Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath ❯ Closing in on Victory, Act I ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath
Chapter 23: Closing in on Victory, Act I

The city of Toyama loomed over the horizon. Off in the distance, several streaks of light zoomed from offshore towards the area where the evil Draconai Lord, Ceiphied, had taken up residence. Recently, the evil lord had taken the Ronin Warriors into his possession. Now, the Amaterasu Seishi, and the She-Ronins raced towards the fortress, hoping to rescue their comrades.

"There's the fortress!" Navcase called out as they streaked closer and closer.
"I hope we can stop him." Ryo said.
"We're almost there. No turning back." Anubis declared.
"Don't worry, I brought a little support for our attack." Ayame said, flying up in some sort of autogyro, armed with missiles and a pair of railguns. The other She-Ronins flew alongside her, fully decked out in their armor, along with their Add-ons.
"Let's go." Ryo said, picking up speed. The others did as well and raced towards the base.
"Try and keep your power down so that they don't spot us." Navcase said.

The others nodded and continued onward. From Ceiphied's own fortress, one of his guards noticed something. Streaks of light. Flying towards the base!

"They're coming! Fire a warning shot!" he ordered. "Ishibiya!"

The Ishibiya Corps responded and fired their cannons, straight at the group.

"They've spotted us! Dodge quickly!" Ryo shouted.

The group peeled off in both directions as the blasts streaked harmlessly by them.

"Our turn." Ayako said, sending a force blast screaming into them, knocking the Corps down. Ayame opened fire with her missiles, sending them back down. As their own assault started, more Draconai began pouring out of the inner fortress, armed with guns.

"They've got guns now?" Ryo said, dodging their makeshift antiaircraft fire.
"Apparently so. We've got to get on the ground, then we'll be able to take them." Anubis said. "We need a diversion."
"Tsubasa no Hi!" Ryo screamed, his wings erupting from his back.

But something was wrong. Ryo burst into flame as a third wing appeared between the other two. Ryo struggled to keep control of his powers.

"HIDAMA EN!!!!!" Ryo screamed, sending one of his super fireballs screaming into the Draconai ranks, sending them scrambling, as the She-Ronins proceeded to touch down on the ground, except for Ayame. Sakura flipped her swords and proceeded to slice into the ranks quickly, while Yuri set off explosion after explosion with her Knuckle Bomber. More fell as Suiren began to slice them down while cloaked, while Ran skated around on her blades, launching remote mines at them. She stopped on a dime and fired her ice beam at a few members of Kouen's clan, long enough for Yuri to punch them to death with her explosive device. As one went down, she noticed another coming right at her. She reached back to punch, when a blur of energy flew through, hitting him in nine places at once, and bracing his sword for another go.

"Thanks Navcase. I'll take care of the rest of these bastards." Yuri said, taking down a few more.
"KIYA!!!!!" Yuriko screamed as she sliced through a few more with her naginata.

Elsewhere, Ryo was ripping though Koureha's clan with flame attack after flame attack. The attacks seemed to hurt them more than usual, and more unusually, him more than usual. Using Kouen's flame mantle was proving to be more harm than good. Ryo broke out his flame swords and began to tear into the forces with them. Still more Draconai were being knocked into hell by the aid of Ayako's force blasts, but they only seemed to stun the creatures. More and more Draconai were running in to strengthen their ranks. Between the twelve of them, the energists were not being ripped out fast enough.

"Navcase! Yuriko! We have only one option." Anubis said.

The three focused their power, as their weapons began to glow with a purple aura. Anubis began tearing into the Draconai, who vanished instantly as they were sliced by their powered up blades. Navcase ran by Draconai, cutting them left and right with his blade, vanishing as well. Yuriko cut into more, dispatching them similarly, before the charge wore off. The three were knocked back, their AT Fields absorbing enough of the blow as a rocket hit them and more Draconai charged in, armed with machinecannons, as a group of power armor armed with machinecannons and missiles walked in closer, cutting off their entryway. A series of strange tanks rolled in and transformed into cannons, aiming at the group.

"This is not good..." Ryo said.
"And there are still more energists than we can smash in time. Can you use that godlike speed of yours to dodge bullets Navcase?" Anubis asked.
"In the past, maybe. But that many...I do not think even the Tenken could do that." Navcase said.
"Relax boys. They haven't met my baby yet." Sakura said slyly.
"Your..." Anubis started.
"Baby?" Navcase finished.

The revving of an engine was heard as a motorcycle crashed through the front gate, firing its twin cannons to drive off the Draconai as Sakura hopped on, made a circle, transformed to humanoid mode as its Add-On flew in and interfaced with the Motorslave.

"Ceiphied, meet Kanesada." Sakura said.

Sakura opened fire with her twin cannons, into the ranks of gun armed Draconai, but their AT Fields went up.

"Damn! They've become resistant to technology! This isn't good." Anubis said.
"Not for long." Sakura said, pulling out some sort of strange rectangular gun and fired a shot that made the shields vanish. She then opened fire into their ranks, wasting them in rapid succession.
"Go for it Yoko!" she called out.

Yoko's hair turned white, as did her eyes, and she rained down lightning bolts on them, frying the members of Rakurai's clan that were assembled. Strange machines, resembling Kinjiro's Mecha Knights stormed out, adding to their problems.

"MORE OF THESE BASTARDS AAAAAAH!!!!!" Yuri screamed, tearing into them with her Knuckle Bomber and launching S-Mines at them, causing them to explode in tornadoes of energy. "Ran! Use the turrets!" she shouted.

Ran sent out several strange tripods, which unfolded into cannon turrets, which proceeded to open fire on any target they acquired, except for the warriors themselves. Ayako continued to knock them back with her force blasts, as they launched energy blasts at her, which she absorbed one by one as she discharged more of her force blasts, attempting to knock the machines apart. The Ishibiya Corps took several blasts at her, as she absorbed more and more energy.

"Ayako! Don't!" Yoko shouted.
"I...have to...we've got to stop them!"
"FIRE AGAIN!!!" they shouted.

They opened fire with maximum power, and she put up her AT Field in an attempt to stop it, causing a huge explosion, followed by a roar. When the dust cleared, the creature stood there, glowing brightly. With lightning speed it ran up to the Draconai one by one and slammed them into walls, sending powerful force blasts screaming into others. The Ishibiya forces fired more and more blasts at her, causing her to absorb more bio-energy, making her stronger.

"Ayako! Stop this! You can't contain that kind of power!"
"I can...do it!" she shouted back, her voice warped by her new form.

The other Draconai fired as fast as they could, as she absorbed more bio-energy, and proceeded to mutate even more. Her angelic wings became almost demonic, as the three spikes coming out of her helmet moved closer together, and some sort of whiptail like Gawl's grew out of the back of her head. An additional two blades each surged out from next to her forearm spikes. Her glovelike hands turned into claws, as her power increased, and she lost control, smashing Draconai, and sending them dangerously close to her own allies.

"Ayako! Get control! Some of those things down there are on YOUR side!" Ayame shouted to her.
"Ayako! Like, that Ancient guy said that you've got to get control of your ring for it to work right!"

The creature roared violently as it continued on its feral rampage, as Ayako struggled to get control.

"Ayako! You've got to unleash some of the bio-energy you've stored up! It's the only way to change back!" Anubis shouted.
"I'm trying!" She shouted.
"There are too many of them! We can't smash the energists fast enough!" Navcase shouted as he took down another.

The group huddled together as the Draconai closed in, with their new mechanical additions. It seemed to be over for the Seishi, before it barely began. And then, came gunfire. Bullets came at a rapid clip and cut through their armor like it was tinfoil. Draconai fell to the ground, writhing in pain. The Seishi looked at each other and knew what they needed to do. Carefully avoiding the shots, they ripped out the energists and smashed them one by one, as the hail of gunfire continued. The bullets seemed to be flying faster than normally, and a strange hum seemed to be erupting in the area. The group looked over to see a man, with a machinegun in each hand, dressed in SWAT armor firing like a madman, taking down Draconai after Draconai. The remaining forces retreated into the base, shutting the main doors to the inner area.

"Thank you for your..." Anubis said as he went up to thank the man.
"You're fools. I don't want your thanks. Besides, I work alone. The only thing I want, is revenge for my three-year old daughter's death, and for the death of my last attempt to take down these monsters. That way is into Ceiphied's inner sanctum. Good luck. You'll need it." he shouted before running off, leaving the Seishi to deal with the main gate.

"So, how are we supposed to get in this place?" Ryo wondered.
"Let's see if we can pull it open." Anubis said.

Each of the Seishi grabbed one of the doors and attempted to pull them open. Ayame landed as the She-Ronins helped out, throwing in Sakura's enhanced Motorslave strength. But the doors would not budge.

"Stand back." Yuri said, adjusting her Knuckle Bomber to maximum strength. Getting a running start, she flew at the door, punching into it with a loud battle cry. The impact however, sent her flying in the other direction. Attaching her cannon, she locked herself into the ground and fired, however, the door still held. Yoko walked up, closed her eyes and focused.
"There's like, some sort of magical seal. They won't open, and I'm not powerful enough to open them, that's fer sure."

Suddenly, Ayako, or, rather what was left of her walked up and with extreme strength, pulled the two doors off their hinges, and threw them to the ground. She then proceeded to walk into the fortress. The others readied their weapons and walked in after her.

The group carefully walked down the halls. The soldiers must have clearly retreated, as the group encountered little opposition, none that could not been easily dispatched. Blood stains were found everywhere, and in some areas, there lay the remains of soldiers that must have been killed when the Draconai first attacked. Yoko was practically sick to her stomach. She tried to leave, but Sakura stopped her.

"There are sights far worse than this. If you are to be a Seishi, you must acclimate yourself to them." Sakura explained.

Yoko nodded as the group proceeded onward, coming to a door.

"This is Ceiphied's main chamber. If he has not left, he will be in here." Navcase said.

Ayako tore the door open, abruptly, as the group stormed into the darkened room. The lights came on, where the group found Ceiphied sitting before them, with his Elite to either side.

"Ah, Seishi of Amaterasu. You've managed to locate me." Ceiphied said, sitting there looking evilly, like Gendo or even Eriol in one of his evil streaks.

"What have you done with our friends Ceiphied!" Ryo demanded.
"Oh, them. I have a surprise for all of you." Ceiphied said, snapping his claws.

Several glowing eyes appeared from behind him, as the Ronins and former Warlords walked towards their allies.

"It seems these gentlemen are jealous of your success and want payback."

The Seishi stood ready with their weapons as the Ronins and Warlords brought out theirs.

"ATTACK!!!" Ceiphied shouted, both groups going at each other, going into a manga freeze-frame.

To Be Continued...

Next Episode

ANUBIS: Anubis here. We've finally found Ceiphied, but before we can take him down, we have to fight through our former allies! What's this, the stranger returns to help us? He's what? And then, can we escape in time when the base comes down on top of us? It's the exciting conclusion to Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath; Closing in on Victory, Act II. You won't want to miss this one!