Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Target: Ronin ❯ Enter Death ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Don't own nothing.





Chapter 1
Enter Death


Cye sped up running through the pitch black forest. The trees seemed to be alive and the moon looked closer than when in the city. His breathing became rasp and his throat dry. He couldn't stop to take a break; they were coming. He didn't see them, he only heard them and felt them, but he didn't see them...

*Flashback 15 minutes earlier*


Cye grabbed his tan jacket off the coat rack next to the door as he said his good-byes, "Bye Mia, bye Yuli, bye Ryo. I'll see ya guys later.""Bye Cye." they coursed waving as he opened the door to leave.

He walked down the driveway whistling a merry tune to himself. A rustle from the bushes. He stopped in half whistle as he glanced in the direction of the sound.
"Wonder what that was?" he asked himself as he instinctively grabbed a familiar marble with the 'Trust' symbol flaring out of it. He didn't transform, he just waited. When the noise didn't repeat itself he shrugged and continued walking down the path that lead to the street. He started back whistling when the trees on his right rustled then on his left. Two lights then flared and got closer to him every second.

Cye had a least seven seconds to transform into his sub-armor and to roll out of the way before the two light collided in the spot he was just in. They were moving so fast that he couldn't see what they were. A gun? No. The mark was too big. So what was it?

Just as he began to ponder that thought the area got very foggy, and very cold in mere seconds.

"This isn't normal." he hissed as his eyes jetted from left to right looking for any sign of life other than himself.

Another bright flare. A red light. It started speeding towards him steaming the fog away as it did. Cye side jumped to avoid it and the tree behind him burst into flames as the light touched it.

Cye's eyes grew in amazed and in slight fear. Who did that? And why were they out to get him?

Again he had no time to answer the questions. Something hit him from behind. An energy surged through his body causing him to fall to his knees. It stun him giving his unseen attacker the chance to kick him in gut. Before they could do any more damage, Cye rolled out of the way and ended up on his feet once he was done.

"Come out and show yourself." Cye dared. Nothing. No one came. All noises fell silent. The fog even vanished. A swift noise came from his right. Cye pulled his head just in time to see another light fly by. This time instead of causing the tree to catch fire, it went right through the middle making the top crash to the ground. Dust burst from under the tree and from what Cye could see so did someone. The kneed him in the stomach again, then flung him towards a large rock. Half way into it though he regain control, did a handplant on the rock and landed on his feet on the other side of the rock. His only choice was to run. He couldn't see nor tell which direction they were in or going to come from.

*End Flashback*

Now since then Cye had got hit with a large blast and little disk of light were flying at his head every second. He dodged those, but it was the large blast that had got his attention. By now he had figured out that it was more than one person, but he was still stumped on who it was.

Cye burst out of the forest into an open plain. The only exit was the cliff or to turn around. Both were suicide. He ran to the end of the cliff looked down hoping to see water, but only the blackness that overtook the night. He turn his head back towards the forest to see four figures standing there. Their faces, hidden by the shadows. They were like ghost. He couldn't get a single feature. He got height, but that didn't help.

Then for the first time in fifteen minutes Cye heard something besides a blast, a crash, and his own breathing. A voice. One of them said something. It was a low, but he could catch what they said. They said it in the most clam voice he's ever heard in this kind of situation."Kill him." was what he heard.

His eyes widen with fear as two of the four jumped towards him still hidden in the shadows. He backed up and got in his fighting stance. They jumped foreward then out of his view. One went left the other went right. He glance from side to side with his eyes still in fighting stance. The other two never moved. He caught a glimps of something and in time blocked a punch. All he saw was a glove. Another fist collided with the right side of his face then two knees crashed into his stomach. He pushed the figures off him as he stumbled back. He stopped himself before he fell. They jumped at him. Cye only three things. A glimsp of white, hair, and then the moon. The bright full moon. He then releazied he was falling. He was plunging into the dark pit, he was plunging to his death. He did the last thing he could. He prayed.

A/N: Short? I know. Weird? I know that too. Who's was chasing Cye? Can't tell you that. Do I know who was chasing Cye? Of course I do. Why? You'll find out. When? Don't know. What's gonna happen next? Sage is going to meet a strange person. Now my questions to you? Did you like it? Do you want more?