefully seeing her cousin will make her realize how she's changed." her father said.
"I hope you're right."

"Sorry I'm late! My mom was being such a tool..." she said, running up to her two friends.
"See that it doesn't happen again." The older one said.
"It's like, a privilege for you to hang out with Ritsuko and me. You know we can easily find someone to replace you." the other one said.
"I understand." Youtotsuko said.
"Cool. Now, have you seen the new basketball coach? He is like such a babe..." her friend replied.
"Oh yeah, fer sure. But isn't he married?" she asked.
"Who cares. Anyone that gorgeous is up for grabs. Besides, isn't he married to a student?" Ritsuko said.
"Oh yeah...now what about that cute guy with the headband, do you think he's cute Yoko?" the other girl, Megumi said.
"He's got a crush on that kareoke nerd." Ritsuko replied.
"C'mon Ritsuko, why do you always have to spoil my dreams?" Megumi protested.

Ritsuko reached into her bag, put a cigarette in her mouth and lit it. Taking a drag from it and exhaling the smoke, she replied, "because only one of your dreams actually came true."
"Right..." Megumi said.

Meanwhile, a portal opened and Navcase, Ayame, and Ran landed.

"Are you sure this is the place?" Ran asked.
"Positive. This is where Kinjiro picked up a strong signal. If there's a Seishi here, they're around here somewhere."

Navcase stood there, looking gorgeous as usual with his hair blowing in the wind and his cape billowing out behind him. He tensed as he felt a presence. Ayame noticed his reaction.

"What is it Navcase?" she asked.
"I felt something." he replied.
"I did too. What about you Ran?" Ayame asked.

Ran nodded as well.

"It could be the Seishi. Let's go." Navcase said.

Meanwhile, the three girls were walking along, Megumi and Yoko chitchatting about the latest gossip when several forms landed in front of them. They were ugly, and evil looking. Draconai. The red accents identified that they were part of Kouen's clan.

"Which one of you is the Seishi?!" they demanded.

The girls began to tremble and step backward, tripping and falling to the ground.

"Answer us!" they demanded.

The girls collectively screamed, which were picked up by Navcase, who took off in their direction.

"Navcase! Come back here! Wait up!" Ayame said. "I should have brought my rollerblades..."

"Yoko, run. Go get help." Ritsuko said.
"No, I'm staying here." Yoko said, getting to her feet. "Who are you and what do you want with me and my friends?" she demanded.

What was wrong with her? She was standing up to these things?

"We are in search of one of the Seishi. Which one of you is the Seishi?" the Draconai again demanded.
"I don't know what the hell you're talking about, okay? So leave us alone." Yoko replied.

The Draconai roared in anger, causing Yoko to fall and scream again. Ritsuko got up and whacked one with her schoolbag.

"Run!" she shouted, before the Draconai recovered and knocked her down.

"Ritsuko!" Megumi and Yoko screamed.
"I ask again. Where is the Seishi?"
"Right here." Navcase said.

The Draconai looked up to see Navcase descending dramatically from above.

"Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu! Ryu Tsui Sen, Zan!"

Navcase held his sword for piercing, slamming into the soldier, gravity and his own weight assisting him in toppling the creature. Another swiped at him, but Navcase blocked with his sword before kicking him over. The girls sat there, hearts in their eyes, swooning over this cool bishounen that was saving them.

"HE'S SO COOL!!!!!!" the three shouted in unison.
"Get out of here!" Navcase ordered.
"Yes sir!" the girls said quickly, before running for safety, but continuing to watch this spectacle.

Navcase went to First Stance and charged at another, running him through with his sword, before quickly extracting his sword and countering an aerial attack with Third Stance. Another punched, but he whirled around and nailed him in the back of the neck using Ryu Kan Sen. Navcase held his sword out to the side, which began to glow as his aura flared up, the kanji for sword glowing on his right hand. He then brought the blade out in front of him, and stood ready for his final attack. The others stood up and also prepared to stop him one last time. His aura still flaring, he charged towards them, calling out his attack:

"Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu! Kuzu Ryu Sen!"

He collided with them, blazing through hitting them all with lightning speed, before stopping abruptly and sheathing his sword. The Draconai roared in pain as they glowed red, before disintegrating into energists. Navcase then threw them all into the air and with incredible skill, slashed them all to pieces before running his blade across the edge of his sheath and sheathing it. The girls clapped triumphantly.

"Oh shit! We've got to get to school!" Yoko exclaimed.
"Thank you!" the three shouted before running off at high speed, as Navcase sweatdropped. Ran came up beside him as Ayame huffed and puffed her way up.

"Next...time...warn...us...before...you...run...off...like that." Ayame said, out of breath.
"Did you find anything out?" Ran asked.
"Some Draconai showed up and I fought them off. They were probably here for the same reason we were. They were after three girls. During the conflict I felt something from one of them. I'm not sure which one though." he replied.
"We should probably follow them." Ayame said.

With that the three headed off in the girls' direction, soon coming up on a large high school. The clock tower loomed in front of them. Students were sitting around outside, or walking into the school together. Yoko and her friends filed their way in, lost in the crowd.

"Damn, we lost them." Ayame said.
"Let's go in after them." Navcase said.
"No, there's no way I'm going in there." Ayame said, pointing to the school.
"I'll go in if you'll come with me Navcase." Ran asked, tugging on his cloak.
"Okay. Ayame, see if you can gather any information while Ran and I look inside." Navcase said.

Ayame headed off in another direction while the other two slipped into the school. The bell rang and the front door closed up while Ayame hid behind a tree, and brought out her laptop. She fired it up and began to type furiously. In a matter of minutes she was in the school's registry.

"Perfect! Now let's see if there are any students that could have potential."

She scrolled down the list faster and faster. Names flew by. None of them sounded familiar. Then something caught her eye. She scrolled back slowly and carefully to one student.

"Hmm...Youtotsuko Ri, Birthdate 05/21/85...1st Year High School....let's see Parents..."

Ayame glanced at her parent's names. They seemed to leap off the page. Her mother was of the Ri family, which the Palace records said was a long line of Chinese Monks. Her father on the other hand, came from the same clan as HER Father! That meant Yoko's father was an Ancient too! She had to find Navcase and Ran.

Meanwhile...

Yoko was stuck in English class. Her teacher was going on about how he wanted them to make lists of various words. She hated English class in the worst way. She hated it as much as Aya Fujimiya hated Reiji Takatori. Her teacher was no help; he was extremely devoted to his lessons to the point that he alienated his students like many teachers did. Far worse, Megumi and Ritsuko had a totally different schedule. Her teacher continued to drone on and on...the next thing she knew, she was staring into the face of a familiar form.

"Hello again no da!" the strange man shouted.
"What are you doing here..." Yoko said, frustrated with this strange ancestor.
"I came to tell you that you're like me no da."
"Like, we've been through this already? One, I don't have stupid blue hair, I don't have a dumb grin on my face, I don't dress in tacky clothes, and I don't talk like a moron, okay? So I am not 'like you', 'kay?"
"Regardless, you are like me no da. Things will make sense soon no da."
"LEAVE ME ALONE YOU INSANE BLUE-HAIRED FREAK!!!!" she screamed, reaching out with her hands and wrapping them around his neck.
"Yoko, do you realize who you're strangling?" one of the students asked.
"A little blue-haired man?" she asked.

She looked up and saw it was the teacher.

"The teacher?"
"Bingo."
"Ms. Ri!" he shouted.
"Yes?"
"Go to the principal's office immediately!"

Yoko grabbed her things and marched off to the principal's office with a note.

"You attempted to strangle your English teacher..." was the principal's reply.
"I thought he was someone else! Honest!" Yoko said.
"Who?"
"This little blue haired guy who keeps annoying the hell outta me!" she replied.
"All right...go to your next class...I'm not even sure what to do."

Yoko headed off again, this time to home ec, where Megumi and Ritsuko were waiting. This was the only class that she had with them the whole day. She was grateful.

"So, how was your day?" she asked Megumi.
"Horrible. In science class today we had this guest speaker, some Scottish guy. He went on about how he used to work for this big international conglomerate and then started to go on about his favorite anime and video games. What a dork. He was kinda cute though. You?"
"Okay, this weird blue-haired guy bugged me again, so I almost strangled the teacher. He sent me to the principal's office."
"That sucks." Megumi replied.
"Now class. Today we are going to be baking chocolate cakes. I want all of you to make them beautiful culinary masterpieces as colorful as the fall foliage."
"She is sooooooooooooooo boring." Yoko replied.
"Fer sure." Megumi added.
"Weren't we supposed to study that last night?" Ritsuko added.
"I think so." Megumi said.
"Damn." Ritsuko swore.
"We are sooooooooooo dead." they said in unison.

Suddenly, the door opened and Ran poked her head in.

"Sorry, I think I'm lost."
"Ah! I believe we have a new student class. What is your name young lady?"
"Ran Kamino, but I don't go here, I'm trying to find someone."
"You can go work with those girls over there." the teacher said, pointing towards Yoko and her friends, who were fighting over who would do the actual work.

"You touch it." Megumi asked Ritsuko.
"Uh uh. I just had my nails done. Yoko?"
"No way, you touch it." Megumi said.
"I'm not getting my hands dirty." Yoko replied.
"Hello!" Ran said in her normal cheery voice.
"Hi." the three said.
"Need some help?" Ran asked.
"Like, duh." Yoko said.
"It's not that hard." Ran said, beginning to get to work.

Meanwhile...

"Ran? Where are you...I've got information on who the Seishi might be...Where is she?" Ayame asked.

Ayame had entered the school and was scouring the location in search of her sister and the third Seishi. Unfortunately the two seemed to have vanished.

"Ran? Navcase?" Ayame called again.
"Ayame? Is that you?" she heard a voice call.
"Navcase?" she asked. "Where are you?"
"Over here." he called.

Following the sound of his voice, she traced it to a locker, which she opened and found him squished inside.

"What're you doing in there?" Ayame asked.
"I got mobbed by bishounen-crazed fangirls...I had to hide somewhere." Navcase said.
"Come on, we've got to find Ran."

Meanwhile...

"Excellent! This cake is wonderful. You girls get an A."

The three were shocked. Ran simply blushed.

Class ended and the four headed out. Ran knew she had to find her sister and Navcase, but she soon felt a hand on her shoulder. It was that of Yoko.

"Hey...Ran Right? You like, totally saved our butts today." Yoko said.
"Fer sure." Megumi added.
"Want to hang out with us? You can come with us to get my cousin." Yoko said.
"Um...okay...uh..." Ran said.
"My name's Youtotsuko, but you can call me Yoko." she said. "And this is Ritsuko and Megumi."
"Pleased to meet you..." Ran replied.

With that, the girls went off, just as Ayame and Navcase came outside.

"Where'd she go?" Ayame wondered. Then she spotted Ran's purple locks as she walked off with Yoko and the others.

She prepared to pursue but Navcase stopped her.

"Those are the girls I felt the power from. Ran's gained their trust somehow and hopefully she'll be able to figure out which one it is. We should follow them though." Navcase said.

While Ritsuko listened to her Discman and Megumi napped in the seats next to Yoko, Ran began to question Yoko.

"I'm sorry to pry, but has anything weird happened to you lately?" Ran asked.
"Well...this total babe came and saved us from some ugly things this morning." Yoko explained.
"Anything else?"
"Well, this weird blue-haired dude keeps coming to me when I'm asleep and saying I'm a Seishi like him or something..." Yoko explained.

Ran's heart stopped. She had to be it! Still, she had to be sure. Sitting several seats back, Navcase watched Ran go to work.

"Good...we've found the fourth Ayame. Ayame?"
"zzzzzzzzzzzzzz..." Ayame gently snored, using Navcase's shoulder as a pillow.

The train came to a stop, jolting Megumi awake.

"This is where her Train's coming in from. Come on Ran." Yoko said.
"Okay..." Ran said.
"Ayame! Ayame! They're getting off." Navcase said, jolting Ayame awake.
"Huh? Wha..."
"They're getting off. Come on." Navcase said.
"Yeah sure..." Ayame said.

Navcase dragged the still-sleepy Ayame with him as he pursued Ran and the girls over to another platform. They snuck up on them and watched from a distance as another train pulled into the station. The doors opened and hundreds got off around the sound of the brakes hissing and the engine humming. A young girl carrying several bags climbed down. She had long brown hair that went about halfway down her back and had several strands that stuck up like antennae. Her backpack, as the girls observed, was littered with thousands of dangling anime keychains. Her luggage was plastered with anime stickers. She was wearing a Princess Mononoke T-shirt, and chances are every other good anime series was represented on shirts in her luggage. Her Toya-ish sunglasses were perched on her forehead as she looked around, spotting Yoko and the others, and started waving.

"THIS is your cousin? What a dork..." Ritsuko scoffed.
"When were you gonna tell us?" Megumi asked.
"I didn't know she'd be this bad..." Yoko pleaded.

Yoko hesitantly waved back, before Ayako ran towards her, practically tackling her.

"Um...like get off me?" Yoko replied.
"Oh, sorry, it's just I haven't seen you in the longest time. How have you been?" Ayako asked happily.
"Haven't gotten much sleep lately..."
"Oh, sorry." Ayako said. "Nightmares?"
"If you want to called blue-haired nutcases who smile too much and say "I'm like them no da", okay..."

Ritsuko and Megumi put their hands on her forehead and asked if she was feeling all right. Ayako's eyes lit up.

"Chichiri!" she exclaimed.
"Excuse me?" Yoko asked.
"Chichiri. From Fushigi Yuugi. Released April 5, 1995. Based on the manga by Yuu Watase." Ayako recited from memory.
"Yoko, she's worse than you thought..." Megumi whispered.
"She likes...anime?" Ritsuko said angrily.
"I thought she'd grown out of it..." Yoko said under her breath.
"Chichiri is the 4th Seishi of Suzaku. His special power is Chi Magic." Ayako said, whipping out one of her manga and reading.
"There's nothing wrong with being into anime...it's not just for children." Ran replied.
"Yes it is." Ritsuko said.
"Come on, let's get outta here..." Yoko said, grabbing her friends and heading off.
"Youtotsuko, come back!!!!" she called, trying to catch up. Ran followed behind.

Yoko and her friends walked ahead of Ran and her cousin, hoping to loose them. But Ayako was still trailing.

"You didn't say she was going to be that much of a dork..." Ritsuko said.
"I'm sorry, okay?" Yoko replied.
"It's not her fault..." Megumi said.
"We can't have someone like THAT hanging out with us. It makes us look bad." Ritsuko said.
"Right..." Megumi and Yoko replied.
"Here's what we'll do." she said, whispering her plan in their ears.
"But that's mean..." Megumi replied.
"She's my cousin..." Yoko added.
"Do you want to hang out together or not?" Ritsuko asked, lighting another cigarette.

The two sighed and nodded.

"Good."

Meanwhile...

"So, you're Yoko's cousin? I'm Ran."
"Ayako. Thanks for sticking up for me back there...my friends are about the same..." she replied.
"No problem. You and my sisters would really get along." Ran said. "We're all otaku."
"Hey, Ayako, Ran! We've got a surprise for you!" Yoko said. "Ritsuko says she knows of a place around here, so we can get you two completely made over!"
"Really?" Ran asked.
"Yeah, it's right down that way at the end of the street." she said.
"I'll pass..." Ayako said.
"Come on, please? It can't be as bad as my sister's technique." Ran said.
"No, you have fun. I'll walk with you though." Ayako said.

The three walked ahead giggling while Ran walked with Ayako.

"Well, I'm into anime, but I love the artwork. It's so beautiful. I want to direct someday." she explained.
"Wow...you sure have lots of artbooks. Suiren would kill for these, then again, she probably already has them..."
"That one of your sisters?" Ayako asked.
"Yeah. If you don't mind me asking, why is Yoko the way she is?" Ran asked.
"Ohh...Well, a year ago she went on some exchange program to America, and apparently the girls there turned my sweet innocent cousin into the first Japanese Valley Girl. Then she started hanging with the two worst girls at her school, which my guess are those two. My Aunt Kouran called my mom in tears and thought that maybe if I came to visit, she'd snap out of it. So much for that..."

Yoko and the others hid around the corner as Ayako and Ran headed towards the salon. They came to the door and found a sign hanging there. "Closed for Remodeling"

"She tricked us..." Ran said, starting to cry, angering Ayako.

The two heard the giggles of the other three, most of it Ritsuko, of how they had succeeded.

"Why the nerve of that little...Youtotsuko! GET BACK HERE!!!!" Ayako shouted. "I'm going make you change back!"

But their laughter turned into screams, which sent Ayako and Ran running off towards them.

Kouen had landed before the three as they backed away slowly.

"I've come for your friend..." Kouen said.
"Leave her alone you creep!" Ritsuko shouted.

Kouen swatted her to the ground, then knocked Megumi away as well.

"My master is only interested in her. You, take the girl to Master Ceiphied. The rest of you, kill them." Kouen said, sending fear down the other two girl's spines. Yoko was frightened most of all.

"I wouldn't do that Kouen." Navcase said, appearing on the scene. Ayame was with him, clad in her full battle armor.

The girls' fear quickly turned to bliss as the bishounen of their dreams reappeared.

"Get them!"

Ayame grabbed Yoko and ran off while the girls cheered as Navcase proceeded to tear into the Draconai with his sword.

As Yoko fled in terror, her thoughts were on her friends. Maybe they were just using her, but they did not deserve to die. She heard a voice again.

"Yoko no da..." it said. "Go and help them no da...It is your duty...as a Seishi no da."

Yoko nodded, and ran back towards the battle. She arrived just in time to see Navcase go down.

"Leave my friends alone..." Yoko demanded.
"And what will you do, little girl?" Kouen asked.

He fired his breath weapon at Yoko, who somehow put up an AT Field to stop it, just as a salvo of missiles nailed him courtesy of Ayame, just as Ayako and Ran showed up on the scene as well.

"Ayako, get them out of here." Yoko said.
"What about Ran?" Ayako asked.
"I'll be fine. You get them out of here." Ran said.
"Okay." Ayako said.

She and the other two ran off. Ran called upon her own armor and headed towards Navcase, knocking the Draconai away from him, allowing him to stand up. But Kouen launched a fireball at her, knocking her down. Ayame ran over to her side, as did Yoko, who was shocked at what Ran had been able to do.

"Now you all die..." Kouen shouted, taking a deep breath and letting his flame tear loose on them.

When the flames faded, there was a barrier around all four of them. In the center was Yoko, her hair billowing out dramatically, a purple aura around her...and the kanji for sorcery glowing on her knee.

"Yoko! His clan is weakened by water!" Ran shouted.

Yoko nodded, as her hair and eyes turned completely white, and a torrential downpour nailed the dragons, causing them to groan in pain. In the confusion, Ran lashed out with her wires, tearing off Kouen's helmet, while Navcase slashed it off, leaving the soldiers stunned. The armor fell to the ground lifeless, and Navcase smashed the energist.

"Hmm...Mom and Dad might find this interesting..." Ayame thought, examining the armor while Ran and Navcase smashed the other energists. Yoko stopped glowing and returned to normal.

"Okay, like my first question is...what the hell happened, and who are you people?" Yoko asked.
"I'm Ran's sister Ayame. We're both the daughters of the Sun Goddess Amaterasu. Navcase here is one of her Seishi, sworn to protect her and her family. You just happen to be one too. Understand?" Ayame explained.
"Um...like, Yoko's not here right now...please leave a message at the beep, 'kay?" Yoko responded before fainting.

On the train ride back to Toyama, the exhausted kogyaru trio slumbered, using Yoko as a pillow while Ayame snoozed in the seat behind them. Navcase sat next to Ayame, keeping an eye on them.

He knew this would be hard to accept. Yoko having these powers...her new friend turning out to be the child of a goddess. But then again, he had found it strange when he first discovered he was one...he smiled at the sound of giggles from behind him as Ran made a new friend in Ayako.

"So, you said you're a big anime art fan?" Ran asked.
"Yeah. I really like the series, but I love the artwork...I want to be a director like Miyazaki when I grow up."
"I love the art too...it's pretty hard though when your big sister's always telling you how cool the fights are, and your middle sister's always drooling over the guys..." Ran replied.
"She does?" Ayako asked.
"Ohhh yeah. She's got her whole wall plastered with them."
"Me too." Ayako said, blushing. "I mean, the artwork is so gorgeous that it would be a crime not to put these beautiful babes, I mean pinups, I mean Posters..." she said, struggling to hide her obsession.
"It's okay...I kinda like them too." Ran added.

The three giggled at that.

"Could you be one too?" Ran asked.
"A Seishi? Well...I don't think so...my mom gave me this ring and said it's been in the family for years, but I don't know what it does."
"Oh." Ran said, yawning a little.
"Tired?" Ayako asked.
"Yeah, a little."
"Me too. Wake me up when we get to my Aunt's, okay?" Ayako asked. Ran was already asleep. Navcase nodded and Ayako closed her eyes.

Later, at Yoko's...

"Of course she can go with you...imagine that, my daughter being a Seishi of Amaterasu...I'm so proud of you..." Yoko's mom said.
"Whatever mom..." Yoko replied.
"Um, Mrs. Ri, can Ayako come with us?" Ran asked.
"That's up to Yoko..." she replied.
"Yeah. I need someone to keep me company." Yoko said, leaving Ayako surprised.
"Thank you!" Ayako shouted, hugging her cousin to death.
"Um, let go..." Yoko asked.
"Good luck Yoko." Megumi said.
"You'd better keep in touch." Ritsuko demanded.
"Don't worry, I will. See ya." Yoko said.

With that, the group disappeared into the Heavens. Amaterasu congratulated her daughters and Navcase on finding the fourth Seishi. Ran asked if Ayako could stay in her room, and she said yes. Suiren and Yoko hit it off immediately and decided to spend the night together as well.

Later...

"Oh my God! I take it back, these bishounen are gorgeous!" Yoko said.
"You think so?" Suiren asked.
"Totally!" Yoko added. "You've got to teach me all about these total babes."
"With pleasure." Suiren smiled.

"Umm...Ran?" Ayako asked Ran from the floor of her bedroom.
"Yeah?" Ran asked.
"Does this always happen?" Ayako asked.
"Yeah. Suiren's pretty loud. There is a secret." Ran said.
"Which would be?" Ayako asked.

Ran handed her a pair of earbuds.

"These. You like the brilliant green?" Ran asked.
"Who?" Ayako asked.
"You've got a lot to learn." Ran said, turning on the stereo before closing her eyes.

Soon the two were asleep.

To Be Continued...


Next Episode

AYAME: Talk about people being deprived of sleep. Next time, Navcase is awakened from a horrible nightmare from his past that sends us on a clandestine mission into Ceiphied's fortress. But will I be prepared for what I find there? It's next time on Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath; For My Beloved. Look forward to it, and don't sue us Ms. Watase!