Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath ❯ Search for the Final Seishi ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"CURSE ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!" Ceiphied said, throwing his throne into a wall in frustration. "You have caused me to loose Yuriko...you failed to bring back any magical artifact that could possibly find the Drakka Shichiseishi, and you allowed another one to awaken!!!!!"

The Elite stepped back. They knew they would be Ceiphied's snack food in a matter of minutes. Suddenly, a soldier ran in.

"Master, I am sorry to interrupt, but there is some sort of vehicle requesting entry."
"I shall deal with you later..." Ceiphied said, heading out to the courtyard.

The Draconai pulled the front gates open, as a series of heavy transports began to pile into the base. The men driving them exited the vehicles and ran off in terror, fearing for the worst. Several soldiers prepared to attack.

"No. Let them go. Let us see who would go to all this trouble to deliver something here." Ceiphied said.

Opening up the back of one of the trucks, Ceiphied gasped at the sight. It was full of guns and ammunition. High-powered rifles and machinecannons. The best body armor money could buy. Further inspection revealed more of the same.

"Master, take a look over here!" a soldier called.

They opened a set of doors to find rows upon rows of small maneuverable tanks. In another, they found heavily armed power armor. In yet another, there were rows upon rows of machines that looked like knocked off Mecha Knights.

"What shall we do with this? Destroy it?" a soldier asked.
"No. Use it. I believe this is the advantage that we have been lacking. I have a plan to eliminate those accursed Seishi, that they will never be able to fight back from." Ceiphied said, before breaking into laughter.

Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath
Chapter 22: Search for the Final Seishi.

Several hours after the initial takeover by the Draconai…

In the emptied, evacuated section of Toyama taken over by the Draconai, an armored van now sped towards it. Within it was a SWAT team, led by their top officer, Captain Kashin Zoutou. He was well built, intimidating, serious to the core. He had to be. These things had already taken out a few JDSSF units only hours earlier, since they took over the military base. Kashin was the only one left that might be able to stop them. He checked his watch. There were still about 20 minutes before they arrived. Better time than any to check out the rejects they had given him this time.

Looking to the other side of the vehicle, was a big, burly man, who appeared to be dressed in a tight blue jumpsuit. He wore sunglasses, and had dreadlocks going down the back of his head. The folder that Kashin's boss had given him on this guy said that he was discharged from his last force after something about "opening a can of whup ass on a fellow employee." Still, this guy had an impressive resume. Not to mention an impressive arsenal. He had brought some sort of backpack with him, and had two pistols holstered by his side. He was cleaning a large cannon and there was a large, heavy looking yellow gun beside him. He also noticed he had brought several cans of whup ass with him, and that it was imported, making him all the more dangerous.

Next to the large gentleman was a young girl, wearing some sort of light body armor. She had purple hair and was recommended highly because of her hand to hand fighting skills. It claimed that she had great skill with weapons, but she could never choose which weapon to use. She appeared to be using some sort of spray on herself, that every few seconds would cause a wind-like sound to travel through the vehicle, and then disappear suddenly.

Sitting to the right of her was a tall male, who was wearing sunglasses. He was drinking a cup of coffee, while loading his gun with very high powered rounds, while mumbling something about the person sitting next to him.

Sitting next to the other sunglassed gentleman was the youngest person assigned to him this time. She looked very cute and somewhat innocent. She was dressed in a purple Meijish outfit and was listening to a personal stereo tucked into her sash through a pair of earbuds. She was currently sleeping peacefully, her head leaning against the other side of the seat, but from time to time she would mumble about how cute and cool she was. Her profile stated that she seemed to delight in killing and her extreme genkiness made her incredibly dangerous. She had several weapons on her, including what looked like a sniper rifle loaded with RPB rounds, two strange looking pistols, a rocket launcher fully loaded clipped to her sash, and two green gatling-type cannons next to her. He hoped she would live up to her report.

Seated next to the sleeping young girl was his final assigned soldier, a large four-armed metal being. The report stated that he was a former soldier for Kinjiro Osaki, who was testing out some new technology. He was carrying a pair of samurai swords at his side, and a pistol was holstered on the other. He had some kind of rifle slung over his shoulder, and was cleaning and loading a large railgun. This guy was supposed to be very good, referred to Kashin's boss by a man who seemed to enjoy saying "Damn" more than the average person. But still, he seemed to be in good hands.

He had also been assigned a great deal of grunts to assist with this difficult mission. Several of them, all dressed in blue, seemed to be talking about how they did not like how they were "in this Chicken Shit outfit", and how they should "frag this commander". Other guys, in red, were cleaning their flame-throwers and discussing propane and propane accessories. Others, equipped with laser scopes, were discussing how the enemy would never know what hit them. Thanks to Kinjiro, they had been equipped with experimental cloaking devices. In an instant, they could call down hell upon the Draconai base, provided they were not wiped out first.

The heavy vehicle pulled up near the former military base silently, and the back doors was quietly opened. The young girl was gently shaken awake and woke up instantly, skipping out of the back of the vehicle. The purple haired girl climbed out, as did the dreadlocked individual. The cop exited next, ready with his gun. The miscellaneous troops cocked their weapons and climbed out as well. The large metal figure stepped out of the truck with a large clang.

Everyone tensed up, hoping that the noise had not alerted the enemy to their presence. When nothing happened, Kashin breathed a sigh of relief. He motioned to the large Metal person, who lifted the young Meijish girl up to where she could see.

"Do you see anything?" Kashin asked.
"Um, let's see…one…two…three…WAI! A couple hundred!" she exclaimed, pulling up her rocket launcher. She allowed the weapon to cache and then let them loose, sending missiles flying at the unsuspecting troops, who were vaporized within a small area. She was pulled down by Kashin and the others after she caused slight commotion.

"I'm so cool!" she exclaimed.
"No, that wasn't cool." The large dreadlocked man said. "Now all them things are gonna get suspicious."
"I say we frag this commander…" one of the grunts said. Several others nodded their heads in agreement.

The large dreadlocked man cracked his knuckles and put up his fists.

"Would you boys like me to open a can of whup ass on ya? Because I will." He said.
"Okay Captain Zoutou, what's the plan." The purple haired girl asked.
"We break in as silently as possible." He replied.
"Easy for you, oh, Noisy-wan Kenobi." The purple haired girl said, referring to the large dreadlocked individual.
"Wanna make something of it girl?" he replied.

The two took fighting stances as Kashin put his head in his hands.

"Okay, everyone, stop fighting, now. We're not going to get anywhere like this." Kashin replied.

As he tried to resolve the conflict, the Meiji-ish girl had already brought out her rocket launcher again and was preparing to blast open the front gate.

"OH SHIT!" the dreadlocked individual shouted.
"I'M SO CUTE!!!!!!!" she shouted, firing a salvo that knocked it down, alerting the Draconai to their presence, who now swarmed them, armed with various guns.
"WAI WAI WAI WAI WAI WAI!!!!" the Meiji-ish girl shouted, firing rocket salvo after rocket salvo, vaporizing them.

As she fired, Kashin noticed a building off to one side that was probably an ammo depot. He ordered the grunts to lay down cover fire while he side strafed with his machine gun, as the Meiji-ish girl continued to delight in the carnage.

"Allow me to Introduce Myself!" she exclaimed as more rockets were unloaded on the unsuspecting Draconai.
"Oh look. I will get a chance to use my whup ass after all." The dreadlocked man stated.

He pulled out some sort of trigger and pressed a button, causing a salvo of missiles to streak towards the Draconai and vaporize them.

The Purple haired girl had wasted no time running in and kicking the Draconai down, punching them, and then somersaulting onto them to keep them down. She caused them much pain.

The large metal guy was constantly firing his railgun, riddling Draconai after Draconai with depleted uranium shells. From time to time he would whip out his plasma cannon and fire that at them instead.

The cop had brought out his gun and was firing repeatedly, swearing at the Draconai, asking God why he had been put on this mission.

The Meiji-ish girl, of course, was now shouting about how beautiful the carnage she was creating was, as she ran out of rockets and now began frying them with green death beams.

The dreadlocked man brought out a chaingun and proceeded to unload with that as everyone else, except for the extremely euphoric Meiji girl, ran towards the ammo building. Once inside, the purple haired girl pulled out a cannon and began discharging shots out the window while the large metal guy took their attacks and returned fire. The dreadlocked gentleman exclaimed, "Jackpot!" when he saw the large amount of ammo within the depot, and proceeded to announce whether he had a weapon or not as he went through the arsenal. He rejoiced as he found a rocket launcher. He stepped by the large metal guy and took aim at the Draconai.

"I'm gonna make you my bitch!" he declared as he opened fire, blasting one of them to kingdom come.

The Draconai seemed to be having enough of this senseless slaughter. They were being fried, shot at by the grunts, most of which were vaporized quickly using their energy blasts. The other team members did not seem to be going down as quickly, and they were dropping like flies.

And then, the Meiji-ish girl ran out of ammo for her twin guns. The Draconai smiled.

They charged her relentlessly as she tried to break out her sniper rifle in time, before she was clawed to death, eliminating her from the picture. The large metal guy had run out of ammo, and thus brought out his swords, slicing through the others as they realized that without the Meijish girl, their chances were slim. They had not even broken into the interior of the base. The purple haired girl was soon caught off guard and taken down as well, before she could heal herself. The Cop was the next to fall as he ran out of ammo and was knocked painfully and brutally into a wall. All that remained were the dreadlocked individual and the metal guy. With the dreadlocked guy covering the metal guy and Kashin, the trio began to retreat. As they ran, Kashin ordered several of the espionage units to lock on…only to find the Draconai had transformed to their dragon forms.

"OH SHIT. This is not good." The dreadlocked guy said.

He brought out his big guns, and fired, one sending a blast of energy at a dragon, injuring it badly, the other causing a nuclear type explosion. Both were not enough to stop all of them.

"SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" the dreadlocked man shouted as he fired.

The Large metal guy fired his plasma cannon several times, but it soon ran out of power, leaving him vulnerable to Draconai assault, which tore through his tough armor and soon left him damaged, enough for the Draconai to finish him.

"Get out of here!" the dreadlocked guy shouted to Kashin.
"No, you're coming, that's an order!" Kashin shot back.
"I can take these guys. You go get us some backup!" he said.
"Fine. Good luck to you."
"No problem. Hey, looks like I got one more can of whup ass left. I wonder who I should use it on…"

A group of Draconai approached in their dragon forms, looming over him. The gentleman opened the can and drank the contents down in one gulp.

"Now that's refreshment! Well, well, it looks like we have some volunteers. Who's ya daddy, you messed up sons of bitches?" he shouted.

Kashin dove to the ground and braced himself as a large explosion ensued, as he saw a pair of goggles fly through the air. He had tried. At least he went down fighting.

He strode back to the vehicle, disheartened even now. He had barely gotten to know these people, yet in a matter of minutes, they had all be wiped out, one by one. One had barely begun to live…much like his daughter, who had disappeared when she was three, assumed to be dead. Now another burden was on his shoulders. He angrily threw his weapons into the back of the vehicle and slammed the doors behind him, as they drove off.

Some hours later, a group of armored warriors touched down at the site, while a caped individual watched from a rooftop…

Present Day

The Heroes had done well in their fight thus far. Time and time again, they had fought off advances by the Draconai. When Navcase attacked under Ceiphied's influence, Ryo awakened as the first of the Seven Seishi of Amaterasu. Soon after, Anubis arose as the second. It was a great surprise when Navcase came down, declaring himself the third. A brief search had located the fourth, Yoko, a teenager with a slight attitude and authority problem, seemingly terrified of monks that appeared from hats. Navcase's fiancee, Yuriko, had turned out to be the fifth, and Yoko's cousin Ayako, was the sixth. Only one remained. Only one Seishi stood between them and victory. Once this final warrior was found, then they could begin their search for the Priestess, call Amaterasu down from the heavens and grant three wishes, to banish evil from this world.

The Ronins were recovering along with Ryo and Anubis, when Amaterasu astrally projected herself on the island.

"Everyone, Kinjiro has recently informed me that he may have discovered the location of the Seventh Seishi that we need to complete our set."

Everyone except Sekhmet and Kento broke into cheer. When the cheering died down, Amaterasu continued.

"However, the problem seems to be that this individual may be very close to where Ceiphied is. You must proceed with caution." she said before vanishing.
"Ryo, I can take the Ronins and Warlords with me to go look for this guy. Our power levels are low enough so that they won't find us right away." Rowen said.
"Yeah sure, wouldn't want any of our precious Seishi to get injured or killed..." Kento said under his breath.
"The gods always smile on Ryo or Anubis. Why them? Why do they get to be Seishi and I don't?" Sekhmet muttered.
"Okay. Good luck and come back safely." Ryo said.

Rowen and the others armored up and blasted off for the location as fast as possible. Upon reaching the site, they slowly touched down and stood ready with their weaponry.

"Okay, it's probably best if we split up. Kento, you and Sai go that way. Kale, Sage, you search over that way. Dais, Sekhmet, you guys come with me. We'll meet back here in an hour, whether you've found something or not. Remember to keep your power down so that the Draconai don't find us." Rowen said.

With that, the team split up and searched through the ruined area that was part of Toyama.

"I can't stand this!" Kento said, kicking the remains of a car as he and Sai walked down the street. "Ever since Ryo's got his wings, it's been nothing but Seishi this, Seishi that! The non-Saiyan fighters were instantly outclassed the moment Goku's hair turned gold, and in much the same way, we're fading into the darkness too!" Kento complained.
"But can't you look at the situation a little more positively? We're finally going to defeat the Draconai when we find all of them. Anubis has always wanted a way to repay Ryo and now he does."
"Yeah, but everything good happens to Ryo! First Inferno, now those blasted wings of Flame. We were doing just fine until he came back with his new armor and the realization that he's a Seishi!"
"Calm down Kento! Things like that will destroy the team!"
"I'll say what I wanna say! And I'll prove we're not dead weight either!"
"It looks like you'll get your chance Kento. Look!" Sai said, pointing.

Several Draconai soldiers showed up. They looked different from usual. In addition to their usual battle outfits, they seemed to be wearing some sort of body armor, and all had rifles in their hands.

"FIRE!!" One shouted.
"Get down!" Sai shouted as they dived behind some rubble as the Draconai unloaded on them, bullets falling to the ground in piles.
"Since when did they get guns?" Kento wondered. "Doesn't matter. They're going down!" Kento said, pulling out his staff and igniting both blades.
"Kento stop!" Sai shouted.

Kento rushed at the warriors, his armor taking the bullets as he charged at them. With two quick swipes, two of them had their guns cut in half. Those two reached back, charged up and pushed forward, sending Kento flying back as the others proceeded to continue firing, which Kento began to block with his shield.

"Time to knock you guys out." Kento said, extending his Dragon Fang and using it like a whip to knock the soldiers off their feet, before proceeding to twirl his staff. "IRON ROCK CRUSHER!!!!!"

The boulders flew towards the Dragons, but they blocked with their AT fields.

"Ha ha! You failed!" one shouted, just as a salvo of missiles slammed into them. "FORGET THEM! We should find the other one!"
"But we can't find him!" another soldier shouted.
"We don't need to worry. There is no way he can hit us from this dis-"

Just before an RPB round flew into his head, blasting it to atoms.

"Yeah! Take that you bastards!" Kento shouted, before Sai grabbed his arm and the two started to run off. "Hey! Let go! We've got them right where we want them!" Kento shouted.

Sai and Kento rounded the corner and stopped in their tracks as they came face to face with a strange four treaded tank. It lowered some sort of pylons to lock it into place, as a large cannon unfolded from its back and aimed directly at them.

"Well well! I think we should drop the hammer on these fools and dispense some VERY discriminate injustice!" the tank commander declared.

Kento and Sai had no choice but to put their hands up as several more soldiers armed with guns ran onto the scene...

Meanwhile, Kale and Sage were methodically trying to seek this final warrior out. To pass the time, they had begun to discuss what this warrior might be like.

"So, what do you think this final Seishi's like Kale? I hope she's cute so that I can flirt with her a little."
"But don't you have Suiren already Halo?"
"She won't mind." Sage explained.
"All right. I hope that he or she is a powerful warrior, much like myself."
"But don't we already have Navcase?" Sage asked.
"True. But I wonder what his or her powers are." Kale said.
"Yeah, me too. Hopefully they are useful." Sage said. "Um, Kale...wouldn't it be great if we had this Seishi now...?" he said, pointing at a group of Draconai that was closing in on them.
"Indeed Halo. Indeed!" Kale said.
"I hope this works." Sage said, as the two placed their blades together.
"Thunder...Bolt...Cut!"
"Black Lighting Slash!" Kale shouted.

The two attacks flew out and merged into one, causing a huge explosion. When the smoke cleared, the Draconai looked around frantically for the two of them. Two were instantly cut in half as the two warriors crashed down with their swords. More went for Kale, but he whipped them into a wall with his heat rod, and sliced down still more with his Beam Sword. Others pulled out their guns and began firing at the two, who dove for opposite walls.

"Since when did they get those?" Kale shouted over the gunfire.
"Not sure. This was an interesting development!" Sage shouted. "CHARIOT!!!!"

Out of the sky Sage's mechanical chariot descended, taking the hits from the bullets long enough for the two to get behind it, leap into the air so that Kale could slice them up with his Beam Sword at almost full power.

"You cut them down! I'll smash the Energists!" Sage said, pulling out his hammer.

Kale began tearing into the ranks with his energy blade, slicing them cleanly open while Sage began smashing, but it soon became apparent that there were too few of them, and too many of the Draconai.

"We don't have the firepower that the others do! We better retreat!" Sage said.
"Can't let you do that, Ronins." a voice said from behind.

Several strange machinegun equipped bipedal walkers began walking into the alleyway on either side, cutting off both escape routes, leveling their high powered cannons at both of them.

*"Attention Lord Ceiphied. We have found the intrud--" one said before he was cut off from his transmission. "What? What's going on here? Something's scrambling this piece of junk!"

Kale and Sage noticed a low hum coming from somewhere. They watched as one of the machine's cannons was twisted into a knot, before nuts and bolts came unscrewed one by one, causing the machine to fall apart piece by piece.

"If this is some sort of diversion, let's get out of here!" Sage shouted, as the two started to make a break for it.

Suddenly Sage was hit by some sort of weird shell, that caused all his mechanical systems to suddenly shut down! The HUD went out and everything went black as the machine collapsed to the ground with a thud. Kale barely had time to react before one hit him too and his also shut down. The Ishibiya Corps closed in on them as they were taken too...

Meanwhile...

"This Seishi better be around here somewhere...we need a scroll or something." Rowen said as they searched aimlessly.
"A mirror would also be helpful..." Dais added.
"Screw that! We've got to get rid of Anubis! Why does he get all the attention!" Sekhmet complained.
"I see he's making like his counterpart..." Dais commented.
"The rest of us are much better and much more competent warriors than he is, so why was he chosen? His power's practically useless, then there's that armor, which looks too much like his old one, he dresses like he's the God of Death or something, then there's that hair..."
"Sekhmet, if it was not for Anubis, we would not have made it this far! He's made several dozen contributions and saved us many times too!" Dais fired back.
"By contributions and saving us, do you mean when Ryo died and he went berserk and killed everything?" Sekhmet asked.
"Will you two cut it out? We're supposed to be looking for the..."

Suddenly a group of Draconai held a gun to Rowen's face.

"Seishi."

Dais brought out his beam saber while Sekhmet readied his many swords. With expert precision the two tore into the Draconai ranks until they heard the familiar call of the Ishibiya Corps, who fired a blast that they barely dodged. Rowen retaliated with arrows as he strafed his way to a hiding place. Sekhmet cut down soldier after soldier with his swords, while Dais followed behind, attempting to smash the energists, only to be prevented by more Draconai armed with guns. He opened up his Megasonic gun and wasted a few, but they managed to hold on by raising their AT Fields.

"Our power's not enough to kill them as quickly!" Rowen said.
"We can do this! We don't need Anubis or the others!" Sekhmet said, slashing like a madman.

The group heard some sort of hydraulic movement as something moved towards them. The next thing they heard was the sound of missiles whistling towards them, before a strange hum came up, as the missiles stopped just short of them, hovering in the air. Rowen breathed a sigh of relief as Sekhmet, cackling gleefully, prepared his swords.

"Sekhmet NO!!!" Rowen shouted as in what seemed like slow motion cut through the missiles with his sword, sending the three flying through the air, landing with a thud. They began to get up as they collapsed into unconsciousness.

Rowen, Dais, and Sekhmet opened their eyes to find themselves shackled to a wall. Looking to either side of them, they found their allies, apparently also captured.

"Sorry Rowen. They got us too." Sai said sadly.
"The same happened to us." Kale said.
"It's okay, we'll find a way out of this." Rowen declared.
"Well well well, you actually succeeded this time. It seems those 'gifts' of the new magic were just what we needed." Ceiphied replied.
"So, what do you plan to do with them Master?" Kouen asked.
"The worst, of course."

An aura of evil began to form in the room as Ceiphied began a very nasty spell. The Ronins screamed in pain as it began to hit them.

Back at the Isle...

"This is bad." Ryo said. "Rowen and the others should have been back hours ago."

Just then, Navcase and the others came running up.

"Amaterasu told us that she feels that the others may be in grave danger." Navcase said.
"How right you are, traitor..." Ceiphied's voice said.

The group whirled around to see Ceiphied.

"What have you done with THEM!!!" Ryo demanded, his aura flaring up.
"Return our friends NOW!!!" Anubis shouted, charging at the evil being, only to pass right through him.
"Like, I think it's some sort of astral projection or some junk." Yoko reported.
"Wonderful time to have told us..." Anubis said, face down on the floor after his charge.
"I have good news for you, and bad news. The good news is, your friends are all alive."
"And what's the bad news." Ayako asked.

The group tensed for the answer. Ryo's temper and aura continued to flare. Navcase held his hands on his sword. Yuriko braced her Naginata.

"The bad news is, they won't be alive for much longer unless you all come to me. That means all Seven of you."
"But we haven't found the Seventh yet!" Yoko said, covering her mouth as she said it.
"Well, you'll have to find him or her, won't you...ta ta." Ceiphied said, vanishing.
"DAMN!!!!" Ryo said, slamming his fist into a wall, shaking it in pain. "We've got to get them back. Let's get going."
"Ryo, wait. We should think this through. We need a plan." Anubis said.
"Anubis is right Ryo." Navcase answered.
"We're going to need help." Yuriko said.
"Not to mention some MAJOR firepower. Our stuff did like jack to them last time, fer sure." Yoko said.
"That's why we're coming." came a voice.
"Sakura..." Ryo said.
"Ryo!" she said, running up and hugging him in her hardsuit with her helmet off. "Good to see you. No time to talk. Let's get moving."

She and the others flew into the air, and zoomed off like comets towards Ceiphied's fortress, while at the site, a shadowy individual cocked his weapons and looked towards the fortress as the sun began to set.

To Be Continued...

Next Episode

RYO: Yo! Ryo here! Next time, we come face to face with Ceiphied's new toys. He's really been juiced up this time! And on top of that, there's more Draconai than we thought! Where's he get these guys? But can we get to the guys in time? It's next time on Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath; Closing in on Victory, Act I. Don't miss it!