Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath ❯ From Ogre to Demon ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Up in the Heavens...
After his little run-in with Sakura, Ryo had retreated into the Palace library, where he hoped Sakura would not find him and try and kill him for innocently kissing Ran. After some searching, he had managed to find the book Ran and Yuri spoke of. He pulled it off the shelf and sat down. The book was written mostly in complex kanji, but Ryo was able to decipher it.
"Let's see...when the earth has been overrun completely by evil, fourteen Seishi blessed by the Gods of Light and Dark will come to save it...I thought that was the Ronins' job..." Ryo thought. "Oh well."
He continued reading.
"The plight of eight will awaken one who rides on wings of flame...Tsubasa no Hi...that's what the voice called me. Could I be one of them? Well, in this world, anything's possible. Okay...the burning desires from within will awaken one with wings of darkness...the wings of flame and darkness will be forever linked by steel...the third shall wield his sword in the name of the heavens...the bloodline of the fox monk will deliver one who is master of both magic and weather...from the heart of the Sword of Heaven, one who may cross between heaven and earth will come...a mistress of space will appear when the need arises...only when the problem has reached its peak will a lord of magnetism emerge to fight evil..."
"Whatcha' doin' Ryo?" Ran asked as she surprised the hero.
"N-n-nothing..." Ryo stammered.
"I see you're reading the legend of the Seishi..." Ran observed, pointing to the book Ryo was trying very hard to hide.
"Okay, you've caught me. Do you know what it means by, 'the wings of flame and darkness will be forever linked by steel?'" Ryo asked.
Ran thought for a moment. Ryo detected a sweet, sugary smell in the air around. As Ran chewed on the question in her mind, she also began to form a large pink bubble that popped on her face. She sucked it back in and turned to Ryo.
"I'm not sure. Mom said something about the first two Seishi supposedly having some aspect of their power linked. But I'm not really sure. We're still waiting for the prophesy to come true."
"Oh, I'm sorry about this afternoon." Ryo said.
"Oh, the little kiss? That was sweet of you. But don't mind Sakura, she's been this way ever since we got back." Ran explained.
"Any ideas on how to make her happy again?" Ryo asked.
"Flowers? Or show her an extravagant night...though that might be a little hard since she's grounded..." Ran said.
"Maybe I should just talk to her..." Ryo said.
"Okay...but don't say I didn't warn you." Ran said. "Well, I'm off to help cook dinner. See you later!" Ran said.
"Bye." Ryo said.
He knew it had to be done. Someone had to get Sakura off her antisocial ego trip. And it had to be him.
Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath
Chapter 7: From Ogre to Demon
At Ceiphied's impromptu base, plans were being made. The failures had been taken care of in the usual manner. His soldiers were prepared for anything. The fallen had been replaced by fresh recruits from the prisoners; the Mantles had been distributed per Draconai tradition. But his mission of conquest was not going as well as he had hoped. Too many failures had fought the Ronins and ran away. The previous Rakurai had been sent out to dispose of Anubis before he became too much of a problem...that had cause yet another problem, another loss. Ceiphied was loosing patience with his minions.
"KOUEN!!!! RAKURAI!!!! KOUREHA!!!!! GENTASSAI!!!! and GEKIDOKU!!!!! COME BEFORE ME!!!" Ceiphied boomed.
The five warriors entered the throne room and kowtowed to their leader.
"What do you wish of us, Lord Ceiphied?" Kouen asked.
"All five of you are going into battle together. Take the best warriors in each of your clans with you. You are to lure the Ronins out into the open, and destroy Anubis. We cannot afford another defeat by him." Ceiphied said.
"It shall be done my lord." Kouen assured him.
"Guys, we've got another problem. The Draconai are at it again. They're in the downtown area, terrorizing civilians and causing damage." Mia reported.
"We're on our way." Rowen said.
"Four of them are wearing those armors you fought before, there's some new guy, and a whole bunch of soldiers." Mia explained.
"We're on it. Tell Hariel and the others to meet us there." Rowen said.
The seven called upon their armors and took to the sky. Soaring high over the city at high speed, the group soon spotted the disturbance.
"There they are. Looks like the police are having some trouble." Sage said.
"Of course they are. They're no match for the Draconai." Kento said.
"Looks like they broke out the SWAT team..." Sai said.
"Let's go in." Dais said.
As the police attempted to hold back the crowds, everyone cheered as the Ronins arrived on the scene. They quickly fired up their beam weaponry and went to work. The crowd cheered as they made successful blows on the Elite...they booed as the Draconai knocked them back with their strength.
"These guys fight differently than last time..." Dais said as he attempted to hold back Rakurai as several soldiers slashed at his armor.
"Yeah, but we've still got to take them out!" Kento said. He sprayed Gekidoku with vulcan fire before running two soldiers through with his twin bladed staff. Another charged, but he used his cannon to take him out.
Sage slashed to the left, taking down one soldier, and to the right taking down another, then charging straight at Rakurai, who blocked with his claw.
"Give it up Ronin...You'll never win!" Rakurai shouted.
"I'm not going down without a fight!" Sage said, breaking out of their sword lock, going into his kata and nailing Rakurai with a Thunderbolt Cut.
"CURSE YOU RONIN!!!!" Rakurai screamed, zapping Sage with a lightning bolt. Several soldiers moved in on him, but they were quickly cut down by a certain maroon armor.
"Thought you could use some help." Kale said.
Sage frantically pointed to soldiers coming up to ambush Kale, but it was too late. Kale was roundhoused and knocked out of the picture.
Rowen was fighting off several members of Kouen's group before Kouen backhanded him away.
"As leader of the Draconai Elite, it is only fitting that I face you, the leader of the Ronins, in combat." Kouen said.
"As you wish!" Rowen said, attempting to nail him with his staff, but Kouen grabbed it and hit Rowen with it. Rowen managed to get it back and swung several times, but Kouen kept blocking. He knocked Rowen back with a fire blast.
Kento continued to slash through soldier after soldier, while Sai ran them through again and again. But they kept coming.
"We're running out of ammo and stamina here!" Rowen said.
"Tell me about it!" Kento added.
Suddenly, a salvo of missiles struck, wiping out several Draconai!
"Hariel!" Rowen shouted.
"Looks like we got here just in time. Okay Forgotten Souls, let's show these monsters what we're made of!" Hariel shouted.
"I have had enough of this!" Kouen shouted. He motioned to the other Elite. The soldiers fell back and the Elite formed rank.
Gekidoku used his breath weapon on the heroes, the corrosive acids eating through their armor, causing them to scream in pain. Koureha then let loose with a freeze blast, which froze them solid. Then, Rakurai let them have it with several jolts of electricity which cut through the ice, before an earthquake hit that shattered the ice and set them free. Kouen then wrapped them up in a tornado of flame that lifted them high into the air and dropped them hard.
"That is how you defeat gnats like them." Kouen said.
Suddenly a shield came out of nowhere and impaled Kouen, slamming him into a wall! The Ronins looked up horrified. People fled in terror. Hovering in the air above them, was Anubis. His eyes were glowing. And he had an evil looking aura erupting around him. He landed in front of the Ronins. He retracted his shield and Kouen charged at him. He swung, but he missed, and Anubis took that opportunity to drive his beam scythe through his chest. He then twisted the blade over, lifted him up on it and slammed him into a wall. Gentassai opened fire with a hail of rocks, but Anubis blasted them into sand with his vulcan cannons before firing off a Chi blast that knocked him over. Anubis ran over and lifted him up, and crashed him against his knee, before using him as a human shield against Gekidoku, who opened fire just as Anubis turned around, exposing Gentassai, causing him to writhe in pain from the poison. Anubis impaled him on his buster shield and tossed him aside like a rag doll, roaring in anger. Rakurai was next; he shocked Anubis with a violent lightning bolt, and several more, but they simply bounced off his armor plating and caused explosions of surrounding areas. He walked casually towards him, his armor deflecting every bolt, grabbed Rakurai by the throat and went skyward, before throwing him into the air and spiking him into the ground like a volleyball. Kouen tried to punch him; Anubis grabbed his fist, and pulled back, ripping off his arm, and tossing it away before punching him through the chest, reaching in and hurling him off to the other side.
"GEKIDOKU!!!!!!!!!!!!!" YOU'RE MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Anubis roared with extreme anger, the aura glowing brighter and brighter with every passing second.
He walked towards him, flinging Draconai soldiers out of the way that lined up to protect him. Several surrounded him and prepared to fire, but Anubis performed a technique that knocked them all way with a Chi shockwave. He then located Gekidoku. He grabbed the cowering warrior and slammed him into a wall, and then slammed him into another wall. He grabbed him by his arm, and slammed him over his shoulder into the ground. The carnage continued as he nailed him with punch after punch, wearing him down.
"ANUBIS!!! YOU'VE GOT TO GET CONTROL!!!! STOP THIS!!!!" Rowen called out.
"Anubis, come back with us!" Dais shouted.
The Ronins called out again and again as Anubis continued to pummel Gekidoku. Deep within Anubis' subconscious mind, he finally awoke.
"What's that...my friends...my allies..." Anubis said. "What have I done...I must put an end to this!"
"NOW YOU DIE!!!" the demonic Anubis shouted, holding his Scythe above his head, ready to plunge it into Gekidoku.
"NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Anubis shouted, struggling to get back control of his body.
Outside, Anubis began to swing. The blades got closer and closer. Deep within, Anubis tried desperately to stop this onslaught. Finally, at the last second, he mustered enough strength to stop himself. The blade stopped only inches from Gekidoku's head. The Ronins breathed a sigh of relief.
"NO!!!!!!! FINISH HIM!!!!!! IT IS NOT DONE UNTIL THEY ARE ALL DEAD!!!!" the voice shouted; the same voice that had told him to kill the Draconai so horribly before.
"No. It is dishonorable, and I will not be a part of this massacre anymore." Anubis said.
"Who's he talking to?" the other Ronins wondered.
"...I will not be a willing vessel to this insanity." Anubis declared.
"IF YOU WILL NOT DO IT...THEN I WILL!!!!" the voice declared.
Within his mind Anubis' was tossed back as a sinister, evil looking version of himself took control. It then morphed into a nasty looking winged demon with a large horn sticking out of its forehead.
"Oh dear...how could this have happened?" Anubis wondered.
Outside, Anubis began to scream in pain. He doubled over in pain. The armor buckled and then cracked as two large membranes began to form on his back. They stretched out into large bat like wings. The armored gloves he wore were destroyed as his hands grew into large claws. His body became bigger as he grew in height. His helmet was destroyed as a large, demonic looking head with a large horn emerged as Anubis became a strange cross between Deathscythe Hell Custom, EVA-01, and Zoantropy. The beast roared in anger.
"Protect me!" Gekidoku shouted as he tried to limp away.
The ugly monster proceeded to stop after Gekidoku, who was shielded by his troops.
"ANUBIS DESTROY!!!!!!!" it shouted.
Taking his staff and twirling it above his head, he slammed it into the ground, causing flames to erupt from the ground that vaporized the soldiers, as the ugly thing began to chase after Gekidoku.
"Okay, sure-kills may not work on the Draconai, but they sure as hell better work on that thing!" Rowen shouted.
The seven powered up with their kata motions and all seven sure kills flew at it, but it turned and created a sort of honeycomb like barrier.
"Uh oh...this isn't good." Rowen said.
It then collected all the energy and sent it back at the Ronins, knocking them out.
"ANUBIS SMASH GEKIDOKU!!!!" it declared.
"We better follow that thing." Hariel shouted.
The Forgotten Souls sped after the creature, which then took to the air searching for Gekidoku, who was attempting to run away. It went into a power dive and scooped him up, heading for the waterfront.
"Why would he go there?" Saranbo wondered.
"Because that's where Ryo was killed. That thing may not look like Anubis, but he's in there...somewhere."
Inside Anubis, he continued to plead with the demon.
"Please! Stop this! They have suffered enough. Stop this madness!" Anubis pleaded.
"ISN'T THIS WHAT YOU WANT? NOW HE MAY SUFFER FOR THE DEATH OF RYO!!!!!" the demon shouted.
"Why can't I move my body?" Anubis wondered.
"Because I have complete control. You are mine to control and manipulate!" the demon shouted.
The creature reached the waterfront and dropped Gekidoku. He then tackled him to the ground, and began punching into his chest, again and again, determined to get to his heart.
"STOP THIS!!!" Anubis shouted, summoning his old armor of Cruelty and proceeding to fight with the demon for control of his body.
The Forgotten Souls arrived on the scene. From the air, Hariel powered up the main weapons, training his sights on Anubis, hoping he would not have to fire...
Up in the Heavens...
"Ryo!" Amaterasu shouted, awakening Ryo.
"Huh? Wha?" he said, just waking up.
"Anubis has lost control of himself completely and the demon has taken over. We need your help. You've got to try and get through to him!" Amaterasu shouted.
She led him to another chamber in the palace, where there was a large mirror. Amaterasu waved her hand and showed him the battle at hand, as well as the struggle within Anubis' mind for control.
"Anubis is fighting hard to regain control of himself, but the demon has possessed his armor as well as his body now. He needs help to force it back. Place your hand on my shoulder and speak." Amaterasu said.
"What should I say?" Ryo wondered.
"Call out to him. Say anything, anything that will get his attention." Amaterasu said.
Ryo placed his hand on Amaterasu's shoulder, and shouted out, "Anubis!!!!!!"
"What? That's Ryo's voice." Anubis said.
The demon pushed him back.
"WHAT IS THIS!!!??" it shouted.
"It's Ryo!" Anubis exclaimed. "Ryo? Where are you?" Anubis called back.
"THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!" the demon shouted, slowly loosing control.
"I'm at Amaterasu's Palace. She's training me to help you fight the Draconai. I'll be back as soon as I can. Take care of yourself. You've got to help Rowen now as you helped me. I know you can do it." Ryo said.
Anubis listened, and grew stronger with every word.
"WHAT IS HAPPENING????" the demon shouted in frustration.
"THE IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!" Anubis shouted. "YOU'RE GOING BACK TO WHERE YOU BELONG!!!! QUAKE WITH FEAR!!!!" Anubis shouted, nailing the Demon and knocking it back into the darkness.
Anubis quickly stopped the onslaught and stepped away from Gekidoku.
"Huh? What's going on?" Hariel wondered.
Slowly but surely Anubis returned to his normal size and form, as the wings and claws disappeared and he shrunk back to his original form and Deathscythe armor. The Forgotten Souls ran over to him.
"Anubis! Are you all right?" Saber Strike shouted.
"Dear God...what have I done?" Anubis said, slowly remembering all the havoc he had wreaked, all the Draconai he had slaughtered brutally...Anubis put his hands over his face. "What have I done..."
"It was all the Demon Anubis. Not you." Saber Strike said.
"No...It was my body...how could I have done such a thing..." Anubis wondered.
"You better than anyone should know what a person is capable when under an evil influence." Saranbo said.
As the other Souls began to reassure Anubis of his sanity, Navcase watched the scene from above, happy and relieved that he did not have to intervene. But then he spotted Gekidoku headed towards Anubis!
"Anubis look out!" Saber Strike shouted, barely able to draw his sword.
Out of the sky a platinum blur flew by, driving Gekidoku into the wall, impaling him. Gekidoku coughed up blood.
"It may be the end for me, Rurouni...but your end will come very soon..." Gekidoku said weakly to Navcase, and then he breathed his last. Then Anubis passed out from exhaustion.
A few hours later...
Anubis awoke to find the other Ronins surrounding his bed.
"Feeling better Anubis?" Mia asked.
"Yes, much better, thank you Mia." Anubis said.
"We saw you turn into some sort of demon, and then you knocked us out. What happened?" Kento asked.
"I learned there was a demon inside of me. He had slowly creeped out of my armor and into my body, controlling my every action. It was a shame I did not realize this sooner. I managed to fight him off, thanks to Ryo." Anubis said.
Everyone was speechless.
"Anubis, you know he's dead, don't you?" Rowen said.
"He called out to me from the Heavens; that's where he is now. He's training with Amaterasu to help fight the Draconai. He said he'd return as soon as he could." Anubis said.
At this the Ronins began to cheer, knowing that their leader was in good hands.
"Now that I know Ryo is fine, I do not feel as worried now. I may even be able to control my armor now." Anubis said. "It would not have gone through that without some sort of alteration."
"Who cares? Let's go eat and celebrate!" Kento shouted, running off.
"Once again, as usual, am I the only one who wishes to destroy the Draconai? Teenagers." Anubis said, fuming once again. "And I hope that Ryo does not fall in love with that She-Devil again!"
"Heeee's baaaaaack...." Dais, Kale and Sekhmet said softly and in unison as Anubis headed downstairs to continue to lecture the heroes.
On Anubis' nightstand, his armor orb glowed an evil glow...and the sound of an evil laugh could faintly be heard.
To be Continued...

Next Episode
KENTO: Oh yeah! Anubis is back on the team, and he's back to normal, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Anything's better than that insane whacko Anubis.
SAI: Kento, we're here to discuss the next episode, not tell your thoughts about the situation.
KENTO: Right. Next time, a very interesting visitor comes to see us...Navcase!
SAI: Apparently he's finally ready to talk after keeping quiet all this time. But what does he have to say?
KENTO: You'll have to read the next chapter to find out!
SAI: It's next time on Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath; The Scaly Secrets Revealed.
KENTO AND SAI: See you next time!