Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath ❯ The Scaly Secrets Revealed ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
At Ceiphied's elaborate fortress, a ceremony was once again being enacted. Once again, five deserving candidates, one from each clan, stepped forward and were presented with the five armors that signified them as Draconai Elite. The evil dragons cheered as the new Elite took their places by Ceiphied's throne. The evil being rose to address his loyal minions.
"My loyal warriors! It is time we eliminate one thorn in our side, one that I should have made suffer eons ago had I known he would be this much trouble! I sense his presence...chances are he is heading to see the Ronins and tell them our secrets...WE MUST STOP HIM AT ONCE!!!!" Ceiphied shouted.
The Draconai cheered as Ceiphied declared his intentions to destroy Navcase. Ceiphied smiled slyly. Soon their greatest ally would be destroyed.
"We leave at once!" Ceiphied shouted.
Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath
Chapter 8: The Scaly Secrets Revealed
"Anubis! Slow down! When was the last time you ate?" Mia asked.
"I apologize Mia, ::chomp chomp:: but being possessed by a demon ::chew:: does prevent you from eating ::chomp::" Anubis said as he began eating like a Saiyan.
"Anubis, if you don't stop, they'll be nothing left for me!" Kento complained.
Sage patted Kento on the shoulder. "Don't Worry Kento, I'm sure you've had enough."
Kento crossed his arms and made a grumpy face as Anubis continued to stuff himself.
"Has Kayura finished looking over the armor orb?" Sai asked.
"She says it should be safe for Anubis to use, provided he doesn't try and power up. Though she is concerned about how a demon got in there to begin with." Dais explained.
"I'll be fine! I knocked that Demon back before, and if necessary, I'll do it again. Not a problem!" Anubis said.
Suddenly, the doorbell rang.
"Don't get up, I'll get it..." Mia sighed, walking towards the door. "I should REALLY consider making them pay rent..."
Upon reaching the door, she opened it to find Navcase wearing his armor.
"Navcase? What are you doing here?" Mia asked.
"No time to explain. May I come in, please? It is urgent that I speak with the Ronins." he replied.
"Of course...come in." Mia said. "I'll go tell the guys." Mia said.
"Thank you." Navcase said, weakly.
Several minutes later, the remaining heroes and Forgotten Souls were gathered around the couch, where Navcase sat in a chair across from them. Mia came in with drinks for everyone; sodas for the guys; coffee for the Warlords; tea for Navcase.
"So, what brings you here Navcase?" Anubis asked.
"Excuse me a second." he said, standing up.
He raised the Sword of Ryuujin to the sky dramatically, almost making a hole in the ceiling.
"Return to your Power Confined!" he shouted, causing the sword to glow and the armor to vanish in a flash of light. Off camera, a young girl was being held back by a young boy wearing a green Chinese outfit, screaming something about ripping off her line. Navcase was clad in his traditional Kenshin garb, with a hooded cloak over it, making him look like a strange cross between Kenshin, Kamui, and a Jedi Knight. He removed his hood and let his long red hair run down his back. It looked like it had not been combed or brushed in a very long time, the kind of nightmare hairdo that Suiren would conquer in an instant. Mia noticed it had gotten longer since she last saw him. He took a sip of his tea and then spoke.
"I have come to tell you something." Navcase explained. "It concerns my current predicament and that of the Draconai."
"What about them?" Kale said. "We're beating them back. Anubis did most of it thanks to his little curse."
"As much as you think you are beating those monsters, you are dead wrong. As I told you before, if you continued along this path you would never win. That is why I have been trying to aid you for these past few weeks."
"How do you know this?" Dais asked.
Navcase rose from his seat again and had Mia remove his cloak. He then removed his shirt to reveal...scales. The heroes gasped at the sight. His arms were also completely covered with scales as well. The heroes were too shocked to even speak.
"I would show you the effects on my legs, but Destonus' broadcast standards will not allow it." Navcase explained.
(Several dozen drooling bishounen loving teenage girls snap their fingers in disgust because they can't see Navcase in his undies)
"How did you get that way?" Sage said, finally breaking the silence.
(Flashback Begins)
NAVCASE: Shortly after stealing the Draconai Armor of Ryuujin from Ceiphied, he attempted to get the armor back himself, only to find that it had been locked away from him.
(CUT TO: Clip from RWVSDBZ 16 plays, showing Ceiphied attempting to retrieve the armor and failing at the attempt)
NAVCASE: Since he was unable to reclaim the armor...he figured he would have me suffer eternally in its place.
(CUT TO: A girl's scream and her calling out to Navcase as she is dragged away from him; Navcase being dragged before Ceiphied, him ripping out his heart and replacing it with an energist)
NAVCASE: Ceiphied used his curse on me, but as an added bonus he put a delay on the spell so the duration would take several years before it took effect, turning me into a Draconai. I could only wait.
(Flashback ends)
The group had listened quietly to Navcase's story; now Anubis spoke up.
"Curse?"
"Yes. That is how new Draconai are created. Perhaps I should start from the beginning...the Very beginning."
(Flashback II starts the events are illustrated as Navcase speaks)
NAVCASE: Shortly after the initial battle between Drakka and Amaterasu and the sealing away of the Armors of Darkness, there was tension between the Nether Dragons of who would replace their leader, who had been sealed away in a pocket dimension by Amaterasu. There were two Nether Dragons vying for that title, the wise and ancient Yin Fang Sung, and a younger dragon by the name of Ji Ni Ti. The two battled, as was the custom. Ji Ni Ti lost the battle, and thus it was Yin Fang Sung you faced when Drakka's army attacked Earth. However, it did not end there. Ji Ni Ti was furious, and left Drakka's fortress, taking most of his supporters with him. Several months later, he and his allies attacked Drakka's fortress, but they were defeated painfully by Drakka's combined forces. Those that survived, including Ji Ni Ti himself, were brought before Drakka, who cast an evil spell upon them, stripping them of their Nether Dragon forms and confining them to humanoid bodies. He then cast them out. However, the warriors soon learned that they could assume their Dragon forms, despite what Drakka had said, and relentlessly attacked the palace. They were held back for an hour, before they returned to their cursed forms and fled again, setting up a base elsewhere, far from Drakka. He cast aside his former title and took the name of an ancient dragon God from another realm, and also declared himself and his clan the Draconai, which in ancient Nether Dragon roughly means "cursed dragon"
"So what you're saying is, Ji Ni Ti became Ceiphied." Anubis said.
"Yes." Navcase replied.
"So what else is there about the Draconai that we need to know?" Rowen said.
"Much. Sometime after the curse, Ceiphied learned that he could curse any humanoid into a Draconai. He also developed a variant that could resurrect fallen warriors. That is why it is so important to smash the energists." Navcase explained.
"You mean those rose-like crystal thingies?" Kento said.
"Yes. Those 'rose-like crystal thingies', as you so eloquently put it. The energists contain the souls of his warriors. If you smash them when you defeat a Draconai, he cannot resurrect them, and his numbers will slowly diminish."
"Why do some Draconai die due to different attacks and some don't?" Sage asked.
"An excellent question. The Draconai, possibly due to the curse, are divided into five clans: Fire, Earth, Lightning, Ice, and Poison. There is an Elite at the head of each of them, who wears a special armor that allows them to call on their breath weapons without being in Nether Dragon form. They are replaced as they are defeated. Always remember this; Earth and Poison, Fire and Ice. Lightning is its own opposite. That is how you defeat the Draconai." Navcase said.
"What about Ceiphied?" Sai asked.
"Ceiphied has the combined power of all the clans. He is also amazingly powerful, even more so when he has his sacred treasure back." Navcase said.
"The armor." Dais said.
"Yes. That is why he hates me so much. The only one he hates more is Drakka. He has recently become interested in an ancient legend, just before I escaped from his clutches."
"What legend?" Rowen asked.
Before Navcase could continue, Mia burst in.
"Sorry for interrupting but I was just listening to the news, and the Draconai are out!" Mia exclaimed.
Anubis switched on the TV, where live footage showed the Draconai marching down the street with Ceiphied in the lead.
"Oh no. Ceiphied. I've got to stop him!" Navcase shouted. "Thank you for your hospitality."
He headed for the door after grabbing Ryuujin.
"Wait. Let us help you." Anubis said.
"No. He wants me. I have a score to settle with him." Navcase explained, heading off.
Navcase raced through the streets, the endurance of the Draconai making him faster. He knew Ceiphied had to be stopped...and he was the only one who could do it. But at least if he failed, the Ronins knew what they were doing now.
Ceiphied and his warriors paraded down the streets of Toyama, blasting everything in their way. Nothing would stand in their way of Navcase. And destruction would be the one thing that brought him to them. He smiled as the noble warrior appeared at the end of the street. Navcase's stolen theme echoed through the air as the two faced off.
"I see you still have my armor. Give it back." Ceiphied said casually.
"Come get it." Navcase said, bringing out the sword.
(From Uncertainty to Impatience kicks up)
Navcase and Ceiphied stared each other down. Navcase was ready with Ryuujin. Ceiphied stood in front of an army of Draconai who would tear Navcase to shreds in an instant. The tension grew. Navcase gripped his weapon tighter. Finally, Ceiphied broke the silence.
"Get him."
(Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu kicks up)
Navcase threw the sword aside and dashed with lightning speed towards the soldiers, cutting them down with swift strokes from his katana. The Sword of the Soaring Heavens was more than a match for the ancient dragons; he was simply too fast for them. In a matter of minutes the 30 or some Draconai sent at Navcase had all been taken down. Navcase stood there, brandishing his sword for a run-through, breathing heavily.
"Well done. But I'm guessing you didn't plan for this." Ceiphied said, snapping his fingers.
From the side streets and behind Ceiphied a swarm of Draconai charged at the warrior; faster than he could cut them down. A distant cry was heard and soon the groups were knocked back by a sure-kill barrage. Rowen and the others came out of their finished poses and ran up to increase Navcase's ranks.
"I thought I told you this was my fight." Navcase said.
"Everyone needs help now and then." Rowen answered.
"True. Let's get them." Navcase said.
The warriors fanned out and proceeded to fight the Draconai again. Navcase was impressed by the skill with which the Ronins and Warlords fought.
"Navcase!" Kento called, as he attempted to hold off a group of Draconai that had surrounded him.
"Yes!" Navcase called back, having trouble of his own.
"How can you tell which clan is which?" Kento called.
"By the coloring of their wardrobe!" Navcase shouted back.
Kento looked at his opponents, and realized they had very light blue accents, almost like ice. He whipped out both his flame-throwers and fried them extra crispy.
"ENOUGH!!! GRAB NAVCASE NOW!!!!" Ceiphied shouted.
Several of his soldiers grabbed Navcase. When he resisted, one punched him in the chest, subduing him. He was dragged before a fuming Ceiphied.
"They've got Navcase! We've got to help him!" Hariel shouted.
"Armor of Deathscythe..." Anubis began.
"No Anubis. Kayura told you not to." Dais warned.
The sky began to darken as Ceiphied held his hand out to Navcase, who tried to resist.
"O great evil from realms beyond...may the sands of time accelerate this process of torture, and bring it to a close!" Ceiphied chanted.
Navcase screamed in pain as his neck and then his head became covered with scales. When he rose he was completely a Draconai.
"NO!!!!!!!!!" Anubis shouted.
Navcase smirked. And then broke into a full fledged laugh as a minion handed him the Sword of Ryuujin.
"I Navcase, do reaffirm the Blood Pact made with the Draconai Armor, Ryuujin! Sleeping Dragon, awaken once more!"
The armor once again was summoned forth. The twin emeralds on either shoulder glowed with energy as the Ronins prepared to flee. Navcase fired, knocking the heroes for a loop. They crashed to the ground as all that they heard was the combined laughter of Navcase and Ceiphied...
This is the End of Part 1.
To be Continued...
Next Episode
DAIS: Things have gotten really bad. Navcase is now a Draconai, and he's after us!
KALE: When he attacks the Mansion, can we drive him off without killing him? And when Anubis calls upon his improved power for the first time, can he control himself?
SUIREN: This is Suiren! Meanwhile, Ryo finally gets Sakura back! Will this spell trouble for the training?
ANUBIS: It's next time on Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath; Navcase, Emissary of the Draconai. You won't want to miss this one!