Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ True Love ❯ chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 7: A Moment In Time of Essence

Sage paced back and forth in the waiting room as his mother filled out the report and signed a form saying she would take control of the patient. Umeko looked at her son, assuring him before she went on her way to the doctor's locker room.

Sage smoothed his hair back with his hand as he thought of what might happen to Kyoko. No, he shouldn't think like that and in any case, why did he even care? He thought he was still betting that he could get rid of all girls for the senior year. Sage sighed as he sat down, waiting for a word on how Kyoko was doing.

As Sage was waiting, he noticed a familiar voice call out.

"HEY! I WANT TO SEE HER! SHE'S MY FRIEND!" he heard the boisterous voice holler. Sage walked towards the desk where the waiting room was facing. He stared wide-eyed at the guy that was fixing to cuss out the nurse who was trying hard to push him back and to calm him down before a scene broke out.

"Sir, calm down. Only immediate family or the boyfriend can see her."

"I'm one of her close friends, damn it," Kento stated a little calmer.

"I'm sorry sir, but the doctor gave me full proof instructions not to allow anybody in her room without his or her consent and up until her family arrives."

"Bullshit! Her mom can't! She doesn't even have a mom! Her father's dead and I'm the only damn friend that frickin cares for her!"

"Sir, you'll have to calm down or I'll be forced to call the police."

"Call the fuckin police, I don't give a damn, I have a right to see the damn patient." Kento grumbled.

"Kento?" a voice called from his left. Kento angrily glared at the woman before turning to see whom the voice belonged to. He was surprised to see Sage standing there.

"S-Sage?" Kento questioned with confused eyes. Sage nodded, "What are you doing here?"

"I should ask you the same, since you've been very rude to the nurse that has been trying to calm you down since a few minutes ago."

"Well, I have a right to see her."

"Who's her?"

"Her name is Maia Grey. She was raped tonight. Supposedly the boyfriend thought that she was cheating and she got, well to him, what she deserved." Kento informed him of the news, following Sage into the empty waiting room and then leaning against the doorframe.

"Maia? Isn't she the one that tutors you? Cye said you, him and Maia were great friends growing up."

Kento looked at Sage and nodded. "Yeah, that and before we had to move away for the war with Talpa and the dynasty." Kento whispered, looking down. "I can't believe that she even got raped. If I ever catch him, I'll kill him with my bare hands."

"You really care for her, don't you."

"More than anything."

"More than food." Sage joked, but saw that Kento was not in the mood.

"I said anything. I would capture the moon for her."

"Well, I think that I can pull some strings and set you up with the room number she is in."

Kento's eyes beamed. "Really?"

"Sure," Sage walked out of the waiting room and told Kento to wait. He patiently waited and then finally Sage acknowledged him to follow. Kento followed Sage through the corridors of the huge hospital.

Sage then finally got to the door that the number the nurse told him Maia was in. Before Sage could open the door, Kento put a hand on his shoulder.

"What's the matter?"

"I don't know if I can do this. I'm such a chicken. What do I say to her?"

"Nothing, just show her."

"Right...what would she see in a guy like me." Kento put his head down.

"She'd see who you always were..." Sage said, "A kind hearted oaf that is really goofy and has a great personality."

Kento grinned, "Yeah, you are right, I'll just be the jackass in me."

"Well, not that part. You wouldn't want to overdo it."

"Oh yeah, right, gotcha." Kento sucked in a breath and walked in, leaving Sage at the door. Sage smiled as he saw his mother coming towards him.

"How is she?" Sage asked, when he knew his mother was coming up to him.

"Kyoko is doing fine. She's just almost had a nervous break down and is resting right now," Umeko said, with a hint of confusion. "Honey?"

"Yeah...what?" Sage asked as they both walked towards where Kyoko was.

"How do you think this happened?"

Sage shrugged. "I really don't know. I don't know her well enough."

"But I thought you did. I honestly thought I have seen her before. So, you didn't date her before."

"No,"

"Why not? She seems to have a great personality."

"Well...I really don't know."

"And here I thought that you were the flirt king of your high school." Umeko smiled.

"Well, I am but not for long. I'm giving up my ways." Sage gingerly said.

"Oh, and why not?"

"I really don't want to talk about it. How long is it going to be until I can see her?"

"My...for someone you've never taken interested with before sure has you on a chain."

"Hmm?" Sage looked at his mother in confusion.

"Oh you'll see what I do in the future."

Sage continued to have a very delirious look upon her back as his mom walked in front of him. They both finally entered the room where they saw Kyoko thrashing around her bed...

__________

Kyoko seemed like she was floating on thin air. Her breathing was shallow and it felt like she was on the brink of death. She wished her mom and dad was here, but she knew that was impossible. She heard voices of torment and screams of painful meaning. She wanted to open her eyes but she didn't seem to want to. Kyoko heard a familiar voice, but yet it seemed distant to her over exhausted mind.

Whispers and figures moved about in her ebony mind that seemed to shatter with screams.

"You will not ever have him...he is mine...leave him alone..." the voice whispered.

"You will never be one with him.... I will hunt you down..." the woman's voice again repeated.

Kyoko tried running, but a sudden figure stopped her in her tracks. The figure was dressed in old raggedy clothes with a cape and hood upon its head.

"Who are you?" gasped Kyoko, watching, as the figure seemed to shake with chuckling.

"Someone like you doesn't belong with him!" the voice mumbled, "You are a whore and you know it! You are in love with him! But you cannot have him! He is mine and mine alone!"

"Who? Who are you talking about!"

"Do not get attached to him, it will be your doom and downfall if you do..." another voice told her from the cloaked figure.

"Show yourself!" Kyoko demanded.

"As you wish... but you will not like what you see." The figure opened its hood and there stood something that shocked Kyoko, her reflection in a two- way mirror.

"Forget him! Forget him! Forget him!" Kyoko's other halves chanted. Kyoko covered her ears like she knew what they were talking about, but her mind was reeling over and over to whom they were talking about.

"Kyoko...Kyoko..." She heard another voice talk to her through a hazy state. Slowly, but surely, Kyoko managed to open her eyes. She saw three doctors and Sage hovering over her. The first thing she did was hug Sage, which surprised him in the long run.

"Don't leave me!" Kyoko cried, "It's so dark and scary!"

Sage didn't know what she was talking about. All he did was run one of his hands through her hair and said soothing words to her until she fell into a peaceful sleep.

_____

Hey ya'll....sorry I have not updated in such a long, well not that long of a time. But I would love to thank all of you for reviewing. It makes me feel much better to know that you all love my story. ^_^

Well, I have been really busy with school...and I am going to be very busy. OH and if Kitty or Rogue is reading this. I'm really, really sorry that I haven't e-mailed you guys. I'm very sorry. It's just that my e-mail doesn't seem to work. I have no idea. I guess its just not enough memory in my computer. *groans* I hate that. I really miss talking wit u guys. Peace...

Sifirela K