Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ True Love ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 8: The Way It Goes

Everything seemed to grow silent as Maia watched the stars in the night sky. They were very sparkly, everything she was not. The pit of her stomach seemed to ache even more as a nurse put some tubes in her. She winced but did not make a sound. Maia then heard the nurse leave and was relieved in some sort of way.

She wanted to be alone for all the reasons that God could probably explain over and over. Why did the man she thought loved her rape her? Why did she even let him come back several times after hurting her continuously? Why even after the time he stood her up and got a girl pregnant? All these thoughts were running through her mind when she heard the door open then close. She thought it was the nurse to run more tubes in her but she heard a male cough politely to get her attention. A fear crept up in her mind that her boyfriend was back. She looked scared towards the person who entered.

Maia looked hard on the person with surprised and big eyes. There, in the moonlight, Kento's silhouette figure adorned from the new moon.

"Kento?" she whispered hoarsely as she looked away. "Go away. I don't need your sympathy."

Kento looked at Maia with concern.

"Mai-"

"Just GO AWAY!" Maia practically screamed as she turned completely away. "I told you, just go away. I don't want to see anybody right now. Go home...please. Just leave me alone."

Kento walked up to Maia, her figure shaking in the bed. He could tell that she was sobbing and went over towards the other side of the bed where she was facing. She looked up and saw the concern and sincere in his eyes that she never saw before in a guy. Kento swallowed hard when she sprang forth and wrapped her hands around his neck, her face buried in the case of the neck.

"Oh Kento, you were right. You were right the whole time. That bastard doesn't care for me. No one does." She cried in tears.

"Shh, that's not true. That is not even true. Everybody loves you. It's only him that sees you worthless, but I, I mean, Cye and I find you to be the treasure of my eh our lives."

Maia sniffled and then picked her head up to look into dark blue eyes that seemed to sparkle like the midnight sky outside in the universe. They seemed to be plucked out from heaven and placed at her feet. The love in his eyes were intense and she felt a passion like she never did before. Seconds flew by before their lips met slightly then once again. Kento kissed her harder than he ever a girl in his life and loved every single minute.

_______

Kyoko woke up a few hours later in a dark room. She felt as though her whole world was spinning. She tried to move but she felt arms tightly surround her. She froze in her position and noticed from a mind point that she was on somebody's chest that was rising and falling in a sleepy way. Kyoko felt her eyes wanting to close again and was surprisingly comfortable in the position she woke up too. She fell asleep right then and there.

_________

The sun shined through the cracks of the hospital window when Sage finally woke up. He felt like he had been sleeping on a curved board when he felt someone wrapped in his arms.

'This feels nice.' Sage thought as he felt right holding this warm apparition. 'Huh? What the?' He looked down when his eyes opened fully in surprise. There, in his arms, was non-other than Kyoko sleeping away with a smile on her face. He sucked in a breath when he tried to trace back in his memories why he was in this position. He relaxed when he remembered that he had fallen asleep past midnight, not wanting to leave Kyoko's side.

Kyoko, at that moment, opened her eyes to find herself in the same position she found herself in last night. She noticed that what she was on, now was moving in a distressed way. She sat up, feeling the tightness slowly seep away. She was slightly disappointed that it resulted in no return and looked up. Brown eyes met violet blue eyes that showed sincere. She felt in a daze from the morning dew that seemed to etch up into her room. Sage felt as though he was in a daze too as he felt warmth from the two sparkling brown orbs that seemed to captivate his face towards hers.

Kyoko's mouth seemed to be dry as their lips seemed to inches away then smaller than that. They were about to kiss for some unveiled passion that stirred inside of them when they heard a forced.

___________

Cye walked through the hospital to get to the room where the nurse told him that Maia was in. Kento, he knew, was already there. He passed several different rooms and patients with visitors. He got to the room that Maia was in and opened the door to see Kento and Maia kissing.

_____

Sage and Kyoko both stared at Sage's grinning mom. Kyoko blushed as she got out of Sage's arms and winced at the pain in her wrist as she put weight upon it. She fell back in Sage's arms, Sage automatically catching her.

"I don't think you are strong enough to walk out of here, miss Sakai." Umeko told her patient. "You are to remain here until your strength returns."

"But." Kyoko was sat down by Sage, who robotically went to the other side of the room, blushing from head to toe, or so it seemed. "But, my mother is not doing well and I must take care of her. The only times I ever leave her is to go to school. Please. You must check me out of here."

Umeko looked sternly upon her patient, "I'm sorry, young lady, but you had a very high fever and you are still very weak from the percentage of blood you've lost from that nasty wound. I just want to make sure you are doing good enough to go home. Till then, you shall remain here."

"But."

"No buts, it's my job to keep you in here. By the way, your mom is being taken cared of by Mr. Ti'saki. You might remember him, Kyoko."

"Mr. Ti'saki?" Kyoko looked surprised, "How did you know?"

"I happen to be Mizami's doctor and friend. We grew up together, I'll have you know."

"Really? I never knew that. She never really did talk about her past." Kyoko put her head down.

"She'll be fine, Kyoko-san. Don't worry. Mr. Ti'saki is a very good man, besides, you need a vacation from worrying about everything." Umeko came up to Kyoko and put a hand on her shoulder in comfort. Kyoko nodded in acknowledgement and got into her bed with the help of Umeko. Umeko motioned for Sage to follow her for Kyoko to get some good rest and closed the door behind her.

After they were gone, Kyoko laid back in her bed and looked at her bandaged wrist. Whatever she did to deserve this one, she would take it too good heart. Her good hand moved towards her lips when she remembered the way it felt to have warm breath flinging emotions all around in her head. She wondered what possessed her to do that or even what possessed Sage to even hold her like that. One day, she would find out, but her eyes became heavy with sleep and she soon went into a deep slumber.

__________

Sage walked out of the room with his mom following behind him. Umeko had a big smirk on her face as Sage turned around and glared at his mom.

"Boy, for someone who says he has no more girlfriends sure questions my thoughts." Umeko teased.

"Mom, stop it. I'm not going out with her. Like I said before, she's just a friend."

"By the way you were about to swallow her whole seemed to tell me right there that something is happening between you two."

"But we just met. Well, technically did. I just never did pay attention to her."

"Why?"

"Well, because she wasn't my type."

"Oh and those others were. That's why you are giving up on being the king if flirts, no? Come on Sage, I know you feel something for her."

"Mom, that's not it. She just didn't cut my status."

"Your status, oh ho, I know I didn't just hear that. I also know that I raised a better son than that." Umeko glanced at her son as they both walked to the elevator. "You know what Sage, you are going to lose something important right in front of your eyes if you keep having that attitude. I want you to just listen to me." Umeko put her hands up when Sage was about to protest. "I want you to at least try to get to know her. I knew her mom and if she is anything like Mizami, you will see what I mean. She needs you more than anyone else for an odd feeling I have."

"Mom,"

"I am just saying, she needs a friend and if nobody wants to do it then you should, since, you are not the flirt king anymore."

Sage didn't say anything to that. Maybe that was all she needed, a friend. Maybe that was what he was longing in a girl too. Maybe…just maybe.

"And, you also need help with algebra II." Umeko interrupted his thoughts.

"Mom, how the heck did you know that?" Sage looked bewildered.

"Well, because I am your mommy, sugar-lumpkins."

Umeko laughed at her son's face as the elevator took them down to the parking lot where she brought him home.