Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ True Love ❯ Give Me A Day Or Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 2: Give Me a Day or Two

Kyoko made it home in a matter of five minutes when she saw the ambulance taking her mother down. *Sheesh, one more minute later, I'd be toast. * She ran towards the moving stretcher and saw how well her mother had looked, compared to a few months ago.

"Oh, my daughter came early after all," her mother joked with a fragile smile.

"Yes mama, I did. Are you feeling any better?" Kyoko asked with a concerned expression when her mother started having violent fits of coughs.

"Yes, I am... I just got a little chill."

"We better get her in before the storm starts up." The ambulance server announced as he pointed with his thumb to the stirring clouds up above to the right of them.

"Yeah, we better." Kyoko stated as she helped the man bring her mother in the nice house. The house was traditionally Japanese, but had more of an American atmosphere. Together, the two worked hard to push the woman on the stretcher in the front door and succeeded with the first three failed attempts.

"Thanks Kyoko..." the man said as he bowed, "I'll see you later, Ms. Mizami. I need to get back to the hospital before they start to call me to get another patient." The man smiled as he walked away from the house. "Call me if you need anything at all."

"I will...thanks again Mr. Ti'saki. Drive safely." Kyoko closed the door behind her and walked into her mother's bedroom, where she was laid upon her bed by her daughter and Mr. Ti'saki a few minutes ago.

"So, how was it at the hospital today?" asked Kyoko as she sat on her mother's bed.

"Good, a little stuffy, but good. How was your day at school?"

"As usual everybody picks at me for being different. No biggy, just another day, and another dollar to get out of that hell-hole." Kyoko started with a sigh.

"Yeah, next year, you'll be a senior, and next year you'll get to leave home for America and get into the college you want."

"You're coming along, too," Kyoko smiled with a sad glint in her eyes.

"If I even last that long. This cancer is really going to kill me." Ms. Sakai said with a frown. "That's okay, though what the doctors say, I'll live to see you graduate."

"That doesn't help, mama, I want you to grow older with me and see you're grandchildren." Kyoko voiced with tears in her eyes.

"My dear, sweet, and kind daughter, you know that God is disserving of me, and will take me away, since I'm in all this pain."

"But why would God take away the only family I have," Kyoko choked back a sob, "What kind of God takes away everything good and always leaves the bad to even inflict more wounds on the heart!"

"Kyoko, you lost your faith so much, but now is not that time to lose it. You'll be consumed in more pain if you don't realize that this is fate."

"Yeah, but fate is so cruel." Kyoko had tears running down her face as she sobbed this out. She hugged her mother with tightness. "I don't want to lose you like dad."

"You never lost dad, and you won't ever lose me, because I'll be in your heart always." Mizami told her daughter with an affectionate smile.

Kyoko started to cry on her mom as she hugged tighter. Her mother only did what mothers did best, comforted her daughter.

&&&

The sunlight penetrated through the cracks of the dark maroon linen curtains as it softly hit Sage right on the eyes. He squinted his eyes with annoyance as he turned over to the other side. All of a sudden, he heard the door croon open. He groaned as he turned over again to look at his older sister's smirking face.

"Get out, Yayoi!" Sage said with partial rage for just seeing her.

"I'll get out, only if you get up. Mom said that breakfast would be ready in ten minutes. SO, within that time, you best be ready." Yayoi almost closed the door when... "Oh yeah, your doofy friends are here." Yayoi cracked a vicious smile. "And your fan club called again this morning, wondering why oh so mister wonderful himself has not walked any of them home yesterday or not today at school at five a.m." Yayoi closed the door when a pillow was flung into the air, hitting the door instead of its intended target.

"Man, what a pain in the ass." Sage snorted as he got up, fixed his bed up nice and neat, and went to take a shower...

&&&

"Is that so?" Rowen inquired as Mrs. Date put a plate of pancakes with syrup in front of him.

"Yeah, that's what Takani had called about. She said that he disappeared before she and her friends could be escorted to their houses and stop on the way to be treated for being his leading ladies." Satsuki announced again, rolling her eyes.

"Well, that's really new." Cye said, with interest flaring in his deep sea-green eyes.

"Yeah, I think Sage is getting over his head! Why would he not want to escort such beautiful ladies." Kento bellowed, laughing.

"Kento, you're such a dummy," Satsuki snickered, "You've got to see through his point of view to know what he's going through."

"Yeah, I agree with Satsuki..." Ryo smiled at Mrs. Date, who was giving him some breakfast. "Thank you, Mrs. Date."

"Oh please, for the third time, Ryo, don't call me Mrs. Date. It sounds as if I'm older than a grandma." Mrs. Date laughed, "Call me, Ms. Marcie, it sounds nicer."

"Puh-leeze, anyway you put it, you know you're still old, mom." Satsuki smirked. Marcie looked at her daughter and frowned...

"Well, I guess I should get a facial implant."

"Don't you mean a facial makeover." Yayoi joked as she walked down the stairs.

"Yayoi, shut up."

"Satsuki, don't make me go drop kick you!"

"I would like to see you try, you donkey looking stupid pea-brain for a sister."

"Girls, both of you calm down." Marcie sternly looked at her daughters. Yayoi and Satsuki had their last battle of the wit by sticking their tongues. "I swear, my teenagers get more childish every time they do that." All the ronins laughed as they ate in silence again. "Hey, Yayoi, did you wake your brother?"

"Yeah, but the womanizer is fixing his hair for that fan-club of his." Yayoi smiled at her mom, who glared back. Yayoi muttered something under her breath about something when Sage finally came down.

"Hey, everybody." Sage greeted as he plopped down in his chair in-between Ryo and Cye.

"Hi, buddy, what you've been up too?" Rowen questioned, "You didn't wait for us, so we thought you were with your girlfriends, but they called and complained that they didn't see you."

"I was just trying to get away from them for one day. I only wanted a simple solitary moment."

"Yeah, really..." Ryo said as he drank the last of his orange juice. "Those girls can go buck wild on you...can't they?"

"You wouldn't know how bad it can be." Sage groaned, putting his hand over his eyes, leaning his head backwards.

"Then why don't you quit being the flirt king, and just be normal like your friends." Satsuki stated.

"Ye..."

"You know he wouldn't get farther than a minute without trying to get his girlfriends to back off." Yayoi sarcastically grinned.

"Okay, Yayoi, you want a bet, fine...just give me a day or two...and I'll be single again."

"All righty then, but you should know, you won't even get past the first stage."

"Oh yes, I will, because I have good friends that will help me..."

The rest of the meal was finished with silence and all of the ronins and Satsuki walked on their way to school. Yayoi got into her car, and laughed in their faces about not giving them a ride and rudely left them in the dust.

***

Author's evil notes!

Not! I mean, good notes! *_~

Thanks for the reviews, guys, and Kitty, don't worry, I'll continue this... and hey, ya never know I might give this story a twist. I have it all planned out and I've written the last chapter to show for it. ^_^ I feel so special b/c you said that I was your fave fanfic writer (teary-eyed) you like me, you really, really like me! *_~ Kitty, Kitty, quite contrary... You hafta continue your story, ya chica.

Look ma, I learned a new word: Chica! Hahaha!

You're my fave writer too! Yay! ~_^

Very special thanks to Isabel Night for pointing of Sage's sisters' names, I've been to theria.net and I've read upon it, but I've never saved it, and my computer was not working well, so I couldn't get the info to look to see what relatives they had. So I stuck with the names someone had given to me a long time ago when I first planned this story... So, when I get the chance, I'll change them. I think the first name of the older sister was Satsuki, but I'm not sure.

Alley-cat: Thank you for reviewing, I'll review your story again when the other chapters get up, so get hoppin! MUHAHAHAHAHA

But thanks again.

Oh and REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!

REVIEWS ARE NICE! ONLY WHEN THEY ARE WRITTEN WELL! TE HE!!!!!