Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Ronins Together Again ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 5
Kaida and Kira continue to stare at the Warlords, while not moving any further into the room. Ryo glances between the two girls and the Warlords.
“Do you know them, Kaida?” asks Ryo. “Kaida?”
“Yeah, we know them,” replies Kaida slowly.
“Kira?” asks Sage, moving toward his daughter.
“They're the ones who jumped us at the lake,” replies Kira, pointing a finger at the Warlords.
“Are you sure, child?” asks Lady Kayra, as she turns and looks at the Warlords over her shoulder.
“Very,” replies Kira, glancing at Lady Kayra and then returning her attention to the Warlords.
“You must be mistaken, girl,” says Cale, shaking his head. “I've never seen you before now.”
“I'd believe my daughter before I would believe you, Cale,” responds Sage, taking a step toward Cale. “You just couldn't leave us alone. It wasn't enough to fight us 21 years ago. Now you have to attack our children.”
“Halo, this is impossible,” says Kayra, stepping between the Sage and Cale. “They were with me during the time when you said the girls were attacked.”
“And he's the Warlord of Illusion,” says Kento, pointing a finger at Dais. “For all you know, he could have used an illusion to make you think they were there.”
“Hardly,” sneers Dais.
“Or you could be trying to protect them,” says Rowen, glancing between the Warlords and Kayra.
“We don't need to be protected, Strata,” says Sekhmet, taking a step toward Rowen.
“Stop!” shouts Cye, gaining the attention of everyone in the room. Taking a breath, Cye looks around the room. “I wouldn't be the first to defend them, but lets hear what they have to say before you try to kill them.”
“For once, I am in agreement with you, Torrent,” says Sekhmet, glancing at Cye.
“If Cye's willing to give you a chance, then I am willing to listen,” says Ryo, as he looks toward each Warlord. “Explain.”
“As Lady Kayra said, we had been with her,” says Dais, thinking that that was enough of an explanation.
“Not good enough, Warlord of Illusion,” replies Kento.
“Tell us your story, child,” asks Kayra, not wanting a fight to break out.
“Well, the six of us went to the lake to swim before dinner,” says Kaida. “It was time to head back, so we started back toward the house. While walking back, I realized that I had forgotten my necklace by the lake, so I went back to get it.”
“I went with her,” continues Kira. “Just as she found it, they walked out of the woods.” Kira points toward the three Warlords. “They wanted to know where the `Ronin' was and they also asked for “Wildfire and the others'.”
“But we didn't know what they were talking about. Then they attacked us,” finishes Kaida, glaring at the Warlords.
“Child, are you sure that it was they and not someone who looks like them?” asks Kayra.
“Do you have a lot of armored guys where you come from?” asks Kaida, raising a brow.
“Is cockiness genetic?” asks Sekhmet, glancing at Ryo. “Or is it something you taught her?”
Ignoring the by-play, Kira takes Kayra's question seriously. “We didn't see their faces, so who knows. But the armors are identical.”
“What about evil clones?” asks Miki. “Or dark twins?”
“Miki, get real,” replies Makoto, shaking his head.
“Well, technically speaking, clones are not that far off,” replies Cye, glancing at Sekhmet. “Are they, Sekhmet?”
“Are you implying something, Torrent?” asks Sekhmet, shifting his body to face Cye.
“If the shoe fits,” replies Cye, raising a brow.
“This is not helping anyone,” says Kayra, as she glances between Cye and Sekhmet.
“Well,” says Hoshi, gaining everyone's attention. “I have a question.”
“What's that, son?” asks Rowen, looking at his son.
“How do you know these guys?” asks Hoshi.
“Yeah, it's kind of obvious that you all know each other,” says Nami. “But we, like, have no memory of you guys.”
“It was before you were born, Nami,” says Cye. “And it's a long story.”
“Maybe it's a story that they should know,” says Rowen. Looking to each Ronin, Rowen settles his eyes on Ryo. Nodding his head, Ryo looks at the teenagers.
“Get comfortable,” says Ryo. “This may take a while.”