Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Ronins Together Again ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3
As the four teenagers keep watch over their two friends, they try to listen in on what is being said downstairs. Only hearing the murmur of voices, they turn their attention to each other.
“What is this all about?” asks Nami, from the floor where she is sitting with her boyfriend.
“I don't know,” replies Makoto, sitting next to Kaida on the bed. “I really wish I did though.”
“When will they let us get involved?” asks Miki. “I mean, it's boring just sitting up here. I want some action.”
No one answers, since none of them know when their fathers will call for them. For a few minutes, the room is silent while they think about what happened down by the lake. Suddenly, Makoto stands up and walks around the small room.
“I should have been there.”
“You couldn't have know,” replies Miki, looking up at his friend.
“Besides, what if you had been there? Instead of two friends lying in bed, it could have been three,” adds Nami, as she stands up and places a comforting hand on her brother's shoulder.
“Or, I could have protected them,” says Makoto, as he shakes off his sister's hand and walks back over to Kaida's bed.
“You need to focus on the here and now,” says Hoshi. “Torturing yourself with `what if' won't do anyone any good.”
Another silence befalls the room, this time deeper than the last.