Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Talpa Has A Sister ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Talpa Has a Sister!"
By Wildfire

Epilogue

Kento sat on his bed looking at the notebook his mom had given him. Kento sighed, then opened the notebook and started writing.
Okay, my mom said that if I wouldn't talk to her about where I was for four weeks that I was to write down my feelings and junk. I don't know, she said she would never read it, but that I had better use it. Anyway, from what I hear Sage is in a lot of trouble, because we were at his house. I guess I oughta tell you a little about why we were at his house. We go over there every summer; Sage's parents leave every summer with his two sisters and grandfather. Sage agrees to stay home and manage the dojo as long as he can have some friends stay over. It's worked great till now. I also hear that Ryo's foster mom was so mad that he disappears for so long that she called child welfare to get him a new foster mom, saying that she didn't want him anymore; I hope he doesn't move to far. Cye's mom was just really glad to see him, she was really worried about him. Even Rowan's dad was worried about him, I guess that Rowen and him are out camping for the weekend. Rowan's dad kept saying that it was his fault for not spending more time with him.
Kit decided to stay in the Dynasty with Derek! I thought Ryo was going to kill her when we found out she was in love with a Warlord. Rowen was heartbroken when he found out Kat wanted to stay with her sisters in the Dynasty. But Rowen told her that she should go with her family. All three of the cousins went home; they said that they had been away for far too long. Ryo tried to get them to stay, saying their 'gifts' might come in handy. They just said that they had to go and that they were sure if the Dynasty did come back that there'd be someone else to help them. None of us know what that means, but I'm sure we will someday.
Chi Chi wrote me the other day, saying that our relationship just wasn't going to work. Gee, she couldn't even tell me herself. Whatever, I guess that Cye and Sage got the same letter from Britt and Tina. Mariah left the day after we got back; Ryo was still out cold, so he didn't get to say goodbye to her. He was really upset, but all he said about it was 'I wish her well.' School starts in about three weeks and we're all grounded until then. Well, that's it. This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Kento

*****

Mariah stood in some kind of forest; the trees all looked as if they had been there for thousands of years. She had arrived three days ago and she still had no clue on how to find her parents. She had run into a little girl the second day she had arrived but as soon as the little girl saw her she ran away.
Mariah turned and went a different way; she didn't know where she was going. The odd thing was she never saw anything that was alive. Besides the little girl, Mariah seemed to be the only living thing. She was starting to wondering if Kayura got the wrong planet. Mariah was about to turn around again when she heard footsteps. Mariah stopped dead in her tracks and turned around. She stood perfectly still for a while, just waiting; soon she saw a whole bunch of... soldiers came. But they looked like her; some were male and some female. They had some armor on but it didn't look anything like Ryo's; it was thinner and a light brownish color. Mariah took a step back; when they were close enough they stopped. One of the people took a step forward; he was big, he had ears like Mariah, and his head was shaved. He took out a spear-like thing from a buckle on his waist; the soldier twirled the weapon around a little then threw it in to a tree. He stared at Mariah for a while, then he started to walk around her. He looked her up and down for a while then nodded his head.
"What clan are you from?" he asked quickly.
Mariah eyes got big. "Cl... cl... clan? I... I..." Mariah looked around; they looked ready to kill. Mariah swallowed hard, and then stood up straighter. "I do NOT know what you are talking about!" Remember to stay calm! Remember the things Ryo taught you. You can do this! If they attack fight back then run!
"Of course you do! The clan you were born into! Don't be smart with me, young lady, or else! I would hate to have to animal you!" he said, then crossed his arms
"ANIMAL me? What is that! Look, I think..." Mariah put her hands up.
"Stop! That's it! You would have made a great soldier, but not now! Take her!" He turned to leave, and a girl came towards her. She took out her spear and walked towards Mariah. Mariah took a step back. The girls eyes widened; the guy that had been talking to her earlier whirled around. "HOW DARE you back away! Come here now! OR I will be forced to use the Three-tree on you!" Mariah stared at him. She had no idea what he was talking about. "I SAID come here! WHAT IS YOUR CLAN! I well not ask again. It's sku-ske, isn't it! It has to be, by your manner! I don't know what else it could be!"
Mariah calmed herself down. Calm down! Think! I have to remember the... clan? Oh, all I remember is fire! And a few memories of my mother and father! What was it! Ahh, Mom said something about the sky-lee; is that a clan, though? Well, it's worth a try. "I am from the clan sky-lee?" she said hopefully.
The group of soldiers gasped; the man from earlier stepped up again. "Sk... s... sky-lllee? Why didn't you say so? I am so sorry, we never meant to show any rudeness to you. Please forgive us." The man bowed, and the others bowed as well
Mariah looked at them. What did I say? What does sky-lee mean, anyway! Oh, I wish I could remember! Oh well, better play it. "Yes, well... you are forgiven. But I need to find someone, or someones. Could you help me?"
"We will do whatever you wish. You have showed us kindness, beyond reason! What do you wish?" the man said again.
Mariah smiled. "Well, first, what is your name?"
They all gasped again; Mariah wondered if she had said something wrong. "Of course, please excuse our rudeness. I am Skllu, this..." Skllu gestured to a young woman, "is Allsae, and this is Skala; Skala is from Sky-lee as well, so you may know him."
Mariah looked down. "Can't say that I've ever really met him." Mariah started to fidget with her fingers.
Skala stepped forward. "It's odd, I've not only been in the Sky-lee from birth but I stayed in the royal palace my whole life too! I thought I knew everyone in that clan. I GUESS I was wrong." Skala glared at her.
Skllu looked back and forth between the two. "We will take her to the king; he will know who she is. He knows everyone, AND if he doesn't, his advisor will." Skllu turned to Mariah. "I hope you don't mind?"
Mariah put on a fake smile. "Of course I don't." Like I really have a choice! Maybe this king will know who I am.

*****

Ryo sat in a car waiting for some guy to come out. The guy was from child welfare; he was assigned to find Ryo a new home. Ryo knew the guy, it was the same guy that had found him homes in the past. His name was Eric and he was a JERK!
Ryo watched as Eric came bursting out of the building; he was a tiny man, he had a potbelly and no muscle, he had short brown hair with a bald spot on the top of his head, and his eyes were a dull brown. Eric got in the car, pulled out some keys, and started the car. Ryo stayed silent for the ride to his NEW home. Eric pulled up to a tiny house; the house looked old and ratty, it looked as if no one had ever lived in it.
Eric turned and looked at him. "Ryo, this is your last chance! I didn't think they should have even given you this chance. Do you understand what I'm saying, Ryo?"
"That if I don't make this work I'll be yelled at?" Ryo said in a smart-aleck tone.
"NO! It means if this doesn't work for any reason you'll be going to an orphanage." Ryo's eyes widened. "YES, an orphanage, but not just any orphanage; if you go to this one you'll be there till you're twenty-one!"
Ryo stared at him "Any reasons? Meaning..."
"MEANING THAT I don't care if she's beating you! If it doesn't work out, you are going to a orphanage for troubled kids! And you'll be there till you're twenty-one. NOW get your things out of my car!" Eric glared at him for a while. Finally Ryo got out of the car and got his three bags out of the backseat. Ryo didn't have many things and he planned to keep it that way. As soon as Ryo shut the door of the car, Eric pulled away. Sighing, Ryo started up to the house. He looked to his right; in an alley crouched a white tiger. He could do this, with his friends he could do anything. He would make this work. He would not being going back to any orphanage, not even for a day.

*****

Sage sat in his room, rolling his orb over his fingers. He had spent the last few days hiding in his room as his parents and grandfather tried to get out of him of where he was. Then when they couldn't they started yelling. How he hated yelling!
"SAGE!" his father's voice yelled up "Could you come down here? PLEASE."
Here we go again, Sage thought to himself as he rolled off his bed. Sage opened his door as slow as he could. Then headed down the stairs, halfway down the stairs and he could already see the living room. His mother sat in a chair, and his father and grandfather sat on the couch, leaving the other chair for him. Sage put on a fake smile as he entered the room.
"Sage, honey, have a seat," his mother said, gesturing to the other chair.
Sage smiled. "Sure," Sage said and the sat on the floor. His grandfather shook his head.
His father sat up straighter. "Sage... you know that we all love you very much, right?" His father went on before Sage could respond.
Sage sat calmly on the floor; he hadn't really heard anything since the 'you know we love you' statement. He had heard it all before. He somewhat heard his father saying something about not yelling, but he didn't care. It would be the same as before, say they weren't going to yell, then when they didn't hear what they wanted to hear they'd start yelling. His mom would then try to calm everyone down, which would start even more yelling, and he would go back up to his room until they called him down again, and it would start again.
"Sage, SAGE! Have you heard a word I've said?" Sage's father stared at him. Sage looked up.
"Yeah, you don't want to yell at me, but you love me and want to know where I was, right?" Sage said and started to fiddle with his orb again.
Sage's father looked at him, and raised his voice. "Sage, if you're involved any some kind of drug or something, we can get you help! But we need you to tell us where you were!"
Sage smiled, "I was saving the world from a crazy girl who wanted to prove she was better than her brother."
"DAMMIT, SAGE! This is serious! We were worried. We come home to find you nowhere to be FOUND! And then when you finally do show up you refuse to tell us where you were! HOW LONG WERE YOU GONE! HOW LONG WAS THE DOJO 'CLOSED'!"
"Honey, please don't yell." Sage's mother stood up.
Sage's grandfather sat up. "SUSAN! Don't tell him he can't yell at his boy! If he was in my day, none of this would have happened. MY father would have told me to get a stick! And I would have been switched until I did tell!"
Anger flared in his mother's eyes. "YES, well, we're not in your day, ARE WE!"
"Don't you use that tone of voice with me, young lady! YOU are still my daughter! I don't care how old you are, you will respect me!"
"You will not..."
Sage took his chance to escape to his room again. Sage plopped down on his bed, he could still hear them yelling down below. He smiled to himself. They probably still thought he was down there; when they realized he wasn't it would go quiet. Then it would start again.
Sage looked at his watch. 5:02; he wondered if the next fight would happen before or after dinner. What was he saying, it would probably happen 'during' dinner.

*****

Mariah was starting at a huge castle. "Come on." She was pushed through the door. Skllu looked down on her. "From someone of the sky-lee clan, you act as if you have never been here." Mariah smiled nervously at him. "Come."
Mariah stepped in through a huge door; the room was huge and it was pretty much empty, except for three chairs in the front. The middle chair was bigger than the other two; there was a man sitting in it. A big man, he had the same black hair as Mariah did. He seemed familiar, but Mariah didn't know why. To the left of him sat an empty chair; it was a little shorter than the middle one but not much, and to the right of the man sat a much smaller chair than the first two. A man also sat in that chair; he had lots of muscle, but was quite short.
The short man stared at her. "I do not know her," he pointed towards Mariah, "she is not of the sky-lee clan, of that I am sure!" The short man turned to the bigger man. "Your Highness, do you know who she is?"
Mariah was now sure he must be the king of this place; the king smiled at her. "It is strange, I do not recognize her, but... at the same time I do. Child, you say you're from the sky-lee clan?"
"I think so," Mariah said, eyeing the guards.
"You either are or you're not, there is no thinking to it! What is your name?" the king asked her.
Mariah opened her mouth to talk, but before she could a man came in and bowed low to the ground, then stood up. "The queen!" The man backed out of the doors and in his place came a beautiful woman; her hair flowed around her gently, her white dress looked more like it was part of her instead of it just being clothing.
"My lovely wife, to what do I owe this lovely visit?" the King said, standing up and guiding the woman to the empty chair. Mariah kept her head down.
"I hear there is a woman in the castle that nobody knew, and I came to see." As the king widened his eyes, the queen just smiled. "News travels fast. Young lady, what is your name?"
Mariah kept her head down. "My... my..."
"CHILD! Do look up when you're talking, I can't understand a word you're saying!" the queen said, snapping her fingers. Mariah looked up and the queen gasped; a tear ran down the queen's face.
"My dear, what's wrong!" the king asked. "Maybe you should go lie down."
The queen stared at him for a second. "You don't see it?"
The king looked puzzled. "See what? My dear, I really think you should lie down for a while."
The queen glared at him. She grabbed her necklace; it was a heart-shaped locket. The Queen opened it. "LOOK!"
The king looked at the locket then at Mariah again. He stood up and walked towards her. "Wh... what is your name?" the King asked again.
"Mariah." Mariah dropped to her knee. "Your Highness," she added quickly. She looked up at the king and swallowed.
The queen stepped forward. "Where are you from? What are you doing here?"
"I am searching for my parents; they left me in the Dynasty by accident; Kayura sent me here to find them," Mariah said, looking from the king to the queen.
"Well then," the queen said, smiling, then helped her up, "you found them."
Mariah's eyes widened. The king handed her the locket; on one side was a picture of a little girl, and on the other was the king and queen together; the queen was holding a little baby. Mariah smiled.

That's it, I'll be starting the next book later, "The Legend of the Solar Whip". Love ya, write me.