Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Ronins Together Again ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 1
The Ronins aren't often able to get all together, especially when their children are in school year round. They found that it was easier to get together when the children were younger, but when the children became teenagers, it became harder, since they were in school for longer periods of time. But with interest starting to develop between the teenagers, the kids want to spend more time together. Now, the former Ronins have a hard time keeping their kids apart.
But marriage is in the future. Currently, the former Ronins and their children are enjoying a nice summer's day at Cye's lake house. The day was meant to be spent with all five families, but the only people currently at the house are the children and Ronins. The wives of the Ronin Warriors are all shopping in the nearest city, which happens to be over 35 miles away.
Though the men decided to spend the day in the house, for a quiet afternoon, the teenagers decided that time spent in the house for not for them. They wanted time together and didn't want to worry about their dads being in the next room. It was decided by all that an afternoon spent at the lake would be just what the doctor ordered. Walking down to the lake, the teenagers spend a few hours in the sun and water. But all too soon, they realize that their afternoon is done for the day, since it's for supper and they need to get back to the house.
“Come on, guys!” yells Nami, as she gets out of the water. “Our dads will like totally freak if we walk into the house late for dinner, especially my dad. He's probably doing all the cooking.”
“Only because he's probably the only one who knows what he's doing in a kitchen,” says Hoshi, who left the water earlier for a little sun and is resting on the beach.
Giggling, Nami nods her head. “Dad's the only one with a clue.”
“And what a clue he has!” exclaims Miki, as he swims toward the shore. “Your dad has magic fingers when it comes to food.”
“Ain't that the truth,” says Kaida, as she steps out of the water.
Walking over to where they all left their towels, they dry off as much as they can before slipping their clothes on over their swimsuits. Running into the forest that is between them and their house, Kaida stops just a few feet into the woods and places a hand at her neck.
“Damn, I forgot the necklace that Dad gave me,” says Kaida, as she looks back toward the lake.
“I'll walk back with you to look for it,” replies Kira, who had stopped next to Kaida.
“I'll join ya,” says Makoto, as he begins to walk back to the lake.
“No. Go ahead back to the house. Tell dad I will be along,” says Kaida, as she heads back toward the lake with Kira right beside her.
“See ya back at the house,” shouts Nami, as she starts to run toward the house.
The two girls run back to the lake. Kaida quickly finds the necklace where she had left it, but as they turn to head back to the house, three men dressed in body armor step out of the nearby forest, but from the opposite direction that the teenagers had left in.
“Who are you and what are you doing here?” demands Kaida, as looks them over. “This is private property.”
“We are friends of your fathers,” replies the man in the purple armor.
“Dressed in battle armor? You look more like enemies than friends,” replies Kira, as she eyes the warriors.
“We have not come all this way just to talk with you, girl,” states the man dress in black armor. “Where are the Ronins?”
“Rowen? He's back at the house,” replies Kaida, nodding her head in the direction of the house.
“Not Rowen. Ronin,” responds the green armored warrior. “Tell us now or you will suffer dearly.”
“But we don't know who you're talking about,” replies Kira, keeping her eyes focused on the black armored man. Why does this one make me more nervous than the other two?
“Perhaps my venom will loosen your tongue,” says the green armored man, as he starts toward the girls. “Again, where is Wildfire and the others?”
“I don't know what you are talking about,” says Kira as she takes a step back from the advancing warrior.
Lunging toward Kira, the green armored man misses her as she back-flips out of his way. Landing next to Kaida, Kira leans toward her friend.
“I know some fighting techniques, but not enough to keep these guys at bay,” whispers Kira, as she keeps an eye on the three warriors. “We need help.”
“Do you think our dads might be outside? What if we yelled for them?” whispers Kaida, though her eyes never leave the armored men.
“Enough talking! Tell us what we want to know,” demands the black armored man, taking a step toward the girls.
“Can't tell you what we don't know,” snaps Kaida.
“Or maybe you just need a little help in remembering,” replies the warrior in purple armor, as he also moves toward the girls.
As the men advance on the two girls, Kira back-flips again out of reach. Seeing that she has a chance, Kira takes a deep breath and shouts out…
“Help! Dad!”
Within seconds, the armored men overcome the girls and, though Kira tries to fight, it isn't long before they are rendered unconscious.